Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:26:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section  (Read 158142 times)
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #840 on: May 13, 2006, 03:36:05 AM »

please dont bash bumble foot after only hearing reviews of the show.. you havent seen or head any of his work with GnR.... you know he is gonna do his best.... let it ride for a few days guys before you bash him and praise bucket... u guys are sooooooooooooo bitter..
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #841 on: May 13, 2006, 03:37:07 AM »

actually...robin was REALLY into it.....Axl n Robin were leaning into each other alot, axl had a special moment with tommy where he was hugging him and talkling into his ear.....

Thanks man.

Its good to hear that there are visible signs the band has really bonded. That was the tragic undoing of the first band I think. Its funny to think that the new band has been together about as long as the original, right?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #842 on: May 13, 2006, 03:37:34 AM »

{not sure if it goes here}

WHat a day it was! The weather held up and I was out there on the line with a lot of cool people. KV, Eva, Dave,and some others.

also went down to mustangs and met mike,jaz,dark,and mr intensity...all cool people...mike is hilarious and mad cool

Gates opened up late and Bullets blew.

I was right on the rail dead middle.

Im not gonna go thru the setlist but Ill go over some stuff that I remember.

LAdies and Gents, boys and girls, Im really not sure if it can get better than that. I thought MSG was mind blowing, forget it. This was truly a musical orgasm. Seeing Axl and this band within a a few feet from you is really unexplainable. And Ill tell you what...please stash away all the Axl is fat, Axl looks weird garbage away. Axl is in tip top shape. He was wearing a black leather shirt and jeans. Looked really badass. No wardrobe changes by the way.

The rest of the band looked really cool and Finck has a lil bit of a diff look and wore reg clothes no alien suits.

Bfoot was very good but hes not Bucket. Image and music wise. Hes excellent though. Give him a few shows to gel with the band cause he looked a lil out of place tonight. But some of his solos were killer.

They played all the 02 songs minus I think About You and added the leaks except CITR.

TWATs intro sounds even better live and overall it kills the leak. This was without a doubt the best song of the leaks livewise.

Better was excellent oo

and IRS was ok but I think the leak/finished version will sound better than a live version

Madagascar sounded amazing live. One of the highlights of the night for me.

What was extremely cool about this show compared to MSG was that everyone was singing the new songs including the leaks....and Axl later commented something to the effect of " you fuckers are into dloading" or something to that effect and then they played irs if im not mistaken

I couldnt make out what Axl was saying when he talked so we'll have to wait and see

Another highlight was when he brought out BAch to play My Michelle. That was amazing.

All I can say is RObin Finck is the friggen man. Not only did he play his balls off but he was all over the place on the stage and in the crowd. He was so fukin cool. You haters really need to see him live and upclose before you slag on him. He was the 2nd best performer out there tonight.

idk if any1 caught this but Robin also saved Tommy from going underneath the NR fireworks just in time. Tommy was crakin up after that.

another thing to note is this bands chemistry. THIS IS A BAND. You could tell they were happy to be there and playing with each other. Hugging and clapping for each other, jamming, etc. Really cool to see. Stuff you dont catch as much on the boots.

Thats itfor now. You peoplewill have a blast. If you want an amazing experience you must be right up there. To see Axl is truly amazing. I dont know how to describe it. I will be soar tomorrow but its worth it...trust me....

gnfr baby

« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 03:49:02 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #843 on: May 13, 2006, 03:40:05 AM »

Awesome stuff, thanks. Not that I was there, but from what Ive seen and heard of them, I honestly think the new band is so good there is no need for a classic reunion. Bring on the future of rock and roll!

This is history unfolding.
shaun
« Reply #844 on: May 13, 2006, 03:40:25 AM »

just got back from the show too.. .great show.. the sound wasn't that good for the first few tunes.. the set list was pretty much the same as the 02 tour.. opened with jungle and closed with night train.. pc encor... they added better, twat. and irs and scratched.. crazy, think about you, and rocket queen.. kinda suprised about rocket queen...  i'm just going to list things as i think of then.. to try to give everyone and idea of the show..
better sounded exactly like the leak.. they kept the weird robot noise in the middle.. the song rocked live though.. and is my fav of the leaks
stinson was awsome.. by far the best performer on the stage.. .other than axl
twat and maddy were a bit heavier than the versions we have
they didn't play oh my god either.. forgot that one too
knockin of heavens door was more like the illusion version than the 02 version..  also axl killed this one.. his voice was awsome
bumble foot was actually pretty good.. i liked his solo.. he is def talented.. more of a shredder than the blusey guitar i would have prefered.. but over all good..  the only think i didn't like was this stupid guitar that he used for a few songs that was shaped like a foot and painted like a bumble bee... pretty awful
they skipped the very begining of november rain.. also i thought fink and fortis were getting into a fight during this song.. but fink was actually dragging fortis from the back of the stage.. because seconds after a shower of pyro techs came down.. fink was just looking out him...
fink lost the goth look.. long hair and beard.. much better than the last tour.. he also tried to crowd surf but the security pulled him down.. fink also wrote better
baz joined axl for my michele.. prob the highlight of the show for me.. that was awsome
axl looked normal.. no jersey.. just jeans and a pleather looking button down..
there was zero mention of a new album and he didn't really introduce any of the new songs... exept befor irs he said something about.. "your all a bunch of downloading mother fuckers.. i see you singing along"  he said it jest.. he wasn't really pissed..
thats all i can think of right now... also no rhiad or silk worms.. obviously
over all the show was very good.. i think his voice was better at this show than any from the last tour.. ...  i was a little disappointed that they didn't play and songs that ive never heard before... and that they stuck to pretty much the same setlist and order...

Rocket Queen, thats cool. I don't think the new GnR have performed that song in the past. It is one of GnR's best songs. Needs Slash on it though (me and my big mouth again). So was Izzy there?
Steel_Angel
« Reply #845 on: May 13, 2006, 03:40:31 AM »

wow, now i really cant wait to hear the boots. thanks for the review man ?ok this bands gonna rock  beer
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #846 on: May 13, 2006, 03:40:35 AM »

im not lying about bumblefuck...he sucked, he looked like a roadie from the 80s, seriously...why would i bash him??? i could care less, i want slash back, then BH...im just telling u what i saw n heard...

he actually flubbed alot...he missed notes, he tried doing runs up n down the fretboard like BH, but he sucked....it souned like he was playing with a case of the jitters....im sure the dude rocks, he just didnt play great tonight, and looked like my uncle anthony...im not sure why he's there, regardless of his playing......it looked like Axl, Robin, and a bunch of backing players....actually, dizzy looked kinda cool i guess...pittman, i couldn't tell...well, i lie....i didn't look at him more then maybe twice...

I know, i said to my friend outside when we met back up...i said, robin's almost been with axl as long as slash.....

i was outside of hammerstein at 1:20, so the show ended alittle after 1AM
shaun
« Reply #847 on: May 13, 2006, 03:41:15 AM »

These are the songs they played, not the order

Jungle
Its so easy
Out to get me
Mr Brownstone
Paradise City
My Michelle
Scom
Night train
Patience
Live and let die
November rain
Knocking on heavens door
You could be mine
Madagascar
The blues
Chinese Democracy
Better
IRS
Twat

what about Rocket Queen
uncleslashbob
Headliner

Smith can you bring me some tea?

« Reply #848 on: May 13, 2006, 03:42:56 AM »

it was fuckin great a million memories the best night of my life fuckin mosh assholes pissed me off ........better was great,irs rocked ...loveddddddddd twat it was better live....cd sounded sweet....bach was on my michelle memoried forever whatta fuckin night gnr fnr lives fuckers rock on ? ? ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ps my ears fuckin hurt hope i don't go death... bullrt for my valen sucked ass
uncleslashbob
Headliner

Smith can you bring me some tea?

« Reply #849 on: May 13, 2006, 03:44:08 AM »

axl looked in amazing shape!!!! ok
EccoTides
« Reply #850 on: May 13, 2006, 03:44:29 AM »

I kinda figured that Robin would really come into his own this time - Glad to see that he's been getting a seriously positive response in the reviews thus far. He's awesome!

Thanks for the review!!  beer
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #851 on: May 13, 2006, 03:49:10 AM »

Well its been mighty fun reading 40 pages to get the lowdown on what went on! Sounds awesome just what we we were all waiting for! Fair play to all of you who got to see the show, shame I am in the UK! At least I have got download to look forward to! Nice to read a couple of cool reviews from Dark and GennaSide! Thanks. Just looking forward to some good quality pics appearing now! Mike

shaun
« Reply #852 on: May 13, 2006, 03:49:20 AM »

Richard
Robin
Rose
Ron
Reed

shit, with all this talk about Bumble Foot, i had forgoten about Reed and the gay keyboardist  hihi
nowayout
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #853 on: May 13, 2006, 03:53:44 AM »

BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #854 on: May 13, 2006, 03:54:05 AM »

Was Bumblefoot's sound messed up or was he just off? He seems like a pretty competent shredder based on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55PdvkxbGjE&search=bumblefoot
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #855 on: May 13, 2006, 03:54:16 AM »

Richard
Robin
Rose
Ron
Reed

Lol I'm beginning to see a trend!!  ok
TheRealThing
Opening Act

Round Two!!

« Reply #856 on: May 13, 2006, 03:54:43 AM »

I love Slash as much as everyone, but GN'R is moving on and you have to accept it.

I think Bumblefoot definately has the talent to be there. Maybe just a little bit nervous the first gig or something.

And I just can't see Slash playing like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55PdvkxbGjE

And being 39 (I don't know how old he is, but probably mid-late thirties) may seem like old for a teen but one day you just notice that you're 39 and it doesn't feel that old anymore. Grin

Besides, Axl is 44 and Slash is soon 41 and Bucket...who knows Roll Eyes, probably around same as Bumblefoot.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 04:05:59 AM by TheRealThing » Logged
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #857 on: May 13, 2006, 03:56:16 AM »

Show fn ruled.  Seen some fights, bloody noses and whatnot in the crowd.  At one point Axl made fun of the crowd for singing all of the words to the new songs(Leaks).  Called us "downloading Motherfuckers".  Like the man already said, Axl looked great.  He looked much younger than some of the recent pics we've seen.  I'd say Richard Fortus stole the show.  Finck rocked also.  I dont know, i guess im just a rambli n drunk at this point.  Goodnight honkys.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #858 on: May 13, 2006, 03:57:25 AM »

And on the plus side Bumblefoot won't freak people out as much as Buckethead in the press photos.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #859 on: May 13, 2006, 03:58:10 AM »

Yea - we now know why Adler, Slash, and Duff didnt last.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: