Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 09:26:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section  (Read 158254 times)
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #800 on: May 13, 2006, 03:13:31 AM »

the old knocking on heavens door!?!? or do you meen the 2002 but little faster?
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #801 on: May 13, 2006, 03:14:13 AM »

Yeah I went to a VR show last year and there were loads of cameras but it never leaked! So the cameras don't mean a thing, however you would think with this being 'the return of gnr' a bootleg of this would slip out, demand is high for this show!

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #802 on: May 13, 2006, 03:15:19 AM »

Rons only there to *coff*replicate*coff* bucket ....

Axl , just call the man behind the mask .... we both know he made democracy ... *sigh*

just dont change it

Steel_Angel
« Reply #803 on: May 13, 2006, 03:15:48 AM »

Yeah i really think bumblefoot shouldnt have used that weird guitar of his.. seriously. but anyway.. thanks for the review.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #804 on: May 13, 2006, 03:16:05 AM »

the end of TWAT wasn't too tight...nothing like the solo u hear on the demo....that melody that BH plays jus twasn't there....

and it seemed like there were times Bumblefuck was playing, but u couldn't hear him.....he didn't seem smooth, AT ALL....

But TWAT had a new intro....The Blues didn't have the hard guitars come in at the intro....it stayed quiet while axl sang the first verse

knocking was the 02 version, someone posted before it was like the 90s...NO WAY....

ask away...ill be up for awhile...im pumped....AXL WAS AWESOME...so no worries there....ROBIN WAS AWESOME....he looked cool, but the stage diving really got me...that was totally cool and called for, a perfect move by Robin..

tommy and fortus were un-noticeable...

brain was solid, he played some cool shit during nightrain to let axl know the end was ready...

ask anything....like i said, ill be here
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #805 on: May 13, 2006, 03:16:53 AM »

I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before some good vids and audios pop up.   Well people.  It's been one hell of a night.  I think I'm going to bed.  Peace out fellow gunners  peace
Steel_Angel
« Reply #806 on: May 13, 2006, 03:17:12 AM »

how was twat different? and did better really sound as "good" or maybe even better as the demo?Huh
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #807 on: May 13, 2006, 03:18:07 AM »

the old knocking on heavens door!?!? or do you meen the 2002 but little faster?

I think he means the old GN'R version on UYI2. Not the slow Bob Dylan version.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« Reply #808 on: May 13, 2006, 03:18:52 AM »

i just got home as well, what a great show, axl sounded great!! he was pumped and being his usual self, running around the stage, the setlist i think was awesome, i think this was the order(i just missed getting the setlist, gnrs photographer gave it to the guy next to me):
jungle
easy
mr bstone
better (kicked ass!!)
lald
robin solo/sweet child
kohd
madagascar
ycbm
the blues
out ta get me
nov rain
my michelle (w/ sebastian bach!!)
chinese democracy
twat
patience
irs
nightrain
robin solo/paradise city
again, not totally sure on the order, but the show was unbelievable...i was front row on the right, kept getting shoved against the gate which kinda hurt, but after a while i just started pushing back and didnt give a shit. sebastian bach was awesome on my michelle, right before irs axl mentioned how the fans knew the words to the songs, he said: "i see people singing along to the new songs(better,twat)...bunch of downloadin' motherfuckers!!" lol,robin stage dove twice and ended up right on top of me, i took a shot to the nose during the whole thing, but eh, whatever, its a GNR show, i shook it off...the new guy bumblefoot in my opinion is a very good player, i thought he was good live, his guitar solos were more "classic rock" sounding, not like buckethead. he did look a little out of place, but it was his first show, he'll get the hang of it...well, thats it for now, ill probly write some more tomorrow, nite gunners!!

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #809 on: May 13, 2006, 03:19:38 AM »

Damn thanks for the info, i'd been wondering how that TWAT solo would sound live and played by a new guy. Sad to hear this bumblefoot dude couldn't pull off what is one of the best solo's i've heard in a long time  no

How about the Maddy solo, that was played by Buckethead originally, is that the same?

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
mydixiewrecked73
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #810 on: May 13, 2006, 03:20:00 AM »

a friend of mine that went to the show told me that Axl used a leather jacket, with no tshirt and jeans

it looked more like a button down shirt.. half unbuttoned

Wow, wow, and wow. I am speechless. I was one of the old school folks who wanted Slash and the old guns back together. Richard, Robin and Bumblefoot made me a believer. As soon as Jungle kicked in, it was non stop. Axl sounded terrific. In fact I don't think he sounded better EVER. Not sure who the second kbrd player was. I couldn't hear Axl announce his name. Robin looks normal now and has shed his NIN look- thank God. He looked like such a tool before. Now he is straight up rock n rol and he can play the shit out of his guitar. It was great when he jumped into the crowd and surfed on both sides of the stage. Richard was a non entity. He could have not played and I wouldn't have noticed. Bumblefoot had a lame guitar solo but he could play Slash's solos perfectly.

I am not sure how I feel about the drummer but Axl made a comment when introducing him saying something like, "Where was Brian when we hired Matt".

At one point, Tommy said he was having a fucking great time and Axl hugged him and said, "You don't even know".

The only Chinese Democracy songs played were the leaked tracks. They sounded the same as the leaks including thew sampling. Axl can still move but has lost a step or two. Can't blame him as he is now "middle aged". He looked good though.

My favorite part was when Sebastian Bach came out and sang My Michele with Axl. I never knew how tall Bach was and Skid Row better call him up because he still has it. He actually out fronted axl during that song.

this was an old school rock show with pyro, chicks. Oh the chicks. There were so many whores there and they were hot as hell. IT was distracting but in a good way.

No izzy this night.

BEfore Guns went on, they played a great mix of old school rock (Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, ACDC) and 90's alternative (Nirvana, Rage, Blur). The entire club was singing along and I think a lot of people lost their voices before Axl even hit the stage.

What can I say, this was an amazing show and well worth the money, time and anticipation. I almost fell bad that I wasn't a believer in the new band. Both my buddy and I agreed Slash and WEiland can hve each other. Axl doesn't need his old band anymore. It's sad but true.
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #811 on: May 13, 2006, 03:20:08 AM »

Richard, Robin and Ron

Anyone have any first hand comments on how their performance was? A lot of talk seems to be about Axl, which is understandable but I was just intrigued about the new trio.  ok
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #812 on: May 13, 2006, 03:20:12 AM »

who took most of the solo's?  Did Robin still do the Sweet Child Solo? 

Did it sound better?
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #813 on: May 13, 2006, 03:20:15 AM »

Better sounded awesome...robin played the intro on guitar (i thought the first notes were keyboard)...Better slammed, when the first verse came in (the hardest part this troubled heart) some fire went off....the new songs were kinda featued by the pyro..

PC had the confetti at th end again...

twat's intro.....there was like some keyboard "pad" playing, some sounds, then boom...the verse started.

BUT ALL IN ALL, the new songs to me, sounded better....i didn't really wanna hear YCBM and ISE....i wanted more new shit...but i still stand by Axl putting the leaks out, b/c its just a coincidence that he played the leaked songs?? i asked the dude who runs the new guns.com and he said he thought BH leaked the songs.....who knows....
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #814 on: May 13, 2006, 03:20:49 AM »

AMAZING PERFORMANCE!. review to come

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #815 on: May 13, 2006, 03:20:51 AM »

a friend of mine that went to the show told me that Axl used a leather jacket, with no tshirt and jeans

it looked more like a button down shirt.. half unbuttoned
And as I said earlier... and was then yelled at for saying... ?HE LOOKED SO HOT. Seriously, SO, SO, SO hot. ?drool

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #816 on: May 13, 2006, 03:21:10 AM »

what kind of merch did they sell?

what is better PC from 02 or 06?

Nitghtrain 2k2 or 2k6??

WHat was the intro they used?

GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #817 on: May 13, 2006, 03:21:24 AM »

Rons only there to *coff*replicate*coff* bucket ....

Axl , just call the man behind the mask .... we both know he made democracy ... *sigh*

just dont change it

It's not that simple though man, I would love it if BH came back but he walked out on the band, Axl aint gonna call him! BH would have to call Axl.
Do you think Bucket would go back anyway??I'm sure he had his reasons for leaving.

Steel_Angel
« Reply #818 on: May 13, 2006, 03:21:49 AM »

Better sounded awesome...robin played the intro on guitar (i thought the first notes were keyboard)...Better slammed, when the first verse came in (the hardest part this troubled heart) some fire went off....the new songs were kinda featued by the pyro..

fuckin brilliant  peace
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #819 on: May 13, 2006, 03:22:04 AM »

robin did the SCOM solo..it sounded JUST LIKE 2002....

MADDY---uugghhh...the bridge had no real solo...fortus tried something, but it wasn't melodic or catchy....i really miss what BH did on Maddy...

as a matter of fact, never thought id say this, i miss BH...alot...

but no worries, they sounded awesome for a first show in 4 yrs!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: