Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:32:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section  (Read 158202 times)
Lowrlder54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #720 on: May 13, 2006, 02:38:16 AM »

Just came back from the show... Fucking sick, played for 2 hours,  every song we could want, sebestian bach duo just a great time all and all.
axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #721 on: May 13, 2006, 02:38:53 AM »

what do you mean robin wrote better?! did he write the solos in it?
robin's the man either way! Grin
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #722 on: May 13, 2006, 02:39:46 AM »

Thanx for posting so quick, guys!  Smiley
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #723 on: May 13, 2006, 02:40:29 AM »

Thanks for taking the time to write your reviews. Its appreciated!!!

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
badapple81
« Reply #724 on: May 13, 2006, 02:40:57 AM »

Thank you so much you guys!!!
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #725 on: May 13, 2006, 02:41:09 AM »

bumble foot seemed to have a very similar style to bucket.. and doesn't look like a freak show... i wouldn't be suprised if the solos in the new songs that we thought were bucket are actually bumble foot.. .his solo at the show was pretty impressive... i think he might have won over some fans with it.. also i didn't hear a single slash shout out during his solo..  during the last tour there were a lot of slach chants during buckets solos.. you just couldn't help yelling for slash when this freak was playing with numchucks..
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #726 on: May 13, 2006, 02:41:10 AM »

Just came back from the show... Fucking sick, played for 2 hours,  every song we could want, sebestian bach duo just a great time all and all.

did you guys see any new merch or anyone with a cameras or recorders???????????????

please someone anser..
Steel_Angel
« Reply #727 on: May 13, 2006, 02:41:14 AM »

thanks for the review man. much appreciated  ok
EFISH
« Reply #728 on: May 13, 2006, 02:41:29 AM »

These reviews are awesome! thanks ya'll sooo much! hope u guys had a blast... wat the fuck am i talking about of course u did!! ok
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #729 on: May 13, 2006, 02:41:50 AM »

alright you fellow gnr fuckin fans what is new ? what songs did tey plny and how the fucke did theye sound ?

guns n'  beer beer ok peace peace fuvkin roses !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone's been playing with the Nightrain

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #730 on: May 13, 2006, 02:42:19 AM »

Thanks so much everyone!!!!

I envy each and every one of u goin to these shows.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #731 on: May 13, 2006, 02:42:23 AM »

With robin writing what seems to be everyone's fav leak, maybe the robin hating can finally stop. I always liked him and didn't get what everyone had against him./

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #732 on: May 13, 2006, 02:42:26 AM »

is it coming on tonight sometime soon?  Anyone know anything about it
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #733 on: May 13, 2006, 02:42:37 AM »

Thanks for the updates and reviews, it's 7:41 am and I havent been to bed yet!

I wann know how Bumblefoot did on TWAT! That end solo!!!?

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
EFISH
« Reply #734 on: May 13, 2006, 02:42:47 AM »

yeah dude, she said there was proffesional camera's....

DVD?!?!??!?!??!?!!!!!!! Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #735 on: May 13, 2006, 02:43:07 AM »

As far as merch goes, there were a few new GNR Hammerstein shirts.
Oh! Axl got in a dig about Matt? when he introduced Brain he said something like ?where the hell was this guy when we hired Matt?

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #736 on: May 13, 2006, 02:43:12 AM »

Did robin write the music?

Or the entire song?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
rocky
Rocker

These are the times of my bullshit life!

« Reply #737 on: May 13, 2006, 02:43:53 AM »

FROM DARK!

Ok, here's my attempt at a review. Keeping in mind that I've been up for almost 24 hours now and I'm uber-wrecked, but what the hell, I'll try.

A. Acoustics. I give this a B+. Mainly because it seemed there were some feedback issues with the mics early on. As the show continued, it got better though.

B. Axl's stage presence (not his voice, I'll get to that in a moment) A+++ - I am not kidding. The guy had so much energy its fucking ridiculous. In addition, he moved around a hell of alot more than he did in 2002 - and sounded loads better doing it, too.

C. The rest of the band's stage presence A+++ Also. These guys can play and they make it look good, too. Hell, even Chris Pitman actually looked like a ball full of energy up there swinging his yellow polaroid keyboard to the beat of the music (yes, I'm serious)

D. Axl's voice. A+++++ - There is no other way to put it. This is not the Axl of 2002. This is the Axl of .. hell... not even the 90's. His voice is stronger, he's got the rasp when he wants it.. he hits the highs without the 'helium' affect. This was especially apparent when he sang "The Blues" - and also, IRS. How the hell he manages those notes for those lengths of time, I have no clue.

E. The Rants / stagespeak.. ummm.... Incomplete? I guess I'm just used to Axl babbling alot more up there. He didn't really have much to say tonight. Called us a bunch of downloading motherfuckers, which I thought was funny. Said NYC is trying to "kill him" (as in because the city lets hm stay out and party all the time), Hand a mini-mini rant (like 4 sentences or so) about people who think they are informed about what goes on in GNR, but it never really went anywhere.

F. The setlist. A-, but for greedy reasons. Obviously I would have loved to hear another track that we haven't yet heard but it was great to hear him do songs like Out Ta Get me, Nighttrain (an AMAZING performance), and Its so Easy done with so much more... I can't describe it.. umm.. perfection than in 2002. Also, Axl seemed really happy which was cool. I rather wish Rocket Queen wasn't left off the setlist but trust me, when you hear that middle 'screaming' part in Better, it will make up for it.. Holy hell it will.

G. Overall experience A+++ All the way. I've now seen Guns live 5 times. This was my first experience with the post UYI lineup. I dont know if it was the closeness (the damn guy was like 5 feet away from me on the stage), the arena size in general,. the energy level, or what - but this was by FAR better than any of the 2002 performances I've seen. I would gladly pay bookoo bucks for a soundboard recording of this show - and I'd immediately play it to anyone who says "Guns is nothing without (insert x name here)" - Because, wow, would this show prove that statement wrong. Bumblefoot did fine.. he goofed the NR solo a bit.. but not horribly so.

A couple other quick review type notes.

A. Can someone please run Bullet for my Valentine's tourbus off the road and put them out of their misery? I don't mean to hurt them but to stop them from being able to get to the Hammerstein. I guesss they were 'ok' but the crowd was pretty much telling them to 'fuck off' the whole time. Probably not the best situation to be in for a band. In addition, I just didn't dig their performance.

B. Watching drunk people is funny. Watching drunk people fly into crowd members.. not so much so. If you're gonna drink, cool - but damn, please don't get so sloshed that you pretty much have no recollection of the show, anyway.

-darknemus

Skol Vikings
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #738 on: May 13, 2006, 02:44:16 AM »

With robin writing what seems to be everyone's fav leak, maybe the robin hating can finally stop. I always liked him and didn't get what everyone had against him./

nobody knew what kind of song writer he is... or what... he just looked like a fag playing slashes songs.. of course we were gonna be skeptical and hate him... for fucks sake he replaced slash.... if he wrote better then bring it on... CD now..
EFISH
« Reply #739 on: May 13, 2006, 02:44:35 AM »

Here's a question to all that were there...

What song was the BEST? Huh
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: