Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:34:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section  (Read 158096 times)
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #700 on: May 13, 2006, 02:28:53 AM »

But Axl obviously needed a player that could do Slash's shit. *coffron*coff*

Corrected.
badapple81
« Reply #701 on: May 13, 2006, 02:28:58 AM »

There is a sticky thread above dude!

And not sticky cos fans got over excited either!
axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #702 on: May 13, 2006, 02:29:11 AM »

I'm back.... that was the most amazing show EVER. I cried like a baby, it was beautiful. ?Axl sounded amazing... ?and it's quite possible that he looked even hotter than he did way back when. I mean, I was close enough to see the beads of sweat on his face, and I'm tellin' ya, that is a BEAUTIFUL man. I'm typing up more, but that's my initial comment... Holy fuck.

Hey. ?It's mostly dudes here. ?We don't really care how hot Axl looked. ?How about a review about the music.
fuck off people, I'm typing up a real review. Jesus, I try to do you a favor and this is what I get

just like a chick...goes to the first gnr show in years, with a new guitarist....and all she talks about is how "hot" axl is...

what about the music?

how was bumblefoot?

how did the new songs sound?
fuck off people, I'm typing up a real review. Jesus, I try to do you a favor and this is what I get

and we appreciate it, try to get in some stuff on the new guitar player ok, that's pretty important, also how they did the solos in nightrain and paradise city and did axl still have his beard peace
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #703 on: May 13, 2006, 02:30:12 AM »

Jenna dont let one asshole stop u from posting.

I actually do care what Axl looked like, so im glad u posted that.

So please continue.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
EFISH
« Reply #704 on: May 13, 2006, 02:30:52 AM »

was there any proffesional camera's there for a possible DVD?
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #705 on: May 13, 2006, 02:30:59 AM »

Jenna dont let one asshole stop u from posting.

I actually do care what Axl looked like, so im glad u posted that.

So please continue.

me too.. and im a dude... danny doesnt speak for me...
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #706 on: May 13, 2006, 02:31:06 AM »

TWAT did you sayi i cant hear you ?@

hahaha

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #707 on: May 13, 2006, 02:31:41 AM »

Whats this have to do with Jimmy Fallon...

It doesn't really have anything to do with him. It's just that Jimmy Fallon said 'Buckethead did his job' after the VMA's 2002 (If you remember BH did an amazing solo at the end of Paradise City). I think what Saul is saying is that a guy like Bumblefoot is needed to replicate BH's unique style (At least that's how I took this post).

I'm not too familiar with Bumblefoot, I just hope he can pull off that amazing Bucket solo at the end of TWAT!!!!

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #708 on: May 13, 2006, 02:32:08 AM »

I hope that you're drunk.

rofl

go to bed man and ask questions in the morning. peace
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #709 on: May 13, 2006, 02:32:21 AM »

Twat did you say? I cunt hear you.

I think that's the joke you're looking for. beer

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #710 on: May 13, 2006, 02:33:07 AM »

There is a sticky thread above dude!

And not sticky cos fans got over excited either!

LOL thats funny man. ?rofl

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
badapple81
« Reply #711 on: May 13, 2006, 02:33:31 AM »

KOHD was 2002 style.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #712 on: May 13, 2006, 02:33:54 AM »

does anyone think the other new york shows will have the same setlist and be basically the same or will there be other surprises and more leaks in store for us?  yes yes

If there are any surprises, I think they're gonna be in the last show...

good point.. i didnt think of that.... glad to know they are back FINALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIR and all here we go!!!
xxMarcelaxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #713 on: May 13, 2006, 02:33:59 AM »

I care about ANYTHING GN'R related..... so please just post about everything you remember! ?ok beer peace
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #714 on: May 13, 2006, 02:34:47 AM »

on the antimusic live update thing they said something about the fans shouting metallica..what was that all about?

I believe the crowd was singing along with the intro tape...?
chinese69illusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #715 on: May 13, 2006, 02:34:57 AM »

I does anyone have anypics of the shirts ect that was sold at the gig?

?You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.?
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #716 on: May 13, 2006, 02:35:22 AM »

KOHD was 2002 style.

good.. thats the best version... the 90's versions with the extended solos, chorus and sing alongs were boring as shit..
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #717 on: May 13, 2006, 02:35:31 AM »

just got back from the show too.. .great show.. the sound wasn't that good for the first few tunes.. the set list was pretty much the same as the 02 tour.. opened with jungle and closed with night train.. pc encor... they added better, twat. and irs and scratched.. crazy, think about you, and rocket queen.. kinda suprised about rocket queen...  i'm just going to list things as i think of then.. to try to give everyone and idea of the show..
better sounded exactly like the leak.. they kept the weird robot noise in the middle.. the song rocked live though.. and is my fav of the leaks
stinson was awsome.. by far the best performer on the stage.. .other than axl
twat and maddy were a bit heavier than the versions we have
they didn't play oh my god either.. forgot that one too
knockin of heavens door was more like the illusion version than the 02 version..  also axl killed this one.. his voice was awsome
bumble foot was actually pretty good.. i liked his solo.. he is def talented.. more of a shredder than the blusey guitar i would have prefered.. but over all good..  the only think i didn't like was this stupid guitar that he used for a few songs that was shaped like a foot and painted like a bumble bee... pretty awful
they skipped the very begining of november rain.. also i thought fink and fortis were getting into a fight during this song.. but fink was actually dragging fortis from the back of the stage.. because seconds after a shower of pyro techs came down.. fink was just looking out him...
fink lost the goth look.. long hair and beard.. much better than the last tour.. he also tried to crowd surf but the security pulled him down.. fink also wrote better
baz joined axl for my michele.. prob the highlight of the show for me.. that was awsome
axl looked normal.. no jersey.. just jeans and a pleather looking button down..
there was zero mention of a new album and he didn't really introduce any of the new songs... exept befor irs he said something about.. "your all a bunch of downloading mother fuckers.. i see you singing along"  he said it jest.. he wasn't really pissed..
thats all i can think of right now... also no rhiad or silk worms.. obviously
over all the show was very good.. i think his voice was better at this show than any from the last tour.. ...  i was a little disappointed that they didn't play and songs that ive never heard before... and that they stuck to pretty much the same setlist and order... i'm looking forward to see if they do anything diff at the next shows
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #718 on: May 13, 2006, 02:35:47 AM »

Okay? well, I started out at Mustang Harry?s, met some cool people, headed over around 7 - the line was around the block? it was about 3 blocks long and I didn?t actually get into the building until like 8:30. My friend and I then rushed up front as close to the stage as possible, we ended up really close. Bullet opened. They got booed. They played about 45 mins, then GNR went on at 11. There were professional cameras, hopefully we'll get to see this baby. They opened with Jungle, then It?s So Easy and Mr. Brownstone, although during these I have no idea what was going on, my friend and I were fighting for our lives. I literally thought I was going to break some ribs, there was some serious violence up front. Then they went into Better and things started calming down a little? I think a lot of people were like ?what the hell song is this?? You could really tell the true fans because we knew every word to every song, while some people just stood there during the leak songs?. ?Anyway, Axl chatted about how much he loves New York City. He also commented on how some people think they know what?s going on in the band, but they don?t. He said Better was a Robin song, to clarify it to all those shit-talkers who think they know all the inside info, but don?t. On they played? he introduced the band. Bumblefoot did a semi-lengthy solo, he has a foot-shaped guitar. He was good, I mean I know he has giant shoes to fill, but I?ll give respect where it?s due. Dizzy was shirtless and for a while I thought he was naked because his pants were pretty low and you couldn?t see ?em behind the keyboard. Lol? Anyway? Axl joked before he went into IRS, something about ?I see you guys singing along, little motherfuckers, you must?ve downloaded ?em? or something? ?haha? ?Baz came out and sang My Michelle, it was fuckin? awesome. Axl played piano on November Rain? this is where I started crying. It was just surreal, I don?t know? I lost it. Anyway, all the guitarists got in their fair share of solos, and they all sounded great. The solos on PC and NT didn't sound bad from where I was sitting. I mean, ?no, it?s not the original line-up, but they didn?t do all that many ?original? songs, so you really got to hear what the new guys have added to the band on IRS, CD, Maddy, TWAT, Better, etc. And the new guys have great energy, robin stage dived twice
(k... still typing, this is installment one)

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #719 on: May 13, 2006, 02:35:59 AM »

just got back from the show too.. .great show.. the sound wasn't that good for the first few tunes.. the set list was pretty much the same as the 02 tour.. opened with jungle and closed with night train.. pc encor... they added better, twat. and irs and scratched.. crazy, think about you, and rocket queen.. kinda suprised about rocket queen...  i'm just going to list things as i think of then.. to try to give everyone and idea of the show..
better sounded exactly like the leak.. they kept the weird robot noise in the middle.. the song rocked live though.. and is my fav of the leaks
stinson was awsome.. by far the best performer on the stage.. .other than axl
twat and maddy were a bit heavier than the versions we have
they didn't play oh my god either.. forgot that one too
knockin of heavens door was more like the illusion version than the 02 version..  also axl killed this one.. his voice was awsome
bumble foot was actually pretty good.. i liked his solo.. he is def talented.. more of a shredder than the blusey guitar i would have prefered.. but over all good..  the only think i didn't like was this stupid guitar that he used for a few songs that was shaped like a foot and painted like a bumble bee... pretty awful
they skipped the very begining of november rain.. also i thought fink and fortis were getting into a fight during this song.. but fink was actually dragging fortis from the back of the stage.. because seconds after a shower of pyro techs came down.. fink was just looking out him...
fink lost the goth look.. long hair and beard.. much better than the last tour.. he also tried to crowd surf but the security pulled him down.. fink also wrote better
baz joined axl for my michele.. prob the highlight of the show for me.. that was awsome
axl looked normal.. no jersey.. just jeans and a pleather looking button down..
there was zero mention of a new album and he didn't really introduce any of the new songs... exept befor irs he said something about.. "your all a bunch of downloading mother fuckers.. i see you singing along"  he said it jest.. he wasn't really pissed..
thats all i can think of right now... also no rhiad or silk worms.. obviously
over all the show was very good.. i think his voice was better at this show than any from the last tour.. ...  i was a little disappointed that they didn't play and songs that ive never heard before... and that they stuck to pretty much the same setlist and order...
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: