Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:56:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section  (Read 142339 times)
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #980 on: May 13, 2006, 09:11:13 AM »

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sorry, I just burst into laughter when I what Axl is wearing.
He looks like... I dunno what he looks like, but it's cracking me up.
A mix of Bruce Dickinson and Kurt Cobain, maybe?  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

It's just very very weird, but looks cool, way better than the rapper style.

WeHeldTogether
« Reply #981 on: May 13, 2006, 09:27:39 AM »

I haven't really read any reviews...how did Axl sound?  Better or worse than the '02 tour?
Jonathan
« Reply #982 on: May 13, 2006, 09:28:21 AM »

I haven't really read any reviews...how did Axl sound?? Better or worse than the '02 tour?

BETTER.

Just listen to the bootleg, amazing.

His voice is like it were before.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #983 on: May 13, 2006, 09:31:07 AM »

I can't really hear it on the bootlegs.  Only bits and pieces; some guy keeps singing over the mic loudly and badly in most of the songs.  Tongue
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #984 on: May 13, 2006, 09:31:51 AM »

I can't really hear it on the bootlegs.? Only bits and pieces; some guy keeps singing over the mic loudly and badly in most of the songs.? Tongue

Exactly! He wouldn't stop singing!  hihi
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #985 on: May 13, 2006, 09:38:58 AM »

A mix of Bruce Dickinson and Kurt Cobain, maybe?  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

How on god's green earth do you figure that?

Good reviews guys, very good pictures... Keep 'em coming, huh.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
marino95
Rocker

« Reply #986 on: May 13, 2006, 09:46:04 AM »

What an amazing, amazing show that was.

We went to Mustang Harry's for a few hours mid-day - what an interesting group that was. Definitely a good place to go to get in the mood, although you really couldn't hear the GNR playing - it was down too low.

Decided to head over to the line about 7:30 when doors opened (had floor tickets). Much to our surprise, at 7:30 the doors had yet to open and the line was about 3 1/2 blocks long. Seemed like everyone who had a ticket was in line at 7:30. Doors finally opened and we found a spot about 10-12 people back from the stage on the right by 8:45.

Bullet is terrible terrible terrible. Ugh. After an hour of "the greatest hits of rock history" blasting over the PA, GNR took the stage....

Rather than doing a play-by-play (others have done that) - I thought I'd include my observations from the show.

1) I was BLOWN AWAY by how good Axl looked and sounded. He looked very cool - and actually made it through the whole show with NO costume changes. Just straight rock. His voice was in top shape to say the least. For those of you going later this week or seeing him in Europe - you're not going to believe it. He's also greatly improved his stage presence and energy over the 2002 tours. Can't say enough.

2) It seemed like after the rabid reaction during WTTJ and ISE, the crowd stood stunned in disbelief that a) it was actually Axl and  he looked and sounded so amazing. I thought maybe some of the people around us were losing interest in the show because they were just standing there, but in between songs I overheard about 5 people say "This is f'ing unreal".

3) The duet with Bach was off the charts amazing. God, music today is so void of powerful great front men and seeing two of them duet together was something to behold.

4) The new guitarist was so-so. His solo was pretty pointless in my opinion.

5) TWAT, IRS and Better all translated well - in fact, I'd say TWAT was the highlight of the new songs.

6) People are talking about it being rough - I didn't feel that way at all. We were off to the side a little bit, but other than a little pushing here and there I thought it was pretty tame. VR at the 9:30 club in DC a few years ago was FAAAAARRRR more insane.

7) Why do people get so freaking drunk at these things? Maybe I'm just an old fart (33 yrs old) but there were several people around us puking and spending most of the show with their eyes closed. Genius.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the shows. I'll be happy to post more if people have more questions about the show. The story of the night though was the amazing return to form of Axl Rose. WOW.

6/19/91  Landover, MD
6/22/91  Hampton, VA
9/7/92  Columbia, SC
4/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
5/28/04 VR - Wash DC (9:30 Club)
5/12/06 New York (1st show)
11/13/06 Baltimore, MD
2/23/12 Silver Spr
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #987 on: May 13, 2006, 09:47:42 AM »

What a great fucking show!! So much better than the 02 show in MSG!!! Axl, and the band sounded like a well oil machine! The new sonds, Better, TWAT, The Blues, and IRSsounded great!! Better had the place Rockin!!My ears are still riging, and adrenaline is still flowing! Axl looks great, looks like hes in shape, and ready for the long haul!!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 09:51:04 AM by XxWickedz28xX » Logged
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #988 on: May 13, 2006, 09:47:59 AM »

A mix of Bruce Dickinson and Kurt Cobain, maybe?? rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

How on god's green earth do you figure that?

Good reviews guys, very good pictures... Keep 'em coming, huh.

Don't ask! Because... I don't know either!

Maybe it was the jeans with the black leather jacket. ?hihi
godiva
« Reply #989 on: May 13, 2006, 09:49:04 AM »

thank all of you for these reviews. They're great!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #990 on: May 13, 2006, 09:55:23 AM »

Let me start off by saying the meet up was amazing, mr I did a great job getting this shin dig together.. I loved meeting everyone..

hanna hat and young gunner were great, draguns, estranged 495893 (one of those type names really vcool) Porter house killing vector, birk, jenna side & dtj both gorgeous Kiss Jazjme etc etc etc , all great people we all had ?a blast...

I was at mustangs from 12 noon until 8-9pm, I drank more hennys then life... Amazingly enough I lasted the whole night..

I made my way over around 9ish got online, couldn't beleive how many people there were, and how many rock sluts..

Got inside then saw sebation bach and his super hot wife.. Walked right by me so I said hey and gave him a smack on the back.. Somebody screamed out hey I remember you hihi

After that I grabbed a plastic cup of heiny then skipped the merchandise it was really pricey (maybe next time)

Bullets played and sucked, it was like a ton of noise.. Guitar player was good, but one the drums kicked in you couldn't understand anything, felt like the drums were opeircing your heart...

They left and the fun began

GIRL IN THE WHITE MINI WITH NO PANTIES IN THE MEZZ(vip balcony) drool She was watched for half hour or better (any pics people) I was fixated on her doing her dancing with no panties smoking love

We listened to nirvana metallica greenday kiss twisted sister, everyone was singing along, great time...

Then the lights dimmed wttj riff and axl was out.. he was wearing a leather jacket, jeans and his braides were tide back...

I instant;ly saw the new guitar player and was like who's the homeless dude... I had never seen a pic of mr bumble foot...

Axl was a man possesed, the band was tight, BBft was awesome... We heard better (awesome) irs and twat... I wish we had heard one song we never did, axl wasn't that vocal info wise.... he was awesome though best in years..

had a great time, walked over to snitch but it was the early am and I was drunk and tired so I walked tot he train and went home

Awesome time...

I was hanging out with Cane the VJ who use to do the rock show on vh1.. Cool guy we shared some views about the band,,..

I did some interview bombed for talking metal.com.. I was just really giving my honest opinions.. DArknemus was really cool to taking so many pics///

Everyone was awesome, great night in general, barbie was cool....

Sorry I forgot names, but the pics posted rock beer

see you monday, new gnr ruled beer

Anthony yg still not converted hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #991 on: May 13, 2006, 09:58:58 AM »

I really want to know if he introduced him as Bumblefoot, or Ron Thal.
he introduced him as mr bumble foot
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #992 on: May 13, 2006, 10:04:43 AM »

I instant;ly saw the new guitar player and was like who's the homeless dude...

rofl

Restraint is for suckers.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #993 on: May 13, 2006, 10:08:40 AM »

No Sweet Child O' Mine? That's Sad. Isn't that like the signature Guns n Roses song? They should play that at every concert!

they played that song... ok
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #994 on: May 13, 2006, 10:10:37 AM »

"I see you people singing the new songs.   You downloaded them fuckers!" Axl

LMFAO!!!  rofl rofl rofl
That was brilliant!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #995 on: May 13, 2006, 10:11:13 AM »

The people who are writing reviews, if you could copy them to the On Tour section, that would be great.

The people who only want reviews won't have to look throught 50 pages then.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DethRose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #996 on: May 13, 2006, 10:12:14 AM »

are there any bootlegs of the show last night yet?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #997 on: May 13, 2006, 10:12:27 AM »

The biggest disappointment was the new guitarist. ?Bumblefoot seems like a cool guy and a proficient guitar player, but I was majorly unimpressed with his overall presence. ?He just didnt fit.

booker that's how I felt, he looked like the third player for zz top, he looked like he had his pjs on.. he looked like happy gilmoure's caddy.. The guy can play, his solo outside of the songs wasn't that good.. he did play the material well, but he looked odd onstage..
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #998 on: May 13, 2006, 10:17:53 AM »

I think Axl looked great in those pics! Wonder how he would look like with a bandana Smiley
So jealous of you guys!  Kiss

shit happens when you party naked
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #999 on: May 13, 2006, 10:19:23 AM »

What is is the with gunners and their over-fixation on looks?

Let's give Ron a chance to get used to the new situation. It was his first time on stage with a band consisting of people who have been working with each other for quite some time now. Ron is one of the greatest virtuosos out there at the moment...

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 10:41:10 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: