Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 06:08:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section  (Read 142620 times)
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #960 on: May 13, 2006, 07:33:54 AM »

who did the end solo on November rain and how was it?  i was listening to AFD and getting wasted last night here in UK and cannot wait for download!  esp NIghtrain
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #961 on: May 13, 2006, 07:36:42 AM »

don't have time to go through all the pages, so dunno if it's been posted..

Looks great!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #962 on: May 13, 2006, 08:12:33 AM »

Last night was some night. I was pushed up against the baracade right in front, like 4 feet away from the stage. I got to play bumblefoot's guitar at the end of paradise city, when he shoved his guitar into the crowd. That was awesome.

As for the band and the show, dissapointed by the setlist a bit, especially cuz there was no Rocket Queen. And I also thought the band was a bit tightly wound. You could tell how hard they rehersed and they didn't seem to just wanna break free and go nuts until the end of the show. Those are my only complaints though. Otherwise, great show, Axl sounded and looked phenominal. See everyone again on May 14th for the second show

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #963 on: May 13, 2006, 08:13:19 AM »

Looks great!

These looks so cool! rock on peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
GunsGuns
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #964 on: May 13, 2006, 08:13:37 AM »

OK, I sat in the Mezzanine section and I think the sound sucked up there, but is it me or did Axl have trouble with his voice? Were the Vocals on low??

And WTF happened during Patience? I think Axl may have misplaced the lyrics

And I hate to say this, but is Axl pulling a Ashlee Simpson with the lyp syncing? I could have sworn there were times it just didnt seem Axls voice matched up to his mouth, ?and who does the whistling on Patience? someone whistled on Patience and it wasnt Axl because he kind of looked around like WTF was going on, in fact the whole band was looking around I thought they were gonna stop the song and run off stage like Ashlee SImpson on SNL a few years back..

Is this shit me? True I have slept like 6 hours in the last 62 hours, but still I notice these things
GunsGuns
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #965 on: May 13, 2006, 08:16:27 AM »

And Robin was f-----g awesome, just a pleasure to listen to and watch on stage,, haha you gotta love the crowd surfing at the end of Paradisc City
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #966 on: May 13, 2006, 08:19:50 AM »

Is this shit me? True I have slept like 6 hours in the last 62 hours, but still I notice these things

Since everybody else tells the exact opposite, it SEEMS like you saw these things not despite the fact of your long time wakeness, but BECAUSE of it.  hihi

No offence, bro, I wasn't there, so what do I know. But all reviews tell otherwise.

Restraint is for suckers.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #967 on: May 13, 2006, 08:23:07 AM »

A truly unbelievable show.

Axl looked like a million bucks.  The look really worked, especially in contrast to the 2002 hometown jersey routine.  He did a typically great job with everything, although it seemed to me as if his vocals were way low on some of the songs.

Robin Finck won me over.  I liked him fine enough before, but last night he stepped up as the GNR guitarist.  The Jesus look is very cool (I thought he was the new guitarist at first when the lights went up) and he displayed great presence, diving into the crowd twice. 

The rest of the band did a great job as well, showing a huge amount of chemistry.  There was a lot of hugging and interacting on-stage among all of them.

Sebastian Bach was about 8 feet away from where I was and upon seeing him I thought it would be great if he jumped up on stage for a song.  He didnt disappoint and it was one of the highlights of the night.  He came back for the rest ofthe show and he was genuinely into every second of it.

I was pleasently surprised to hear the new songs.

"Nightrain" and "Paradise City" was amazing.

The biggest disappointment was the new guitarist.  Bumblefoot seems like a cool guy and a proficient guitar player, but I was majorly unimpressed with his overall presence.  He just didnt fit.  And despite my past criticisms, Ive come to really appreciate Bucketheads persona and playing and for the first time, I missed him being in GNR.  I couldnt help but think that his presence would have taken things to an even higher level.

Thats about it though.  The show was phenomenal, everybody did a great job and Axl was better than hes been since coming back.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #968 on: May 13, 2006, 08:30:44 AM »

This is what I was waiting for...a review from a unbiased member.

It must of been a hell of a show then...good to know Axl and the band are in top form.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #969 on: May 13, 2006, 08:34:10 AM »

A few other quick notes:

Slightly disappointed with "The Blues" only because they seemed to have cut the intro guitars that worked so well before. 

Also slightly disappointed by the lack of ranting.  He didnt have a whole lot to say last night.

"Chinese Democracy" was significantly rearranged.  The intro was different, the second verse was the first and Axl seemed to have some high-pitched effect on his voice during it.

On Brain: "My good friend Baz said to me 'where was this guy when you hired Matt?'"

Hated the opening band.  I cant stress that enough.  Just awful.

Of the guitar players, Fortus probably played the best and Finck had the best presence.  As someone said earlier, Bumblefoot was essentially a non-entity.

Some very cool pyrotechnics, including a curtain of fireworks toward the end.  And of course, the "Paradise City" confetti.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 08:39:11 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
VIP

« Reply #970 on: May 13, 2006, 08:35:17 AM »

What new songs where play? any new unleaked?
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #971 on: May 13, 2006, 08:35:54 AM »

Where did these photos come from?? Huh?? Who actually took them?? (They are awesome!? ok)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #972 on: May 13, 2006, 08:39:59 AM »

What new songs where play? any new unleaked?

"I.R.S.," "There Was A Time," "Better" and the old "new" songs.
Origen
« Reply #973 on: May 13, 2006, 08:40:43 AM »

Where did these photos come from?? Huh?? Who actually took them?? (They are awesome!? ok)

Professional took by the press
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #974 on: May 13, 2006, 08:42:10 AM »

I have a few decent pictures I might be able to get up soon.
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #975 on: May 13, 2006, 08:44:01 AM »

Stop the talking, do the walking!  ok

Restraint is for suckers.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #976 on: May 13, 2006, 08:46:22 AM »

Of the guitar players, Fortus probably played the best and Finck had the best presence.? As someone said earlier, Bumblefoot was essentially a non-entity.

I still think if Axl put Richard on lead, he would have the best guitar combinaison for this new band.
I still think Richard's potencial is under-exploited. Too bad he doesn't take the lead with Robin.
Don't get me wrong, I like Ron Thal, but come on, when you have Richard and Robin, do you really need another lead guitar player?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 09:07:06 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #977 on: May 13, 2006, 08:47:54 AM »

Stop calling it "TWART"!!!!

Its TWAT!! As in...the female genitalia, and a swear word used in the UK.

Get it right!!  rant

*rant over*
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #978 on: May 13, 2006, 08:56:57 AM »

http://www.captaint.com/talkingmetal/talkingmetaleps63.mp3

A post-show wrap-up from talkingmetal

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #979 on: May 13, 2006, 09:05:05 AM »

Professional took by the press
They look like they were taken from the crowd, not from in front of a barricade.? Was there a photo credit?? Wonder how Axl treated the press this time.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: