Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 07:17:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section  (Read 142636 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #940 on: May 13, 2006, 06:04:15 AM »

It's 5:30 right now, and me and my gang just got back to Delaware.  A big thanks to Barbie567 for the great job with the post-show party, and to Mr. Intensity and the folks responsible for the pre-show party at Mustang Harry's.

Now, for ratings. (all ratings are subjective of course)   beer

Axl:  9/10...this would have been a 9.5/10 had the crew gotten the guitars volume down for the first couple songs.  I was in mezz2 and I couldn't quite make out words too well for the first couple songs because the music was so loud.  By the time I heard The Blues and Out ta Get Me, things were perfect.  Oh, and goddamn, the ending vocals to There Was a Time  drool  drool  drool amazing!  He sounds 1000 times better than on the '02 tour.  He looks 1000 times better than on the '02 tour.  Ladies and germs, amazing stuff...I just hope he can keep it up for a whole tour. 

Fortus:  9.5/10, such energy on stage, great solos, made it look effortless.

Finck:  2 stage-dives that I counted with body-surfing in the crowd!  That was my Finck highlight!   beer  Awesome, just great.  Looks happy to be performing again.  Even if he does look like Forrest Gump post-run, it's better than '02, for damn sure!   peace  9/10

Bumblefoot:  gimme time to absorb this.  obviously the solos showcased his talent...the guy can play, his look?  He needs Extreme Makeover.  That hair is straight out of Spinal Tap.   hihi  Dammit, just be Ron, lose the schticky bumblebee foot guitar.  Just my 2 cents.  7/10

Brain:  Axl had a great line to the effect of, "Sebastian heard Matt play and asked, where the fuck was this guy when you hired Matt?"  Great shit.  Brain: 9/10 (nobody's a 10...okay, except for Jenna-side here at HTGTH!   

Stinson:  9/10, no complaints here...excellent chemistry with Axl.

Dizzy:  9/10 nice work on the keyboards Dizzy.

Pittman:  Did he flip us off on introduction?  3/10.  The beer he sold me at the concession stand was warm.   hihi  Just kidding.

Hope that was informative.   peace  Just a great fuckin' show.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Olorin
« Reply #941 on: May 13, 2006, 06:05:18 AM »

I'm a little disapointed with the setlist, but only because I'm sat at home craving new songs to download and listen to.

If I was at the gig I would equally disapointed if I didnt get to hear my favourite gnr classics blasted out.

The vast majority of folk in the audience will not have heard any of the new songs and will have been delighted with the set list.
shaun
« Reply #942 on: May 13, 2006, 06:05:31 AM »

Why is it the 3 leaked songs just happend to be the only 3 new songs the new GnR played live lastnight?  hihi

the leaks must have been deliberately leaked. And seeing as Better played live sounds just like the leaked track, then the leaked track must be pretty close to the finished  Grin
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 06:08:23 AM by D0badog » Logged
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #943 on: May 13, 2006, 06:08:09 AM »

And Madagascar, CD and the Blues, remember. They're new songs too, though it might not seem like it now. Together, they make up half the album, so I personally don't think we'll get any more till after it's released.
shaun
« Reply #944 on: May 13, 2006, 06:09:26 AM »

And Madagascar, CD and the Blues, remember. They're new songs too, though it might not seem like it now. Together, they make up half the album, so I personally don't think we'll get any more till after it's released.

Thats my point. Madagascar, CD and the Blues have all been played in the past. The 3 leaked songs have never been played live before lastnights show.
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #945 on: May 13, 2006, 06:11:48 AM »

What a joke! Hilarious - the band are gone for 10 year and return and play virtually nothing from the new album apart from a load of sub standard stuff everyone hoped was just b-sides - well done Axl, any time u want to give us some NEW music Roll Eyes
Speak for yourself will ya? IMO the new songs sound great.. They are different from the old stuff and that's possibly why they sound so great.

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #946 on: May 13, 2006, 06:17:28 AM »

Don't get me wrong really not moaning. I know it's just awsome they are back playing,? looking and hopefully sounding awsome.

But I Would have thought He could have picked a less predictable - more suprising Set-list.? More from Illusions, Spaghetti ect? To make a big statement like this band can play any GNR song. Would have been cool.

? I can understand cos of the internet why they didn't play any more from CD. but would we have even got those new ones if they hadn't been leaked?

This is not a dis just hope that they mix things up a bit. Not retread 2002.

Here is the thing you dont get, this b and is not gonna learn UYI songs, they want to play their songs and they will play hits. When CD drops they are gonna play more new songs than old, and when and if the 2nd album drops, they will play barely any old songs save the hits.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #947 on: May 13, 2006, 06:22:22 AM »

Why is it the 3 leaked songs just happend to be the only 3 new songs the new GnR played live lastnight?  hihi

the leaks must have been deliberately leaked. And seeing as Better played live sounds just like the leaked track, then the leaked track must be pretty close to the finished  Grin

I think you've got this backwards.  Axl's always said he won't play any new material because it ends up on the Internet.  Because those track are already ON the Internet, it didn't matter.  It was probably a better bet to play them then not, because he could offer up better versions than the demos.
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #948 on: May 13, 2006, 06:23:13 AM »

nobody's a 10...okay, except for Jenna-side here at HTGTH!

rofl shuddup

And as far as Robin writing Better, Axl didn't actually say he wrote it necessarily. He said "that was a Robin song"  to clarify to all the people that were speculating about it. I think that could mean that the solo on the leak was Robins and not Bucket's as everyone had thought. Or hell, maybe he did write it...  all I'm sayin' is Axl didn't specify what he meant by that...

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
makane
Legend

« Reply #949 on: May 13, 2006, 06:30:46 AM »

How did Thal do on TWAT's solo?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #950 on: May 13, 2006, 06:41:57 AM »

Flawless, from the reviews I read.

Restraint is for suckers.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #951 on: May 13, 2006, 06:46:43 AM »

nobody's a 10...okay, except for Jenna-side here at HTGTH!

rofl shuddup

And as far as Robin writing Better, Axl didn't actually say he wrote it necessarily. He said "that was a Robin song"  to clarify to all the people that were speculating about it. I think that could mean that the solo on the leak was Robins and not Bucket's as everyone had thought. Or hell, maybe he did write it...  all I'm sayin' is Axl didn't specify what he meant by that...

thank you for the clarification on that Smiley
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #952 on: May 13, 2006, 06:47:16 AM »

Hello,

I've been up for over 24hours at this point so i'm not sure how this is going to come out - but here it goes.....

Venue: ?Unfreakin real, I never thought that I would see GNR in such a small club sized venue. ?IF you are short your best bet is to get Mezz seats. ?The line to get in wrapped around three buildings roughly about 3 blocks <whew> never thought I'd get there. ?PS: Don't drink beer while waiting in that line - the cops will write you a ticket ( I have 1st hand knowlede of that :-)

Opening Band: ?Sucked - not my cup of tea

Guns N Roses: ?Went on at 11pm sharp, and ended around 1;15.

Set List: (not going to attempt it right now)

Here are my general thoughts:

Axl sounds better than ever. ?I saw him in '02 and he is 10x better - he has complete control over his voice and is allot closer to the late 80's ealry 90's. ?Matter of fact, I couldn't pick up one note that he didn't hit. ?I felt like I was listening to Live Era - HE FUCKIN ROCKED. ?I was amazed by his performance on stage - the guy knows how to capture an audience. ?He took the Hammersein by storm. The band looks and sounds great - I almost get more of a band feel from them than I did with the original group. ?The new guitarist was pretty much a non-entity ( I'll be honest, I don't even know what he looks like. ?He was not a huge factor. ?All of the other band members ROCKED. The band played the new and old songs with power.

My highlights:

Better, T.W.A.T, Night train (this really stuck out to me, best version i've ever heard), My Michele w/ Baz (fuckin great), fuck it - every song was a highlight. ?The way they played them mad me feel as if I had heard them for the 1st time. ?Power, energetic etc. . . ?Pyro and stage set up was unfreakin real as well. ?

My Lowlights:

I love the set list, but they need to mix it up so that all of the slower songs are in the back half of the show. ?I would not change the songs though, just the order - and i'm only suggesting moving one or two here or there. ?Another lowlowlight would be the mosh pits ?- I know it's part of the whole 'rock n roll' thing, but there were some drunk guys plowing over 4ft tall women - never got the whole mosh pit thing.

I'm looking forward to the 17th - Enjoy the shows inbetween,

-illusionone

Edit:  I should add that if this is a sign of things to come, I can really see GNR on top of the world again - I had my doubts in 2002 but still faithfully stood by.  The 2006 band rocks fuckin hard  peace

« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 06:52:38 AM by illusionone » Logged

Wake up. . . .time to die
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #953 on: May 13, 2006, 06:48:46 AM »

AXL Fuckin ROSE is back!!! OHH MYY GOD!!!
I'm not even there and I can feel the emotion...
And I want to cry seeing those vids and pics...

AXL is GOD

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
RichardNixon
« Reply #954 on: May 13, 2006, 06:52:03 AM »

Questions:

-Rants? What did Axl say between songs? Did he dog Weiland?
-Do the live versions of "Better," "IRS," and TWAT sound much differerent from the demos?
illusionone
VIP

« Reply #955 on: May 13, 2006, 06:57:17 AM »

Questions:

-Rants? What did Axl say between songs? Did he dog Weiland?
-Do the live versions of "Better," "IRS," and TWAT sound much differerent from the demos?

Rants: Nothing really - the only thing to note was a comment by axl quoting Baz saying something in regards to if you (axl) knew about Brain back in the day, you (axl) would never have hired Sorum. 

Better:  Unfuckin real - It sounded like the demo but even more powerful.  I wasn't sure Axl could carry the middle screaming part live, but  he nailed it 100%

TWAT: Again - Unfreakin real - just like the demo - the band nailed it

IRS:  It was like the demo, but Axl had a tough time sining this one, he mouthed the words in certain part (mainly to catch his breath.  That being said, Axl did not seem winded at all other than this song.  IRS was still played really well and came across as such.

highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #956 on: May 13, 2006, 07:04:27 AM »

Does anybody have a bootleg for the entire show?

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
RichardNixon
« Reply #957 on: May 13, 2006, 07:08:39 AM »

Does Robin have the "Jesus" look? Or the Goth one?
illusionone
VIP

« Reply #958 on: May 13, 2006, 07:10:44 AM »

Does Robin have the "Jesus" look? Or the Goth one?

Jesus - He looked so diff.? that most people thought he was the new guitarist.? The band seems to have gotten a new respectable look rather than the 2002 ifreak show look (not that there is anything wrong with self expression - I don't mean to use freak as a neg. word - more as a description)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 07:12:52 AM by illusionone » Logged

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #959 on: May 13, 2006, 07:28:55 AM »

did the band come on first, and then axl - or all together?? did you guys go fkn crazy the second the lights dimmed???!!!  Was there a backdrop and 3 screens?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: