Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 04:53:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section  (Read 142867 times)
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #920 on: May 13, 2006, 05:28:42 AM »

hey, just for a bit of fun and good reading, im wondering if the people who where at the show last nite would care to give each band member a rating out of 10 and a mini review for each, would be kool
Shiryu
Headliner

« Reply #921 on: May 13, 2006, 05:29:50 AM »

Did I hear Robin now has long hair and a beard?

yep, he looks like he just came from Pantera, or a Zakk Wylde type of look. Cool

Shiryu.

*We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!*
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #922 on: May 13, 2006, 05:30:07 AM »

Don't get me wrong really not moaning. I know it's just awsome they are back playing,  looking and hopefully sounding awsome.

But I Would have thought He could have picked a less predictable - more suprising Set-list.  More from Illusions, Spaghetti ect  To make a big statement like this band can play any GNR song. Would have been cool.

I can understand cos of the internet why they didn't play any more from CD. but would we have even got those new ones if they hadn't been leaked?

This is not a dis just hope that they mix things up a bit. Not retread 2002.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #923 on: May 13, 2006, 05:30:52 AM »

I CAN HONESTLY SAY, THAT WAS THE BEST LIVE SHOW IVE EVER BEEN TO MY WHOLE LIFE!!!!!!!
Brody
« Reply #924 on: May 13, 2006, 05:32:38 AM »

Robin is the shit...
ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #925 on: May 13, 2006, 05:33:32 AM »

you figure they gotta play all the hit song they played, plus with better, irs, twat, maddy, the blues, and CD, thats the whole night. Theyre cursed with an incredible amount of hit songs that they have to play each night. Im just glad they played those 3 new songs!!!
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #926 on: May 13, 2006, 05:33:41 AM »

yea thats the only downer of last nite by the sounds of it, i think this new band could seriously own songs like estranged and civil war etc
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #927 on: May 13, 2006, 05:36:20 AM »

i'm glad robin was nearby and remembered that was about to happen. it would've been disatarous if fortus didn't get out of that area.
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #928 on: May 13, 2006, 05:39:38 AM »

First gig, first cool story to remember. New gunners start off well.  hihi

Restraint is for suckers.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #929 on: May 13, 2006, 05:40:30 AM »

robin is the shit!! i need a pic from that fucker. so glad he's in the band
can'T believe he wrote better.. just amazing

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #930 on: May 13, 2006, 05:42:27 AM »

I don't see the need for more Illusions stuff.
As for new matieral they played 6 songs from an album that is not out yet,and that will have 13 tracks. It's a good set list,be happy

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #931 on: May 13, 2006, 05:46:03 AM »

AXL - 9 seriously fucking good. He went for it on every note, with great results. The crowd was in love with him, he looked great, he ran around, what more can you ask for. You could give him a perfect score, but things were sloppy at times.

Bummble foot- 6 He came across to me at times as being sloppy. He had moments when he was great. For instance, the twat solo was spot on, I kid you not. But then the IRS and Better solos were majorly flawed. I believe he had some jitters, and will be better in upcoming shows.

Finck- 8 He is improved from 02 tour. Still a little sloppy, had some good moments. BUT, he jumoed into the crowd and connected with the people, which goes a long way in my book. He had a good night.

fortus- 8 He did more soloing this time, and was clean and played well.

the rest of the band- 9 No one else really stuck out (which is good cause that means they werent fucking up), Dizzy was good on piano in the blues as always. Tommy was energetic, Brain did his thing, pittman was non existant, but threw in many good opening sound effects to a bunch of songs.

overall 8.5 they were great, outside of some issues with the guitarists, and the little things that happen live. BUT THIS WAS THE BEST SHOW IVE EVER SAW!!!!!!
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #932 on: May 13, 2006, 05:47:44 AM »

I do hear you on that. I grew up with the UYI albums as much as I did AFD. Would be nice to hear a couple of songs from them.

Hard to complain about whats there though, especially the leaks. Some unheard stuff would have been really special, but I dont mind waiting for future concerts or CD.
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #933 on: May 13, 2006, 05:50:05 AM »

can'T believe he wrote better

Where do we know that from?

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #934 on: May 13, 2006, 05:51:19 AM »

What a joke! Hilarious - the band are gone for 10 year and return and play virtually nothing from the new album apart from a load of sub standard stuff everyone hoped was just b-sides - well done Axl, any time u want to give us some NEW music Roll Eyes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #935 on: May 13, 2006, 05:51:36 AM »

can'T believe he wrote better

Where do we know that from?

i believe axl said so before they played it.
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #936 on: May 13, 2006, 05:52:54 AM »

Ah, c'mon! Axl's not a reliable source.  Roll Eyes

j/k  hihi

shaun
« Reply #937 on: May 13, 2006, 05:53:44 AM »

yea thats the only downer of last nite by the sounds of it, i think this new band could seriously own songs like estranged and civil war etc

I would be amazed if the new GnR attempted to play Estranged, Slash is the only man for the job  beer
As for Civil War, i would be happy if they never played it again, i really don't like the song. I don't like Knocking on Heavens Door either. All their other tracks are great  Grin

It's a shame the new GnR didn't play songs they havn't played before. Better being the exception, although most of us got the leaks an age ago.

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #938 on: May 13, 2006, 05:56:01 AM »

I wouldnt honestly be ecstatic if we heard a reworked version of Oh My God. Ive come to like the song a bit more as Ive gotten more used to GnR's new musical direction. The song doesnt seem as bad as it once did.

In fact ... I actually kind of like it.
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #939 on: May 13, 2006, 05:58:22 AM »

yeah i new they were gonna start with jungle again, that's not originla anymore and a bit dissapointing. offcourse the setlist has less changes, it's just gn'r playing their songs. i don't care about that. and for me, there are a few new ones like irs and better cuz i haven't downloaded them. so i'm gonna be surprised when i see twice guns next month
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: