Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:47:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section  (Read 154419 times)
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #1080 on: May 13, 2006, 02:06:05 PM »

I think the show on the 17th will be the absolute best!   yes
(I keep my fingers crossed for a surprise)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1081 on: May 13, 2006, 02:09:27 PM »

can any1 guess what the scary part of last nights show was?.....

IT WAS THERE FIRST SHOW AS A BAND SINCE 02. Thats sick. ?Took a few yrs off and came back like they have been on tour for a few months.

say what you want about the gnr name, yada yada yada,...this BAND, is simply AMAZING
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 02:13:39 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Evolution
« Reply #1082 on: May 13, 2006, 02:11:53 PM »

Oh jeez, just contrast the "hoommee-ooommee" at the end of PC to the one at the VMA's  Grin
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1083 on: May 13, 2006, 02:12:06 PM »

No media review yet or what?
crazyfool
Headliner

You dig what i'm saying?

« Reply #1084 on: May 13, 2006, 02:17:07 PM »

I'm just finally collecting all my thoughts from last night. ?overwhelmed would be a good way to describe my mental state since the house lights went down at 11pm last night. ?I've been a lifelong die hard fan but never saw the band live. ?I was at the Philly show in 2002 though...waiting. ?I've seen VR twice, once at the tiny 9:30 club in DC and was fortunate enough to meet Duff and Matt Sorum breifly after the show. ?I saw Slash's Snakepit play a bar in Minneapolis in 2000 that had 25 people in it. ?But I had never seen Axl live until last night. ?And when the wait finally ended, and the first slow few notes of WTTJ started, it was honestly the type of rush you get as a kid. And When Axl finally came out I caught a glimpse of him despite the mad rush of people towards the stage while jumping up and down...he looked....great. ?No other way to describe it. ?what struck me right away was that he looked more normal (comfortable?) than any of the pics or videos that i've seen of the 2002 tour. ?No jersey. ?he was wearing jeans! ?braids (they looked shorter) back in a pony tail, wearing shades and dancing, moving, running around up there looking like he hadn't just disappeared for most of the last 13 years. ?And maybe that sets the tone for the rest of the band....bc with buckethead out of the band and Robin Finck looking like Soundgardeny Chris Robinson, it's like...whoah, they look like real people! ?cool! ?(sorry...i don't mean to offend BH or his fans, but i would hope that a real GUNS n ROSES fan would agree that completely regardless of his playing ability....c'mon...that guy doesn't belong in GNR. ?the whole 2002 lineup looked like a traveling freak show to me and thats just not the Guns that I grew up loving. ?Anyway, my point here is that the band appeared much less "weird" looking last night and thats fine by me).

quick sidenote:
My dad just called to see how the show was. ?After I talked his ear off for 10 minutes, he said that was great and made sure to remind me that he saw the original gnr open for Aerosmith in like '88. ?He actually sorta met Axl backstage. ?thanks dad. ?

getting back to the show. ?so much to tell so i'll just try to recap put down as much as possible. ?I haven't read through all the posts in this thread so sorry if some some of this is repeated. ?But i'll give you my take anyway. ?

- I was reading through some of the posts starting at 11 when the show started and think it's great that so many who weren't there were able to sort of follow along on this board. ?I'm sure it's been mentioned by now, Live and Let Die was played early in the set maybe after Better. ?It was preceding this song that Axl said (and i'm loosely quoting) "There are a lot of people out there who think they know whats going on....inside Guns...n....Roses. ?(He said gnr kinda slow and deep in a funny sort of way). ?But thats ok. ?thats how it goes sometimes. ?you gotta take the good with the bad. ?the bad with the good. ? and sometimes you just gotta Live n Let Die." ?it was something very close to that. ?hard to make him out at points - more on that later.

- I could totally understand how there was some confusion on the board as to which 3 guitarists were onstage. ?Honestly I had no idea. ?I didn't follow the 2002 lineup all that closely, but i recognized Richard Fortus (even though at first glance I was like Izzy! uh.....no). ?But I just assumed that Robin was out of the band and the two other guys were new. ?But then I heard Axl say Robin's name during the band introductions so i was sort of confused until i got home and read on the board about Robin's new look. ?I dig it. ?And he totally killed last night. ?I will always have a sore spot in my heart for the original lineup - more on that later too -but that grungy looking bastard impressed me last night and to come to realize that it was Robin...really opened my eyes. ?I'm going to be watching him extra close on Sunday night. ?great job by Robin last night.... ok

- The band sounded great. ?I have no complaints. ?As for Axl, for what I heard he sounded great. ?I honestly did not like what I heard on the 2002 bootlegs, but this did not sound like that. ?I'm hoping though that his vocals are raised for Sunday's show though. ?Maybe it's just where i was standing on the floor, but on many of the songs i could hardly make out his singing at all. ?I might try a standing a little further back on Sunday and seeing if that helps. ?Did anyone else down front have the problem of the guitars drowning out Axl at times?

- It was overwhelming just to be there. ?to be in the room when he first made his appearance and it was great to see him seemingly in a very good mood. ?happy and having a blast. ?at one point I think Richard walked over to Axl and said something to which Axl said in tot he mic, "Wait, repeat that." and into the mic Fortus (it may have been Stinson) said "I'm having a great time, are you?" ?the crowd roared. ? Axl all spent some time in the beginning of the show talking about Ny...saying "New York City....kinda reminds me of Paradise City. I've been spending some time here recently and have spent some night trying to learn how you all do it. ?Many nights that have gone into the next day actually. ?I think you fuckers are trying to kill me." ?he was joking and in good spirits....but....and i guess he wouldn't be Axl Rose if he wasn't at least a little bit of an asshole but when introducing Brain during the band intros he said "As Sebastian (Bach) said on the radio the other day, where the fuck was this guy when you guys hired Matt?" ?gotta admit that bummed me out a bit. ?Like i said i'm a big fan of the guns i grew up on and Matt Sorum is a part of that - i def prefer him to SA - and was it really necesary? ?i guess it was a joke, but i hope he refrains from taking shots at former members tommorrow night. ?just my take on it. ?

- along the same lines....the energy and excitement in that place last night was absolutely fantastic. ?Definately one of the coolest atmosphere's at a gig that i've been to. ?However, it was the same comment that kept comming up from lots of the people at the show (and at the bar afterwards till 5am) that i met....'as crazy as that was, imagine if it was the real/original band?!?...."

not sure i can imagine it, but especially after last night....to see how good Axl can still be...i would pay alot of money to see it. ?

- interesting side notes: ?Liam (or it might have been Noel) Gallagher from Oasis was there with a blonde date. ?he was in the VIP balcony stage right as was one of the guys from Winger. ?I would have never spoted either of these two but my friend is good like that. ?How he knew who the dude from Winger was...I'm not sure. (By the way, dude from Winger was rocking out! joining the sing along...)

- The Sebastian Bach My Michelle number was really great. ?definately made up for the initial disappoint that when Axl announced he was bringing out a special guest that it turned out to be...well...Sebastian Bach. ?but, he came out and said "YYYOOOUUU'RRREEEE ?FFFUUUUUCCCCKKIIINNNGG ?CRRRAAAZZZYYYY" a few times into the mic so that was cool. ?

-Highlights for me were probably WTTJ - i mean it was just so cool right then, SCOM, Out ta Get Me, TWAT and the Blues. ?after the some of the new songs were played Axl said "I see all you singing the new songs. ?you downloading motherfuckers." ?good stuff. ?Lots of pyro techincs thouhout the show and the place was filled with red and yellow confetti for second half of PC. ?really cool. ?I can't wait for Sunday bc i think i wll be able to enjoy more than i was able to last night. ?It was just so much! ?I was 30 feet away from Axl. ?I couldt get over that! ?

- After saying "good - fuckin - night" at the end of PC, Axl chucked his mic into the crowd as the lights went down. that fuckin mic was comming right at me except for the 30 motherfuckers who jumped up for it. ?despite them, it tipped off the guy in front of me's finger tips and deflected to my left. ?at the moment the lights went down. ?darkness. ?I reached in the dark to where i thought the mic would be on it's way down. ?it never hit my findertips. the next think i knew there were 15 people tacling eack other (and me) and grappling around on the floor. ?I didn't see the guy who got it. ?nobody did. ?he must have some how caught it and got the f out. ?i could have sworn it would have been right where my fingers were. ?damn. ?my buddy ended up losing the back of his phone, ripped the knees of this jeans, and bloodied up his knuckle going for it. ?good try

I'm def looking forward to sunday

12/6/02
5/12/06
5/14/06
11/10/06
4/9/16
6/26/16
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #1085 on: May 13, 2006, 02:17:42 PM »

i found it funny he admitted to signing onto a european tour with no 3rd guitartist.
so i hope this means bumblefoot is not on CD
EFISH
« Reply #1086 on: May 13, 2006, 02:23:48 PM »

well i just woke up and read through all of this....

Nice pics, and thanks for some of the vids, bootlegs, links, etc....

You guys rock! GNR rock!
The gnr revolution begins now!!!!!! peace

(the guy on that thread who posted all the bootlegs, didnt put up better Sad that one's my favorite
Evolution
« Reply #1087 on: May 13, 2006, 02:27:36 PM »

I'm a little confused, was Live And Let Die played last night?
EFISH
« Reply #1088 on: May 13, 2006, 02:29:37 PM »

wishi... very awesome review.. thanks man!!! ok
EFISH
« Reply #1089 on: May 13, 2006, 02:30:08 PM »

Bumblefoot's solo from last night....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-fFBcwcOAZY"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-fFBcwcOAZY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #1090 on: May 13, 2006, 02:35:13 PM »

i found it funny he admitted to signing onto a european tour with no 3rd guitartist.
so i hope this means bumblefoot is not on CD

i think its generally accepted knowledge that BH will be on CD (and likely the second album) but they needed a shredder to pull off his parts live. I wouldnt be surprised to see Thal go back and redo parts for the third album though-assuming they ever get to it.

im glad to hear axl enjoyed himself----i'm going to be interested to see if they switch up the setlist slightly the next few nights or if this is what we will have for the duration of the tour.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
crazyfool
Headliner

You dig what i'm saying?

« Reply #1091 on: May 13, 2006, 02:35:49 PM »

Absolutely yes. ?and that is how he introduced it. ?

12/6/02
5/12/06
5/14/06
11/10/06
4/9/16
6/26/16
ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1092 on: May 13, 2006, 02:37:40 PM »

yes live and let die was played, and played well too
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #1093 on: May 13, 2006, 02:38:04 PM »

Has anybody read any official (AP) Reviews??

Wake up. . . .time to die
Evolution
« Reply #1094 on: May 13, 2006, 02:38:36 PM »

Where was it played? After Better and before SCOM?
crazyfool
Headliner

You dig what i'm saying?

« Reply #1095 on: May 13, 2006, 02:40:12 PM »

Where was it played? After Better and before SCOM?

I believe so...yes

12/6/02
5/12/06
5/14/06
11/10/06
4/9/16
6/26/16
gunner2
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1096 on: May 13, 2006, 02:40:35 PM »

Does anybody know what the line situation was? ?All I can see so far is that the line went for about 3 blocks at 7pm. ?Does anybody know what the line was like earlier in the day? ?Was there only one line through the front?
Thanks!!!
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #1097 on: May 13, 2006, 02:41:27 PM »

- interesting side notes: ?Liam (or it might have been Noel) Gallagher from Oasis was there with a blonde date. ?he was in the VIP balcony stage right as was one of the guys from Winger.?

Liam Gallagher...?!  Shocked

That's cool.
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #1098 on: May 13, 2006, 02:41:51 PM »

Was there any moshing at the show last night??? If so who got the shit kicked out of them lol rofl

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
crazyfool
Headliner

You dig what i'm saying?

« Reply #1099 on: May 13, 2006, 02:43:27 PM »

- interesting side notes: ?Liam (or it might have been Noel) Gallagher from Oasis was there with a blonde date. ?he was in the VIP balcony stage right as was one of the guys from Winger.?

Liam Gallagher...?!? Shocked

That's cool.

i know right?  i thought was odd too.  but he seemed to be into it.  though i glanced over to where he was toward the end of show and he wasn't there anymore.

12/6/02
5/12/06
5/14/06
11/10/06
4/9/16
6/26/16
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: