Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:22:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section  (Read 142329 times)
GunsGuns
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1000 on: May 13, 2006, 10:32:38 AM »

The biggest disappointment was the new guitarist. ?Bumblefoot seems like a cool guy and a proficient guitar player, but I was majorly unimpressed with his overall presence. ?He just didnt fit.

booker that's how I felt, he looked like the third player for zz top, he looked like he had his pjs on.. he looked like happy gilmoure's caddy.. The guy can play, his solo outside of the songs wasn't that good.. he did play the material well, but he looked odd onstage..

sure you aint thinking of Robin? He was the guy who had the PJs on as far as I could tell, and he had the long beard that looked homeless
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1001 on: May 13, 2006, 10:34:28 AM »

Then I might have fucked up... See what happens when you don't know who's in the band.. hihi

is there a pic of both of them from last night.. I guess I thought it was ron because las ttime I saw robin he looked different
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1002 on: May 13, 2006, 10:39:13 AM »

I got on the line outside Hammerstein around 5pm and got second row aisle seats in the Mezz 1 section. ?Great view. ?Opening band is not my thing so I couldn't wait for that to end. ?The DJ played an excellent mix of songs before Guns took the stage, got everyone really pumped. ?That girl in the white miny skirt in the balcony was so fine. ?I couldn't stop staring at her all night. ?As a matter of fact, there was quite a few people there in the VIP that didn't really seem to be that into GN'R, but were probably invited by Axl in the clubs he's been frequenting.

Onto the show. ?It was one for the history books. ?Axl looked great and more importantly sounded the best he has since UYI. ?The band look great too and seemed to all gel really well together. ?Standout was definitely Finck. ?Bumblefoot, I had no idea who it was until Axl introduced the band a few songs into the show. ?He was good. ?Kind of flew below the radar, but this was his first show, I'm sure he was nervous. ?I'd like to see the fans give him more applause after his solo. ?The band sounded tight for the majority of the show. ?Some songs it was hard to hear Axl, so I think they need to turn down the guitars in some parts.

The setlist was very good. ?The guy who posts under the name "Izzy" said he was dissappointed in the tracks they played off CD. ?WTF? ?They played 6 songs including 3 songs they never played before. ?If you don't like the new songs than too bad for you. ?I love them. ?I thought that Better and IRS sounded a bit messy. ?I'm sure the band will improve as time goes on. ?These are warm shows. ?But TWAT was amazing and it got an incredible audience reaction. ?Definitely a highlight. ?Maddy, the Blues and Chinese Democracy all sounded great too. ?I thought they played a great selection of songs off Appetite, however when Sebastian came out (which was a nice surprise) he said "you're crazy". ?I was expecting to hear that song, but they played My Michelle instead. ?I'd like to see them mix in Your Crazy and Rocket Queen some night. ?I was a little dissappointed in the selections from UYI. ?YCBM and Nov Rain were great, but do we need to hear LALD and KOHD? ?Good songs, but I'd rather them played some originally penned tunes. ?I would love to hear Perfect Crime, Dead Horse, Civil War, Yesterdays, Breakdown and especially Don't Cry more than the two cover songs they did. ?But maybe they change up the setlist a bit over time.

Overall great show. ?I'll be seeing them again on the 15th. Can't fuckin wait!

Edit:

By the way, I forgot, but one of my favorite moments was when Tommy said that he was having a great fucking time and Axl made him repeat it, then gave him a big hug and told him how much that meant! 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 11:50:54 AM by 14 Yrs Of Silence » Logged

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Evolution
« Reply #1003 on: May 13, 2006, 10:42:32 AM »

Thanks to all who posted reviews. Axl looks awesome in the pics!
Steel_Angel
« Reply #1004 on: May 13, 2006, 10:44:42 AM »

welcome to the jungle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVAwxqdSK1c&search=hammerstein
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #1005 on: May 13, 2006, 10:50:10 AM »

I wish I could have been in that room.  drool
Evolution
« Reply #1006 on: May 13, 2006, 10:51:35 AM »

Axl sounds fantastic!
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #1007 on: May 13, 2006, 10:58:56 AM »

Oh yeah  drool
from what I heard Axl sounds great love

shit happens when you party naked
Evolution
« Reply #1008 on: May 13, 2006, 11:11:22 AM »

I'm desperate to hear Better  Grin
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1009 on: May 13, 2006, 11:12:25 AM »

I'm desperate to hear Better? Grin

it was amazing live... Was the highlight for me new song wise..Axl's voice rocked..
Steel_Angel
« Reply #1010 on: May 13, 2006, 11:31:06 AM »

all i need is a "better" video (with good sound quality) and im set? drool
punxnotdead
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1011 on: May 13, 2006, 11:35:44 AM »

yeah so anyway...dont be fooled...he can't sing anymore that was obvious from last night.
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #1012 on: May 13, 2006, 11:41:31 AM »

hey there, thank you all for the reviews, the pics and the video........... so cool!!!!!!!!  beer

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Jaffattack
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1013 on: May 13, 2006, 11:44:15 AM »

This guy freaking sucks. Nice solo Bumblefoot. NOT. I went a took a dump during his solo and it was the best decision I've ever made.

This guy is so not balls to the wall Rock n' Roll. Why does Axl feel the need to hire these schticky guitar players??

This asshole is our "suprise"

WHER IS IZZY?

The show was f-ing awesome
godiva
« Reply #1014 on: May 13, 2006, 11:48:07 AM »

Why don?t we give Thal a break? Imagine being in this band, it?s your first show and let?s face it, not the easiest audience. Big shoes to fill. I heard some of his solo stuff and I thought he was really good. Let?s refrain judgement till he had a couple of gigs and see how he does then. I have confidence in this guy, I think he is a very welcome addition.  ok
Jaffattack
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1015 on: May 13, 2006, 11:49:44 AM »

He freaking sucks. His whole personality sucks ass
Origen
« Reply #1016 on: May 13, 2006, 11:56:11 AM »

I'm going to wait till I either hear a soundboard bootleg myself of them or see them myself in concert, then I'll give my opinion of Bumblefoot.

All I say is now people will realise what Buckethead brought to the band.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 11:58:42 AM by Origen » Logged
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #1017 on: May 13, 2006, 11:59:50 AM »

Give the guy a chance, man. I don't know how long he's been with them, but I doubt it's been very long. I wasn't there last night, so I really don't know if he was any good or not, but give him a couple of shows at least before you write him off. Some people get nervous and need a few tries with live bullets before they can truly be themselves and confident.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #1018 on: May 13, 2006, 12:02:33 PM »

Let's give Bfoot some time... It was his first show.
I trust in Axl, I'm sure he has made a good choice.
Btw, I cant believe how good Axl looks! Cool!

Oh, and, what was so special about Nightrain? - I keep reading it was a highlight.
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #1019 on: May 13, 2006, 12:05:45 PM »

He freaking sucks. His whole personality sucks ass

All this ignorant Bullshit based on just one performance.... no

It seems your fingers not only did your typing, but did your thinking too. Have you considered suing your brain for non-support?

-PEACE-

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: