Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:32:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Favorite slash work???
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite slash work???  (Read 20116 times)
gun
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2006, 02:02:55 PM »

The outro solo to Rocket Queen, the second slow solo in SCOM, Don't Damn Me an perhaps the ultimate, Estranged (especially the second last solo which is just perfection).
I couldn't agree more with this.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2006, 11:09:39 PM »

With all due respect it bothers me when people say, Axl Rose is guns n roses....  for me Slash did a lot for the band... and people shouldnt forget that...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2006, 02:39:15 AM »

With all due respect it bothers me when people say, Axl Rose is guns n roses....? for me Slash did a lot for the band... and people shouldnt forget that...

gnr wouldn't have ever been the same without him, it was axl n slash known round the world. Every great gnr song has an amazing riff or mid solo..

I have never viewed gnr as a one person band ,that is why I don't call axl alone gnr..
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2006, 06:22:21 AM »

With all due respect it bothers me when people say, Axl Rose is guns n roses....? for me Slash did a lot for the band... and people shouldnt forget that...

GnR aint GnR witout slash, axl, duff IMO

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2006, 07:02:11 AM »

GnR aint GnR witout slash, axl, duff IMO

no legendary guitar based rock band would be
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2006, 03:24:59 PM »

Axl definately isn't Gn'R alone.  It is actually pretty sad. They were a band and at one time the names Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff were pretty much household names.  What Axl is doing right now is so far from what Gn'R was it baffles me why he must march on with the name... Well, obviously he will get more publicity and sell more tix and albums.. I think he would do pretty good solo or under a different name anyway.  Now that Izzy has jammed with VR and Axl, it just seems that a reunion could be somewhat feasible at some point. What Axl is doing now just makes it that more difficult. I know alot of die hards like the music too, but other than Madagascar and CD I think the New GnR music that I have heard is terrible. And those aren't exactly classics or anything.. I  haven't heard all the newest ones but I have listened to a couple.

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2006, 05:32:53 AM »

i think if the four got back together, slash could contribute some awsome riffs and make GnR what it once was again

his work is so original and unique

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2006, 06:29:10 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-eyTQ_GmKM&search=slash

cool part in estranged, was just looking around Utube
Catt
Headliner

Do as you got to, go your own way

« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2006, 07:01:47 AM »

The end of Double Talkin Jive is breath taking.  smoking

monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2006, 12:50:46 PM »

Axl definately isn't Gn'R alone.  It is actually pretty sad. They were a band and at one time the names Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff were pretty much household names.  What Axl is doing right now is so far from what Gn'R was it baffles me why he must march on with the name... Well, obviously he will get more publicity and sell more tix and albums.. I think he would do pretty good solo or under a different name anyway.  Now that Izzy has jammed with VR and Axl, it just seems that a reunion could be somewhat feasible at some point. What Axl is doing now just makes it that more difficult. I know alot of die hards like the music too, but other than Madagascar and CD I think the New GnR music that I have heard is terrible. And those aren't exactly classics or anything.. I  haven't heard all the newest ones but I have listened to a couple.

I was agreeing with this post all the way through until you got to the bit about the new songs, cos I like them also. They arn't slash thats for sure...but to me still great songs lyrically and in other ways. But each to his own.

I must say...sometimes it is interesting to wonder what slash would have done on some of them too....
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2006, 03:14:26 PM »

Axl definately isn't Gn'R alone.? It is actually pretty sad. They were a band and at one time the names Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff were pretty much household names.? What Axl is doing right now is so far from what Gn'R was it baffles me why he must march on with the name... Well, obviously he will get more publicity and sell more tix and albums.. I think he would do pretty good solo or under a different name anyway.? Now that Izzy has jammed with VR and Axl, it just seems that a reunion could be somewhat feasible at some point. What Axl is doing now just makes it that more difficult. I know alot of die hards like the music too, but other than Madagascar and CD I think the New GnR music that I have heard is terrible. And those aren't exactly classics or anything.. I? haven't heard all the newest ones but I have listened to a couple.

I was agreeing with this post all the way through until you got to the bit about the new songs, cos I like them also. They arn't slash thats for sure...but to me still great songs lyrically and in other ways. But each to his own.

I must say...sometimes it is interesting to wonder what slash would have done on some of them too....

Slash not being there has nothing to do with it...  I forgot to mention that I did like "Oh My God"  too....

monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2006, 01:42:47 AM »

Slash not being there has nothing to do with it...  I forgot to mention that I did like "Oh My God"  too....

Yeah i like the lyrics to OMG...although musically its onthe borderline for me...like i dig it - but i do find the drumming and stuff - just the kinda in your face mix of it to be almost too much to my ears.

So you just don't like new songs in general then? Oh well..each to their own I guess Smiley

Least we both like slash! LOL its so hard to list his greatest moments when like 90% of the stuff he does is totally inspirational to me!
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2006, 08:54:10 AM »

So you just don't like new songs in general then? Oh well..each to their own I guess Smiley

Least we both like slash! LOL its so hard to list his greatest moments when like 90% of the stuff he does is totally inspirational to me!

Last comment on this since it's off topic..  I just don't find the new music cohesive, and Axl's voice is just weird to me.. It sounds like a big cluster fuck. I hear a couple leaks a few months back someone sent me and I watched "Better" I think on Aol and it was horrific. I aslo watched Sweet Child which also sucked.. There were a couple songs in 2002 I liked but a few I didn't.. I gave it a shot but it ain't happenin.  I even went to see them live and it wasn't my thing.. The highlight of teh show was Madagascar and CD..... Watching them do GnR tunes was painful...

Junior881
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2006, 11:23:52 PM »

I think paradise city and sweet child o mine are my favorite,
november rain is my fav solo

Slash is awesome.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2006, 10:28:23 AM »

I think paradise city and sweet child o mine are my favorite,
november rain is my fav solo

thopse three are brilliant, it's like how could anyone think that shit up...? drool Those songs wouldn't be half what they are without the guitar
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2006, 12:08:57 PM »

or without slash

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2006, 02:54:45 PM »

or without slash

well when the guitar is missing that is without slash Wink
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2006, 03:21:42 PM »

or without slash

well when the guitar is missing that is without slash Wink

lol, you know what i meant!!!

TheMole
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2006, 05:28:18 AM »

The single-note soloing in SCOM, where he uses the Cry Baby is absolutely brilliant. It's really difficult to keep a solo on just one base-note interesting, but he pulled it of. I can't really put into words how good this actually is.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2006, 05:33:51 AM »

I wish I knew what that meant hihi^
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: