Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 10:15:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Drawbacks Of The Shows
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Drawbacks Of The Shows  (Read 3202 times)
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« on: May 17, 2006, 10:10:15 AM »

You know......this is great - all this stuff about the gigs in new york ; the shows coming up, etc. Its good to have some movement at last. But is it just me, or is anyone else just a little bit pissed off that these shows and travelling around europe will just  delay the album even further?

Its not finished - we all know that. But its not going to get fn finished with axl galivanting around europe playing the same old songs we've heard a hundred times before.
hammerstein2006
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 10:12:01 AM »

it's a great thing to do for the fans, keep your selfishness to yourself.

FINCK FAN SINCE 2001, FUCK THE FRAUDS!!!
godiva
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 10:13:26 AM »

Maybe it's the other way around. The band needs to be a band in order to wrap up this record. I have a feeling that these gigs would probably glue the last pieces of the album together.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 10:13:56 AM »

What would you rather have? A tour of sorts and no album or no album and no tour. Those would be your choices.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 10:16:40 AM »

But is it just me, or is anyone else just a little bit pissed off that these shows and travelling around europe will just? delay the album even further?

IT'S JUST YOU!!!

Stop complaining and try enjoying what IS goin' on like the rest of us.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 10:18:01 AM »

I agree with the Chocolatier. ?The tour will expedite the completion of the album. ?In 1991, the UYI tour started in April and we had our album in September. ?Fall ends on December 20, so I'm expecting it by then.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 10:34:15 AM »

axl has to release the album. that`s a fact... at least if he doesn`t want to get bashed by the media and if he wants to do a succesful america tour ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
hammerstein2006
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 10:37:34 AM »

But is it just me, or is anyone else just a little bit pissed off that these shows and travelling around europe will just? delay the album even further?

IT'S JUST YOU!!!

Stop complaining and try enjoying what IS goin' on like the rest of us.

i couldn't agree more. look at what he said about "axl galivanting" around europe, what a selfish douche with no solidarity with the gnr fan base.

FINCK FAN SINCE 2001, FUCK THE FRAUDS!!!
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 10:42:33 AM »

I think the album will come out between the Summer tour in Europe and a Fall U.S. tour (or perhaps, simulataneously with). Touring in Europe will regain some credibility for the band in order to tour here in the U.S., however they'll definitely need an album out in order to step successfully onto U.S. soil again.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 10:49:06 AM »

I'm pretty certain the UYI albums weren't complete when they started that tour, so I'm sure it isn't really anything to worry about.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have been doing some stuff in New York while they've been there, and they can always book studios in the various countries they'll be visiting over the next few weeks.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 11:05:21 AM »

ugh. The band is touring dammit.

Be happy.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 12:23:44 PM »

even though id love to own CD, id much rather see axl ripping up the stage

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 12:37:14 PM »

Hmmm...with the band touring so much, how and when will they be able to record?  Not to mention mixing and mastering! crying  Unless there is a break between the last Europe gig and the first American gig, I just don't see CD hapeening THIS YEAR!  I hope I'm wrong.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 12:39:20 PM »

what scared me is that IRS wasnt played right, that's wierd considering the time they have ...
if they cannot play IRS rigth now, i dont see the CD coming out soon.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 12:45:38 PM »

Also, in Mr. Intensity's thread, Fortus said that Bumblefoot is gonna re-record Buckethead's parts!
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 01:03:12 PM »

What would you rather have? A tour of sorts and no album or no album and no tour. Those would be your choices.

Gotta agree. People complained nothing was happening, and now at least there  is a tour, which is sort of a mini-promotion of the album and the new songs. So we should be happy.
godiva
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 01:46:03 PM »

I agree with the Chocolatier.  The tour will expedite the completion of the album.  In 1991, the UYI tour started in April and we had our album in September.  Fall ends on December 20, so I'm expecting it by then.

That's me, right? Just making sure, I'm very tired.  ok

Let's see it this way: with the tour happening, ALL the band members will be in the same space at the same time. I was under the impression that that just didn't happen a lot the past few years. Remember Dizzy saying that he hasn't seen anybody from the band since the tour 2002? Even during rehearsals, the band was on the west coast, Axl was in NY, till the band came over. And even then I don't think he showed up at every rehearsal.

So, fall it is  ok
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 01:48:08 PM »

I live in Salt Lake City, Utah, and I'm happy the band is touring and they're don't have a tour date set up even close to where I'm living! I'm just happy they're out and about and clearly having a good time.
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 01:51:23 PM »

what scared me is that IRS wasnt played right, that's wierd considering the time they have ...
if they cannot play IRS rigth now, i dont see the CD coming out soon.

Played "right"?  I don't see how you could possibly know the "right" way to play it.  Maybe you still don't understand what a demo is....
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 01:52:05 PM »

I've been wondering. What if Axl's voice is going to get rougher and rougher? I love his old voice and dig the new style as well but the new songs are fairly different aren't they? I mean, the key is different, higher. In E instead of the old Es- 'Guns tuning'. It's harder on his voice. So if he gets more and more to his old voice along the way......how will he pull of the new songs? Put them in different tuning?

If you listen to the (bad quality) boot from the NYC, you can hear Axl has a hard time pulling of IRS, Better, for instance, and the blues. Is that because he gets his old rasp voice back step by step? therefor harder to hit the high notes in the new songs? Or is it just me?

opinions?

I think Axl's voice will sound great on IRS if they play it in lower tuning. I think that's why (IRS for instance) sounds so forced on the nyc show?

« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 01:57:08 PM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: