Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:29:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R @ Download festival!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ Download festival!  (Read 75741 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #340 on: February 09, 2006, 11:36:22 AM »

Back to the original topic. The news about Download that appeared at 9am this morning that we were waiting for was just to confirm Metallica. Still a vacant headline spot on Sunday i think. Tickets are already on sale so hopefully they'll announce the lineup soon
So the romour was false, oh well  Undecided

Well, it was half true, as Ross said that Metallica and GN'R would be playing, and Metallica have now been confirmed.

Unfortunately I think we now have to wait another week to get confirmation of the next couple of bands.

There are still 2 headliners to announce, Friday and Sunday.

so did ross say that gnr and metallica will play before even metallica were announced or rumoured?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #341 on: February 09, 2006, 11:39:57 AM »

^ Ross made his statement on Feb 3rd (I believe, I may be a day out), Metallica confirmed their appearance on their website yesterday, Feb 8th.

Most big bands get rumoured to appear every year, so it could have been a guess or he may have known something was in the pipeline.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
WARose
Legend

« Reply #342 on: February 09, 2006, 11:44:26 AM »

were there rumours of metallica appearing before?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #343 on: February 09, 2006, 11:47:05 AM »

were there rumours of metallica appearing before?

The odd one or two, but they were mostly dismissed as a lot of people thought Metallica would be recording their new album.

Give Peace A Chance...
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #344 on: February 09, 2006, 11:50:48 AM »

i just can't believe how some of you think that gn'r and metallica will have something to do with eachother again, don't you remember what happened in 92?

It's not like axl would take the band back AND go play with metallica wtf?

if they both would play download they sure wouldn't play the same night...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
WARose
Legend

« Reply #345 on: February 09, 2006, 12:09:35 PM »

i just can't believe how some of you think that gn'r and metallica will have something to do with eachother again, don't you remember what happened in 92?

yeah i also think they wouldn`t play the same night.  because both bands would be playing as headliners then.   

by the way i don?t think anyone here believes that axl wants to play with metallica nor does it anyone expect
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 12:27:13 PM by WARose » Logged

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #346 on: February 09, 2006, 12:23:08 PM »

They wouldn't play on the same night. It's a festival. Not a one-day thing...

I still don't know what to believe, Ross might have used irony in his words and meant the new band.

WARose
Legend

« Reply #347 on: February 09, 2006, 12:28:03 PM »

and what happened in'92?

Origen
« Reply #348 on: February 09, 2006, 12:32:53 PM »

and what happened in'92?

Gnr and Metallica toured together and were good friends.

Then Metallica released a home video and James took the piss out Axl, and was saying to the press that the band is 4 guys and 1 guy by himself on a power trip, or something along those lines. Then they just fell out over it and Axl ranted about Metallica in 1993 at a concert and Duff got knocked out with a bottle of piss over it.

Something like that  . . . .
WARose
Legend

« Reply #349 on: February 09, 2006, 12:40:10 PM »

and what happened in'92?

Gnr and Metallica toured together and were good friends.

Then Metallica released a home video and James took the piss out Axl, and was saying to the press that the band is 4 guys and 1 guy by himself on a power trip, or something along those lines. Then they just fell out over it and Axl ranted about Metallica in 1993 at a concert and Duff got knocked out with a bottle of piss over it.

Something like that  . . . .

thanks    i didn`t know that about those hetfield comments........   i only knew that they aren`t friends anymore, at least james and axl...

the concert was sacramento right?  do you think the bottle was thrown because of the rant?

sandman
Legend

« Reply #350 on: February 09, 2006, 12:47:35 PM »

part of the reason they are not friends is because axl walked off stage (which caused a riot), on the night james got burned on stage and metallica had to cut their set short.

they hoped axl would "save the day" and put on a 2+ hour kick ass show so people would still get their money's worth. instead axl walked off stage.

he also went on stage late during that tour, which created a negative vibe for the tour and the relationship between the bands. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
WARose
Legend

« Reply #351 on: February 09, 2006, 12:58:32 PM »

part of the reason they are not friends is because axl walked off stage (which caused a riot), on the night james got burned on stage and metallica had to cut their set short.

they hoped axl would "save the day" and put on a 2+ hour kick ass show so people would still get their money's worth. instead axl walked off stage.

he also went on stage late during that tour, which created a negative vibe for the tour and the relationship between the bands. 

well he did that at almost every show.....    but yeah montreal pissed james really off i think

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #352 on: February 09, 2006, 01:14:23 PM »

i hope gnr or metallica play at the return of monsters of rock rather than the crappy new band filled download.

html sucks
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #353 on: February 09, 2006, 01:23:09 PM »

but yeah montreal pissed james really off i think

You know what's funny? Usually when i walk into a blaze of pyrotechnics i tend to get a bit upset as well

rofl rofl Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 01:26:50 PM by Neemo » Logged

jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #354 on: February 09, 2006, 01:24:29 PM »

given the history of the Metallica / GnR relationship; and the relationship b/ween Axl and the other original memebers; I see this as being a 1 in a 1,000,000 shot of happening
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #355 on: February 09, 2006, 01:26:18 PM »

I think Metallica misses the "rivalry" with GN'R however... unlike Nirvana (although I never was quite sure what was going on there as there were some "weird" entries in Cobain's diary about Axl)... Metallica respects the hell out of GN'R's music and considered them a worthy adversary. I think relations are pretty good between Metallica and the rest of the old line-up... they just didn't dig Axl's "attidue" at all...

Lars has always had an "Axl fetish" however... hihi

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #356 on: February 09, 2006, 01:29:29 PM »

i think it's very possible to play the same festival when it's a huge event with several bands over the course of a few days.

we're not talking about them touring together or anything.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Origen
« Reply #357 on: February 09, 2006, 01:46:45 PM »

Metallica respects the hell out of GN'R's music and considered them a worthy adversary.

You oviously havn't heard James hetfield's Axl pisstake rant  hihi
WARose
Legend

« Reply #358 on: February 09, 2006, 01:49:22 PM »

Metallica respects the hell out of GN'R's music and considered them a worthy adversary.

You oviously havn't heard James hetfield's Axl pisstake rant  hihi

the rest of gnr, not axl......      and what did he say?   

Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #359 on: February 09, 2006, 02:05:53 PM »

i hope gnr or metallica play at the return of monsters of rock rather than the crappy new band filled download.

As Monsters Of Rock is being headlined by Deep Purple, that ain't gonna happen this year.

Give Peace A Chance...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: