Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:22:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R @ Download festival!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ Download festival!  (Read 75729 times)
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #320 on: February 09, 2006, 05:16:09 AM »

Here's the thing. I love the new band. I love the old band. I love VR. I just want to see something live; at this point I don't care what. I think a reunion would probably be a mistake, from the point of view of getting Chinese Democracy out there. In any case, I really can't see Axl shafting his current band members, who he's been working with for 8 years or so, in favour of some guys he hasn't spoken to in a decade. Especially Tommy, who's been a good friend to him; why woudl Axl drop him and bring back Duff? Here's a wild possibility, though: maybe Slash could be planning to jump ship from VR and sign up with New GN'R? In terms of "who's the most recognizable member of GN'R", Slash would easily come top - and the presence of Axl and Slash onstage together would be enough for those pressmen who don't care that much about research to bill them as a GN'R reunion.

It might still be bad for the band; I'd rather Axl goes out and finds a new guitarist who gels with the other members of New GN'R than getting Slash back just for the headlines... but it might just be the best of both worlds. Fortus leaping around a stage with Slash, with Brain drumming (and he is vastly superior to Adler and Sorum), Finck off doing his weird thing on the side... Random speculation, I know - but it'd be pretty good nonetheless. Smiley

SG
Warren
« Reply #321 on: February 09, 2006, 05:30:55 AM »

Here's the thing. I love the new band. I love the old band. I love VR. I just want to see something live; at this point I don't care what. I think a reunion would probably be a mistake, from the point of view of getting Chinese Democracy out there. In any case, I really can't see Axl shafting his current band members, who he's been working with for 8 years or so, in favour of some guys he hasn't spoken to in a decade. Especially Tommy, who's been a good friend to him; why woudl Axl drop him and bring back Duff? Here's a wild possibility, though: maybe Slash could be planning to jump ship from VR and sign up with New GN'R? In terms of "who's the most recognizable member of GN'R", Slash would easily come top - and the presence of Axl and Slash onstage together would be enough for those pressmen who don't care that much about research to bill them as a GN'R reunion.

It might still be bad for the band; I'd rather Axl goes out and finds a new guitarist who gels with the other members of New GN'R than getting Slash back just for the headlines... but it might just be the best of both worlds. Fortus leaping around a stage with Slash, with Brain drumming (and he is vastly superior to Adler and Sorum), Finck off doing his weird thing on the side... Random speculation, I know - but it'd be pretty good nonetheless. Smiley

SG

I think you are missing the point... as well as many other people. The goal of a reunion wouldn't be just to get attention from the media and sell out stadiums !

The only important thing about a reunion is to try to recapture some chemistry of the past, this kind of very rare thing that only few bands have and that neither NewGnr nor VR will ever have. That's why Duff, Izzy and Slash will always be better for GNR than Stinson, Finck and Fortus ! Because there was a chemistry, and that very special chemistry produced Guns N'Roses.

Probably hard to understand for young fans.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 05:36:07 AM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #322 on: February 09, 2006, 05:57:05 AM »

Why is it hard to understand for you that we have a special thread for all the reunion theories and wishes in the Dead Horse section?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
elevendayempire
Rocker

« Reply #323 on: February 09, 2006, 05:58:27 AM »

Yes, but that chemistry's almost certainly gone; Axl hasn't seen Slash for a decade. And there clearly is chemistry between the members of New GN'R; part of the reason it's taken Axl so long to put the damn band together is that he was trying to find people who worked well together on stage.

A full GN'R reunion would irritate me hugely; it'd screw over all the members of New GN'R who've put years of their lives and careers into supporting Axl, it'd screw over Scott Weiland, and it'd piss all the effort put into making Chinese Democracy out the window. Slash taking over the vacant lead guitarist spot in GN'R would still screw over the rest of VR, but it'd be a better (or a less bad) option, I think, simply from the point of view of the media coverage...

SG
Warren
« Reply #324 on: February 09, 2006, 06:23:52 AM »

Why is it hard to understand for you that we have a special thread for all the reunion theories and wishes in the Dead Horse section?

/jarmo

I just answered to elevendayempire post which was about a reunion. I really find amusing a GN'R fan being hugely irritated by a reunion...
Jarmo, in case you don't want me to post, just tell me.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 06:33:46 AM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
elevendayempire
Rocker

« Reply #325 on: February 09, 2006, 07:05:01 AM »

I just answered to elevendayempire post which was about a reunion. I really find amusing a GN'R fan being hugely irritated by a reunion...
I'd be interested in a reunion, yeah. But I'd still feel annoyed if it were to happen now, for the reasons I gave above. I want to hear this masterwork that Axl's been working on for a decade, not a compromised version created after a reunion.

SG
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #326 on: February 09, 2006, 07:09:34 AM »

Yes, but that chemistry's almost certainly gone; Axl hasn't seen Slash for a decade. And there clearly is chemistry between the members of New GN'R; part of the reason it's taken Axl so long to put the damn band together is that he was trying to find people who worked well together on stage.

A full GN'R reunion would irritate me hugely; it'd screw over all the members of New GN'R who've put years of their lives and careers into supporting Axl, it'd screw over Scott Weiland, and it'd piss all the effort put into making Chinese Democracy out the window. Slash taking over the vacant lead guitarist spot in GN'R would still screw over the rest of VR, but it'd be a better (or a less bad) option, I think, simply from the point of view of the media coverage...

SG

Chemistry happens when the components are there. Guns N' Roses' compontents are Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy.

BTW it's interesting that after various board members write 16 pages mostly about the reunion (and even Jarmo posted some) it turns out to be a Dead Horse.   Huh

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #327 on: February 09, 2006, 07:21:55 AM »

BTW it's interesting that after various board members write 16 pages mostly about the reunion (and even Jarmo posted some) it turns out to be a Dead Horse.? Huh?
There's a difference. There was supposedly insider info and a rumour that they were reuniting for that festival. Had nothing to do with fantasy land shit about a reunion.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 07:36:51 AM by jameslofton29 » Logged

SADIS
« Reply #328 on: February 09, 2006, 07:28:25 AM »

I'd be interested in a reunion, yeah. But I'd still feel annoyed if it were to happen now, for the reasons I gave above. I want to hear this masterwork that Axl's been working on for a decade, not a compromised version created after a reunion.

SG

I think that if that album is so amazing it would have been out already. If the songs are that great, we would have heard them. If the band gelled that great, they would not have not seen each other in 4 years..... my point being that if Axl's vision is/was that great he would have put it out by now......if you have a great band you constantly want to play together, right? That's how it all started and how most bands start, they wanna play together and show the world how great they are. If they themselves thought it is great they would have given it to us.....

I hope I'm wrong and that amazing CD smacks me in the head....but till then, this is my 2 cents.....
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 07:31:01 AM by SADIS » Logged
shaun
« Reply #329 on: February 09, 2006, 07:28:52 AM »

Odd, i posted this message up yesterday and it's gone. So i'll type it again.

I worte: I cannot see Gn'R and Metallica appearing on the same venue ever again. I also wrote: It will be interesting to see if and when Gn'R and VR are to play the same venue. They could always play on different days i suppose. Wouldn't it be funny if Slash and Duff were to watch the new Gn'R and Axl was to watch VR. How weird.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #330 on: February 09, 2006, 07:33:29 AM »

/jarmo

It's as irritating as reading certain female board members go on about Axl's "hotness" in threads that have nothing to do with the subject. Keep it to the thread dedicated to your hopes for a reunion.

Reading about how much you want a reunion, Axl's shorts, how Buckethead never fit in GN'R and how "inside sources" are no inside sources in multiple threads in the GN'R section isn't exactly fun.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #331 on: February 09, 2006, 08:53:51 AM »

Back to the original topic. The news about Download that appeared at 9am this morning that we were waiting for was just to confirm Metallica. Still a vacant headline spot on Sunday i think. Tickets are already on sale so hopefully they'll announce the lineup soon

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #332 on: February 09, 2006, 09:19:12 AM »

It's as irritating as reading certain female board members go on about Axl's "hotness" in threads that have nothing to do with the subject. Keep it to the thread dedicated to your hopes for a reunion.

Yeah they should start a dead horse topic if they already haven't. I personally don't care to read about their sexual fantasies. puke

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #333 on: February 09, 2006, 09:28:20 AM »

Back to the original topic. The news about Download that appeared at 9am this morning that we were waiting for was just to confirm Metallica. Still a vacant headline spot on Sunday i think. Tickets are already on sale so hopefully they'll announce the lineup soon
So the romour was false, oh well  Undecided

No man can be my equal
madagas
« Reply #334 on: February 09, 2006, 09:33:21 AM »

The rumors are false 99.99999% of the time. I honestly don't believe anybody anymore-Axl, band members, Merck, et al. Like my brother said about Axl's last comments on 32 songs and hearing music this year-"it's all smoke and mirrors"-absolutely nothing has changed. I'll believe this cd is coming out when I walk in to the record store and see it on the shelf. Everything else is bullshit. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 09:45:58 AM by madagas » Logged
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #335 on: February 09, 2006, 10:26:04 AM »

The rumors are false 99.99999% of the time. I honestly don't believe anybody anymore-Axl, band members, Merck, et al. Like my brother said about Axl's last comments on 32 songs and hearing music this year-"it's all smoke and mirrors"-absolutely nothing has changed. I'll believe this cd is coming out when I walk in to the record store and see it on the shelf. Everything else is bullshit. Roll Eyes

i think after all these years, you?re not the only one thinking like that hihi     but i think i`d believe axl if he did an announcement tomorrow.....including a release date.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #336 on: February 09, 2006, 10:44:54 AM »

Looking back at the first post of this thread, it doesn't mention anything about a reunited band. It only mentions GN'R.

I guess Ross "The Source" Halfin is the one who started the reunion rumors.....  Huh

/jarmo

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #337 on: February 09, 2006, 10:58:41 AM »

Looking back at the first post of this thread, it doesn't mention anything about a reunited band. It only mentions GN'R.

I guess Ross "The Source" Halfin is the one who started the reunion rumors.....  Huh

/jarmo

I have a feeling that my guess was right...

I still believe that Slash asked Ross to post that...

Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #338 on: February 09, 2006, 11:17:51 AM »

So the romour was false, oh well  Undecided

Well, it was half true, as Ross said that Metallica and GN'R would be playing, and Metallica have now been confirmed.

Unfortunately I think we now have to wait another week to get confirmation of the next couple of bands.

There are still 2 headliners to announce, Friday and Sunday.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #339 on: February 09, 2006, 11:32:36 AM »

/jarmo

I have a feeling that my guess was right...

I still believe that Slash asked Ross to post that...

You might be right considering Mysteron said the rumour was started by someone in the vr camp.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: