Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:36:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R @ Download festival!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ Download festival!  (Read 75816 times)
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #260 on: February 07, 2006, 04:14:32 PM »

I just hope our wait isn't too long.? drool

naah, it is just 4 years since the last tour  drool

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #261 on: February 07, 2006, 04:33:00 PM »

For those of you who still think GN'R are performing at Download, there's gonna be some news on Thursday from the organizers:

DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL 2006 - NEWS COMING SOON!
More announcements due at 9am on Thursday morning for the best rock festival in the UK.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #262 on: February 07, 2006, 04:59:28 PM »

Interesting.......

This will probably be something like ticket availability or the fact that they will have a Rave tent.  Or even better, in a shocking upset organizers have signed headliner Jethro Tull (First Ever Grammy winner for Best Metal Band) in place of Metallica, also on the bill Guns N' Roses Reunion (Featuring members of Adlers Appetite with Traci Guns on guitar)
SADIS
« Reply #263 on: February 07, 2006, 05:07:55 PM »

also on the bill Guns N' Roses Reunion (Featuring members of Adlers Appetite with Traci Guns on guitar)

Whahahah, that's funny!  hihi rofl

I can also see that Jarmo doesn't believe this reunion hype at all since he states "for thoese who still believe...."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #264 on: February 07, 2006, 05:24:40 PM »

Ta Jarmo. So people, keep speculating till Thursday.  Cheesy

I liked Madagas's idea to have GNR and VR play on the different stages at the same time there.

"It" was a band meeting wasn't it?

That's what I've thought from the beginning. Hopefully, if that was the case, something fruitful came from it (photo session, final listen of CD, tour planning, etc.)

However, just as feared, things didn't go so well.  One of them said the final thing could be better...then Axl had to go over it again and Dizzy and Richard had to go back to their sidelines. Cry

Ya Ross must have taken pictures of the newly formed "Original" Guns N' Roses, then they began hammering out tour dates.

Sorry I couldn't resist...............

Good point.  ok I don't know any other Rock band as original as this lineup.
However I bet they'd pick George Chin or someone who weighs their words.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 05:27:07 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #265 on: February 07, 2006, 05:38:57 PM »

Ta Jarmo. So people, keep speculating till Thursday.? Cheesy

I liked Madagas's idea to have GNR and VR play on the different stages at the same time there.

"It" was a band meeting wasn't it?

That's what I've thought from the beginning. Hopefully, if that was the case, something fruitful came from it (photo session, final listen of CD, tour planning, etc.)

However, just as feared, things didn't go so well.? One of them said the final thing could be better...then Axl had to go over it again and Dizzy and Richard had to go back to their sidelines. Cry

However I bet they'd pick George Chin or someone who weighs their words.

Things didn't go well??? From what did you conclude that??Or just a guess? Undecided

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #266 on: February 07, 2006, 05:46:15 PM »

Things didn't go well??? From what did you conclude that? Or just a guess? Undecided

Or Just a joke. Tongue
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #267 on: February 07, 2006, 05:47:50 PM »

Things didn't go well??? From what did you conclude that? Or just a guess? Undecided

Or Just a joke. Tongue

you had me there  Grin

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #268 on: February 07, 2006, 06:06:23 PM »

Im sure some of you will get a good kick out of this http://forum.readingfestivalonline.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15451 Especially the part where "axl rose child aka arc" is going around saying slash is back   rofl

whoever said that pulled it out of his ass.
I have never been to that forum as I'm sure is true for ARC also.  The 'event' I spoke of has nothing to do with Slash or the original Guns N' Roses.  Dizzy stated in his email response back to me that he'd rather certain news not appear on the web and therefore I'll respect his request.

don't worry - this event is nothing groundbreaking... it's simply something that might indicate Chinese Democracy's release is coming up.

Btw, chineseblues- you must be one of the most unintelligent persons I've ever communicated with.

Im "untellingent" because I posted a link to a thread where your buddy said slash is back and that someone else said both you and ARC told him? That's some real messed up logic there pal. Roll Eyes
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: February 07, 2006, 06:24:28 PM »

I honestly feel that in Axl's PERFECT world- he's on stage with Slash, Duff, Izzy, etc. performing some sort of collaborative version of the CD songs. He gets his music out there AND he's guaranteed a world-wide "stop the presses" reaction to his new music. I like Finck, Stinson, etc.- but they're not going to generate that type of instant buzz for Axl- it will take time and lots of work. Plus, I think BH's departure was a devastating blow to new GN'R's "stage presence" and "marketability". Hitting the stage with five comparatively vanilla personalities is NOT the same as getting out there with your old crew or with at least one "crowd grabber" like BH. Just my two cents...

I think if we know anything about W. Axl Rose it's that he doesn't care about instant buzz and marketability. His choice of musicians (all talented but not well known) and his lack of public appearance and time to complete the album prove this. There is no way Slash and co. would want to work on CD songs playing Fortus and co.'s parts. Can you really imagine Slash playing the chorus melody in madagascar (which is key to the song and couldn't be taken out) - neither he nor Fortus would be particularly happy. As someone said, Merck crushed the reunion rumour following the Rose's RS interview. This was a like a few days before Halfin's revelation. It's rediculous to think something could change so quickly and it's also rediculous for him to bother crushing the same rumour twice.

Why Halfin said what he did we don't know. I have a feeling he was referring to Metallica's original lineup because he talks about it being dependant on Ulrich getting his act together in the same sentence. Maybe there was some doubt about Ulrich playing so that's why he said the original lineup of Metallica. Then when he realised his error he removed it just to avoid confusion. Incidentally I know the original lineup of Metallica can't happen so don't point that out - he might have meant original as in with Ulrich.

Either way, it can't be true, but we'll see what happens Thursday. Good chance of it being Nu-Gnr. Just wondering how long before the 2002 tour was it confirmed they would be playin gigs. Was the Las Vegas New Year gig a complete surprise - was it rumoured beforehand?

Incidentally I wasn't a fan of GnR back in 2002 and heard very little of the tour here in Britain, so there clearly wasn't as much publicity as in America and certainly not near as much as a U2 tour. I'm not a big U2 fan but still hear loads about them over here when they tour, so whoever said nu-GnR can be as big as U2 is wrong.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #270 on: February 07, 2006, 06:35:52 PM »

well... weeks is pushing it, exciting news within the next few months though I certainly hope so!
First it was 2 weeks, and now its months. How convenient. I see your gonna ride that gravy train until the wheels fall off.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #271 on: February 07, 2006, 06:55:19 PM »

so whoever said nu-GnR can be as big as U2 is wrong.
Ahem, New GNR.  Angry
They can. Who knows. You can't tell the future. You just can't.
Again I don't mean the bigger the better. Size is less important than quality, you know. smoking
But like our mate Buddha Master, I like to think that the best times are ahead of me.

Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #272 on: February 07, 2006, 07:14:30 PM »

Maybe Ross will at least be half right.

Metallica are playing an 'Escape From The Studio Tour' this summer, and will be playing in Dublin on June 11th.

Metallica to headline on the Saturday, leaving an almighty big gap to fill on the Sunday...

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Colt 1911
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #273 on: February 07, 2006, 07:26:05 PM »

God damn man who the fuck cares if theres a reunion, it would suck anyways. Why cant ppl just be happy that guns may play and tour again!!!!!!
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #274 on: February 07, 2006, 08:04:50 PM »

I count on you m88.
So, it it were turning out positive, we may have exciting weeks infornt?

well... weeks is pushing it, exciting news within the next few months though I certainly hope so!

stop stringing people along - if you have something to say, say it
otherwise things are easily misinterpreted

question: did you and/or ARC claim(to anyone) that Slash is back in GNR or did you not?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Seymour_Duncan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #275 on: February 07, 2006, 08:29:29 PM »

Long time watcher, first time poster. There's been a lot of gossip about this on popbitch today (a good rumour board for all things pop and bitch). Various different articles about gnr from people who really don't give a f*ck and actually slag them off. Download is rumoured to be guns & metallica (see below). Don't shoot the messenger, could be bullshit but this sites pretty good and as I said before they aren't fans (source popbitch.com).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The unexpected reunion
makes the brightlights of daybitch today courtesy of bill_squiers. There's legs in that there story, although as is the want of the gods, it's currently off. Although if it will happen it will be at Download as billy explained. GNR will top the bill along with The Prodigy (WTF?) and Metallica, yay! Now, remember when they topped the bill some years ago, Lars pulled out at the last minute and was replaced by drummers from Slayer and Slipknot? Set was very short, missing key member, etc in fear of the massive complaints and breach of contract their manager offered a free UK gig to placate fans. But guess what, no-one complained! Free gig plans were shelved. Some Kind of Monster - best band DVD evah - it's fucking Jerry Springer with guitar heroes.
melancholy_shopping_trolley Wed 8 Feb 0:54, Reply
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #276 on: February 07, 2006, 08:41:56 PM »

I for one think the whole thing is quite exciting!  Cheesy .....I want to believe

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #277 on: February 07, 2006, 10:48:02 PM »

I for one think the whole thing is quite exciting!? Cheesy .....I want to believe

It sure is exciting times, relatively speaking, on the GNR front!? Also, the Popbitch site is full of paprazzi, who usually are the first to disperse the smoke from fires.? It's funny, how the stars despise them, and call them liars; but the real reason they hate them is because they find out the things? (truth)the stars don't want everyone to know (at least 3/4 of the time)!? Well, I talked to a studio musican friend today.? I asked him if he has heard anything regarding GNR when he was in LA working last week.? He said, he has not heard anything in months (although he had not asked anyone).? The last thing he heard, during the summer, was that the new guy's had put down a ton of great musical material, and Axl still had not put down lyrics on much of it.? Someone who claims to know Roy Thomas Baker at popbitch, says the same thing.? Say's that the musicians laid down over 60 songs, and Axl had only sang on six of them.? Say's that the six that are done, are "classics."?

OK, now I am going to analyze the situation a little, like a music company or promoter would.  Axl really has painted himself in a corner.  In fact, without a hit song from Chinese Democacy, the new band would not be a large concert draw.  They could have a nice run in small venues, but would not be able to sell out large venues (like 2002--the curiosity factor in play) even in larger markets, excluding London or NY.  My feeling, from a career standpoint (Axl is smart and seems at peace personally, but I think he still has much fire to succeed in his career--he wants to go down in history as a "great"!), is that Axl is in a tough spot.  He hired an extremely talented bunch of guy's who gave everything they had in writing, and recording phenomenal songs for Chinese Democracy.  For whatever reason, the finished songs have not come about how Axl imagined.  Also, he knows that a bomb, would destroy the past catalog and the GNR mystique forever--thus destroying his immortal "rock god" status.  So he has three choices (this is my opinion):

a)  release CD, get flogged by the media and destoy future/potential financial earnings (reunion would still draw if album is good), but maybe score a major artistic & personal success.

b)  Reform the old band, tour the world , rake in millions, and hope to God that they can put out one more relevant-classic album.

c)  release CD, play a few one off shows with the original band to build all kinds of GNR hype (helps CD sales), and then either tour theatre's (would be their best forum for artistic merit and intimate shows) with the new band, or make a great album with the classic line-up and tour again.

or to preserve his enigma status--totally disapear (does not look like that is happening with all the high profile public appearances--he knows that his Vegas appearances will be reported).

One other thing, some of the new guy's might be fed up (I sensed that in Tommy's voice during the last interview he did--"been in GNR as long as the Replacement were together"--Mat's had what, eight albums during a nine year period?) and are waiting for the contracts to expire to begin other projects officially.  Also, I think it was cool for Dizzy to go the fraternity, but that should have stayed private.  Really, it was not a good career move to have the interview all over the place, and made him look foolish (this makes me wonder how seriously he is taking the prospects of CD coming out?). 

Fun times, my friends

« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 11:13:45 PM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #278 on: February 07, 2006, 11:05:57 PM »

The last thing he heard, during the summer, was that the new guy's had put down a ton of great musical material, and Axl still had not put down lyrics on much of it.? Someone who claims to know Roy Thomas Baker at popbitch, says the same thing.? Say's that the musicians laid down over 60 songs, and Axl had only sang on six of them.? Say's that the six that are done, are "classics."?
If the source you are quoting is reliable, then we aren't even close to this album being released. Although its impossible to vouch for that source and say its 100%accurate, I'm inclined to believe it. A journalist told me last year that hardly any work has been done on CD since 2002. I've always been a little skeptical about that, and actually started to feel more positive about a possible release this year, but there are just so many unknowns when it comes to info about this album. Its very odd. Axl was always pretty open during the making of UYI, and one reason for that is because a shitload of progress was being made. Maybe Axl never hardly speaks because there's nothing to talk about.

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #279 on: February 07, 2006, 11:10:10 PM »

So last summer, Axl had 6 songs done.

In Jan., he told RS that 26 were nearly done(8 months later if you figure summer to be in June).

I see that as a positive sign that the record (CD) is possibly finished and he's working on a followup album like W AXL ROSE poster suggested. peace
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: