Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:26:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R @ Download festival!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ Download festival!  (Read 75856 times)
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: February 07, 2006, 11:22:10 AM »

Im sure some of you will get a good kick out of this http://forum.readingfestivalonline.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15451 Especially the part where "axl rose child aka arc" is going around saying slash is back? ?rofl
So that is the top secret info they held over our heads and refused to tell, then they go to some forum we never even heard of and tell it? Thats pathetic. In the tiny chance that its true, I assume Dizzy has been fired for calling Slash a drug addict.

They knew no one would believe them here so they went to a forum where they would be believed and therefore get attention. Pathetic isnt it?Not only is it pathetic, it just proves they don't know shit.

this is what was said in that link:

Those guys called Madagascar88 and Axl Rose Child told me that Slash is back in GN'R !

Lol, so this was the "news" Madagascar88 was saying was top secret?

surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Roll Eyes
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #221 on: February 07, 2006, 11:23:44 AM »

Those guys called Madagascar88 and Axl Rose Child told me that Slash is back in GN'R !

Did they? Really? confused

I understand you can argue either side of the coin. I'm just taking the piss with U2. Gnr was on that level but comparing Gnr to Beatlemania is ridiculous. For christ's sakes, I am not even talking about how big Metallica was in 92-93 or Nirvana. You guys just act like Gnr was the only big rock band on the planet during that time and that is silly.
I totally agree.

I think you're right about U2 having been bigger in a sense. Save that you never know the future. 
Or Avril is bigger than U2 because she sells more at the moment.
I hear once Bono was even voted for the sexist man in the world by the play girl magazine readers.
U2 is a damn stable band with stable worldwide popularity. I'm not even a fan of bono's singing but I'm a realist.

Not that the bigger the better.
W, Axl Rose is not after fame, money or popularity is he?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 11:26:34 AM by ppbebe » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #222 on: February 07, 2006, 11:28:46 AM »

jesus... i'll put it down in laymans terms... Dizzy is participating in some event within a week ok? I will not be within a thousand miles of him when this event occurs so I will not know anything of what it produced.? It is what this event is and more importantly whose participating in said event that I'm keeping to myself.

That's what Madagascar88 said about Dizzy's "secret" so I dont think that has anything to do with ARC's comment (M88 posted that on Jan 24 and a week later is Jan 31) So what event was it and what was the big deal about it?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 11:32:11 AM by Neemo » Logged

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #223 on: February 07, 2006, 11:29:07 AM »

I'm talking worlwide album sales and worlwide concert ticket sales during that timeframe (87 - 93)-not album sales from 93 on and career totals-even though U2 HAS MORE ALBUM SALES IN THE US than Gnr-check riaa again-bestsellers (50.5 million to 36.5 million). Concert ticket sales are every bit as important as album sales. Whatever generates revenue. Gnr fans simply exaggerate the truth-fanboy mentality. Guns was big-no doubt-clearly top two, right there with U2. Just not as dominating as we like to think they were.  peace

you forget about the fact that gnr had 6 active years to achieve those sales and U2 25.................    in total u2 is bigger, but considering gnr existed only 6 years ( to the public) it`s safe to say they are in that aspect...

and well......  yeah   slash is back!! cool!!! Undecided
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 11:33:14 AM by WARose » Logged

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #224 on: February 07, 2006, 11:31:29 AM »

jesus... i'll put it down in laymans terms... Dizzy is participating in some event within a week ok? I will not be within a thousand miles of him when this event occurs so I will not know anything of what it produced.? It is what this event is and more importantly whose participating in said event that I'm keeping to myself.

That's what Madagascar88 said about Dizzy's "secret" what event was it? And what was the big deal about it?
Maybe Dizzy got to be in the same room while Axl and Slash bonded again. hihi

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2006, 11:33:14 AM »

Warose his argument was not about what band was better.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #226 on: February 07, 2006, 11:37:35 AM »

Warose his argument was not about what band was better.

qppbebe: yeah i know that.......      i was just referring to that particular timeframe (87-93).  and i think gnr were bigger then. gnr sold 36.5 million records in america and had 6 popular years. u2 sold 50 million in 25 years of activity. i think this discussion wasn`t about which band is bigger in general.....

Get tickets for Reading/Leeds.

GnR are going to headline.
Some last minute paperwork holding up an announcement.

hihi ok
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 11:40:08 AM by WARose » Logged

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Origen
« Reply #227 on: February 07, 2006, 11:40:30 AM »

Did they? Really? confused

I understand you can argue either side of the coin. I'm just taking the piss with U2. Gnr was on that level but comparing Gnr to Beatlemania is ridiculous. For christ's sakes, I am not even talking about how big Metallica was in 92-93 or Nirvana. You guys just act like Gnr was the only big rock band on the planet during that time and that is silly.
I totally agree.

I think you're right about U2 having been bigger in a sense. Save that you never know the future.?
Or Avril is bigger than U2 because she sells more at the moment.
I hear once Bono was even voted for the sexist man in the world by the play girl magazine readers.
U2 is a damn stable band with stable worldwide popularity. I'm not even a fan of bono's singing but I'm a realist.

Not that the bigger the better.
W, Axl Rose is not after fame, money or popularity is he?

qppbebe: yeah i know that.......      i was just referring to that particular timeframe (87-93).  and i think gnr were bigger then. gnr sold 36.5 million records in america and had 6 popular years. u2 sold 50 million in 25 years of activity. i think this discussion wasn`t about which band is bigger in general.....

Why are people still bringing up u2 again in this topic ?Roll Eyes
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #228 on: February 07, 2006, 12:03:05 PM »

Is Korn also playing this festival?

If they are, maybe that is why Axl went to their tour party.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #229 on: February 07, 2006, 12:07:53 PM »

They are. I doubt that it's the reason.

Why are people still bringing up u2 again in this topic  Roll Eyes

My post was not really about U2 .
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #230 on: February 07, 2006, 12:55:59 PM »

I'm still very surprised by the lack of an official response to this rumor. There tends to be a pretty quick response to this kind of "community" uproar from at least a managment insider (Mysteron) or a direct release from Merck or his assistant.

I also don't see it as easy to write off the souce as others here do. Ross has a working relationship with Merck as well as VR. Also no one seems to have questioned what the feature he has to do copy for is about. He could be doing the photo's and captions for a feature running in a major publication regarding this reunion. I'm surprised more hasn't been made of that.

Was there ever any metion about the photographer doing the pics for the (supposed) Rolling stone cover featuring Axl and Zack (Formerly of Rage)?
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #231 on: February 07, 2006, 01:08:01 PM »

I'm still very surprised by the lack of an official response to this rumor. There tends to be a pretty quick response to this kind of "community" uproar from at least a managment insider (Mysteron) or a direct release from Merck or his assistant.

I also don't see it as easy to write off the souce as others here do. Ross has a working relationship with Merck as well as VR. Also no one seems to have questioned what the feature he has to do copy for is about. He could be doing the photo's and captions for a feature running in a major publication regarding this reunion. I'm surprised more hasn't been made of that.

Was there ever any metion about the photographer doing the pics for the (supposed) Rolling stone cover featuring Axl and Zack (Formerly of Rage)?

Good post. Yeah you can argue 'management don't need to squash every little rumour' but if it puts a stop to 12 page threads then its a good thing! Also, given the other media outlets spreading this rumour (can't remember where) I thought they'd have said something.

Ross did refer to the Classic Rock cover - maybe there is something in there? I haven't received mine this month yet.

I doubt Ross would work for the new GNR band.

Finally, the point about the Axl not needing 'Money, Fame or Fortune'? If there is a re-union imo it kinda makes a mockery of this. Maybe not if he releases Chinese Democracy first, but I want to see him try to make a go of it alone (so to speak)

Here today...ready to rock
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #232 on: February 07, 2006, 01:14:48 PM »

No. maybe it's simply because that's not supposed.  Wink

Management say that this is not true
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #233 on: February 07, 2006, 01:16:29 PM »

This thread is turning into the "Axl and Izzy to play Atlanta Bar Hoax" thread.

Management already denied it, yet people still think something is happening. no
madagas
« Reply #234 on: February 07, 2006, 01:18:02 PM »

Tank, this reunion thing has not been shot down yet......that is the main thing people are concerned with. Maybe the Edge has joined the band now?? hihi It's as probable as Slash! hihi Just joking Jarmo....and Coma/Neemo!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #235 on: February 07, 2006, 01:21:15 PM »

This thread is turning into the "Axl and Izzy to play Atlanta Bar Hoax" thread.

Management already denied it, yet people still think something is happening. no

no management hasn't denied it, that's why it's a bit intriguing. That Mysteron quote, posted by ppbebe, was concerning Zack DeLaRocha and Axl Rose being on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine

@ Madagas rofl rofl

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #236 on: February 07, 2006, 01:26:22 PM »

Tank, this reunion thing has not been shot down yet......that is the main thing people are concerned with. Maybe the Edge has joined the band now?? hihi It's as probable as Slash! hihi Just joking Jarmo....and Coma/Neemo!
LOL....... (does the edge know how to solo??) j/k

As far as dolphin and ppbebe's posts about managment shooting down the rumor:

I know managment shot down the rumor that GnR would be playing the Download Festival. I'm not as concerned about anyone being at that concert, as I am the possible news of a Guns N' Roses reunion. It seems odd that they haven't made a single comment regarding a reunion, which would more than likely spell the end of the new lineup as we know it. Seems kind of important.......
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #237 on: February 07, 2006, 01:27:35 PM »

YeahMysterons comment was about the Rolling stone cover featuring Axl and Zack.
But Merck has already denied the reunion rumour in the M88 thread...Oh wait, was it originally from the sp1at?
BTW I love the edge's guitar. Oh shut up, tank! Lips Sealed
madagas
« Reply #238 on: February 07, 2006, 01:32:06 PM »

Does Robin Finck know how to solo?! *drops down below his desk as Tank fires a bazooka at him* Life doesn't revolve around guitar solos-Just kidding-well maybe. I don't think management has shot down Download either. Undecided
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #239 on: February 07, 2006, 01:33:09 PM »

But Merck has already denied the reunion rumour in the M88 thread...Oh wait, was it originally from the sp1at?

Oops!! I missed that one Undecided

Does Robin Finck know how to solo?! *drops down below his desk as Tank fires a bazooka at him*

Lets not dig up that bag of bones again rofl rofl

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: