Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:35:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R @ Download festival!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ Download festival!  (Read 75909 times)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #180 on: February 07, 2006, 02:14:54 AM »

So is Halfin a liar, a leaker, or something in between? I don't know-but I just can't believe that after all the acrimony these guys have had for the last decade plus that they would suddenly agree to it:

-VR is coming off a succesful freshman run and is/was supposedly writing a concept record due in the summer-Axl is apparently working on his 32 tracks---to me, to any possible reunion would mean a) an astronomical shitload of money was dumped in front of these guys b) things got derailed in both respective camps (weiland problems, tommy leaving, things along those lines).

i wont buy it-yet.

I agree. Maybe something's going on, but there will be no reunion in 2006. But if CD ain't come out this year and VR can't handle Scott, 2007 can be the year of Guns N' Roses.  ok

I mean the classic GN'R with Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy. I don't mind who the drummer is if he fits the band.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Warren
« Reply #181 on: February 07, 2006, 02:29:52 AM »

Actually, I can see in my crystal ball a reunion coming up in 2007.

(Not a New Gnr reunion, a real Guns N'Roses reunion)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #182 on: February 07, 2006, 02:47:26 AM »

This is one freaky thread.lol, imho, I think many are takin BS, that has been proving to be the case bfore from a site, and extrapolating it to zzenith, and at the end of the day, will wind up being jsut that BS.........now with that said, I personally dont think a reunion, WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY down the line is not realsitic. BUT I do believe that what axl has created and built with the mebers that now are GNR, will have thier day, and the fruits of the labors realised. And I think there isa no damn need for mamagement to even commment on stuff that is so far from the truth, but Ill have a chance to talk to richard weds night, Ill talk to him like I always have just a regualr guy. See whats up.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #183 on: February 07, 2006, 06:01:26 AM »

Ill have a chance to talk to richard weds night, Ill talk to him like I always have just a regualr guy. See whats up.
It would be interesting to hear what he says, but why do you think he would know? Not one 'new' member of GNR can even name one song that will be on CD or even say what kind of music it is, so why would he know about Axl communicating with former members?

SADIS
« Reply #184 on: February 07, 2006, 06:04:46 AM »

But isn't it also a bit weird that Richard said in December he would be heading to LA for recording the last bits of CD and now we all are talking about a reunion......Axl must have made up his mind pretty quickly then......I don't believe it....
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #185 on: February 07, 2006, 06:24:36 AM »

But isn't it also a bit weird that Richard said in December he would be heading to LA for recording the last bits of CD
Everyone's favorite excuse can be used for that: Plans change. Obviously there isn't a big chance of this reunion happening, but I just dont understand why the rumour hasn't been killed yet. If Merck can make a comment about Sp1at, why cant he make a comment about this? Why hasn't an attention seeking insider stepped up to the plate and killed this? This is a perfect opportunity for them, so why aren't they taking advantage?

Colt 1911
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: February 07, 2006, 06:35:37 AM »

I think BH's departure was a devastating blow to new GN'R's "stage presence" and "marketability". Hitting the stage with five comparatively vanilla personalities is NOT the same as getting out there with your old crew or with at least one "crowd grabber" like BH. Just my two cents...
Great point. Not many people here are willing to admit that.

By the way, a GNR reunion would be bigger than U2. ok
The current gng going on tour is bigger then us and i hate u2
SADIS
« Reply #187 on: February 07, 2006, 06:57:05 AM »

But isn't it also a bit weird that Richard said in December he would be heading to LA for recording the last bits of CD
Everyone's favorite excuse can be used for that: Plans change. Obviously there isn't a big chance of this reunion happening, but I just dont understand why the rumour hasn't been killed yet. If Merck can make a comment about Sp1at, why cant he make a comment about this? Why hasn't an attention seeking insider stepped up to the plate and killed this? This is a perfect opportunity for them, so why aren't they taking advantage?

Because maybe they haven't heard about it yet? Or maybe they think it's so ridiculous they don't even bother? Did anyone sent an email to Merck or whoever they always contact about these kinda things?

Mysteron? What's going on? Shed some light on this matter.....
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #188 on: February 07, 2006, 06:59:47 AM »

Its a good point that there has been no comment from management but I think if any GN'R is gunna play it, it will be the new line up.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Warren
« Reply #189 on: February 07, 2006, 07:10:56 AM »

Its a good point that there has been no comment from management but I think if any GN'R is gunna play it, it will be the new line up.

peace
The new line-up looks like this : 

peace
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #190 on: February 07, 2006, 07:15:42 AM »

peace
The new line-up looks like this :?

peace

Like Axl said "The new guys can play the fuck outta the old songs"

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #191 on: February 07, 2006, 07:34:23 AM »

Thats funny. hihi In no way,shape, or form does new GNR get bigger than U2. U2 is basically the biggest rock band in the world, and that isn't changing in the near future. I think if Axl embraced the limelight and got much more active, he could have a Bono type career offstage. If you think Axl and this cast of characters will overtake a band that has been established for over 20 years, you are sadly mistaken.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #192 on: February 07, 2006, 08:20:37 AM »

Has anyone considered the possibility that Slash might have asked Ross to post this on his diary, just to see what reactions it would stir?

Maybe he did that to see the vibes of the fanbase, especially after Axl's latest comments about talking to Izzy and "loving" Slash "but"...

But don't you think this would seriousely piss of Axl, again?

And? Haven't they pissed off Axl in the past? Dressing up like New GN'R for Helloween? Hellooooooooo?

Has anyone considered the possibility that Slash might have asked Ross to post this on his diary, just to see what reactions it would stir?

Maybe he did that to see the vibes of the fanbase, especially after Axl's latest comments about talking to Izzy and "loving" Slash "but"...

But don't you think this would seriousely piss of Axl, again?

Why wouldn't he just put something up on Snakepit.org (or whatever) saying he would "be open to a reunion" instead?

Cause that would be a statement in the spirit of "I lose, you win, I want a reunion...".

But now, Ross did Slash a favor and noone gets hurt, cause trust me, Ross didn't get hurt for some text he erased from his diary a few hours later...

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #193 on: February 07, 2006, 08:48:59 AM »

i thought you were the only real realist on this board..... where`s your realism now?  and 3 weeks ago you were positive about CD......      a reunion is possible with slash, duff, matt, traci guns, steven adler, gibly if he?s bored, but no way in hell axl is agreeing to anything like that in the near future......   he`d admit that he failed to record a record without slash and the other guys.......

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Origen
« Reply #194 on: February 07, 2006, 09:06:19 AM »

Thats funny. hihi In no way,shape, or form does new GNR get bigger than U2. U2 is basically the biggest rock band in the world, and that isn't changing in the near future. I think if Axl embraced the limelight and got much more active, he could have a Bono type career offstage. If you think Axl and this cast of characters will overtake a band that has been established for over 20 years, you are sadly mistaken.

Well said.

peace
The new line-up looks like this :?

peace

Like Axl said "The new guys can play the fuck outta the old songs"

peace

And we've heard the new band play the old songs, they don' play the fuck out of them they just fuck them

peace
madagas
« Reply #195 on: February 07, 2006, 09:16:03 AM »

The old band isn't bigger than U2 either... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  rant Never was....never will be.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #196 on: February 07, 2006, 09:24:08 AM »

i thought you were the only real realist on this board..... where`s your realism now??
Well, there's a couple others. hihi But I dont see your point. What was unrealistic about my post that you quoted?

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #197 on: February 07, 2006, 09:29:08 AM »

U2 is a dirty pop band. Guns N`Roses play Rock n Roll! GNR was the BEST in the early 90`s.  U2 never was anything like GNR! They only play simple poprock music which anybody who dont care about music can be able to like. And there is alot of them. Sad But true..

What is true, is that Guns N Roses IS, and will also be (with the new band) a much better rock n roll band, and in the rock n roll/metal socciaty they will always be bigger then U2.

"i sold my soul to make a record, and you bought one"

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #198 on: February 07, 2006, 09:32:24 AM »

The old band isn't bigger than U2 either... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes? rant Never was....never will be.
If you really believe that, then your either one of these new fans that didn't really experience the GNR craze and thinks they know it all, or you just hate the old band. The only thing that rivals GNR 87-91 is Beatlemania.

SADIS
« Reply #199 on: February 07, 2006, 09:34:53 AM »

U2 is a dirty pop band. Guns N`Roses play Rock n Roll! GNR was the BEST in the early 90`s.? U2 never was anything like GNR! They only play simple poprock music which anybody who dont care about music can be able to like. And there is alot of them. Sad But true..

What is true, is that Guns N Roses IS, and will also be (with the new band) a much better rock n roll band, and in the rock n roll/metal socciaty they will always be bigger then U2.

"i sold my soul to make a record, and you bought one"

Nice post. U2 is a nice band but one that is mainly focused on selling records and "making a better world". GNR is a true Rock n Roll band who doesn"t do any compromises in making and selling their music. That's something I appreciate alot.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: