Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:28:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R @ Download festival!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ Download festival!  (Read 75931 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2006, 12:59:08 PM »

This is from the velvet rope.

"To lend a little creedence to the rumor, CAA told me a few weeks ago that Velvet Revolver was unable for a U.S. summer show due to a "potential Guns 'N Roses reunion".

This is getting insane. Its almost not even believable. If this has been considered at some point, and Axl is actually on board with this, do you think he scrapped CD? I know he made mentions of music this year, but I cant picture a reunion and CD taking place in the same year.

Unless CD just comes out as solo axl rose

Do you actually think thats gonna happen? I certainly dont.

Well axl has tons of old songs the orginal band wouldnt want to play. But that is if these rumors are even true which I dont think they are.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2006, 01:00:45 PM »

if a reunion was imminent, one would have expected Dizzy to be a little more "diplomatic" when discussing which version of GN'R was better live in the Cornell interview...
The guy admitted parts of the interview were fabricated. Maybe that was one of the parts.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #142 on: February 06, 2006, 01:02:22 PM »

Axl's musical direction is reportedly as close to straight-ahead rock

It's a complicated album and he's trying to do something different...

Unless CD just comes out as solo axl rose

Or under a new band name....Still unlikely on both fronts.

a reunion would be cool for one show and after that just a rehash of the old days.......

Yeah actually it might ease the reunionists' whines and prove the new band right. Tongue

Or just further prove that the new line up is no more a band than the UK cover band Steven Adler picked to finish his tour. If a reunion happens it will turn NuGnr into a drawnout version of Aerosmith without Joe Perry.

Yeah but with or without perry it's all same to a non Aerosmith fanatic, unless the replacement guy brings in something totally fresh to the band. Can't you stop calling it "nu"?
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #143 on: February 06, 2006, 01:06:14 PM »

Yeah but with or without perry it's all same to a non Aerosmith fanatic, unless the replacement guy brings in something totally fresh to the band. Can't you stop calling it "nu"?

GnR= Axl, Slash, Duff, and whom ever they feel fit's, with out that core it's not GnR, so I have to call it something.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2006, 01:07:38 PM »

GnR= Axl, Slash, Duff, and whom ever they feel fit's, with out that core it's not GnR, so I have to call it something.

To YOU maybe, but don't try and speak for everyone. Gnr is/was and always will be Axl to me, with Izzy at a distant second. They were the ones who wrote the vast majority of the songs.
madagas
« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2006, 01:09:00 PM »

I will lose alot of respect for Axl if he screws Tommy over. He has been quite loyal and supportive of this bullshit. Maybe it will be just a one time thing. It would be neat to see the old band play a set of old classics then have the new band come out and play Chinese Democracy. One can dream. Cheesy
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2006, 01:10:13 PM »

The reason why manangement has said NOTHING to this is because they know it's a ridiculous assumption so why bother to even make a statement about it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2006, 01:10:56 PM »

I will lose alot of respect for Axl if he screws Tommy over. He has been quite loyal and supportive of this bullshit. Maybe it will be just a one time thing. It would be neat to see the old band play a set of old classics then have the new band come out and play Chinese Democracy. One can dream. Cheesy

Well he wont be screwing Tommy over since people keep saying that Tommy might be quitting guns for SA.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2006, 01:14:26 PM »

The reason why manangement has said NOTHING to this is because they know it's a ridiculous assumption so why bother to even make a statement about it.

Maybe management doesn't know! rofl
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2006, 01:14:50 PM »

To YOU maybe, but don't try and speak for everyone. Gnr is/was and always will be Axl to me, with Izzy at a distant second. They were the ones who wrote the vast majority of the songs.

She asked why "I" can't stop calling them Nu. Seemed like a fairly simple question, with a simple answer..... but thanks for not understanding the idea that I can have an opinion.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #150 on: February 06, 2006, 01:17:59 PM »

Amen to madagas.
Against the rumours, he hasn't quit.

To me GNR is always the band which members share Axl's goals.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2006, 01:22:09 PM »

Can't you stop calling it "nu"?
Anyone, including myself, who experienced firsthand what Guns N Roses were all about, will always refer to this CD era as 'new' GNR.

phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #152 on: February 06, 2006, 01:23:31 PM »

Would be one of the greatest burts back onto the mainsream if they got themselves ( axl, duff and slash ) back on good terms and back on the road!.............and maybe back with new material? Cheesy

But with axl you never know whats gonna happen..............today he will be all for it..................tomorrow he could deny everything and claim it was the management who did it without his knowledge. Undecided

Time will tell.............all we can do is wait. ?peace

-------and time goes by-------
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2006, 01:24:01 PM »

Amen to madagas.
Against the rumours, he hasn't quit.

To me GNR is always the band which members share Axl's goals.

So if the only people he can get aboard the "Axl Train" are Gunnar Nelson and the various KISS replacment players, but they kiss his ass and will wait till the end of time to finish an album, that would be Guns N' Roses to you??

Interesting.......
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2006, 01:41:19 PM »

Since when Sharing the goals with someone implys kissing someone's ass?  Roll Eyes

Anyone, including myself, who experienced firsthand what Guns N Roses were all about, will always refer to this CD era as 'new' GNR.

That's totally understandable. But to put it as "Nu" is quite different, don't you think? I sense some kind of ridicule and hostility in the word.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #155 on: February 06, 2006, 01:44:31 PM »

This is from the velvet rope.

"To lend a little creedence to the rumor, CAA told me a few weeks ago that Velvet Revolver was unable for a U.S. summer show due to a "potential Guns 'N Roses reunion".

Koplik, one of the biggest promoters in CT, has reported that he has been contacted about VR shows this summer but with no firm dates yet.

Given that came directly from the horse's mouth (Jim Koplik).....I tend to believe him more than a poster at the velvel rope.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SADIS
« Reply #156 on: February 06, 2006, 01:48:22 PM »

Wow, Axl and other people related to GNR must be laughing their ass off while reading this thread. Don't you guys think it's a little too much to seriously discuss this matter over what somebody who doesn't even speak to Axl anymore has put on his website? And took it off the next day?

I can understand everybody wants this reunion to happen including me but I ain't getting my hopes up just over this "comment".

oh, and I will eat my shoes if this turns out to be true and Ross Halfin actually knew it.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #157 on: February 06, 2006, 01:50:38 PM »

Since when Sharing the goals with someone implys kissing someone's ass?? Roll Eyes

Maybe Ass kissing was to strong a phrase, but you get my point. If you take every fill-in player from KISS' career and throw them in GnR with Axl..... just because they "Share Axl's Goal's" (I would like to know what those are) you would call that Guns N' Roses??

Maybe it's because I was a fan of the old band longer that the new band has existed so it is hard for me to part with the idea of "Guns N' Roses". But how can someone just blindly attach themselves to Axl and any 4 musicians "That share his goals" and call that Guns N' Roses with out an identifier that this isn't the band that created that name and it's place in Rock and Roll History.

-------------------------------------------------------

But back to the original subject here...... Do you think that Velvet Rope is just taking the line from Ross Halfin's Diary and making a story around it?

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #158 on: February 06, 2006, 01:54:03 PM »

this is getting insane now.....     don`t you guys understand now why axl doesn`t really want to speak to the media???
he said he loves slash, but.....and that he spoke to izzy the other day.  some articles on the internet interpreted that as a hint of a reunion and now rumours are floating around................BULLSHIT!!!

but you`ll see it at the end of the day.....   

NEWGNR RULES!! hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #159 on: February 06, 2006, 02:00:18 PM »

Wow, Axl and other people related to GNR must be laughing their ass off while reading this thread. Don't you guys think it's a little too much to seriously discuss this matter over what somebody who doesn't even speak to Axl anymore has put on his website? And took it off the next day?

I can understand everybody wants this reunion to happen including me but I ain't getting my hopes up just over this "comment".

oh, and I will eat my shoes if this turns out to be true and Ross Halfin actually knew it.

Axl wouldn't be the only participating member of a reunion. Ross does have a working relationship with Slash and VR. Also the last time he posted Axl info, he then pulled it off with a note complaining about "us" bothering him. This time it just dispapeared, he seems like the type of guy who would have thrown a jab in there. Maybe he was aked nicely be an interested partner (Slash??) to remove the bit of info.

But whenever Pilferk comes in with info that begins to prove or disprove a rumor, I tend to believe the info he has..... so who knows.....
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: