Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:25:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R @ Download festival!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ Download festival!  (Read 75920 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2006, 11:31:42 AM »

it would take a while to put together, but to say "there isnt going to be a reunion anytime in the next decade at least so get over it" is insane.

Some people are just holding on too tight to the idea that NuGnr are a band that will matter. Axl has that senario hostage, and I don't seem to see him letting go of it.

I think he is questioiung the new band in his head, why take this long to release something unless you aren't confident. It just seems odd that Axl has gone from random snide remarks about the old members to random kind remarks. Plus it makes no sense for Ross Halfin to make up a story about the band reuniting, he gains nothing from it except angry email from a few thousand board members and an interview with Big Boss over at SP1AT.

Do I think it will happen in the next 6 months no, do I think Axl will tour with Slash and Duff before he ever gets on stage with Robin and Tommy....Yes
Now thats a sensible post among this wild speculation, and I basically agree with it. Its obvious by now that CD isnt gonna rule the universe, and hopes like that were insane to begin with. Even Axl realizes this. His recent comments were much more down to earth, and he doesnt seem to be trying to make the best record ever. I also agree with you about Slash taking the stage with Axl before Tommy or Robin ever does. I have always thought there wouldnt be a tour following CD. He'll release the album, maybe do a few interviews to promote it, and thats it. With no one in GNR besides Axl knowing what's going on for years, its becoming obvious that not only are they out of the loop, but probably wont be included in any promotion for the record. They were basically musicians for hire, and thats about it. But the least Axl can do for those guys is release the album and let those guys advance their careers off of the possibly brilliant work they contributed to CD.

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2006, 11:33:18 AM »

Is there a specific cause for this festival?  I mean, like Rock in Rio deals with abused children, right?

So does anyone know if this download festival thing is also supporting a cause? 

That is maybe the only reason why I could see a reunion then.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #122 on: February 06, 2006, 11:34:48 AM »

It is rather odd that Merck hasn't shot this rumor down.? Especially a rumor that is so detrimental against NuGNR.
Something else thats strange is all the forum "insiders" haven't said one word about anything in awhile.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2006, 11:43:45 AM »

i actually don`t think that anything is strange at the moment..... it justs gets boring again after the little tidbit of news we got.............      there will be no reunion!!   axl actually planned to tour at least two years straight in and after '02 but he didn`t make it for some reason.   and i don`t think he`ll hide again if CD`s ready. He`s not out in public, because he doesn`t want to deal with all the questions and bullshit at the moment i assume.....and he doesn`t tell anything because there isn`t much to tell.... he`s watching films, reading books and completing a record.... that`s it...    there`s nothing to talk about so people are starting to read into axl`s last comments a little to much....   mark my words, there will be no reunion.    at least not in the next 10 years. and if actually one happens, it will be a one show event....      but well......   i might be proven wrong....but good luck with that hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2006, 11:46:35 AM »

I once said I would never get back with my old girlfriend.  Well guess what, I ran into her at a bar and took her home.  Now it doesn't seem like such a crazy idea.  Its been a couple years and all of a sudden....Bam, something changes.  I guess my point is, never say never.  Yes, there will be a reunion.  I don't give a shit what insiders say.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2006, 11:54:12 AM »

a reunion would be cool for one show and after that just a rehash of the old days.......

Yeah actually it might ease the reunionists' whines and prove the new band right. Tongue

He sucks in that he seems to have a compulsion to get attention OR just knock axl repeatedly...im not questioning his talent as a photographer. just his character.

IMO whether there's no truth to his story or not, He's taking the piss out of us.
Maybe it's his payback for the flood of gunners mails.
Same to a Good musician, a Good photographer doesn't mean a man of good character or mature behavior. They say Who keeps company with the wolf will learn to cry wolf, you know.

I personally wouldn't know of his name or pay a visit to his site if were not for this board.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 11:57:40 AM by ppbebe » Logged
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2006, 12:22:09 PM »

a reunion would be cool for one show and after that just a rehash of the old days.......

Yeah actually it might ease the reunionists' whines and prove the new band right. Tongue

Or just further prove that the new line up is no more a band than the UK cover band Steven Adler picked to finish his tour. If a reunion happens it will turn NuGnr into a drawnout version of Aerosmith without Joe Perry.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #127 on: February 06, 2006, 12:29:06 PM »

He took out the bit about the oringal band to be playing.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2006, 12:32:22 PM »

He removed all mention of that show. I'm sure he got a few emails from here, just didn't want to give us the satisfaction of calling us a bunch of Wankers in his Diary.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2006, 12:38:36 PM »

Thats not surprising. He knew the comments were gonna start whats going on right now, so he took it out. What's making me think it could be legit is the total silence from the "insiders" Dave, you know as well as anyone else, that whenever a reunion or something else not likely to ever happen gets mentioned, the "insiders" show their faces and always shoot down stupid rumours that will never happen. Its easy for them to do, and it bolsters their credibility to alot of the GNR community. They haven't said one fucking word since before that Dizzy interview. I cant believe I'm gonna say this, but maybe Madagascar88 wasn't bullshitting, and this is that huge top secret info he was referring to. He said we'd hear something in about 2 weeks. We've approached that time.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2006, 12:46:41 PM »

About Dizzy's news:

I know there are plans for the "current members" starting up soon, but is anyone booked for anything tonight for example??

This is out of left field, but what would the chances of a suprise show in Vegas on Axl's birthday, no pub, just a few flyers "The Frog's live at the Joint feturing special Guests" some shit like that.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2006, 12:47:48 PM »

This is from the velvet rope.

"To lend a little creedence to the rumor, CAA told me a few weeks ago that Velvet Revolver was unable for a U.S. summer show due to a "potential Guns 'N Roses reunion".

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2006, 12:52:10 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=25007.0

for shits and giggles, read the last comment by Axl himself peace
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2006, 12:52:42 PM »

"To lend a little creedence to the rumor, CAA told me a few weeks ago that Velvet Revolver was unable for a U.S. summer show due to a "potential Guns 'N Roses reunion".

This is getting insane. Its almost not even believable. If this has been considered at some point, and Axl is actually on board with this, do you think he scrapped CD? I know he made mentions of music this year, but I cant picture a reunion and CD taking place in the same year.  Would he use the global buzz of a reunion to promote CD?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 12:54:20 PM by jameslofton29 » Logged

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2006, 12:53:30 PM »

This is getting insane. Its almost not even believable. If this has been considered at some point, and Axl is actually on board with this, do you think he scrapped CD? I know he made mentions of music this year, but I cant picture a reunion and CD taking place in the same year.

Unless CD just comes out as solo axl rose

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2006, 12:53:56 PM »

When I made my deal with Devil for the scrapping of NuGnR and the Reformation of Guns N' Roses, I never really signed anything, do you think I will need to hold up my end of the bargain??
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #136 on: February 06, 2006, 12:54:45 PM »

I can't stop thinking about three things.... Axl's musical direction is reportedly as close to straight-ahead rock (with a heavy dose of Queen... but that's always been Axl's style) as it has been in years... it's undeniable that the return of Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin' on the same stage would be an INTERNATIONAL PHENOMMENON... and Tommy Stinson's quote a year or so back that he wouldn't fault Axl if he ever decided to get back together with the original line-up (I think the nu-GN'R members have always known that the "risk" was there.... so I don't think they would be as "blind-sided" by this if it were to go down as many of us are claiming... just as long as they get their $$$ and any royalties/credits they've earned... I can see them walking away "ok").

One counter-argument... if a reunion was imminent, one would have expected Dizzy to be a little more "diplomatic" when discussing which version of GN'R was better live in the Cornell interview...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #137 on: February 06, 2006, 12:56:03 PM »

If they do get back together I'll probably be evicted for trying to get to that show by using my rent money to get there. Grin

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2006, 12:57:26 PM »

If that happens, the former gunners section of this forum just got alot bigger.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2006, 12:57:45 PM »

This is getting insane. Its almost not even believable. If this has been considered at some point, and Axl is actually on board with this, do you think he scrapped CD? I know he made mentions of music this year, but I cant picture a reunion and CD taking place in the same year.

Do you actually think thats gonna happen? I certainly dont.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: