Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:28:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R @ Download festival!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ Download festival!  (Read 75980 times)
Warren
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2006, 05:14:32 AM »

A reunion just ain't happening. And thats reality.

And you know that for sure... hihi
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2006, 07:06:41 AM »

A reunion just ain't happening. And thats reality.

And you know that for sure... hihi

Im just basing this off the known facts.. not wishful thinking.

gnrevolution.com
Warren
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2006, 07:54:57 AM »

VR is coming out with a new album in Julyish.. a tour is bound to follow.. ..Slash and Duff are behind that band 100%..

Not sure that everything is going that well in VR...
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2006, 08:51:01 AM »

As much as I would love to see a reunion, I believe it's not gonna happen.  The fact of the matter is, Axl and Geffen have spent 13 million on CD.  Unless Axl releases it under his own name, NuGNR are gonna have to promote this album.

But, if CD comes out under the name Axl Rose, Then the reunion speculations will fly all over the place.  I would much rather see this scenerio as I would take the old band over the current one any day.

Warren
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2006, 09:01:57 AM »

The fact of the matter is, Axl and Geffen have spent 13 million on CD.? Unless Axl releases it under his own name, NuGNR are gonna have to promote this album.

It would be less risky for Axl and Geffen to recoup the costs of the album touring with the old band (or at least with part of it) rather than with the new one.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2006, 09:16:18 AM »

The fact of the matter is, Axl and Geffen have spent 13 million on CD.? Unless Axl releases it under his own name, NuGNR are gonna have to promote this album.

It would be less risky for Axl and Geffen to recoup the costs of the album touring with the old band (or at least with part of it) rather than with the new one.

Thats true.? Maybe Axl releases CD under his own name and just won't tour in support of it (kinda like the Beatles).? This could happen.? Here are some of my thoughts that could lead to a reunion:

1) Scott Weiland is going to be busy writing another solo album as well as writing a book.

2) Axl has been in contact with Izzy.

3) We pretty much know that all Axl has to do is call the old guys up in regards to a reunion.

4) From what we understand, the NuGNR group hasn't all been together since 02.

5) Axl knows the reprecussions (all the bullshit questions) of continuing under the name GNR.

6) The truckload of money involved with a reunion.

7) EDIT** Now it seems that Scott is launching a clothing line as well as co-star in a new upcoming film.

The Stones are able to tour for 40 years with Mick and Keith hating each other.? You can keep Axl and the others seperated and still have a good tour.?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 09:25:52 AM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

sandman
Legend

« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2006, 09:18:18 AM »

if they got back together and slash recorded the material for CD, geffen would make their money back in a month.

and it would be one of the biggest and most talked about tours of the decade.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2006, 09:21:26 AM »

if they got back together and slash recorded the material for CD, geffen would make their money back in a month.

Could you imagine the wait for CD then? hihi  Slash would want his say on CD.  Theres no way in hell Slash would just do what Axl told him to do.  You would have a better chance of scrapping CD and just start a new album with the old guys.  Hell, I would go for that. ok  but I still would want CD.  Kinda like having my cake and eating it too.

neilh666
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2006, 09:54:02 AM »

If there was a reunion I think the other guys would re-negotiate a stronger share in the rights to the Guns 'n' Roses band name than they had after signing away the rights to Axl during the early 90's.

Plus being in a relatively strong negotiating position, they would probably insist that if Chinese Democracy ever see the light of day then it would have to be as an Axl solo album.

Personally I think we would have heard a lot more rumours in the run up to announcement.? We knew the Crue were attempting to reform 3 months before they held a press conference. Closer to GnR situation we knew every step of the evolution of the band that became Velvet Revolver during the two years before Contraband came out. Having said Scott W has got an awful lot planned this spring.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2006, 10:32:28 AM »

If there was a reunion I think the other guys would re-negotiate a stronger share in the rights to the Guns 'n' Roses band name than they had after signing away the rights to Axl during the early 90's.

Plus being in a relatively strong negotiating position, they would probably insist that if Chinese Democracy ever see the light of day then it would have to be as an Axl solo album.

Personally I think we would have heard a lot more rumours in the run up to announcement.? We knew the Crue were attempting to reform 3 months before they held a press conference. Closer to GnR situation we knew every step of the evolution of the band that became Velvet Revolver during the two years before Contraband came out. Having said Scott W has got an awful lot planned this spring.

Maybe Step1 had happened and Halfin reported it...

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2006, 10:39:47 AM »

Oh please, there isnt going to be a reunion anytime in the next decade at least so get over it  ok
Warren
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2006, 10:53:55 AM »

Oh please, there isnt going to be a reunion anytime in the next decade at least so get over it? ok
Please read the first post on this page.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2006, 10:57:29 AM »

Oh please, there isnt going to be a reunion anytime in the next decade at least so get over it? ok

There's a big difference between "won't happen" and "you don't want it to happen"

Right now there is just as good a chance that they will reunite as there is of CD being released and the current lineup touring, so "Get over it"......
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2006, 11:09:43 AM »

Right now there is just as good a chance that they will reunite as there is of CD being released and the current lineup touring, so "Get over it"......
You make a fairly good point, although there is definitely some wild speculating going on. You guys have Scott going solo, Slash, Duff, and Matt ditching VR, and the AFD era GNR reuniting. All in the same year!  rofl The scenario you guys have running through your heads is of course possible(anything's possible), but I have to agree with Chineseblues. Its not gonna happen at the speed of light. With Axl, you got to take things one decade at a time. hihi I can easily imagine a one show reunion, but thats all that would happen. Plus, doing this reunion would throw the status of CD into a tailspin. I cant imagine the "hired guns" sitting around waiting for CD while Axl goes and sings Jungle with the old guys. It would be a total lack of respect and a slap in the face to Robin and Tommy, who have been waiting almost a decade for CD to get off the ground. Axl needs to release CD, then he can split amicably with the 'new' guys, and after that old GNR can do a reunion tour around the solar system if they feel like. But I would rather have CD then hear Jungle again.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2006, 11:15:26 AM »

I cant imagine the "hired guns" sitting around waiting for CD while Axl goes and sings Jungle with the old guys. It would be a total lack of respect and a slap in the face to Robin and Tommy, who have been waiting almost a decade for CD to get off the ground. Axl needs to release CD, then he can split amicably with the 'new' guys, and after that old GNR can do a reunion tour around the solar system if they feel like. But I would rather have CD then hear Jungle again.

Amen. Where's Merck when you need him to kill a rumour once and for all.

Here today...ready to rock
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2006, 11:20:34 AM »

it would take a while to put together, but to say "there isnt going to be a reunion anytime in the next decade at least so get over it" is insane.

Some people are just holding on too tight to the idea that NuGnr are a band that will matter. Axl has that senario hostage, and I don't seem to see him letting go of it.

I think he is questioiung the new band in his head, why take this long to release something unless you aren't confident. It just seems odd that Axl has gone from random snide remarks about the old members to random kind remarks. Plus it makes no sense for Ross Halfin to make up a story about the band reuniting, he gains nothing from it except angry email from a few thousand board members and an interview with Big Boss over at SP1AT.

Do I think it will happen in the next 6 months no, do I think Axl will tour with Slash and Duff before he ever gets on stage with Robin and Tommy....Yes
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2006, 11:22:15 AM »

I cant imagine the "hired guns" sitting around waiting for CD while Axl goes and sings Jungle with the old guys. It would be a total lack of respect and a slap in the face to Robin and Tommy, who have been waiting almost a decade for CD to get off the ground. Axl needs to release CD, then he can split amicably with the 'new' guys, and after that old GNR can do a reunion tour around the solar system if they feel like. But I would rather have CD then hear Jungle again.

Amen. Where's Merck when you need him to kill a rumour once and for all.
You got that right. If there is ever a time we actually need Merck, its now. This thing's gonna spiral out of control. Pretty soon some of these guys will have the original Hollywood Rose or L.A. Guns getting back together, or speculation that Slash decided after all to join Poison. hihi Somebody needs to make an official statement and either confirm or deny this.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2006, 11:24:35 AM »

It is rather odd that Merck hasn't shot this rumor down.  Especially a rumor that is so detrimental against NuGNR.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2006, 11:25:06 AM »

Yeah their silence is uncanny. Doesn't seem a good sign. nervous

Maybe Step1 had happened and Halfin reported it...
hihi

if CD comes out under the name Axl Rose, Then the reunion.....

That'll be the day. My interest in GNR or AXL would fall extremely low.
I'm not big on solo acts in general or on alumni meetings of uncles.

Yet, as much as I'd be disheartened I wouldn't go on at Axl to reunite with the new guys. That'd be disrespectful to whoever in the band. I'm not a thoughtless pest. I just wouldn't.  no

If it was to happen, I'd rather Robin Brain Richard Tommy Dizzy Chris and BH team up to make their Chinese Democracy. 
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2006, 11:25:24 AM »

well.........    the point is: a reunion would be cool for one show and after that just a rehash of the old days.......

and do you guys seriously think axl rose records an album for 10 years ( i don`t believe it`s ten years, but it sounds better...........................) and then he just gives up and admits that he failed?Huh  NO FUCKIN`WAY!!!

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: