Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:15:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R @ Download festival!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ Download festival!  (Read 75951 times)
Warren
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2006, 04:08:22 PM »

If that's reliable, Axl better get this thing rolling.? 4 months isn't that much time.? ? Cool
You mean for a reunion ?

No.? I've been posting here at HTGTH for a long time, and I repeat, there will be no reunion.
Personally, I don't even want to see one.? I think it's insulting to the new band.

Geeeez, I thought the new band was an insult to the original one...

I must be wrong then.

YEAH YOU ARE WRONG! yes
I was blind, you helped me to open my eyes and now I can see the light !

Thank you guys ! love
Warren
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2006, 04:10:07 PM »

To be honest, if there were to be a reunion, I'd like to see Slash, Axl, Duff, Brain and Fortus (possibly Finck too) in the lineup. We know Izzy wouldn't do it, Brain's a better drummer than Sorum, and hell, who wouldn't want to see Fortus and Slash on the same stage? Smiley

SG

How do we know that Izzy wouldn't do it ? Huh
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 04:23:16 PM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2006, 04:16:39 PM »

"I have to write some copy this weekend on Guns 'N Roses for a feature to go with my photos. My mind is blank at the moment. The thing is if you tell the truth it sets off too many wars, or egos way out of control. The orignal line-up is supposed to play Download in June with their metal chums, Metallica, if Lars can be bothered to turn up."

He said he didnt want to tell the truth....maybe NUGNR are playing but said original line up cause 'telling the truth sets off too many wars'.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2006, 04:50:26 PM »

He said he didnt want to tell the truth....maybe NUGNR are playing but said original line up cause 'telling the truth sets off too many wars'.

I read it that if he says the wrong thing in his feature, it could ruin the supposed reunion.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2006, 05:00:39 PM »

I read it that if he says the wrong thing in his feature, it could ruin the supposed reunion.
Thats how I took it. He doesn't want to fuck up his article and say the wrong thing or piss anyone off. I wish him the best of luck on that venture. A GNR reunion in this situation isnt entirely out of the question. It would just be one show. They can hate each other, perform on stage, and go back to hating each other. Its not like they are starting another UYI type tour. Although doing this would seriously call into question Axl's dedication to 'new' GNR.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2006, 05:09:12 PM »

Thats how I took it. He doesn't want to fuck up his article and say the wrong thing or piss anyone off. I wish him the best of luck on that venture. A GNR reunion in this situation isnt entirely out of the question. It would just be one show. They can hate each other, perform on stage, and go back to hating each other. Its not like they are starting another UYI type tour. Although doing this would seriously call into question Axl's dedication to 'new' GNR.

actually they don`t hate each other.......

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2006, 05:44:57 PM »

I agree - people (myself included) would go crazy for a one off show, and if he tried to tour with the 'new' band afterwards people wouldn't buy it. If the new band are considering playing Download Axl needs to get the fuck on and release the album and promore the band members asafp

Here today...ready to rock
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2006, 06:03:41 PM »

Wow... this is a mindfvck. It was interesting to note that Axl did not discuss any nu bandmembers in the RS interview (although the RS interviewer may have been too slow on his feet to ask), but rather mentioned Izzy and Slash. Also interesting to note that Dizzy (in the Cornell interview) basically confirmed that the nu guys have not all been together since December 2002. Further, Axl's higher visibility the last few weeks seems to show a certain "comfortable in my own skin" trait that he had not been known to display in recent years- in fact, I think part of the reason he's been a recluse all these years is because he was not interested in hearing a sh1tstorm everytime he goes out about letting the old band fall apart.... perahps, for some reason, he's feeling a little more "settled" on that front? Lastly, where is Axl today as a creative artist? Queen-inspired arrangements? Is that really THAT FAR removed from the world that Slash, Duff and Izzy occupy? Not a perfect fit- but, he's certainly not trying to win the award for best new goth industrial album anymore.... and Slash, Duff and Matt have shown some "flexibility" and a broadening of music taste by working with an artist like Weiland. Perhaps, if the personal (and legal) differences could be patched up- the spaces they occupy creatively at the moment are not that far apart...

Maybe I'm crazy... and like many of us here, I'm primarily a supporter of Axl and nu-GN'R- but it's undeniable that something about Axl has changed... the Axl Rose of the mid/late 90's (up until '02) was not the type to talk to Izzy on the phone or compliment Slash in the press... maybe he's just loosened up because CD is done and he's confident as fvck in it and he's looking forward to kickin a$$ with nu-GN'R... but maybe there's some hatchet burying going on here... maybe he's written a kick a$$ album, but he feels that without the old guys on board it's just never going to get the audience and credit it deserves. Maybe Slash and Duff want to make one last run at greatness... go to the levels that VR will never go to- no matter how good the band is. Maybe they need each other?

One thing... no way in he11 they take the stage with Adler on drums... as much as many GN'R purists would love to see that... Adler is a loose cannon and in need of some serious help. Actually, if this does go down and Adler is around to see it... I fear for his sanity and health. It will break his heart that he's not involved... but he CAN'T be.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2006, 06:15:17 PM »

Wow... this is a mindfvck. It was interesting to note that Axl did not discuss any nu bandmembers in the RS interview (although the RS interviewer may have been too slow on his feet to ask), but rather mentioned Izzy and Slash. Also interesting to note that Dizzy (in the Cornell interview) basically confirmed that the nu guys have not all been together since December 2002. Further, Axl's higher visibility the last few weeks seems to show a certain "comfortable in my own skin" trait that he had not been known to display in recent years- in fact, I think part of the reason he's been a recluse all these years is because he was not interested in hearing a sh1tstorm everytime he goes out about letting the old band fall apart.... perahps, for some reason, he's feeling a little more "settled" on that front? Lastly, where is Axl today as a creative artist? Queen-inspired arrangements? Is that really THAT FAR removed from the world that Slash, Duff and Izzy occupy? Not a perfect fit- but, he's certainly not trying to win the award for best new goth industrial album anymore.... and Slash, Duff and Matt have shown some "flexibility" and a broadening of music taste by working with an artist like Weiland. Perhaps, if the personal (and legal) differences could be patched up- the spaces they occupy creatively at the moment are not that far apart...

Maybe I'm crazy... and like many of us here, I'm primarily a supporter of Axl and nu-GN'R- but it's undeniable that something about Axl has changed... the Axl Rose of the mid/late 90's (up until '02) was not the type to talk to Izzy on the phone or compliment Slash in the press... maybe he's just loosened up because CD is done and he's confident as fvck in it and he's looking forward to kickin a$$ with nu-GN'R... but maybe there's some hatchet burying going on here... maybe he's written a kick a$$ album, but he feels that without the old guys on board it's just never going to get the audience and credit it deserves. Maybe Slash and Duff want to make one last run at greatness... go to the levels that VR will never go to- no matter how good the band is. Maybe they need each other?

One thing... no way in he11 they take the stage with Adler on drums... as much as many GN'R purists would love to see that... Adler is a loose cannon and in need of some serious help. Actually, if this does go down and Adler is around to see it... I fear for his sanity and health. It will break his heart that he's not involved... but he CAN'T be.

nice post, very interesting and i totaly agree!

what the fuck is up with halfin tho? way not to start a war, way to not fuck with anyones ego....

he's credit is gone, now this, and that thing about him and slash in soho... fucking bs..
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 06:18:13 PM by erose » Logged

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2006, 08:14:57 PM »

not really adding much to this convo, but just wanted to acknowledge a great post, even if i dont agree with all of it.

Back In Power
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2006, 08:21:57 PM »

We know Izzy wouldn't do it

How do we know Izzy wouldn't do it?.....

To the best of our knowledge, Axl was last in touch with Izzy January 12th...

I think Axl and Izzy have been on mutual terms for several years now, it's just the media that recycles 10 year old grudges for the sake of selling magazines, and because Izzy doesn't want to be in another band with a singer, people construe him as still grieving from his and Axl's differences.

Make no mistake, if Guns' get back together, Izzy is most certainly gunna be there...

Adler may not be, but what the fuck...have Adler's Appetite open the show Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2006, 12:00:11 AM »

How do we know Izzy wouldn't do it?.....

He's said numerous times that the big shows aren;t his thing, And he was in "the project" but when it started to turn into VR he took off. He's just not a fan of fame and bright lights kinda thing. Even when he played songs with VR live it's only been a couple tunes and he's gone again.

I mean for all we know he could be involved in this thing. It's just all speculation as usually AMM ok

I for one beleive this reunion talk is a crock of shit, I'm just saying IF it did happen, IMO,  it would be the GnR from the end of the UYI tour. (it would be really cool, but............ no )

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2006, 12:15:53 AM »

The reunion comment isn't on Halfin's site anymore. I think he may have been acting a bit naughty with the GnR folk; probably to make a few tongues wag. No reunion will occur until the new guys have had their day in the sun. They are owed that by Axl.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2006, 12:30:49 AM »

He's said numerous times that the big shows aren;t his thing, And he was in "the project" but when it started to turn into VR he took off. He's just not a fan of fame and bright lights kinda thing. Even when he played songs with VR live it's only been a couple tunes and he's gone again.

I mean for all we know he could be involved in this thing. It's just all speculation as usually AMM

I for one beleive this reunion talk is a crock of shit, I'm just saying IF it did happen, IMO,? it would be the GnR from the end of the UYI tour. (it would be really cool, but............

Yeah, he "said" he wouldn't get involved in another big show..

As in he stated it in past tense.

Who really knows if Izzy would be down for a reunion now years after that information your using was first made public? I think if he knew for a certainty that all of the bandmember's egos would be in check and that the performance(s) wouldnt be to generate the most $$ or hype, I think Izzy could be convinced to squeeze into the yellow leather pants for old times sake... hihi

I think your right about the reunion talks having as much merit as a fart in the wind, but I rather analyze/debate that topic than what kind of deodorant Axl wears, or read a rejected Beverly Hills 90210 script turned into a Gn'R movie.. Lips Sealed

If it was the UYI, as much as that would mean to me, being the lineup I was old enough to be a fan of, I would rather see the AFD lineup for what would be my very last opportunity since that was the "definite" Guns N' Roses..

No reunion will occur until the new guys have had their day in the sun. They are owed that by Axl.

Best point that could have been made right there.

Axl maybe one crazy, and unpredictable guy at times, but if one thing is for certain, it's that a reunion doesnt have a snowball's chance in hell of happening until Axl drops the material his new band have busted there fuckin' asses on and they get their credit and deserved admiration from the legions of fans just waiting to be made...and already on this board just waiting to be fans again.

If Axl stabbed these guys in the back, hired musicians or not by not releasing this album, Ill be honest..Id wana kick his ass, because that would just be so unbelieably cruel.

Let's not even think the unthinkable though because were gunna see Axl's head on Robin's shoulder sooner than we will Slash's ok
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 12:36:44 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Warren
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2006, 01:46:56 AM »

were gunna see Axl's head on Robin's shoulder sooner than we will Slash's ok
Very disgusting.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2006, 02:30:39 AM »

but if one thing is for certain, it's that a reunion doesnt have a snowball's chance in hell of happening until Axl drops the material his new band have busted there fuckin' asses on and they get their credit and deserved admiration from the legions of fans just waiting to be made

hihi Sorry, I have to just say first that it's hard for me to say these guys have busted their ass that much, you're probably right- I'm sure they've worked hard, y'know it just sounds funny given the few shows and zero output we've got

anyways, the real point I want to make...

I think its unlikely GNR are about to reunite, but... I think a very good point was made earlier in that, what if Axl has come to realise that in order to get his grand vision across, he needs the old guys? Axl has almost completed all these songs right? And the new guys have helped him get to this point in terms of sparking the creative zenith. Thanks guys, your ideas have been great, the songs are almost ready and you've helped Axl get from point A to point B. But, Axl may be aware, especially given how 2002 transpired, that in order to get his grand vision the attention it deserves, he needs his old allies. Pure and simple. He needs Slashs' guitar to set this material into the stratosphere.

A compromise could be reached in terms of working some of the supposed lost album into the set, the new songs the Project offered him and of course Chinese Democracy re-recorded (perhaps not everything, but lets get Duff to redo the bass parts and at the very least Slash to play lead, and god it would be great to hear some Izzy). Find a way, we've got a double album that can be called Guns N Roses right there.

This would be huge - there would be no more talk of "how many copies", "is it going to be a sucess" etc... It would be magic, it would be that great thing, that perfect  band that the great rock n' roll gods smiled upon when they created, it would be, put simply - Guns N' Roses  Cool

« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 02:43:16 AM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Warren
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2006, 03:05:51 AM »

I agree Jimmy.

Compromise is the key word. To play the old songs with the new band isn't enough to satisfy the old fans.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 03:23:17 AM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
McDuff
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2006, 04:12:23 AM »

whitesnake is playing at the gods of metal one, why wouldn't GN'R?
because GN'R is not a "metal" band.
im sorry but GNR is most "metal" than Whitesnake.did you have forget AFD ?

That's true,Whitesnakes is nothing compared to Guns N' Roses,then or now,I hate Whitesnake because they do nothing that's original. peace
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2006, 04:46:48 AM »

This is just wishful thinking. Im surprised that everyone is convincing themselfs its "bound to happen now." VR is coming out with a new album in Julyish.. a tour is bound to follow.. Slash and Duff aren't "sad" or "bummed" or thinking about making "one last run at greatness"  (hihi that one made me laugh though)... VR is their thing. You honestly think a GN'R reunion would "take them to levels VR will never go"? If VR'S next album is kick ass it wont matter.. Slash and Duff are behind that band 100%.. dont elude yourselfs with reunion hopes.

Also..
but it's undeniable that something about Axl has changed... the Axl Rose of the mid/late 90's (up until '02) was not the type to talk to Izzy on the phone or compliment Slash in the press...
...  Roll Eyes

How many times must it be said..? Axl has talked to Izzy on the phone in post-original GNR times! Izzy calls about "once a year"... (Read the RS2000)... also.. while he never said it in a very postive light Axl said he thought Slash was great in the exact same interview.

I swear.. all Axl says is "I talked to Izzy recently" and "I love the guy [Slash]" and the world expects a reunion. What do you think Axls gonna say about Slash? "Fuck him!"?... I mean come on.. im sure the guy was in a good mood and being in a good mood said, "eh, i love the guy"...

A reunion just ain't happening. And thats reality.

.. but.. feel free to use your illusions.  peace

-jack

gnrevolution.com
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2006, 05:09:03 AM »

I mean for all we know he could be involved in this thing. It's just all speculation as usually AMM

I for one beleive this reunion talk is a crock of shit, I'm just saying IF it did happen, IMO,? it would be the GnR from the end of the UYI tour. (it would be really cool, but............

Yeah, he "said" he wouldn't get involved in another big show..

I don't think that a reunion is on the horizon but if it happens, Izzy will be there. He would have joined the NY Dolls reunion for one show but rejected when the fixed more dates. So if it's only one show, they'll get Izzy!  yes

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: