Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:32:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R @ Download festival!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ Download festival!  (Read 76023 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2006, 06:11:19 PM »

I bet Ross will erase the bit soon, like he did before. Maybe sooner than this thread and that get merged.

This is something we need some words from the management. Undecided
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2006, 06:21:18 PM »

Wellll, about the Halfin thing, didn't he learn last time when he posted about GnR? I'm sure by monday he'll tell Axl fans to stop emailing him and that is only a "slight rumor" hihi (ppbebe beat me Tongue )

Anyway it seems the pressure is really on these guys to do a reunion show. I don't think it'll happen.

-Axl with Duff? eh maybe
-Axl with Slash? a month ago a flat out no!!! but in light of their recent comments about each other i will say eh, maybe
-Axl with Izzy? dunno if they have been talking I guess anything is possible, but I just can't see Izzy wanting to perform in that kinda gig again
-Any of them with Steven? flat out no, that guy is fucked out of his tree, and not in a good way either
-Axl with Matt? hmmm, seems that Matt never got along with Axl all that great, but he is with VR so who knows. If Duff and Slsh will play with Axl, I'm sure Matt will come along too.
-Axl with Gilby? definate possibility IMO, I mean Axl already played a show with gilby back in 1999 or 2000 and gilby seems to have accepted his roll as a fill-in to Izzy and no more. he also seems like the kind of guy that everyone likes,
-Dizzy? well the guy just seems to float around and just be there when he's called on. He's like Axl's shadow, if Axl is there then Dizzy will be too.

So at most I could see Axl, Duff, Slash, Gilby, Matt and Dizzy but that is far from the "Original" Lineup. Again though if Axl and Slash haven't talked in 10 years it makes me extremely skeptical that this is even remotely possible. on the other hand we still have that unknown "Tidbit of Info" that Madagascar88 got told by Dizzy. Hey buddy is this rumor warm to the subject of that info?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 06:38:10 PM by Neemo » Logged

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2006, 06:25:38 PM »

Hey gunnerdownunder I think it's safe to remove that (nothing major) from the subject title rofl rofl a reunion is a bit major IMO rofl rofl

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2006, 06:36:26 PM »

@ neemo hihi hihi

Who knows? IF and that's a VERY BIG IF its true that its a reuinion at download - it could be a one time thing and the final fairwell of the old lineup...

Yeah Jeff, It's not impossible if you look at the financial aspect.

Why does the term "we" have to mean the new band members? Maybe Axl was referring to himself and a producer. You guys love to overanalyze Axl's comments when it helps you make your case, but like to simplify his comments when it dont.

Although I'm on your side about a possible reunion. I'd throw in the towel. I haven't waited 13 years for AFD rehash.

Did I say the term "we" HAD to mean the new band members? It could stand for he and any particuler people, whether some of the band members or the studio crew. Or he might just say "we" as a representative of a band.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2006, 07:35:07 PM »

I see that mr. halfin has removed the reunion part in his diary... Wonder why he would say that, 'cause a reunion is clearly nothing he wants: [About Velvet Revolver] "I've always liked Slash. He has no ego. Even when Axl and I were at war, he stayed a friend.....Saw them at The Roxy in LA. They looked how a rock'n'roll band ought to. Hope they last"

Source: http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/velvet-revolver/velvet-revolver10.html

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2006, 07:48:18 PM »

I see that mr. halfin has removed the reunion part in his diary...
...hmmmm..the plot thickens. hihi

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2006, 08:37:14 PM »

't was quick.

like others said, maybe he's just messing about. taking the piss out of us.
How sickening. Angry
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2006, 08:44:20 PM »

Now if only someone could persuade Faith No More to re-unite...

Here today...ready to rock
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2006, 08:46:09 PM »

't was quick.

like others said, maybe he's just messing about. taking the piss out of us.
How sickening. Angry
Yeah if he's just fucking with us, it needs to be put to a stop. He acts like he knows stuff, and then takes it back. Maybe you and I should pay him a visit. You wear something revealing to distract him, and I'll bring a rope. hihi

chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2006, 08:49:38 PM »

Will GUNS N' ROSES's classic lineup and METALLICA perform at this year's Download Festival? Legendary rock photographer Ross Halfin seems to think so. According to a February 3, 2006 posting on Halfin's official web site, "the original lineup [of GUNS N' ROSES] is supposed to play Download in June with their metal chums, METALLICA, if Lars [Ulrich, METALLICA drummer] can be bothered to turn up."

This year's installment of the Download Festival is set to take place June 9-11 at Donington Park in Leicestershire, England. Confirmed acts so far include THE PRODIGY, TRIVIUM and BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, with the full lineup expected to be around 100 rock bands over the three days, according to eFestivals.co.uk.

Tickets went on sale on February 3, priced at ?110 for the three days, or ?135 including camping and parking. Campervans cost ?35, and parking is ?5 in advance or ?10 on the day.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2006, 09:25:44 PM »

First Ross Halfin speaks, then Blabbermouth picks it up. Which brings up an interesting question: Is Sp1at asleep at the wheel? rofl rofl

badapple81
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2006, 09:53:42 PM »

The fact that the original lineup being mentioned as playing says it all... not going to happen.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2006, 10:33:11 PM »

If they did reunite who would u rather on drums Steven or Matt? I'm a Matt dude myself, hes a better drummer and not as drug soaked as Steven.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2006, 10:42:43 PM »

Is this an actual credible rumour? Ross Halfin is a veteran and stalwart of the industry with countless insiders as friends. He wouldnt just make shit up

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2006, 10:47:16 PM »

First Ross Halfin speaks, then Blabbermouth picks it up. Which brings up an interesting question: Is Sp1at asleep at the wheel? rofl rofl

wheres Johan when we need him?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2006, 10:50:45 PM »

wheres Johan when we need him?
Fuck Johan! We need MYSTERON! hihi Oh fuck em both, I'll settle for darknemus!! rofl rofl rofl rofl

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2006, 11:01:18 PM »

this is just getting so fucking weird! Much weirder then some of you posters... hihi

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2006, 11:02:54 PM »

Things are getting funny now  hihi  This will not happen!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
badapple81
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2006, 11:22:48 PM »

Aren't the snide remarks about Mysteron and other posters getting a little old now?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2006, 11:32:52 PM »

Is this an actual credible rumour? Ross Halfin is a veteran and stalwart of the industry with countless insiders as friends. He wouldnt just make shit up

Oh wouldnt he. Remember last year he said Merck told him CD was finished, well we all know how that turned out. And the gh2 ditto on that one as well. Ross isn't as reliable as one might think. ok
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: