Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:25:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R @ Download festival!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ Download festival!  (Read 75735 times)
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #300 on: February 08, 2006, 08:48:56 AM »

Say's that the musicians laid down over 60 songs, and Axl had only sang on six of them.? Say's that the six that are done, are "classics."?

Nice for him to consider CD, The Blues, Maddy, Silk Worms, Rhiad and IRS "classics".

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #301 on: February 08, 2006, 11:41:43 AM »

i just can't see that gn'r would have anything to do with metallica?? reformed or not...

And if gn'r reunites now before cd is out we'll never get to hear cd and axl would truly have wasted all this time for nothing. I mean slash izzy duff would never rerecord cd stuff and pass it out as their own would they? i don't hink they would even play the songs live at all...

a cool think would be a huge mix tho, with old gn'r, a few vr songs with scott on the vocals and new gn'r with new shit all at the same show. and maybe AA as a warm up. hihi i doubt axl would even consider that tho...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #302 on: February 08, 2006, 12:02:32 PM »

a cool think would be a huge mix tho, with old gn'r, a few vr songs with scott on the vocals and new gn'r with new shit all at the same show. and maybe AA as a warm up. hihi i doubt axl would even consider that tho...

Or rather I doubt S n D would.

Unless I'm mistaken they've never accepted the current band as GNR or new GNR.

As I said earlier, it would be really great. Maybe the best.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #303 on: February 08, 2006, 12:23:43 PM »

I don't like the idea of mixing them.......

Trot out original GnR
Trot out the bloated 1992 live version (Horns, Teddy, and all)
Trot out New GnR
Trot out VR
Then 18 people on stage do Paradise City...

To me that sounds like a bad Beatles Tribute band changing outfits as the years go from Beattle Boots to the Sgt. Pepper outfits.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #304 on: February 08, 2006, 01:30:43 PM »

I don't understand this whole "they'll reunite someday, but let new GN'R have its moment in the sun" philosophy. Axl just turned 44 people... if it's inevitable that they're going to reunite someday... THE SOONER THE BETTER... and I am a supporter of the new band and chinese democracy... but that's turned into something akin to waiting for Giselle Buendchen bursting through my front door, telling me I've been a bad boy and that my punnishment is 48 hours of mud-wrestling with her... still waiting on both counts.... drool

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #305 on: February 08, 2006, 01:44:13 PM »

I don't understand this whole "they'll reunite someday, but let new GN'R have its moment in the sun" philosophy. Axl just turned 44 people... if it's inevitable that they're going to reunite someday... THE SOONER THE BETTER... and I am a supporter of the new band and chinese democracy... but that's turned into something akin to waiting for Giselle Buendchen bursting through my front door, telling me I've been a bad boy and that my punnishment is 48 hours of mud-wrestling with her... still waiting on both counts.... drool

Sorry I don't give 2 shits about a reunion. As far as Chinese Democracy and the new band will see the light.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #306 on: February 08, 2006, 01:49:46 PM »

Sorry I don't give 2 shits about a reunion. As far as Chinese Democracy and the new band will see the light.

I don't give 2 shits if they don't play any gigs right now, I just want to hear some new fuckin music

Here today...ready to rock
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #307 on: February 08, 2006, 04:20:09 PM »

FYI: GN'R is not listed as a rumored band on the Download page at getlive.co.uk anymore.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DemocracyRose
« Reply #308 on: February 08, 2006, 04:24:53 PM »

So I guess this is locking the thread... Undecided
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #309 on: February 08, 2006, 04:38:33 PM »

Now that's a shocker.

It was a "slight rumor", though.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
badapple81
« Reply #310 on: February 08, 2006, 04:53:29 PM »

Surprised it made 16 pages! lol
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #311 on: February 08, 2006, 04:59:12 PM »

Surprised it made 16 pages! lol
Thank Ross Halfin and all the insider speculation for that. hihi

Warren
« Reply #312 on: February 08, 2006, 05:03:33 PM »

Halfin Half Correct?
Written by Administrator? ? ?
Wednesday, 08 February 2006?
Ross Halfin's prediction of Metallica playing the Download festival have today been confirmed. According to their official website, they will be playing the festival on 10th June 2006.

Halfin's other prediction that the original line-up of Guns N'Roses will also be playing has yet to materialise.

Last Updated ( Wednesday, 08 February 2006 )?

Sp1at.com
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 05:06:17 PM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
gnrziggy
Banned
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #313 on: February 08, 2006, 06:56:47 PM »

Take this for what it is worth but this is about 3rd rumor I have seen in the last week. anyway here is the link http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com. hope it is true

GNR= Greatest Band of all time!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #314 on: February 08, 2006, 07:47:37 PM »

Take this for what it is worth but this is about 3rd rumor I have seen in the last week. anyway here is the link http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com. hope it is true

cant see anything about GNR there..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #315 on: February 08, 2006, 08:53:00 PM »

Click on the Metallica at Download article, it mentions that GnR are rumored to be on the bill as well.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #316 on: February 08, 2006, 10:20:28 PM »

The current gng going on tour is bigger then us and i hate u2
Thats funny. hihi In no way,shape, or form does new GNR get bigger than U2. U2 is basically the biggest rock band in the world, and that isn't changing in the near future. I think if Axl embraced the limelight and got much more active, he could have a Bono type career offstage. If you think Axl and this cast of characters will overtake a band that has been established for over 20 years, you are sadly mistaken.

Well said.

Its a good point that there has been no comment from management but I think if any GN'R is gunna play it, it will be the new line up.

peace
The new line-up looks like this :?

peace

Like Axl said "The new guys can play the fuck outta the old songs"

peace

And we've heard the new band play the old songs, they don' play the fuck out of them they just fuck them

peace

I really enjoy the new band playin the old stuff. I think they do a kick arse job. Robin's solo in November Rain is unreal. Brain on my michelle is fuckin awesome. The new band rules.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #317 on: February 09, 2006, 01:26:19 AM »

when CD comes out we,ll get slash n co to play the songs and lets see how they do

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #318 on: February 09, 2006, 04:50:52 AM »

For those of you who still think GN'R are performing at Download, there's gonna be some news on Thursday from the organizers:

DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL 2006 - NEWS COMING SOON!
More announcements due at 9am on Thursday morning for the best rock festival in the UK.

/jarmo

Am looking for this news - not that i really think GnR will be there this year - but am intrigued.  cant seem to find any updates other than metallica as near as confirmed.   I just dont think its gonna be UK for GnR this year (sadly). will post if I find anything. x
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #319 on: February 09, 2006, 04:58:07 AM »

From efestivals:

(Metallica) One of the other dates, for Sunday 11th June, is listed as 'Download Ireland', so it looks as though Download at Donington has a new baby sister! There's likely to be more news on this later today.

Sounds like this is the Download news, for today anyway.   smoking
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: