Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:32:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R @ Download festival!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ Download festival!  (Read 75866 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #160 on: February 06, 2006, 02:11:27 PM »

Wow, Axl and other people related to GNR must be laughing their ass off while reading this thread. Don't you guys think it's a little too much to seriously discuss this matter over what somebody who doesn't even speak to Axl anymore has put on his website? And took it off the next day?

I can understand everybody wants this reunion to happen including me but I ain't getting my hopes up just over this "comment".

oh, and I will eat my shoes if this turns out to be true and Ross Halfin actually knew it.

Axl wouldn't be the only participating member of a reunion. Ross does have a working relationship with Slash and VR. Also the last time he posted Axl info, he then pulled it off with a note complaining about "us" bothering him. This time it just dispapeared, he seems like the type of guy who would have thrown a jab in there. Maybe he was aked nicely be an interested partner (Slash??) to remove the bit of info.

Believeing what Ross says is like believing what slash when he said cd would be out in march. The fact is Ross posted several things about guns in the past which have all turned out to be utter crap. But of course people still believes him  hihi
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #161 on: February 06, 2006, 02:18:14 PM »

Believeing what Ross says is like believing what slash when he said cd would be out in march. The fact is Ross posted several things about guns in the past which have all turned out to be utter crap. But of course people still believes him? hihi

What I'm saying is he does have a link to Slash and VR (who would be affected if there was a reunioin). It is just ignorant to think that because Ross doesn't have a relationship with Axl, that he has to be wrong "If Axl didn't say it, then it isn't true."

Am I saying it's true, No. Do I hope it is, Yes.

But this "World Revolves around Axl" vibe has to go away. Ross Halfin, probably the most successfull Rock Photog of all time, isn't going to further his career by making up news about Axl. I do think that Ross is posting info that he hears, is it all true?? no. Is Ross making it up to fuck with HTGTH? No.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #162 on: February 06, 2006, 02:21:55 PM »

Believeing what Ross says is like believing what slash when he said cd would be out in march. The fact is Ross posted several things about guns in the past which have all turned out to be utter crap. But of course people still believes him  hihi

What I'm saying is he does have a link to Slash and VR (who would be affected if there was a reunioin). It is just ignorant to think that because Ross doesn't have a relationship with Axl, that he has to be wrong "If Axl didn't say it, then it isn't true."

Am I saying it's true, No. Do I hope it is, Yes.

But this "World Revolves around Axl" vibe has to go away. Ross Halfin, probably the most successfull Rock Photog of all time, isn't going to further his career by making up news about Axl. I do think that Ross is posting info that he hears, is it all true?? no. Is Ross making it up to fuck with HTGTH? No.

No one said hes making it up to fuck with HTGTH. But he is posting bullshit on his website for some reason. And the fact still remains that everything he has posted in regards to gnr "news" so far has turned out to be 100% false. So I honestly don't know why people even bother to believe him when he has proven himself to not know anything in regards to gnr in the past.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: February 06, 2006, 03:11:31 PM »

this is getting insane now.....? ? ?don`t you guys understand now why axl doesn`t really want to speak to the media???
he said he loves slash, but.....and that he spoke to izzy the other day.? some articles on the internet interpreted that as a hint of a reunion and now rumours are floating around................BULLSHIT!!!

but you`ll see it at the end of the day.....? ?

NEWGNR RULES!! hihi

This is so true.  Axl says something nice towards Slash and two weeks later, there are rumors all over the place about a GNR reunion.  Just STOP it!  hihi

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Warren
« Reply #164 on: February 06, 2006, 04:03:46 PM »

It would be interesting to have the point of view of GNR and VR record company. I guess they will have their say...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2006, 04:44:42 PM »

Maybe Ass kissing was to strong a phrase, but you get my point. If you take every fill-in player from KISS' career and throw them in GnR with Axl..... just because they "Share Axl's Goal's" (I would like to know what those are) you would call that Guns N' Roses??

I would.  Most likely I would not be a fan of the band with ex kiss guys anymore but still I would call it GNR all the same.
If a band calls itself whatever, who am I to deny it? I'm not in possession of the name nor in the possession of the band. I can always move on from the band when find the music unattractive.

Maybe it's because I was a fan of the old band longer that the new band has existed so it is hard for me to part with the idea of "Guns N' Roses". But how can someone just blindly attach themselves to Axl and any 4 musicians "That share his goals" and call that Guns N' Roses with out an identifier that this isn't the band that created that name and it's place in Rock and Roll History.

I basically can never hate the people like you who is attached to the old band too much to accept the new and yet try to talk to the likes of me genuinely without intruding your opinion. I guess you at heart want to understand the band and us.

So please listen, mate.

The point is that I'd have supported GNR in 1985 like I'm doing now for the love of music if I had been around. Knowing it wouldn't be lasting forever. And sorry I would have forgot about the band with seeing the spaghetti.  Still the sentiment at the time would have been real and eternal.   
The music they made remains the same after the band is gone, even after all the real timers are gone....
I wouldn't have expected the very band to fascinate me again almost 2 decades later with the brand new chemistry. I mean who'd have imagined it could happen twice to a band and a fan of the band?

But back to the original subject here...... Do you think that Velvet Rope is just taking the line from Ross Halfin's Diary and making a story around it?

Hmmm, VR seems to be a site full of the industry has-beens and underlings. I think All they know is no more than  rumour floating on the outskirts of the business or on the net.  As far as I know people in the music business tend to love bsing.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2006, 05:39:06 PM »

Nothing to do but wait and see... BUT this idea that there's some kind of COLD WAR between the two camps (Axl and S,D,I) and that they would NEVER ever acknowledge the other if they came upon the other dying in the street is no longer valid in my mind... and that's the assumption I had been operating under, and most Axl fans I know too, since Slash left in 1996.

If THEY (Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy) were to get back together they would be FVCKING HUGE... that wasn't necessarily the case back in the late 90's. That dynamic has CHANGED. They would be U2 huge.

I honestly feel that in Axl's PERFECT world- he's on stage with Slash, Duff, Izzy, etc. performing some sort of collaborative version of the CD songs. He gets his music out there AND he's guaranteed a world-wide "stop the presses" reaction to his new music. I like Finck, Stinson, etc.- but they're not going to generate that type of instant buzz for Axl- it will take time and lots of work. Plus, I think BH's departure was a devastating blow to new GN'R's "stage presence" and "marketability". Hitting the stage with five comparatively vanilla personalities is NOT the same as getting out there with your old crew or with at least one "crowd grabber" like BH. Just my two cents...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Chief
Legend

« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2006, 06:09:18 PM »

I don't believe all these supposed rumors at all.

In fact I happened to be listening to KLOS this morning in LA and slash was being interviewed because he is playing this les paul tribute concert here soon and was asked by someone about a reunion and he said it is no closer than before and nothing was in the works for a reunion.
i'm sure a lot of other people heard this interview also...

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #168 on: February 06, 2006, 06:57:07 PM »

I think BH's departure was a devastating blow to new GN'R's "stage presence" and "marketability". Hitting the stage with five comparatively vanilla personalities is NOT the same as getting out there with your old crew or with at least one "crowd grabber" like BH. Just my two cents...
Great point. Not many people here are willing to admit that.

By the way, a GNR reunion would be bigger than U2. ok

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #169 on: February 06, 2006, 07:15:25 PM »

Has anyone considered the possibility that Slash might have asked Ross to post this on his diary, just to see what reactions it would stir?

Maybe he did that to see the vibes of the fanbase, especially after Axl's latest comments about talking to Izzy and "loving" Slash "but"...

I honestly don't see a reunion anytime soon. I believe that it will happen someday, the money is just too much...

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #170 on: February 06, 2006, 08:59:33 PM »

Has anyone considered the possibility that Slash might have asked Ross to post this on his diary, just to see what reactions it would stir?

Maybe he did that to see the vibes of the fanbase, especially after Axl's latest comments about talking to Izzy and "loving" Slash "but"...

But don't you think this would seriousely piss of Axl, again?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #171 on: February 06, 2006, 09:19:47 PM »

Why wouldn't he just put something up on Snakepit.org (or whatever) saying he would "be open to a reunion" instead?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #172 on: February 06, 2006, 09:39:45 PM »

Why wouldn't he just put something up on Snakepit.org (or whatever) saying he would "be open to a reunion" instead?

exactly, that way he would have stated his own position, and he wouldn't have had to start a rumor based on a lie that surely is pissing people off.

and if anyone in the gn'r camp wanted to use the garbage can to feel the waters for a reunion they should have just checked out the dead horse section on this very site... hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #173 on: February 06, 2006, 09:57:33 PM »

1st of all, some of you guy's, things are not always black and white.? And, it seems many of you seem to only listen to or post things that you personally hold to be true, and then blast away at anyone who may threaten your personal opinion.? Well, this is not Congress, and the messenger was not lying.?

Look at Halfin's statement that set off a minor firestorm last year.? He only repeated, what I am sure Merck told him:? the album is done or virtually done.? Plain and simple.? I think there have been, in many peoples opinions (Roy Thomas Baker, Chris Vrenna, Moby, Doug Goldstein, Youth, etc), several completed versions of this album ready to go, throughout the past ten years.? Halfin is not a liar, and has more creditibility and insight than this whole board combined.? The guy is not full of crap.? Look , hypothetically speaking, for all we know, there COULD have been ten times during the past ten years that the reunion was on, only to blow up in smoke due to an ego driven tug-of-war between Slash and Axl.? I doubt that is true, but I do think this show's my reasoning--that Halfin is not lying and most likely repeating information that he has gleaned from some late night drinking escapade with a rock star or manager he works with.? This type of scenario could happen again--the reunion could be on, and blow up in smoke.? This is GNR, of course.? Halfin reported what he said (album being done), and then this reunion bit, and neither could come to fruition, but he is not lying.? The guy probably has little clue, or did have little clue about this board, and has no motive to provoke some type of fight with this community (really insane logic some have displayed in this thread).

I will say this:? there is no doubt that something is up as of right now.? This is always how stuff leaks.? Someone forgets they should not mention somehting, and it hits.? Or, Merck asked Halfin to slip it out and see what happens.? Whatever the cause, there is smoke with this fire.? Halfin would not make comments like this, or lie on purpose.? There is no motive for a reputable man who depends on his reputation with managers, labels, and musicians for a living to make this up.? Moreover, he is friends with Merck, Kalodner, and all of the old band members.? Something is up as of now, and it could be gone to hell in a second with none of us knowing.

Also, if Izzy and Axl have composed songs (we know they have) during the past twelve years, and Izzy-Duff-Slash have ten songs composed for GNR (Slash and Duff said they were written in 2003), and there were about ten songs ready to go in 1995; then a raw Appetite like two week recording from these pro's, could be just the recipe for massive Appetite like success--stripped down and groovin!!? It is quite possible that they have secretly recorded an album, and it is possible that they have not talked to each other in ten years.? The thing is this:? until they want us to know (the GNR members), they will all say they have not talked and won't shed any light onto what is going on.? The best hype is mystery and speculation, which spreads through the web like wildfire.? Why blow that?? I would imagine, if the reunion is on, we won't officially know until they hit the stage at RIR IV together.? Who the drummer is, god only knows (I would take Ringo's son, who recently played with the Who).? Again, though, it is just as possible that nothing is happening.?

One thing is for sure, there is more going on with GNR than there has been since 2002!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 10:13:49 PM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #174 on: February 06, 2006, 10:44:16 PM »

newsman, that was a good post. I definitely agree with your 'there's smoke with this fire' comment. Something fishy is going on, thats for sure. Halfin isnt lying. Those that say he's a liar need to back that statement up with proof. I'm not sure about it being a full blown reunion, but something strange is going on and with the current members of GNR so far from the loop they cant even see it, I highly doubt its CD. If Axl has no interest in a reunion, and is moving forward with CD, he needs to make some sort of a statement.

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #175 on: February 06, 2006, 10:55:49 PM »

newsman, that was a good post. I definitely agree with your 'there's smoke with this fire' comment. Something fishy is going on, thats for sure. Halfin isnt lying. Those that say he's a liar need to back that statement up with proof. I'm not sure about it being a full blown reunion, but something strange is going on and with the current members of GNR so far from the loop they cant even see it, I highly doubt its CD. If Axl has no interest in a reunion, and is moving forward with CD, he needs to make some sort of a statement.

I Sorum touring with the Cult?  I heard he was.  Also, I have heard rumblings of a STP reunion.  I don't know, but one good thing with all the new allignments is this:  it seems everyone has something to fall back upon if the new gig does not work out. 
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #176 on: February 06, 2006, 11:11:32 PM »

1st of all, some of you guy's, things are not always black and white.? And, it seems many of you seem to only listen to or post things that you personally hold to be true, and then blast away at anyone who may threaten your personal opinion.? Well, this is not Congress, and the messenger was not lying.?

Look at Halfin's statement that set off a minor firestorm last year.? He only repeated, what I am sure Merck told him:? the album is done or virtually done.? Plain and simple.? I think there have been, in many peoples opinions (Roy Thomas Baker, Chris Vrenna, Moby, Doug Goldstein, Youth, etc), several completed versions of this album ready to go, throughout the past ten years.? Halfin is not a liar, and has more creditibility and insight than this whole board combined.? The guy is not full of crap.? Look , hypothetically speaking, for all we know, there COULD have been ten times during the past ten years that the reunion was on, only to blow up in smoke due to an ego driven tug-of-war between Slash and Axl.? I doubt that is true, but I do think this show's my reasoning--that Halfin is not lying and most likely repeating information that he has gleaned from some late night drinking escapade with a rock star or manager he works with.? This type of scenario could happen again--the reunion could be on, and blow up in smoke.? This is GNR, of course.? Halfin reported what he said (album being done), and then this reunion bit, and neither could come to fruition, but he is not lying.? The guy probably has little clue, or did have little clue about this board, and has no motive to provoke some type of fight with this community (really insane logic some have displayed in this thread).

I will say this:? there is no doubt that something is up as of right now.? This is always how stuff leaks.? Someone forgets they should not mention somehting, and it hits.? Or, Merck asked Halfin to slip it out and see what happens.? Whatever the cause, there is smoke with this fire.? Halfin would not make comments like this, or lie on purpose.? There is no motive for a reputable man who depends on his reputation with managers, labels, and musicians for a living to make this up.? Moreover, he is friends with Merck, Kalodner, and all of the old band members.? Something is up as of now, and it could be gone to hell in a second with none of us knowing.

Also, if Izzy and Axl have composed songs (we know they have) during the past twelve years, and Izzy-Duff-Slash have ten songs composed for GNR (Slash and Duff said they were written in 2003), and there were about ten songs ready to go in 1995; then a raw Appetite like two week recording from these pro's, could be just the recipe for massive Appetite like success--stripped down and groovin!!? It is quite possible that they have secretly recorded an album, and it is possible that they have not talked to each other in ten years.? The thing is this:? until they want us to know (the GNR members), they will all say they have not talked and won't shed any light onto what is going on.? The best hype is mystery and speculation, which spreads through the web like wildfire.? Why blow that?? I would imagine, if the reunion is on, we won't officially know until they hit the stage at RIR IV together.? Who the drummer is, god only knows (I would take Ringo's son, who recently played with the Who).? Again, though, it is just as possible that nothing is happening.?

One thing is for sure, there is more going on with GNR than there has been since 2002!

good post, sounds like you believe in a reunion.

what do you dink would happen to CD if the band reunites? that is what i don't get, will all that talk and all that work and recordings, and all the contracts with the new gunners just go down the drain? it doesn't make sence...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #177 on: February 06, 2006, 11:14:04 PM »

So is Halfin a liar, a leaker, or something in between? I don't know-but I just can't believe that after all the acrimony these guys have had for the last decade plus that they would suddenly agree to it:

-VR is coming off a succesful freshman run and is/was supposedly writing a concept record due in the summer-Axl is apparently working on his 32 tracks---to me, to any possible reunion would mean a) an astronomical shitload of money was dumped in front of these guys b) things got derailed in both respective camps (weiland problems, tommy leaving, things along those lines).

i wont buy it-yet.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #178 on: February 06, 2006, 11:21:10 PM »

I Sorum touring with the Cult?? I heard he was.? Also, I have heard rumblings of a STP reunion.? I don't know, but one good thing with all the new allignments is this:? it seems everyone has something to fall back upon if the new gig does not work out.?
I highly doubt Matt is doing anything with The Cult. It would have been mentioned here if he was. Not too sure about an STP reunion either. I think theyre doing one show, but thats about it. The other STP guys are working on their own project right now. Seems like an "insider" would have killed this already. Its always been easy for them to knock down reunion talks in the past, so why is it different this time?

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #179 on: February 06, 2006, 11:49:26 PM »

The Cult has not decided on the drummer for their upcoming tour yet; but they must have some idea, as the tour starts March 1st.?

I agree, with someone earlier, who said that a reunion is unlikely right now, as it would be very tough for Axl to throw away the past six years of work with the new guy's--although he may release it and not tour with them.  On the other hand, I think that this is VR's last album, if they complete it.  I don't see Weiland mixing well in the long run with Slash.  It's kind of an East side to the West side thing.  Whereas Slash is the hardened bloke from the tracks, Weiland is the artsy-flake with tracks, on his arms ie. 

Whatever the case, something is definitely in the air.  Not only is Axl out and about garnering attention, but someone floated word to Halfin that either a reunion was imminent to either leak this to begin the hype, or to test the waters.  Interesting indeed. 

Apparently Axl was at the Palms Saturday night?  Glad to see he's replaced blow and jack daniels with red bull and vodka beer
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 12:15:12 AM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: