Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:49:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RazZ Radio will play New Song "Check Mate" in a bit
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RazZ Radio will play New Song "Check Mate" in a bit  (Read 87015 times)
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #460 on: May 17, 2006, 04:30:06 AM »

Actually, different versions are floating on the net depending on who recorded it. There are decent quality versions of the 16 second bit of Checkmate.

What Dave from these forums gathered from a phone call to RazZ (the DJ who played the leaks):

RazZ claims that someone approached him with a CD he apparently stole from the GnR studio.
RazZ contacted GnR management who told him that if he co-operated with them and helped them catch the thief they would give him VIP treatment at the Hammerstein gigs.
RazZ apparently helped them and they caught him (I think?) but GnR management didn't live up to their side of the bargain.
So RazZ decided to screw GnR management by playing Checkmate on his radio show and people have been crazy over it since.

Its all heresay at the moment and opinions are divided as to whether Checkmate is real or not. No official word from GnR management. Im leaning toward it being genuine but Im not totally convinced. Its also worth noting that the guy who leaked it apparently has a history of poor credibility.

I dont really know whats going on with the IRS and TWAT things. I heard a poor quality clip supposedly of the final cut of IRS but I couldnt make much out of it. Sounded almost verbatim to the Februrary leak to me.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 04:37:38 AM by Tomorrows » Logged
BassLikeHot
Banned
Opening Act

U - Think - U - But - U

« Reply #461 on: May 17, 2006, 04:45:32 AM »

RazZz'z - you SUX ! DO !
daveyjc
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #462 on: May 17, 2006, 04:59:31 AM »

this guys so annoying

they sound so fake there just the demos modified

and check mate i dont know about but
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #463 on: May 17, 2006, 05:04:00 AM »

and noone seems to have heard the "new" TWAT

I don't know if we are talking about the same track, but I listened to a very different version of TWAT, so different in all aspects (instrumentally, vocally, chorus, etc) in that Razz radio.

But I don't think that is really Axl singing there. For me, its just one guy copying (very good, IMHO) Axl's voice and style.

IRS is the same track we all have but with some shitty fx in it.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
anythinggoes
« Reply #464 on: May 17, 2006, 05:51:12 AM »

well i heard Irs but its so shitty quality with Messages bleeping in it i couldnt make out shit ill wait for a better copy or the Album i thinks
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #465 on: May 17, 2006, 07:48:03 AM »

There's about 24 pages of stuff I have not yet read, so not sure if this has been discussed.  In addition, I haven't HEARD the clips, so....can't vouch for their validity on any level.

However, I did want to say this:

In Da Vinci Code movie, Teabing (one of the main characters) is a supposed chess master.  It's a central point to the movie.

It would make a whole lotta sense that, if GnR did contribute a song to Da Vinci, it might be called "Checkmate".  It would also make a whole lotta sense that anyone "making up" a story about GnR might want to ride that same train when creating a song title.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #466 on: May 17, 2006, 07:59:16 AM »

Right, after hearing the clip I think it may just be him afterall... it sounds pretty close to his voice tone, and it being his natural singing voice here. It sounds very catchy, and would be cool to hear more.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #467 on: May 17, 2006, 08:13:20 AM »

In Da Vinci Code movie, Teabing (one of the main characters) is a supposed chess master.? It's a central point to the movie.

It would make a whole lotta sense that, if GnR did contribute a song to Da Vinci, it might be called "Checkmate".? It would also make a whole lotta sense that anyone "making up" a story about GnR might want to ride that same train when creating a song title.

Good point Pilferk.  I suppose that if this song is indeed linked to DVC, then we have two days until we find out (US release is May 19th).

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #468 on: May 17, 2006, 08:15:11 AM »

i would like to hear the klip.. hint hint...  yes

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #469 on: May 17, 2006, 08:16:28 AM »

Wow...that RazZ guy is a real nutjob isn't he.

Wait? That was me last night. Wow...I really gotta stop hittin the bottle so hard.

Just to keep things clear, I was offered the VIP treatment a few days AFTER I'd already decided to help. It was just an added bonus.

And I decided to play things on my winamp once I couldn't get an answer as to whether or not the guy got caught, thereby giving me no reason to believe that I killed my reputation for a good cause.

And finally, Merck is still a cock knocker.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #470 on: May 17, 2006, 08:21:42 AM »

And I decided to play things on my winamp

16 seconds? If you actually had those, you would leak listenable quality MP3s, not low quality sound clips where a few people have a hard time recognizing Axl.

italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #471 on: May 17, 2006, 08:22:15 AM »

When are we getting the full Check Mate, Razz? You cant tease the GNR community like this.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
Amish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #472 on: May 17, 2006, 08:22:37 AM »

I didn't hear the "new" TWAT.

I heard the "new" IRS. 

In my opinion, certain sounds are there that weren't there before, and the tempo is slowed down in some places.  Also, sounds that were there before are completely gone now. 

There a lot of places where it sounds like "Hey this guy just put his own effects over the top of what we already have." 

Then there are a lot of places where what we already have isn't even there anymore, and it's just completely new music. 

Unless someone has a way to take out music on a one channel song, or they somehow came across a version of IRS that had the vocals on one channel and the music on another, then I am convinced this is a different IRS than what we all have. 

As far as Checkmate goes, I don't know.  The clip I have sounds like Axl's voice on Catcher in the Rye, but it also briefly sounds like someone trying to be Axl.  So I don't have an opinion on that.  Smiley
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #473 on: May 17, 2006, 08:30:11 AM »

could some one please... yeah, u know what i mean.. ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
LordRazZ
VIP

« Reply #474 on: May 17, 2006, 08:44:33 AM »

Amish, I'm glad that someone finally agrees with me.

Keep in mind, it's not like I walked into a studio and took these files. They were emailed to me.

And no, I don't have a full version of checkmate. I lost contact with the guy after I got the 16 second clip. I know, you think I should have held out longer, but the whole point was to STOP the leaks originally. That was done, Merck's a dick, and we're stuck with 16 seconds that may be Axl, or some guy doing Karaoke...who knows

LordRazZ
VIP

« Reply #475 on: May 17, 2006, 08:45:09 AM »

oh...and I'm back on the radio again...it's the hungover version of the show. And yeah, there's clips in the playlist.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #476 on: May 17, 2006, 08:47:31 AM »

No offense, but I think it would've been better for everyone if you hadn't "leaked" that 16 second clip at all, if you don't have the full thing. I mean, what's the point then? Everybody's stuck with that, and now what?

Wando
Rocker

« Reply #477 on: May 17, 2006, 08:49:36 AM »

oh...and I'm back on the radio again...it's the hungover version of the show. And yeah, there's clips in the playlist.
You mean more clips of new songs? Couldn't you just post them somewhere on your site?
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #478 on: May 17, 2006, 08:52:01 AM »

Can someone post a link to Razz's website. I deleted it after the last tormenting affair.

Wando
Rocker

« Reply #479 on: May 17, 2006, 08:57:25 AM »

http://illitpress.com/
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: