Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:15:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228483 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who wants Brain out?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who wants Brain out?  (Read 17872 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2006, 09:04:47 PM »

The way Brain butchers YCBM makes me shudder.

He is good on teh new songs and most of the old stuff, but YCBM isn't that hard and he alwasy fucks it up

I hate the way he did it too.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2006, 09:04:55 PM »

I'm not overly impressed with Brain, but Josh Freese's shoes are big shoes to fill. I still would've wanted Josh to be the drummer for GN'R. But Brain is it and since he's gonna help bring CD to the masses, I say more power to him.

I find it amusing that you say this. What has any GNR fan heard of Freese other than a wishy washy OMG off of End Of Days?

I am not sure what in my post you find amusing. Read it again, please, and revise your statement. It doesn't talk about GN'R recordings, I am refering to talent as a drummer.

As far as most people are concerned Freese was never really in GNR for him to have made a mark, or footprint for that matter with his giant shoes. I guess Casper would be hard to replace in GNR as well.

I do not care to explain my point again. Just read my posts till you understand them.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2006, 09:06:36 PM »

He is good on teh new songs and most of the old stuff, but YCBM isn't that hard and he alwasy fucks it up

one time? he fucked it up one time... stop saying that ALWAYS fucks it up....
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2006, 09:09:12 PM »

More than once, man, more. I kind of hope it was intentional in order to put a fresh spin on an old song, but you never know.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2006, 09:10:37 PM »

In my opinion hes suck, if Axl is looking to get good musicians he needs to get a better drumer. i just want to hear a solo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo_mg8ynuAY&search=drumsolo

You're an idiot! ok
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 10:00:34 PM by gnrbaby » Logged

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2006, 09:10:42 PM »

Wow. ?The *last* thing I want right now is for Brain, or any of the current line up, to change. ?Right when a new tour is starting and the album release might be coming, let's start hoping the lineup changes!!! ?Sorry, no way. ?The Hammerstein shows have proved that the chemistry, talent, and, most importantly - the fun - is there, and that - at long last - they consider themselves and act like a real band that enjoy working together. ?Brain's a phenominal drummer, and ?an integral part of GnR.

So, to answer the thread question...not me.
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2006, 09:12:43 PM »

No, he is always off time

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2006, 09:15:36 PM »

I'm not overly impressed with Brain, but Josh Freese's shoes are big shoes to fill. I still would've wanted Josh to be the drummer for GN'R. But Brain is it and since he's gonna help bring CD to the masses, I say more power to him.

I find it amusing that you say this. What has any GNR fan heard of Freese other than a wishy washy OMG off of End Of Days?

I am not sure what in my post you find amusing. Read it again, please, and revise your statement. It doesn't talk about GN'R recordings, I am refering to talent as a drummer.

As far as most people are concerned Freese was never really in GNR for him to have made a mark, or footprint for that matter with his giant shoes. I guess Casper would be hard to replace in GNR as well.

I do not care to explain my point again. Just read my posts till you understand them.

Over my head there, eh? ?hihi

Big shoes to fill is a common thing to say about replacing a member of a band that put his stamp on the music. That's what I'm saying.

You hold the opinion that he was the most talented. Let's say he was a hired gun for one second. You really think Brain would walk into try out a couple months later and think to himself "Gee, that Freese, how am I ever gonna fill his shoes"?

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2006, 09:15:54 PM »

What a senseless, and pointless thread.

Brain is hands down the best drummer Gn'R has ever been graced with...I mean the guy even plays the old shit like it's absolutely nothing to him.

Sebastian said it perfectly when he said: "Hey Axl, where the fuck was this guy when you hired Matt?" rofl

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2006, 09:17:42 PM »

No, he is always off time

no hes not... go get your self a metronome and a recording of him check it.. hes not...

like dirt said maybe he wants to change up the intro to YCBM, .. it could be due to anything.. his drum kit, playing style or the way he feels... he fucked it up one time and you know what time that was... but he is not off time... the dude is tight..
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2006, 09:19:50 PM »

Brain is hands down the best drummer Gn'R has ever been graced with...I mean the guy even plays the old shit like it's absolutely nothing to him.

Sebastian said it perfectly when he said: "Hey Axl, where the fuck was this guy when you hired Matt?" rofl

no kidding.. why do threads like this start anyways... who the fuck wants brain out? .. well maybe steven adler would be the only one besides the dip who started this thread....
JustWckd
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2006, 09:20:15 PM »

Roll Eyes

Whatever dude.

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
prolog
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2006, 09:20:36 PM »

i think the SCOM from the Big Daddy credits had the new GNR (then at the time) do the 2nd half of the solo up to the end. And i believe josh freese was the drummer.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2006, 09:21:38 PM »

Roll Eyes

Whatever dude.

nice comeback... you said hes off time... no hes not.. name any other song that doesnt sound like the way it was played originaly.... 
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2006, 09:21:44 PM »

no kidding.. why do threads like this start anyways... who the fuck wants brain out? .. well maybe steven adler would be the only one besides the dip who started this thread....

Careful. ?You're just egging someone on to start a "who wants Axl out?" thread... ? ?hihi
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2006, 09:22:23 PM »

i think the SCOM from the Big Daddy credits had the new GNR (then at the time) do the 2nd half of the solo up to the end. And i believe josh freese was the drummer.

You could be right on that. That song is not on the soundtrack though.

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2006, 09:24:26 PM »

Brain is the best drummer they have EVER had... besides Freese and that doesnt count...

Amen to that.  Freese would always be good to bring back.  I like Brain a lot though.  He is a great drummer and doesn't need a fucking ten minute solo before You Could Be Mine to prove that he is.  Fuck drum solos.  Fuck them hard.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2006, 09:29:04 PM »

Why is that so amusing??  Just because we have only heard him do one GNR song, doesn't mean we don't know he's one of the top drummers in the world.  HMMMMMMMM... How many fucking bands has he played with??  How many sessions in the studio has he done???  I think he has more studio sessions than any other drummer in the world.  And don't say he's just a good session drummer.  I saw APC last year and I didn't watch the rest of the band at all, just Freese.  He's the best drummer I have ever seen in person.  And he had a broken foot to top it off.  Brain is great though and I'm happy he's here.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
JustWckd
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2006, 09:29:11 PM »

Roll Eyes

Whatever dude.

nice comeback... you said hes off time... no hes not.. name any other song that doesnt sound like the way it was played originaly.... 

I named one.  Look at my original post.

Jesus, I'm so sick of how NOBODY on this board can have a legitimate discussion about the band.

You don't have to sackride everything about the band/songs.

Its okay to have differing opinions

And btw, many people can admit that he butchers YCBM.

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2006, 09:30:49 PM »

Where does he butcher YCBM?

I thought he nailed it Friday...

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12