Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:13:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228481 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who wants Brain out?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who wants Brain out?  (Read 17787 times)
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2006, 09:31:33 PM »

I'm not overly impressed with Brain, but Josh Freese's shoes are big shoes to fill. I still would've wanted Josh to be the drummer for GN'R. But Brain is it and since he's gonna help bring CD to the masses, I say more power to him.

I find it amusing that you say this. What has any GNR fan heard of Freese other than a wishy washy OMG off of End Of Days?

Why is that so amusing??  Just because we have only heard him do one GNR song, doesn't mean we don't know he's one of the top drummers in the world.  HMMMMMMMM... How many fucking bands has he played with??  How many sessions in the studio has he done???  I think he has more studio sessions than any other drummer in the world.  And don't say he's just a good session drummer.  I saw APC last year and I didn't watch the rest of the band at all, just Freese.  He's the best drummer I have ever seen in person.  And he had a broken foot to top it off.  Brain is great though and I'm happy he's here.

Freese is amazing.  I heard him wiht NIN when he was filling in and it sounded better than ever

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
JustWckd
Rocker

« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2006, 09:32:37 PM »

Where does he butcher YCBM?

I thought he nailed it Friday...

I'm referrering to every pre-Hammerstien cuz I haven't heard any quality boots of YCBM.  I'm waitng till RIR to pass judgement on this go around.

Even though I think Axl's voice is back Smiley

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2006, 09:34:31 PM »

Where does he butcher YCBM?

I thought he nailed it Friday...

I'm referrering to every pre-Hammerstien cuz I haven't heard any quality boots of YCBM.? I'm waitng till RIR to pass judgement on this go around.

Even though I think Axl's voice is back Smiley

So wait until you have something....I dunno, post-2002 to judge the guy on!

Who cares if he wiggles a top hat to much, or his wang to little...the guy is the shit, no jokes ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2006, 09:34:38 PM »

Brains one is way better than Matt's here!
it's not Brains fault the guitarplayers fuck up the intro.

and directly on topic, Brain is the best drummer to set foot in GNR. that said, there will probably never be a better drummer for GNR than Adler.
some people will think I contradict myself here, but others will understand what I mean, and to them.. ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2006, 09:36:32 PM »

Roll Eyes

Whatever dude.

nice comeback... you said hes off time... no hes not.. name any other song that doesnt sound like the way it was played originaly.... 

I named one.  Look at my original post.

Jesus, I'm so sick of how NOBODY on this board can have a legitimate discussion about the band.

You don't have to sackride everything about the band/songs.

Its okay to have differing opinions

And btw, many people can admit that he butchers YCBM.

what other song.. i havent seen you name anything but YCBM....
you said he was "off time".... are just deaf? or let me guess "your a drummer too" and your opinion is that of a drummer...

many people can admit that he butchers YCBM??  many people can admit axl is fat too.. doesnt mean its true..

he fucked up the intro one time in 01 and you fans say he "Fucks it up everytime"...lol

Im sure brain would just fucking laugh at you and your opinions of his playing...like most ppl with a clue do....
JustWckd
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2006, 09:37:11 PM »

and directly on topic, Brain is the best drummer to set foot in GNR. that said, there will probably never be a better drummer for GNR than Adler.
some people will think I contradict myself here, but others will understand what I mean, and to them.. ok

I got what you were saying

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
JustWckd
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2006, 09:39:18 PM »

Roll Eyes

Whatever dude.

nice comeback... you said hes off time... no hes not.. name any other song that doesnt sound like the way it was played originaly.... 

I named one.  Look at my or

iginal post.

Jesus, I'm so sick of how NOBODY on this board can have a legitimate discussion about the band.

you said he was "off time".... are just deaf? or let me guess "your a drummer too" and your opinion is that of a drummer...

many people can admit that he butchers YCBM??  many people can admit axl is fat too.. doesnt mean its true..

he fucked up the intro one time in 01 and you fans say he "Fucks it up everytime"...lol

Im sure brain would just fucking laugh at you and your opinions of his playing...like most ppl with a clue do....

You're a fucking moron that needs to learn how to read.  I said I don't like how he plays  ONE FUCKING SONG.  So why should I name another song?

I'm sorry, you know everything.  I guess everyone else should just stop posting b/c nobody but you has a clue.

Get a fucking life moron.

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2006, 09:44:40 PM »

Roll Eyes

Whatever dude.

iginal post.

You're a fucking moron that needs to learn how to read.  I said I don't like how he plays  ONE FUCKING SONG.  So why should I name another song?

I'm sorry, you know everything.  I guess everyone else should just stop posting b/c nobody but you has a clue.

theres the un intelligent response i was waiting for.... 
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2006, 09:44:59 PM »

I know what you mean with the Adler comment, but only during Appetite was he the best drummer FOR GNR (What, it took over 30 takes to get the drums right on Civil War because he was so fucked up).  Never will he be again though and thank God.  I can't stand Steven Adler anymore.

EDIT:  Guys can't we hug, make up and just try to get along???  We're fighting about if Brain fucked up the intro to YCBM and calling each other "fucking morons" because of it.  Everyone will always have differing opinions on everything here, don't take it so fucking personally all the time.  Just accept that we all have our own views and thoughts about things, and move on.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 09:47:33 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2006, 09:47:20 PM »

brain is an amazing drummer.  much much better than steven, perhaps better than matt, and maybe not as good as freese... i don't really know - i need to hear more from brain.  but he is by no means bushleague - here's another cool beat by brain.. check it out nuccas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J9E3k6oB4E&search=brian%20mantia

also check out "flight 19" on buckethead's bermuda triangle album.  i think that showcases some brain talent.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2006, 09:47:24 PM »

I"m a drummer myself (amateur, of course...but for 14 years or so) and although I've heard some snags in Brains' drumming in '02...Friday night he was dead on...ESPECIALLY with YCBM! In fact, I was waiting for that intro and he nailed it! Matt is by far a superior drummer when it comes to him and Steven, but Brain is certainly giving Matt a run for his money nowadays.

The entire band, in general, was dead on with most everything, Friday night. I really hope they've been rehearsing more new tunes from CD for future shows and these warm ups were just to blow the dust of the old classics (although I must say TWAT was fuckin' amazing on Friday!)

Still debating on whether to go tomorrow night....hmmmmmmmm.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
JustWckd
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2006, 09:50:02 PM »

Roll Eyes

Whatever dude.

iginal post.

Yeah,you've shown your intelligence.

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
JustWckd
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2006, 09:51:03 PM »

I"m a drummer myself (amateur, of course...but for 14 years or so) and although I've heard some snags in Brains' drumming in '02...Friday night he was dead on...ESPECIALLY with YCBM! In fact, I was waiting for that intro and he nailed it! Matt is by far a superior drummer when it comes to him and Steven, but Brain is certainly giving Matt a run for his money nowadays.

The entire band, in general, was dead on with most everything, Friday night. I really hope they've been rehearsing more new tunes from CD for future shows and these warm ups were just to blow the dust of the old classics (although I must say TWAT was fuckin' amazing on Friday!)

Thats good to hear.

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2006, 09:54:16 PM »

I just don't see them playing any different songs than what they have.  I wish they would go in there knowing 30 songs like the old band did and just play whatever they were in the mood for.  GNR has fallen into the trap of almost every single band in the world now, the same fucking setlist night after night.  Oh my god, they changed the order of the songs!!!!  That doesn't work for me and I know it doesn't work for anyone here that has been a GNR fan since the early days.  They have to rehearse more songs.  That was one of my favorite things about GNR back in the day, because you never knew what they were going to play.  Sure they had 10-15 songs that were ALWAYS in the set, but you still never knew what was in store.  And from what I have heard so far, I'm not a drummer but I am a musician with best friends that play drums (as if that counts for anything), and these last 3 shows for Brain have been great.  Like I said before, I'm really glad he is here.  That's how I feel about everyone else as well.  This is really becoming a real 'band'.  They are having a great time.  I mean look at Robin fucking crowd surfing!  Hell fucking yeah!!

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2006, 09:57:11 PM »

Roll Eyes

Whatever dude.

iginal post.

Yeah,you've shown your intelligence.

yes i have.. and you have shown your lack of any... "brain is always off time"... lol...
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2006, 10:03:04 PM »

Brain had huge shoes to fill. Mike Portnoy was more talented and Way more technically sound and schooled.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2006, 10:04:35 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ1suHblV3E&search=primus

there's Brain, you can't hear half the hi-hat stuff he does here, but damn I love his playin'!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2006, 10:05:59 PM »

Brain had huge shoes to fill. Mike Portnoy was more talented and Way more technically sound and schooled.

Isn't that Dream Theatre's Drummer???  I can't really give an honest opinion on him because I'm not a big fan of Dream Theatre at all and for that reason, don't know too many songs.  Give me a couple songs to check out if you don't mind.  I have heard from many people though that he is a great drummer.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2006, 10:14:21 PM »

Isn't that Dream Theatre's Drummer?Huh I can't really give an honest opinion on him because I'm not a big fan of Dream Theatre at all and for that reason, don't know too many songs.? Give me a couple songs to check out if you don't mind.? I have heard from many people though that he is a great drummer.

It is DT's drummer. Progressive metal. Listen to "Metropolis" for the tempo changes for starters. He could probably pull of AFD and UYI's with one arm and one leg. Big shoes to fill for Brain, right?

<Of course he wouldn't FIT well with GNR, but thats another thing alltogether>

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2006, 10:17:01 PM »

Brain is pretty good....always liked his style from primus to gnr and a few projects between peace

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: