Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:36:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  I KNOW HOW TO REUNITE SLASH AND AXL!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I KNOW HOW TO REUNITE SLASH AND AXL!  (Read 11625 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2006, 11:22:39 AM »

To be honest, all this talk about the guys not being able to play slash's leads on guitar...I doubt slash could play them now.

you have to be kidding me..  I know slash if 40 how can he make it.. I sure as hell know he can play the november rain solo beter then robin.. GUy tanks at it.. Even the solo at rosario dawson's party is off..

Can't belive gnr fans knock the guitarist that was the face of gnr and the sound of those great solos..

I wonder if queen fans bash brian may, and even if he left you couldn't deny what he did for the band..
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2006, 01:04:30 PM »

To be honest, all this talk about the guys not being able to play slash's leads on guitar...I doubt slash could play them now.

you have to be kidding me..  I know slash if 40 how can he make it.. I sure as hell know he can play the november rain solo beter then robin.. GUy tanks at it.. Even the solo at rosario dawson's party is off..

Can't belive gnr fans knock the guitarist that was the face of gnr and the sound of those great solos..

I wonder if queen fans bash brian may, and even if he left you couldn't deny what he did for the band..

Even though Slash's hair and top hop is pretty well known, he was hardly ever "the face" of GNR, that's always been Axl. But I totally agree that at one time he was "the sound". Also, I still think Robin tears the NR solo the fuck up!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2006, 01:22:30 PM »

you have to be kidding me..? I know slash if 40 how can he make it.. I sure as hell know he can play the november rain solo beter then robin.. GUy tanks at it.. Even the solo at rosario dawson's party is off..

Even though Slash's hair and top hop is pretty well known, he was hardly ever "the face" of GNR, that's always been Axl. But I totally agree that at one time he was "the sound". Also, I still think Robin tears the NR solo the fuck up!

I meant face of gnr as the guitarist... It was a duo axl n slash, the two best known guys..

yes he tears it up alright.. hihi

I was talking to people after NR the 17th and this was the topic how it sounded off..

I'm not knocking him as a player I just don't think he's ever been good at that nr double solo.. I even listened to the plum show, he sounds off..
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2006, 01:49:41 PM »

I meant face of gnr as the guitarist... It was a duo axl n slash, the two best known guys..

I was talking to people after NR the 17th and this was the topic how it sounded off..

I'm not knocking him as a player I just don't think he's ever been good at that nr double solo.. I even listened to the plum show, he sounds off..

I'm guessing he was off at the Plum show because he's always played it on a les paul and there he was playing it on a semi-hollow body. But I really thought that he was playing the solo alot better at the Hammerstein gigs then he was back in 02.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2006, 04:02:06 PM »

Doesnt need Slash?! WTF! This shit winds me up. Without Slash and the real band this site wouldnt even exist.

So instead you all want piano ballads about some chick that upset him 12 years ago, overlong nonsense with Civil War samples, average rockers with appalling lyrics (see IRS) and something as interminably terrible as Rhiad and Silkworms!

And Nu-metal tunes with a silly techno break in the middle to justify Chris Pitmans enormous paycheck for doing very very little (see Better).

If Axl is such a genius why has he not released anything for 13 years and still riding on the coat tales of a band that really stopped exisiting around 1996.

Guns was about danger, sick bluesy rock and roll, the guys in the band all ruled (except Dizzy of course). We have none of that now. We have Robin (am I a goth or a hippie - what should I look like Axl?) , Richard (do I look like Izzy enough for you Axl?) Brain (makes Sorum seem like John Bonham), Pitman (Why?!!), Dizzy (Yes Axl Sir!), Tommy (ok hes at least got some credibilty, but hes not Duff), Bumblefoot (seems ok, whats with the name though mate? Id stick with Ron!)

Flame away!

By the way, See you at Hammersmith. Where I might be eating my words, but more likely sitting on the balcony with a big joint thinking 'I hope Izzy is guesting tonight'.

Awesome post, dude.  Except I disagree with the part about Brain.  I would rather have Matt in the band, but Brain is an excellent drummer.  He was very good at the Hammerstein show I was at.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2006, 04:25:14 AM »

you have to be kidding me..? I know slash if 40 how can he make it.. I sure as hell know he can play the november rain solo beter then robin.. GUy tanks at it.. Even the solo at rosario dawson's party is off..

I'm guessing he was off at the Plum show because he's always played it on a les paul and there he was playing it on a semi-hollow body. But I really thought that he was playing the solo alot better at the Hammerstein gigs then he was back in 02.

he was definetly better this time around then in 02, I think he improved big time from then....  I think bfoot played the outro very well..
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2006, 09:00:29 AM »

he was definetly better this time around then in 02, I think he improved big time from then....  I think bfoot played the outro very well..

I've listened to most of the bootlegs from the last 3 shows I wasn't at and you're right Bumblefoot did play the outro well. I was always annoyed by Bucketheads version. It seemed to me that he was holding the main notes off key and I wasn't sure if he was doing it on purpose or not.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: