Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:43:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  should gnr play more new songs at their shows?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: should gnr play more new songs at their shows?  (Read 9371 times)
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 12:53:36 PM »

i'm just saying it's possible...

No. Totally Impossible and you know that.

hey...still no release date...nothing new being played at the shows...

axl toured once before and released nothing...how can you say it's impossible?

As pinball and neemo said. plus it was once (or twice?) mixed according to the members.
Was played in the club stereo. Are all those people lying?  Impossible.

Here's another thing:

"hey...still no release date..."

So going in that direction we all can affirm that there's no new CD from Iron Maiden(they ended the recordings, but no release date yet), that there's no new Sebastian Bach record, no Velvet Revolver record or a new Aerosmith record, since there's no release date yet, even thought all these bands said that they are recording them or will start to soon...that's stupid...

blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 01:04:01 PM »

i'm just saying it's possible...

No. Totally Impossible and you know that.

hey...still no release date...nothing new being played at the shows...

axl toured once before and released nothing...how can you say it's impossible?

As pinball and neemo said. plus it was once (or twice?) mixed according to the members.
Was played in the club stereo. Are all those people lying?? Impossible.

Here's another thing:

"hey...still no release date..."

So going in that direction we all can affirm that there's no new CD from Iron Maiden(they ended the recordings, but no release date yet), that there's no new Sebastian Bach record, no Velvet Revolver record or a new Aerosmith record, since there's no release date yet, even thought all these bands said that they are recording them or will start to soon...that's stupid...

ha....yeah, but they haven't been talking about an album for 10 years without releasing it....

those other artists haven't given mutilple release dates and gone on tour....and then still failed to release the album...

those artists have earned credibility by actually DOING WHAT THEY SAY in the past
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 01:08:12 PM »

I agree, I think the setlist should be dominated by new shit. So what if we hear all the songs on the album. Do they suck so bad that we won't buy the album after hearing them live? Give me a break. At the beginning of the UYI tour in '91 the set was PACKED with new shit that no one had heard and Axl frequently remarked during the shows that playing all the Appetite stuff would be "a real pussy thing to do." That sounds like double talking jive to me...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 01:09:39 PM »

I agree, I think the setlist should be dominated by new shit. So what if we hear all the songs on the album. Do they suck so bad that we won't buy the album after hearing them live? Give me a break. At the beginning of the UYI tour in '91 the set was PACKED with new shit that no one had heard and Axl frequently remarked during the shows that playing all the Appetite stuff would be "a real pussy thing to do." That sounds like double talking jive to me...

yeah but in '90 and '91 there was no internet like it is today....last night we got boots as the show happened peace

blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2006, 01:10:28 PM »

I agree with ppbebe and pinball wizard...if CD doesn't exist why do these guys stick around? they all have other things on the go but they still choose to put it on hold for a fake album? Undecided i don't think so

they could be sticking around for the money...bands make TONS of money off of concerts....that's how they make the majority of their money....bands get next to nothing from record sales - the record companies get most of that money...

but arists get the majority of the money from ticket sales...

a band could get filthy rich from just one quick tour
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 01:12:38 PM »

I agree with ppbebe and pinball wizard...if CD doesn't exist why do these guys stick around? they all have other things on the go but they still choose to put it on hold for a fake album? Undecided i don't think so

they could be sticking around for the money...bands make TONS of money off of concerts....that's how they make the majority of their money....bands get next to nothing from record sales - the record companies get most of that money...

but arists get the majority of the money from ticket sales...

a band could get filthy rich from just one quick tour

well we'll see, but personally I beleive this album is half a "hair's bredth" of coming out "soon" hihi

blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2006, 01:17:30 PM »

this dude HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD with the statement above...

who cares about bootlegs and leaks...if the music is good, people are still going to buy the album...whether they've heard the songs or not.

why would anyone choose to listen to some shitty live recording rather than buying the actual album?

people want the studio versions...and people buy the albums for sentimental value...to add to their collections...

the fear of bootlegs and leaks getting onto the net is not an excuse to play a bunch of old-ass songs that were recorded by another band.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2006, 01:19:36 PM »

You will nto get to hear new shit until Axl is 100% certain CD is coming out and they are near that date of release. He isn't gonna play his new shit for the bootleggers to have a field day on. The set list will have a lot more new shit once the CD drops.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 01:21:18 PM »

You will nto get to hear new shit until Axl is 100% certain CD is coming out and they are near that date of release. He isn't gonna play his new shit for the bootleggers to have a field day on. The set list will have a lot more new shit once the CD drops.

who cares about bootlegs and leaks...if the music is good, people are still going to buy the album...whether they've heard the songs or not.

why would anyone choose to listen to some shitty live recording rather than buying the actual album?

people want the studio versions...and people buy the albums for sentimental value...to add to their collections...

the fear of bootlegs and leaks getting onto the net is not an excuse to play a bunch of old-ass songs that were recorded by another band.
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2006, 01:22:54 PM »

i hope they don't play any more new songs, the old songs are classics and deserved to be played - however i think there should be more variation in the set list and maybe doing alternative versions of new song - like acoustic or something, would be good
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2006, 01:26:52 PM »

Because Axl prob wants to debut his new material, the shit he is really banking on when its closer to go time or maybe not even until the CD is dropped. He doesn't want critics bashing it before it even hits the stands.. And well know negative press will follow Axl everywhere. Besides.. Too a lot of fans(the ones who are not of the forums, yeah there are a lot of them) this is still all new to them. They buy tickets to hear their favorites and I would too. When CD is dropped it will change a lot wit the GnR camp. Less older material and more new..

www.rosesofvelvet.com
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2006, 01:36:27 PM »

Because Axl prob wants to debut his new material, the shit he is really banking on when its closer to go time or maybe not even until the CD is dropped. He doesn't want critics bashing it before it even hits the stands.. And well know negative press will follow Axl everywhere. Besides.. Too a lot of fans(the ones who are not of the forums, yeah there are a lot of them) this is still all new to them. They buy tickets to hear their favorites and I would too. When CD is dropped it will change a lot wit the GnR camp. Less older material and more new..

if the new stuff is good....he wouldn't have to worry about critics bashing it...
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2006, 01:40:18 PM »

Maybe you are new to the media attention Axl gets.. Negative even if its positive.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Lowrlder54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2006, 02:08:27 PM »

Who gives a shit if we get the full album before its released. People are going to buy CD, its a legendary album. Live versions or even studio version leaks will probably decrease sales by less then 1 percent.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2006, 02:10:27 PM »

Who gives a shit if we get the full album before its released.

Axl Tongue thats why we get 2/3 old material Kiss

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2006, 02:16:24 PM »

Having been to two shows I can safely say when the new songs (even Blues, Madagascar and CD) are played, the crowd is visibly deflated.  Minus the few die hards who dig the new tracks (myself included) the rest of the audience is just chilling out...in the Mezz monday people were sitting down for the new songs.

its a catch 22, you can hear new songs, or you can go to a boring concert.

personally, i dig hearing the old songs, not like GNR has been touring for the past 15 years or so right?  This is the first time many people have even seen GNR live.  Why deprive SO many fans the opportunity to hear the classics (and there are SO many of them to be heard).

forget all the business side of things for a minute, just put yourself in a NON die hard position (if thats possible for some of you hahaha), you'd want to hear the old songs.

my girlfriend is NOT a gnr fan at all, and she had so much fun last night shes talking about going to wednesdays show - and it was b/c of songs like patience and NR and PC that she had such a great time, not the new songs.  I like being able to rock out and sing along to songs i know, not sit there listening to a song to see if i like it or not.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2006, 02:19:39 PM »

it's like the other poster said earlier:

they played tons of new stuff on the 91 tour before UYI were released...axl even said "it would be a pussy thing to do" to just play old shit from "appetite."

this new gnr just isn't behaving like a letgitimate band with its own original music. ?if i was in that band, and i'd spent 10 years recording tons of original music, i'd want to play it and show the world what i've created...i wouldn't play a bunch of old songs that were created by someone else.

they need to start playing their own music - the new band needs to step up and BECOME the new guns n roses...because right now they look like a bunch of desperate musicians who are willing to mooch off of the popularity of another band's songs, just to make a quick buck from touring.

BE YOUR OWN BAND, NEW-GNR...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 02:25:30 PM by blues rocker » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2006, 02:26:21 PM »

give it up blues rocker...they aren't gonna play the new shit till the albums is either close or already out.

that's it........deal Kiss

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2006, 02:34:39 PM »

give it up blues rocker...they aren't gonna play the new shit till the albums is either close or already out.

that's it........deal Kiss

Amen.

I think some of you are more concerned with hearing new songs that nobody else has ever heard then you are with having an amazing time at a concert.

And as for changing the set list...why??? just b/c some of us are going to multiple shows??  news flash, these shows aren't for HTGTH die hards who are going to all 4 shows.  Not everyone is as insane as us.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
brownstonemr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2006, 02:38:00 PM »

Well it seems weird that they are filming a dvd so soon..... Why release a DVD after an album has droppped that has no radio single on it? So either they are currently playing the next radio single or.......Well who knows. Maybe it is just for a video.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: