Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:35:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  should gnr play more new songs at their shows?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: should gnr play more new songs at their shows?  (Read 9354 times)
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« on: May 16, 2006, 10:53:07 AM »

I think the band is relying too much on the popularity of the old songs...

if they are to be respected and recognized as a legitimate band with their own music, they need to start playing their own shit.

I don't care if it pisses off the old-school fans who want to hear nothing but stuff from "appetite"...

gnr needs to prove that this band deserves as much respect as the original lineup...and the only way to do that is to start showing off their own material.

you don't see velvet revolver playing nothing but old gnr songs at their shows

this is not the original band...it is a NEW band....they need to start acting like it.

sure a couple of old songs here and there is fine...throw in "jungle" or "november rain"...but if they've got almost 3 albums-worth of material, they should fucking play it.

sure, people will bootleg it...but axl needs to accept that he can't keep the new stuff hidden forever...he might as well just get it out there and shut the critics up by showing us what the new band has to offer.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 10:55:07 AM by blues rocker » Logged
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 10:54:41 AM »

I think they should play some unheard songs, but I don't think the shows would be the same thing without the old ones.
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 10:59:55 AM »

I think they should play some unheard songs, but I don't think the shows would be the same thing without the old ones.

yeah...the shows wouldn't be the same...that's the way it should be...because this isn't the SAME band.

in my opinion they should play about 12 new songs and 6 or 7 old ones...

the current setlist has almost nothing new...what are they afraid of?
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 11:03:03 AM »

axl needs to be careful how many new songs he plays or before we know it, we'll have heard the whole album, i think it should stay as it is, just more UYI songs
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 11:06:54 AM »

axl needs to be careful how many new songs he plays or before we know it, we'll have heard the whole album, i think it should stay as it is, just more UYI songs

i don't care if the new shit gets out before the album is released...that's the price they pay for waiting so long to release it. 

if he RELEASED THE FUCKING ALBUM, he wouldn't have to worry about the new songs being heard before it comes out...it's his own damn fault for delaying it so long.

this band needs to stop pretending it's 1987...it's 2006, and the band has new members and new songs...act like a real band and play your own shit, gnr.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 11:08:03 AM »

They can't go all out and play all new material cuz of all the boots that surface now adays....we'd have the album on boots

I think as time progresses we'll get more...but for now we get old stuff plus a prinlking of "new"

also i doubt axl will ever stop playing WTTJ, SCOM, NR, Patience, PC & YCBM....i think those 6 are here to stay peace but the rest will prolly leave at some point but not likely until the album is out ok

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 11:11:51 AM »

the setlist will change. first during the europe tour and than a complete new setlist for the US tour in fall when CD is supposed to come out... ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 11:36:42 AM »

the setlist will change. first during the europe tour and than a complete new setlist for the US tour in fall when CD is supposed to come out... ok

maybe...

the other possibility is that axl is just lying about having a new album to generate interest so he can milk the gnr name one last time on this tour.

that way he could make a ton of quick cash from the tour and then just dissapear, never to be heard from again...and never release an album

think about it...by saying he plans to release something new, that creates more interest in the band and in the shows...it prevents people from labeling him as a washed-up hack who just wants to ride the popularity of the original band for one last paycheck.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 11:51:29 AM by blues rocker » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 11:37:27 AM »

I am a one waiting for the time they make the set out of just Chinese democracy songs.

I think they play oldies mainly because they want to make the audience happy, which makes the performers happy.
So, I wouldn't say they should do so right now but Maybe gradually. 

circumstances alter cases. And cd may alter the circumstances.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 11:38:44 AM »

I think they will play more songs once the Album is out...but untill then, no.

maybe...

the other possibility is that axl is just lying about having a new album to generate interest so he can milk the gnr name one last time on this tour.

FUck off  ok

axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 11:41:51 AM »

If he really wanted to milk the gnr name he would have their songs in movies, commercials etc.  I think they will play more new songs as the tour grows.  I thought the mixture of new songs with old was fine.
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 11:42:42 AM »

maybe...

FUck off? ok

you fuck off...i'm just saying it's possible...you can't say i'm wrong until the album is in the stores.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 11:47:03 AM »

i'm just saying it's possible...

No. Totally Impossible and you know that.
molta02
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 11:58:37 AM »

I loved the new stuff, but nothing wrong with the old stuff.  I'm fine either way. beer peace

I could do without some of the guitar solos though...... no
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 11:59:46 AM »

hey...still no release date...nothing new being played at the shows...

axl toured once before and released nothing...how can you say it's impossible?
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 12:04:13 PM »

maybe...

FUck off  ok

you fuck off...i'm just saying it's possible...you can't say i'm wrong until the album is in the stores.

I think ppbebe said what I wanted to say...

So I'll rest my case...

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 12:11:51 PM »

I agree with ppbebe and pinball wizard...if CD doesn't exist why do these guys stick around? they all have other things on the go but they still choose to put it on hold for a fake album  Undecided i don't think so

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 12:14:02 PM »

I agree with ppbebe and pinball wizard...if CD doesn't exist why do these guys stick around? they all have other things on the go but they still choose to put it on hold for a fake album  Undecided i don't think so

Yes!

And I don't know any fake album with leaked songs on the internet  hihi

fif
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 12:19:49 PM »

Nope.  They're playing just the right mix of songs right now.  Remember, a lot of people at these shows have never heard Better, IRS, and TWAT before.  These songs are new to a majority of concert goers.  Throw in Maddy and The Blues and there's about 1/3 of a show of new material.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 12:22:45 PM »

hey...still no release date...nothing new being played at the shows...

axl toured once before and released nothing...how can you say it's impossible?

As pinball and neemo said. plus it was once (or twice?) mixed according to the members.
Was played in the club stereo. Are all those people lying?  Impossible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: