Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:29:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Pierre on 93.3 WMMR in Philly bashing Axl right now.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pierre on 93.3 WMMR in Philly bashing Axl right now.  (Read 13514 times)
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« on: May 16, 2006, 10:28:20 AM »

Pierre Robert, the afternoon guy on WMMR in Phily just spent the past 10 minutes bashing Axl Rose. Now they are talking phone calls from people to continue in the bashing.

http://www.wmmr.com

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 10:33:24 AM »

Night time DJ Matt Cord (the same guy that I wrote about yesterday: went to the shows, spoke highly of them, trying to interview Axl tonight) called in to defend him. I've decided now that his show will be the only time that I listen to MMR from now on, if at all.

This stations bias is rediculous. I bet as soon as the band comes to Philly these guys will do a complete turn around.

If you want to send some hate mail, their emails (Pierre, Preston & Steve, Jaxon) are all on the mmr website.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 10:35:05 AM by kunzerd » Logged

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 10:33:40 AM »

never heard of that douche, who is he?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 10:36:47 AM »

afternoon hippie dj on the station. just talked about how he doesnt like their music because he says bad things about immigrants and other minorities.

obviously he is an idiot who doesnt understand that sometimes you have to read between the lines in a song.

Ill see if i can do a transcript, i dont want you guys flooding to the stations site and giving them attention (unless its to throw in your two cents)

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
sandman
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 10:40:27 AM »

pierre robert is one of the most respected DJs in philly history. truly one of the greatest and nicest men you could ever meet. i've met him several times (one of my friends knows him well).

he was very angry at axl for cancelling in philly.

we all love axl, but we have to admit that he doesn't always treat his fans well. and not showing up for a concert, and not having the decency to talk to your fans about it, is pretty fucked up.

and people have the right to hold rock stars accountable. i actually agree with those people. but i am too big a fan of axl's music and live performances to stay away.

i accept it as part of being a gnr fan. most of us on here do. but that doesn't mean we should expect everyone else to feel the same way.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 10:42:44 AM »

pierre robert is one of the most respected DJs in philly history. truly one of the greatest and nicest men you could ever meet. i've met him several times (one of my friends knows him well).

we all love axl, but we have to admit that he doesn't always treat his fans well. and not showing up for a concert, and not having the decency to talk to your fans about it, is pretty fucked up.

and people have the right to hold rock stars accountable. i actually agree with those people. but i am too big a fan of axl's music and live performances to stay away.

i accept it as part of being a gnr fan. most of us on here do. but that doesn't mean we should expect everyone else to feel the same way.

i agree with holding rockstars accountable, but this stations DJ's are constantly ripping into him, almost to the point where i think its done just because its the IN thing to do right now.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
sandman
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 10:43:04 AM »

afternoon hippie dj on the station. just talked about how he doesnt like their music because he says bad things about immigrants and other minorities.

obviously he is an idiot who doesnt understand that sometimes you have to read between the lines in a song.

Ill see if i can do a transcript, i dont want you guys flooding to the stations site and giving them attention (unless its to throw in your two cents)

i'm surprised he said that. cause i know first hand he is a fan of their music. and he's a smart dude.

although he is gay. so maybe he takes some things a little too personally.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 10:46:27 AM »

i agree with holding rockstars accountable, but this stations DJ's are constantly ripping into him, almost to the point where i think its done just because its the IN thing to do right now.

i agree with you. totally pandering to the fans who hate him. it's a win-win....they play their music all the time so the fans are happy. but they rip them all the time so the haters are happy.

sweet justice will come in the fall when gnr releases a single and it's so good they have to play it on the air. and i will call and remind them daily how they are total frauds. and how they lied to their fans.

kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 10:46:40 AM »

i'm surprised he said that. cause i know first hand he is a fan of their music. and he's a smart dude.

although he is gay. so maybe he takes some things a little too personally.

yeah, he said he doesnt really like them and he doesnt always decide what he gets to play so he plays gnr when he has to

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
gator
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 10:47:36 AM »

"although he is gay."

say no more
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 10:49:23 AM »

i agree with you. totally pandering to the fans who hate him. it's a win-win....they play their music all the time so the fans are happy. but they rip them all the time so the haters are happy.

sweet justice will come in the fall when gnr releases a single and it's so good they have to play it on the air. and i will call and remind them daily how they are total frauds. and how they lied to their fans.

ha, exactly.

thats why i think its important someone points these things out now, so the mmr listeners here (and there are quite a few) see later on how these guys are a bunch of tools.

except matt cord, he seems like a cool guy who is just into rock music.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 10:51:12 AM »

"although he is gay."

say no more

i dont see how that really has anything to do with it. i just thought that it was obvious that one in a million is written as a racist character, or someone just trying to blaim people/ stereotype people and that it wasnt about the bands actually feelings.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 11:05:49 AM »

Wait...people are still angry because of what heppent with the philly no-show? These people doesn't have a life?

Fuck off! It's been almost 4 years, GET OVER IT!!!

Metallica canceled all shows they were gonna do in Brasil in 2003, I was dying wanting to see them(Metallica was my second favorite band at that time), so they canceled the shows and never came back! But I got over it! It was supposed to be my first international gig, and they didn't show up, but fuck them! I don't care about it anymore!!!

So get over it!!!!! GN'R will do an american tour this year, maybe they book a date at philly, if they don't, just go see them somewhere near you!! Sometimes these people are too stupid...

If I decide to bash everyband that had gigs bokked here and didn't show up I'd spent the rest of my days bashing A LOT of bands!  yes But I have a life, I have better things to do, and looks like these people don't!

kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 11:07:11 AM »

Wait...people are still angry because of what heppent with the philly no-show? These people doesn't have a life?

Metallica canceled all shows they were gonna do in Brasil in 2003, I was dying wanting to see them(Metallica was my second favorite band at that time), so they canceled the shows and never came back! But I got over it! It was supposed to be my first international gig, and they didn't show up, but fuck them! I don't care about it anymore!!!

So get over it!!!!! GN'R will do an american tour this year, maybe they book a date at philly, if they don't, just go see them somewhere near you!! Sometimes these people are too stupid...

If I decide to bash everyband that had gigs bokked here and didn't show up I'd spent the rest of my days bashing A LOT of bands!? yes But I have a life, I have better things to do, and looks like these people don't!

why did metallica cancel?

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 11:14:17 AM »

He's a 55 year old hippie. Very spaced out I suppose you could say. I don't think he was ever a big fan of them, never a metal fan, but I suppose he appreciated the way GnR brought a sense of rawness back into Rock n Roll. Wmmr was never quite a classic rock station, however from 1980-1986 I'm sure they struggled to find new acts to play (Never played Tommy Tutone or Duran Duran style music), so they'd mix in alot of Who & Zeppelin. Still do a little bit.

This DJ, Pierre, does go off on Axl every now and then about the "One in a Million" lyrics, and it's insensitivity towards others. I don't think it's a huge deal, it's his opinion. And maybe some of you should quit defending Axl so much, I don't think there are many lines to read in between in the song, they are pretty clear cut.

I know for a fact he is not bashing Axl because it's the "In thing to do". After 2002 the station quit playing GnR until Axl gave some sort of expanation. Never came, so after a ?few months they began playing them again. I imagine Pierre wanted to hold out and still never play them. He does have alot of weight at that station. And as far as I know he is THE ONLY DJ at that station and in the city who bashes Axl. 1 DJ and people here get all upset. Big Deal, a aging hippie doesn't like Axl, there's a shocker!!

Did Metallica fill the stadium, have 2 opening acts play, then have fans sit there until 11:15?? Only to realize on their own the band isn't there?? ?No, didn't think so man..
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 11:20:02 AM »

If I decide to bash everyband that had gigs bokked here and didn't show up I'd spent the rest of my days bashing A LOT of bands!  yes But I have a life, I have better things to do, and looks like these people don't!

When a band comes to south america, usually, they do some kind of a "Package Deal" with other countries, like Uruguay and Argentina(for exemple). So they have to sell xxxx tickets counting all these countries. The concerts here in Brasil were almost sold out, but at Argentina wasn't selling a lot, so they canceld all concerts and said that "Lars wanted to rest" because of some problems with his leg(I don't remember right now).

So because Metallica wasn't selling tickets at Argentina, all the brazilian fans that almost sold out the concerts couldn't see them.

So I could be mad with Metallica 'till today because of that, but I'm not! I got my money back and that's all, I have better things to do then be mad with them forever...

SADIS
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 11:21:59 AM »

"although he is gay."

say no more

Shut up and grow up. Gays can be GnR fans too!
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 11:22:30 AM »

He's a 55 year old hippie. Very spaced out I suppose you could say. I don't think he was ever a big fan of them, never a metal fan, but I suppose he appreciated the way GnR brought a sense of rawness back into Rock n Roll. Wmmr was never quite a classic rock station, however from 1980-1986 I'm sure they struggled to find new acts to play (Never played Tommy Tutone or Duran Duran style music), so they'd mix in alot of Who & Zeppelin. Still do a little bit.

This DJ, Pierre, does go off on Axl every now and then about the "One in a Million" lyrics, and it's insensitivity towards others. I don't think it's a huge deal, it's his opinion. And maybe some of you should quit defending Axl so much, I don't think there are many lines to read in between in the song, they are pretty clear cut.

I know for a fact he is not bashing Axl because it's the "In thing to do". After 2002 the station quit playing GnR until Axl gave some sort of expanation. Never came, so after a ?few months they began playing them again. I imagine Pierre wanted to hold out and still never play them. He does have alot of weight at that station. And as far as I know he is THE ONLY DJ at that station and in the city who bashes Axl. 1 DJ and people here get all upset. Big Deal, a aging hippie doesn't like Axl, there's a shocker!!

Did Metallica fill the stadium, have 2 opening acts play, then have fans sit there until 11:15?? Only to realize on their own the band isn't there?? ?No, didn't think so man..

actually it was only for a few days that they stopped playing gnr. and its not just pierre that does it, the whole morning crew, jaxon in the afternoons, most of the station.

my problem isnt always with them expressing their opinion, its that immediately after expressing them they take a shit load of phone calls to back up their opinion making it look like everyone hates the band and the new music (they did this when IRS was leaked, then when dizzy showed up they acted like they were playing the song in support of the band).

they can have their opinions, thats fine, but its the way they present them, and further more its the idea that if axl comes back to north america and they make a huge comeback with CD, all these people will do a turn around and speak highly of it all, and i just cant backed that two faced behaviour.

maybe im still just pissed that they said Scott was a more talented singer.

- transcript will be posted here after they upload the podcast of the morning show so i can transcribe it.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 11:25:54 AM »

If I decide to bash everyband that had gigs bokked here and didn't show up I'd spent the rest of my days bashing A LOT of bands!? yes But I have a life, I have better things to do, and looks like these people don't!

When a band comes to south america, usually, they do some kind of a "Package Deal" with other countries, like Uruguay and Argentina(for exemple). So they have to sell xxxx tickets counting all these countries. The concerts here in Brasil were almost sold out, but at Argentina wasn't selling a lot, so they canceld all concerts and said that "Lars wanted to rest" because of some problems with his leg(I don't remember right now).

So because Metallica wasn't selling tickets at Argentina, all the brazilian fans that almost sold out the concerts couldn't see them.

So I could be mad with Metallica 'till today because of that, but I'm not! I got my money back and that's all, I have better things to do then be mad with them forever...

but you did get a reason. thats most of the reason for the hard feelings some people still have over the philly show. personally i kind of agree with you, over time you should just get over it. i actually was saying the entire day that i dont beleive it would happen until he was on stage, so i actually got what i expected, no shock there for me. but i can still see how some people would be mad, but it wouldnt cloud my judgement of what he is trying to accomplish now.  i think the radio station is trying to feed off of that, and i think they help to continue its presence in the philly area. which i think can only hurt the band in the long run.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 11:26:16 AM »

Did Metallica fill the stadium, have 2 opening acts play, then have fans sit there until 11:15?? Only to realize on their own the band isn't there??  No, didn't think so man..

Did you got your money back?!? If don't, it's not Axl that you have to mad with, it's with the venue!  ok

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: