Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:23:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl & Tommy: Friction?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl & Tommy: Friction?  (Read 9153 times)
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 07:38:41 PM »

Tommy rules.  He can always do his own thing and he is talented as fuck. 
uncleslashbob
Headliner

Smith can you bring me some tea?

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 07:46:49 PM »

whats with rock stars and ego,whats with peoples ego anyway? you would think that people in a band which in its essence is a group working together would try to make sacrifices and such but to meit seems people are people and r just assholes whos heads r to big for there shoulders...everybody should just think to oneself that u will die at a time and thats most likely it and just chill and be happy and work together... nervous
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2006, 08:40:07 PM »

Tommy and Axl were apparently saying "I'm so sick of you" and "fuck you, fuck this, fuck that" a few days ago...

Now they are okay and everything, but maybe they aren't doing so well and are just getting through this. Tommy has been doing a lot of other things, and when Slash, Duff did this years ago, we all know what happened.

Just pointing it out, everyone is stoked on the return and shows, but this might be an issue soon.

yes

sorry but please merge this, I didn't see the previous thread. Sorry
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 08:46:07 PM by Thorned_Rose » Logged

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2006, 08:44:29 PM »

It hasnt gotten overlooked, believe me.

It looks like those two made up on stage though.
daveyjc
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2006, 08:48:53 PM »

god its early on to make rumours and ideas like this
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2006, 08:54:21 PM »

Its gonna be wild to hear Stinson and Rose argueing. Because Tommy Stinson has been in Axl's corner for years supporting him.
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2006, 08:57:49 PM »

where did this come from??

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
badapple81
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2006, 09:37:40 PM »

Tell me a situation in life where you don't fight with your work mates, friends etc every so often and then go and a have a beer and it's all sorted? Smiley

No big deal and the hug certainly shows it's all sorted. And as Dave said it could be a good thing  Smiley
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 03:00:28 AM »

No biggie. Finck and Axl used to fight/argue all the time when Finck joined the band. It's just the way it is when you're in a band and you work together.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2006, 03:17:37 AM »

it only takes somethin' bullshit like this for one of you guys to start blabbin' that Tommy might quit n' stir up trouble!! Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
sandman
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2006, 04:05:35 AM »

does tommy still do coke (and/or other drugs)Huh

if so, that could cause problems.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2006, 04:07:45 AM »

So could eating the last slice of Axl's pepperoni pizza, but that's not it. So to answer your question, no.

Ok, when you're in a band, you argue. That's just the way it is. Here's what Robin Finck had to say about joining GN'R and working with Axl:
"I got a call from Axl Rose, who I never met at the time. He invited me to the studio as he was writing and recording songs. It was an invitation for a casual listen. Eventually, after about 8 weeks, we started playing together. We played some of my songs and finally I left the circus and was doing records with Axl, Josh, and Tommy, and what would have been a new Guns 'n Roses, if you will.

We wrote and rehearsed and argued and laboriously recorded several records worth of musical material, which to the best of my knowledge Axl is still finishing. But my work was through. We had dozens of finished songs, as far as I was concerned, and we were waiting for Axl to complete the songs. So the timing was perfect. Nails were about to go on the road again, and I wanted to go out on the road with them."
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2006, 10:29:54 AM »

So could eating the last slice of Axl's pepperoni pizza, but that's not it. So to answer your question, no.

Ok, when you're in a band, you argue. That's just the way it is. Here's what Robin Finck had to say about joining GN'R and working with Axl:
"I got a call from Axl Rose, who I never met at the time. He invited me to the studio as he was writing and recording songs. It was an invitation for a casual listen. Eventually, after about 8 weeks, we started playing together. We played some of my songs and finally I left the circus and was doing records with Axl, Josh, and Tommy, and what would have been a new Guns 'n Roses, if you will.

We wrote and rehearsed and argued and laboriously recorded several records worth of musical material, which to the best of my knowledge Axl is still finishing. But my work was through. We had dozens of finished songs, as far as I was concerned, and we were waiting for Axl to complete the songs. So the timing was perfect. Nails were about to go on the road again, and I wanted to go out on the road with them."

Whens that interview from?
Olorin
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2006, 10:43:10 AM »

What was the interview Tommy did on radio a while back, when he refused to talk about GN'R?

Mabye they were on shaky terms back then too.

I wouldnt be suprised if the friction was partly caused by Axls refusal to play new material, music that this version of GN'R actually made. It must be so frustrating to have to play other peoples music when you have been working on new material for so many long years.

And I thought the 2002 tour was "To say goodbye to the old stuff"?
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »

I am not sure, I found it at this website a few years back: http://www.geocities.com/reviewarch/archive/475/robinf.htm

I wanted to use that part of the interview to illustrate the fact that all bands, in this case GN'R, argue from time to time (not just Axl and Tommy). It doesn't mean anybody's gonna quit or anything. It's just a natural component of being in a band.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 04:45:48 PM by Guns N' Neurosis » Logged
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2006, 04:54:07 PM »

I am not sure, I found it at this website a few years back: http://www.geocities.com/reviewarch/archive/475/robinf.htm

I wanted to use that part of the interview to illustrate the fact that all bands, in this case GN'R, argue from time to time (not just Axl and Tommy). It doesn't mean anybody's gonna quit or anything. It's just a natural component of being in a band.

If I'm not mistaken, Robin said this when he left GN'R in july 1999 to re-join NIN.
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2006, 04:56:12 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, Robin said this when he left GN'R in july 1999 to re-join NIN.

Yes it was 1999  ok
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2006, 05:20:40 PM »

I think some of you have too much time on your hands.

I saw the band on the 12th and they were fucking tight!

The bandSounded 100% better than '02, and also were alot looser.

They were having a fucking great time, especially Finck, Stinson, and Rose.

Finck was playing with everyone, including Pittman, and Stinson looked like he woudn't want to be anywhere else.

Tommy was clowning around during Patience, when he had nothing to play, and had a grin like has was real happy the whole night.

I think at one point he was even rolling around on the floor, during Paradise City, i think, correct me if I am wrong.

2002 was band of musicians plaing together, May 12 was a BAND. Completely different feel, everything felt right, I know why Axl said it felt good, you could tell, they surprised the hell out of me.

BTW, Finck has stepped up, BIG TIME. He is a leader in this band, and proved it.

Behold, the evil that men do...
Chief
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2006, 06:10:35 PM »

I totally agree there. unlike before where you'd see glimpses.. this time this band is really gelling and having so much FUN up there!!!!!

I think some of you have too much time on your hands.

I saw the band on the 12th and they were fucking tight!

The bandSounded 100% better than '02, and also were alot looser.

They were having a fucking great time, especially Finck, Stinson, and Rose.

Finck was playing with everyone, including Pittman, and Stinson looked like he woudn't want to be anywhere else.

Tommy was clowning around during Patience, when he had nothing to play, and had a grin like has was real happy the whole night.

I think at one point he was even rolling around on the floor, during Paradise City, i think, correct me if I am wrong.

2002 was band of musicians plaing together, May 12 was a BAND. Completely different feel, everything felt right, I know why Axl said it felt good, you could tell, they surprised the hell out of me.

BTW, Finck has stepped up, BIG TIME. He is a leader in this band, and proved it.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2006, 06:16:00 PM »

The General making sure Axl doesn't get carried away!  ok

That's a hatrick for Doull
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: