Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:18:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  **UPDATED** NEW YORK SHOW(S) TICKET THREAD!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: **UPDATED** NEW YORK SHOW(S) TICKET THREAD!!!!!  (Read 135900 times)
fif
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #720 on: April 20, 2006, 03:29:58 PM »

I found two other sites like Stubhub that have tickets for $100 earlier today. ?If I can find the websites I'll let you know what they are.
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #721 on: April 20, 2006, 03:37:20 PM »

*IF* you are looking for tickets and are going to pay over face value for them - the prices at least seem semi-reasonable on stubhub and over on Craigslist.  I'd exhaust all possible avenues w/ your fellow fans first, though.  Craigslist ticket link: http://newyork.craigslist.org/tix/ .

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #722 on: April 20, 2006, 03:47:43 PM »

there are tickets already selling for as much as $350 on Ebay with a high asking price of $580.

GnR fans are fucking crazy Undecided

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #723 on: April 20, 2006, 03:50:13 PM »

*IF* you are looking for tickets and are going to pay over face value for them - the prices at least seem semi-reasonable on stubhub and over on Craigslist.? I'd exhaust all possible avenues w/ your fellow fans first, though.? Craigslist ticket link: http://newyork.craigslist.org/tix/ .

-darknemus

I bought VR tix for the Electric Factory show off the Craigslist and paid $15 each more than face for the tix....

I saw them being sold for about $100 for these shows
Takemedown
Headliner

Livin' Life Full Throttle

« Reply #724 on: April 20, 2006, 04:00:32 PM »

I bought tickets from stubhub for 118, which I don't think is that bad.

Once tomorrow rolls around, the tickets are sold out -the brokers know we have no other options.? I think the ticket prices will go through the roof.

Same here dude. If there's only 25% of tix left for the gen. public, forget it!  And after tomorrow those prices are gonna go way up! But be careful peeps 'cause a big risk is if the show gets shit-canned, you're fucked.  Happened to me w/ a white striopes show at central park summerstage. got tix on craigslist, guy never returned my calls... Angry
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #725 on: April 20, 2006, 04:07:52 PM »

there are tickets already selling for as much as $350 on Ebay with a high asking price of $580.

In fairness thats for two tickets, not one individual.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #726 on: April 20, 2006, 04:09:24 PM »

The only way to knock out ticket scalping is to have tickets picked up the night of the show at a will call window.

I am in the Prince fanclub and we get first row seats but u have to pick them up the night of the concert and show your ID.

makes it next to impossible to scalp.

I feel bad and think its pretty fucking lame that people would take advantage of Mysteron and buy tickets so they could make a profit by selling them.

Very Lame!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #727 on: April 20, 2006, 04:12:43 PM »

oh sorry thank for correcting me....

still that is 3x - 5x the face value....not really "fairness" IMO since the presale was for fans that were going to attend Tongue

philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #728 on: April 20, 2006, 04:13:30 PM »

so was this a success?
id just like to echo that it was pretty fucking cool the effort put in to give the fans a fair chance (over in europe the ticket fiasco really got out of hand this year with no glastonbury festival, and with certain bigger acts playing smaller venues - namely radiohead and their fans) and if this technique has been a success it could be a major step for a while in beating the touts.

sorry for asking again, but its quite hard to tell (and probably just as hard to answer) from the posts on here just how successful this ploy was.
so, was it a success? a major success or a relative one?

again, it was a wonderful idea and effort on the part of those trying to help the fans and well done again for the effort. and if does prove a success, it could provide a blueprint for a few more concerts in the recent future (gnr or otherwise).
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #729 on: April 20, 2006, 04:15:55 PM »

still that is 3x - 5x the face value....not really "fairness" IMO since the presale was for fans that were going to attend Tongue

Sorry, those tickets and many others were listed before the presale. Its called a freemarket system. Not a "fair" one.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #730 on: April 20, 2006, 04:16:31 PM »

Guys, have any of you used stub hub before?

My email is flooded with people who have made travel plans and am considering directing them there to pay $118.00 if they choose too.

I just want to make sure it is a legit site!!!
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #731 on: April 20, 2006, 04:17:52 PM »

stubhub is very legit.  That would probably be one of the saftest ways to get tickets.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #732 on: April 20, 2006, 04:18:20 PM »

Sorry, those tickets and many others were listed before the presale. Its called a freemarket system. Not a "fair" one.

lol, I know it's not fair.....you are the one that brought up that term Tongue peace I was just letting people know what was currently on ebay Wink

jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #733 on: April 20, 2006, 04:20:09 PM »

Stub Hub will pay you back the $ if some one fucks you
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #734 on: April 20, 2006, 04:22:55 PM »

Guys, have any of you used stub hub before?

My email is flooded with people who have made travel plans and am considering directing them there to pay $118.00 if they choose too.

I just want to make sure it is a legit site!!!

If you really need tickets, stubhub is where it's at. If you pay the $$$, you will get a ticket. If the seller bails out, the company will find you an equal or better ticket, and charge any additional $$$ to the seller, or give you a full refund in the rare case they cannot find a ticket.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
crimson_joel
Headliner

Canada Loves GNR

« Reply #735 on: April 20, 2006, 04:24:01 PM »

I have 8 tickets to the Wednesday show...they are 2nd level mezzanie...is that any good? I'm thinking of trading some for floor - but I doubt anybody would give those up.

School's Out + GNR + Daily Show = Priceless.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #736 on: April 20, 2006, 04:25:05 PM »

stubhub is very legit.? That would probably be one of the saftest ways to get tickets.

agreed, one of the most on the net
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #737 on: April 20, 2006, 04:25:44 PM »

Stubhub, Ebay, etc... ?I've never been screwed on Ebay; you just have to know what you're doing. ?Look at feedback, and don't buy from anybody with less than 100%/98% positive, with at least 40-50 transactions... ?Good luck!

colma
Rocker

I BBQ llamas!

« Reply #738 on: April 20, 2006, 04:25:54 PM »

All of my stubhub experiences have been good. ?They usually only charge a 10% fee on the transaction and their shipping is via FedEx (costs a little more) but you get a confirmation number. ?

To say what we are thinking.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #739 on: April 20, 2006, 04:28:37 PM »

Again, this presale was announced by radio stations that had the passwords up on their sites which opened it up to 1000's of people that may not have been legit; don't blame Mysteron or Jarmo or any of the others, once the radio stations made the announcement, all bets were off
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: