Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:22:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  **UPDATED** NEW YORK SHOW(S) TICKET THREAD!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: **UPDATED** NEW YORK SHOW(S) TICKET THREAD!!!!!  (Read 135100 times)
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #300 on: April 17, 2006, 11:02:02 AM »

Wow.. thats crazy.? My flight roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale is only $148.? You'd think, if I were going by miles involved, the Boston - NYC trip would be alot cheaper.

-darknemus

I'll be paying about $200 to fly out of Raleigh. Unfortunately Jet Blue won't be coming to North Carolina until June.

Raven
Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #301 on: April 17, 2006, 11:02:36 AM »

The train out of Penn into New Haven looks good. ?It leaves at 3:15 AM but what if the show hasn't ended?!

12.03.02: Hartford
05.17.06: New York
11.08.06: Worcester
11.19.11: Hartford
04.14.12: Cleveland
07.23.16: East Rutherford
07.20.17: New York
10.11.17: New York
08.21.23: Boston
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #302 on: April 17, 2006, 11:04:38 AM »

Then you're stuck.  I've gotten stuck in the city overnight going to shows before.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #303 on: April 17, 2006, 11:06:10 AM »

The train out of Penn into New Haven looks good. ?It leaves at 3:15 AM but what if the show hasn't ended?!

3:15 AM? ?God, if the shows not over by then....given you're going back to Boston...you're not making it "first thing" unless you sprout wings anyhow!

Smiley

You could also pick up a train to NH from Waterbury or Hartford, FYI...if you want to limit your driving. ?NH is nice because of it's proximit to 91 and 95, but Hartford is plugged into 91, and Waterbury to 84, depending on where you are in MA.

I'll be coming back to NH after the show(s) as well, by the looks of things.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #304 on: April 17, 2006, 11:06:50 AM »

It depends when you take the subway, I was working in the bronx living in brooklyn being on teh subway at 3-4am, I saw it all, sometimes police around other times some real shady situations and real undesirables... When you are in a subway car going through harlem or hunt's point anything and everything comes through..? Not to mention when you are fucking lit up like many people might be after seeing the band

You can take a train from jfk these days, I never do because I drive eevrywhere.. The tran goes right down the van wyck expressway

Worse comes to worse there are trains near by after a short cab ride.

If there are some LARGE groups out there, who are all staying at the same hotel, getting a limo for the night would be the way to go.

A limo would be great, just have to hope you can trust everyone you are going to meet and they are going to have money.. Maybe if the people are friends from the area it would be cool.. I rather meet somehwere a week before and iron out the details so you know who is who and who is really in
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #305 on: April 17, 2006, 11:10:02 AM »

Does anyone in NY know how much parking is in the area.  I'm planning on driving down but I don't want to get stuck paying $100 for parking cause it's all I could find.  If parking is really bad, are there places in the suburbs to park where you can take transit downtown?

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #306 on: April 17, 2006, 11:10:25 AM »

It depends when you take the subway, I was working in the bronx living in brooklyn being on teh subway at 3-4am, I saw it all, sometimes police around other times some real shady situations and real undesirables... When you are in a subway car going through harlem or hunt's point anything and everything comes through..? Not to mention when you are fucking lit up like many people might be after seeing the band

You can take a train from jfk these days, I never do because I drive eevrywhere.. The tran goes right down the van wyck expressway

Worse comes to worse there are trains near by after a short cab ride.

If there are some LARGE groups out there, who are all staying at the same hotel, getting a limo for the night would be the way to go.

A limo would be great, just have to hope you can trust everyone you are going to meet and they are going to have money.. Maybe if the people are friends from the area it would be cool.. I rather meet somehwere a week before and iron out the details so you know who is who and who is really in

Depending on the hotel, you can work it all out with the concierge as far as limo charges. ?Most of the time they will split the charge amongst the hotel guests for you, if different rooms are sharing the car. ?You'd want to call ahead to iron that out with the concierge, of course. ?But they'll even arrange the car for you. ?The only issue is they won't shop around for best cost...they'll charge you whatever the hotels "stock rate" is. ?But you'll be assured of a reputable driver AND, on the flip side, that all the charges are appropriately split up.

Together again,
Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #307 on: April 17, 2006, 11:11:38 AM »

I'll be going back to Springfield, MA area rather than Boston so I'm only an hour from New Haven. ?But I'm mostly worried about missing the end of the show. ?We're not spending the night due to having to be back ASAP on the 18th.

Screw it. ?I won't miss the end of the show. ?Over my dead body. ? Grin

12.03.02: Hartford
05.17.06: New York
11.08.06: Worcester
11.19.11: Hartford
04.14.12: Cleveland
07.23.16: East Rutherford
07.20.17: New York
10.11.17: New York
08.21.23: Boston
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #308 on: April 17, 2006, 11:13:01 AM »

The Yankees are playing both nights, park at Yankee Stadium and hop the 4 train into town

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #309 on: April 17, 2006, 11:13:24 AM »

Does anyone in NY know how much parking is in the area.? I'm planning on driving down but I don't want to get stuck paying $100 for parking cause it's all I could find.? If parking is really bad, are there places in the suburbs to park where you can take transit downtown?

Expensive. ?The going rate is, if I remember correctly, about $18 to $20 PER HOUR downtown, unless you're going to a place that will validate. ?In addition, it's very hard to find open spaces, especially when there is an "event" in the area.

There are places in the "suburbs" (Flushing, for example) you can park at a train station and just take a train down to Penn and then back. ?However, check the metro transit schedules to make sure those lines run late so you don't get stuck. ?Nobody wants to pay a cab fare from the Hammerstein out to Flushing.

Together again,
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #310 on: April 17, 2006, 11:15:01 AM »

i think there is a bus that comes down from the boston area. not sure of price,etc but if interested I could ask my cousin and find out for any1 who might wanna use this transportation

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #311 on: April 17, 2006, 11:17:02 AM »

I'll be going back to Springfield, MA area rather than Boston so I'm only an hour from New Haven. ?But I'm mostly worried about missing the end of the show. ?We're not spending the night due to having to be back ASAP on the 18th.

Screw it. ?I won't miss the end of the show. ?Over my dead body. ? Grin

Heh heh...

$16 will get you a train ticket from Springfield to NH...it's about an hour and 30 min ride. Smiley

I'll bet you the show is over by 1 AM...maybe 1:30. 

Together again,
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #312 on: April 17, 2006, 11:17:17 AM »

I'm planning on staying at a hotel in the area for the night and I'll just leave my car out of the area. ?

Guys, don't plan on taking a limo cause you'll get there so late and you'll miss the good seats. ?Come out to a pre show party and we'll all celebrate.

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #313 on: April 17, 2006, 11:18:33 AM »

?However, check the metro transit schedules to make sure those lines run late so you don't get stuck. ?Nobody wants to pay a cab fare from the Hammerstein out to Flushing.

VERY GOOD ADVICE!! Learned that damn lesson in Boston 2002.  Missed the last train and had to pay $80 to go from Boston to Attleboro.  Not taking a train this time!!

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #314 on: April 17, 2006, 11:20:15 AM »

I'm planning on staying at a hotel in the area for the night and I'll just leave my car out of the area. ?

Guys, don't plan on taking a limo cause you'll get there so late and you'll miss the good seats. ?Come out to a pre show party and we'll all celebrate.

Limo's, in the city, will do drop off and pickup service.  They don't need to wait if you don't want them to, or will only wait for specified periods (for example, they'll drop you off at noon, and then come back at midnight and wait until the show is out).

You can usually park your car AT the hotel for much less...usually about $30 per day...if you're a guest there.

Together again,
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #315 on: April 17, 2006, 11:26:27 AM »

For those that are planning on going to both shows, here is a link to ticketmasters list of events happening may 15-17. Not too much intersting on the off day. It says Scorpions guitarist Uli Jon Roth is at BB Kings and the Yankees are at home playing Texas.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/browse?category=&area=New+York%2FTri-State+Area&rdc_syear=2006&rdc_smonth=5&rdc_sday=15&rdc_eyear=2006&rdc_emonth=5&rdc_eday=17&teVal=&type=range

Should we start a separate thread to possibly organize something for the off day?

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #316 on: April 17, 2006, 11:30:10 AM »

I saw this on the ticketmaster site:

Eddie Trunk of Q104.3FM Presents APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTON - New York's Premier Guns N' Roses Tribute Band! Come down after the GNR Hammerstein show and keep the party rockin’!!! -- Appetite for Destruction thrives on playing Guns N' Roses's music the way it was played by the actual members, on studio recordings and at live performances. The bottom line is that no one plays it like Gn'R. And that's exactly why we're Appetite for Destruction. Fans will remember that Guns N' Roses was not a poser band like a good portion of the ones that came out of Hollywood. Like Gn'R, we may not take the stage wearing makeup, but we can guarantee you that the music will kick your ass. www.gnrtribute.com

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #317 on: April 17, 2006, 11:30:31 AM »

For those that are planning on going to both shows, here is a link to ticketmasters list of events happening may 15-17. Not too much intersting on the off day. It says Scorpions guitarist Uli Jon Roth is at BB Kings and the Yankees are at home playing Texas.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/browse?category=&area=New+York%2FTri-State+Area&rdc_syear=2006&rdc_smonth=5&rdc_sday=15&rdc_eyear=2006&rdc_emonth=5&rdc_eday=17&teVal=&type=range

Should we start a separate thread to possibly organize something for the off day?

I've already got box seats lined up, if I'm able to make both shows, for the Yanks game. Smiley

If any of you are baseball fans.....even if you're not Yanks fans...do yourself a favor and head out to the Stadium. ?It's well worth the trip, I promise. ?Just don't root for the Rangers.....it could get messy.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #318 on: April 17, 2006, 11:31:39 AM »

I saw this on the ticketmaster site:

Eddie Trunk of Q104.3FM Presents APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTON - New York's Premier Guns N' Roses Tribute Band! Come down after the GNR Hammerstein show and keep the party rockin’!!! -- Appetite for Destruction thrives on playing Guns N' Roses's music the way it was played by the actual members, on studio recordings and at live performances. The bottom line is that no one plays it like Gn'R. And that's exactly why we're Appetite for Destruction. Fans will remember that Guns N' Roses was not a poser band like a good portion of the ones that came out of Hollywood. Like Gn'R, we may not take the stage wearing makeup, but we can guarantee you that the music will kick your ass. www.gnrtribute.com

Oh, wait...

Maybe I'll bag the yanks game.  Wonder if Eddie will really be there....That'd be some interesting conversation.

Together again,
alex420gnr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #319 on: April 17, 2006, 11:31:56 AM »

I need 2 tickets for the 15th

thanx

alex420gnr
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 56 Go Up Print