Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:43:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rolling Stone - Hammerstein!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rolling Stone - Hammerstein!  (Read 7605 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 06:12:41 PM »

Great review, exactly how I would sum up the night....it wasn't about the mistakes, or the lack of old gunners or even the new guitarist, it was about Axl returning to the rock scene with a vengeance and the crowd eating up every single second of it.? The "real" reviews shouldn't start till Rio.? Right now its just about one of the best frontmen of all time returning to give rock a major kick in the ass.

Well said.? It's too bad a lot of reviews are missing the motivation behind these shows.? The point of the Hammerstein shows, I believe, was to let the band "gel" together in front of a loyal crowd in an intimate setting.

Oh, and also to send one loud-ass wake up call to the world that GnR is back.? ?hihi
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 06:21:39 PM »

WOW! Rolling Stone coming through with a great review! Thanks for posting it.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2006, 06:22:22 PM »

Yeah, a good review is always nice to get.

Especially from Rollingstone.
hammerstein2006
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2006, 06:23:18 PM »

Yeah, a good review is always nice to get.

Especially from Rollingstone.

yeah, a good review from rolling stone is a good "fuck you" to the critics. Cool

FINCK FAN SINCE 2001, FUCK THE FRAUDS!!!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2006, 06:24:24 PM »

In regards to our new record . . . hold your breath for a little longer for that," he said

What does it mean? Huh

Hold your breath = Be prepared to wait
Axl meant we will wait a little more...Grin

I'm afraid. after "soon" and "in the next few month", now we have "a little more"...  with Axl's notion of time....I think in 10 years we will still wait nervous ?hihi

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2006, 06:32:58 PM »

IT is definitely nice to see this kind of review finally.

Although I do find it funny that RollingStone Magazine was regarded as nothing more than a journalistic rag that didn't know shit for giving VR 4 stars for Contraband, but now that they are the only magazine giving Guns the type of show review we all hoped to see they are suddenly a reputable source again.

Just goes to show we need to step back a little from using our "rose" colored glasses to determine the worth of an entire publication on the basis of one writer's opinions.
nothingman
Headliner

Kickin' back in the shadows

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2006, 06:34:47 PM »

I'm going from memory, but I thought he wasn't telling us to hold our breath for a little longer but thanking us for holding our breath for as long as we have, and said we are even better than David Blaine for holding our breath. I guess DB is some type of world record holder.

I really didn't get any sense of a prediction for CD.

...downloading motherfuckers...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2006, 06:38:20 PM »

I'm going from memory, but I thought he wasn't telling us to hold our breath for a little longer but thanking us for holding our breath for as long as we have, and said we are even better than David Blaine for holding our breath. I guess DB is some type of world record holder.

I really didn't get any sense of a prediction for CD.

Then let's keep fingers crossed for "fall/late fall," like he said during the Trunk interview...thanks for sharing what you heard!
crazyfool
Headliner

You dig what i'm saying?

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2006, 07:04:56 PM »

IT is definitely nice to see this kind of review finally.

Although I do find it funny that RollingStone Magazine was regarded as nothing more than a journalistic rag that didn't know shit for giving VR 4 stars for Contraband, but now that they are the only magazine giving Guns the type of show review we all hoped to see they are suddenly a reputable source again.

Just goes to show we need to step back a little from using our "rose" colored glasses to determine the worth of an entire publication on the basis of one writer's opinions.

I think that has more to do with the fact there are so many haters on this board that for some reason i can't figure out really resent VR and former members. 

12/6/02
5/12/06
5/14/06
11/10/06
4/9/16
6/26/16
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2006, 08:39:32 PM »

good article, much better written than that MTV yellow journalism piece.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2006, 08:48:25 PM »

So nice too, cause tons of people who actually know something about music read rollingstone.  MTV doesn't mean shit anymore.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2006, 11:09:39 PM »

How about instead of us holding our breath Axl releases the fucking album!  I got excited after the first Vegas show and in 2002 but can any of us honestly say that we are any closer to hearing this album?  Blaine was unsuccessful in his attempt to hold his breath, should anything be read into that?  Not trying to be a hater but I am sick of the innuendo about this supposed album.
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2006, 12:08:43 AM »

david blane is a magician that does all sorts of weird stuff. goes without food in a box for a week. stays in sub zero water for days etc etc.

one of his latest stunts (about 2 weeks ago, shows axl watches the news) was being submerged underwater to see how long he can hold his breath. he held it for 7mins something, then after that almost died and needed to be taken by ambulance to the hospital.

i just had to clear that up because i've read several times now people missing axl's david blane reference.
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2006, 12:23:38 AM »

Really nice article by Rolling stone  Smiley

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
Hatts
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2006, 01:38:58 AM »

Great fucking review.  My only argument would be the Robin Finck Fortus solo of "Beautiful" I really did think that was fucking cool.  It sounded amazing. 

I just got back to Iowa today from that show and let me tell all of you it was incredible.  Axl talked about how the show almost didn't happen because on the 13th he woke up and said he couldn't talk.  Man i'm so glad that worked out.

Axl and the whole band looked great.   The new gnr is fucking amazing.  You all have to get a load of these motherfuckers.  I hope the line up stays the same because i really think they got it now.  Finck was amazing! 

Hey and nothing against him, but what exactly does Chris Pittman do?  Last night when i saw him he wasn't doing much.  I'm sure he does more than i think but just curious.

Hatts

"If I thought that I was crazy well i guess i'd have more fun."
slashsaxl
VIP

I'll never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2006, 01:51:13 AM »

i wish i was there, now i gotta wait for the north american tour in the fall, god willing

rock n' roll

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll....
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: