Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:40:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 14th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 14th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!  (Read 93457 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #580 on: May 15, 2006, 03:48:21 AM »

yes i agree, he did sound better tonight, less jitters....im going tomorrow night, ill report on that...lol

but still though, even if he played like god, he's still a bore, he looks like a pizza delivery boy....no offense, but he looks like an 80s hold over, its a bad choice, real bad.......get someone cool n young!

but otherwise, hot show!!! slammin!!!!! but no twat, but now a rocketqueen!!!
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #581 on: May 15, 2006, 03:49:30 AM »

no blues tonight either! no brownstone!!! about 4-5 less songs tonight...
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #582 on: May 15, 2006, 03:53:17 AM »

I'm sure Bumblefoot will come up with a fresher look... when he actually has 15 minutes to think about it.... somehow I think he's been spending just about every waking moment the last week either practicing GN'R or performing GN'R...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #583 on: May 15, 2006, 03:53:32 AM »

How did Axl's voice sound ? Some said he had some problem... how long was the show ?

badapple81
« Reply #584 on: May 15, 2006, 03:56:46 AM »

I guess a shorter set would be to the benefit of those tomorrow. Two shows in two nights (after a great opening night and then one nights break), I imagine he needs to preserve something for the 3rd night, especially with not much break in between. Makes sense to do a slightly shorter set.

But as Axl himself says, I or nobody have no real idea what's going on - just guesswork.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #585 on: May 15, 2006, 03:59:26 AM »

i was on the floor but in the back friday, and he sounded a 10......tonight, i was way in front, and sounded a 10....he really sounded awesome!

and i wont be doin anything or sayin anything about bumblebee, although axl mentioned he was in the band for like a week or something....whatever, i say go with fortus n robin and forget a 3rd, no need, especially this dude
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #586 on: May 15, 2006, 04:35:54 AM »

it's amazing, EVERYBODY says "go with finck and fortus", this is my opinion too, I think Axl is making a mistake with his 3 guitar players thing. finck and fortus are enough.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #587 on: May 15, 2006, 04:42:52 AM »

I think the 3rd guitarist is incredible.  Ron Thal is amazing.  and a really really cool guy.   
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #588 on: May 15, 2006, 05:02:32 AM »

I think the 3rd guitarist is incredible.? Ron Thal is amazing.? and a really really cool guy.? ?

has anyone seen the pattern?

slash,
huge,
bucket,
thal,

who cares anyways... its all the same...
[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #589 on: May 15, 2006, 05:07:56 AM »

I didn't read all 30 pages, so i have only 1 question: Which song was played after Ron Thal's Solo? Was it Oh My God or Chinese Democracy? I've read different websites and forums and different ppl are stating both...

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #590 on: May 15, 2006, 05:09:46 AM »

I didn't read all 30 pages, so i have only 1 question: Which song was played after Ron Thal's Solo? Was it Oh My God or Chinese Democracy? I've read different websites and forums and different ppl are stating both...

it was CD, OMG was not played.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #591 on: May 15, 2006, 05:14:08 AM »

ill bet thal is gonna be amazing.....
[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #592 on: May 15, 2006, 06:06:32 AM »

Tnx, Timothy25

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #593 on: May 15, 2006, 06:17:26 AM »

Loved the show, but was very surpised by the Richard/Robin guitar duet of "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera.  Even more surprising was that I actually liked it.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #594 on: May 15, 2006, 06:53:33 AM »

Ok, I'm out everyone. Glad I could give you all updates, and hopefully they helped.

Thanks dude you rock...too bad your contacts had problems @ the end

that was the show!! I was there  Smiley

Great Nothingman ok there was lots of confusion last night thanks for clearing things up for us unfortunate souls peace

TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #595 on: May 15, 2006, 07:11:40 AM »

Last night's show was much better than Fridays. Friday night was a warm up show, last night was a concert. Robin had much mroe stage time than Bumblefoot which was a good thing since Robin is the star, and I think Axl figured that out on Friday. The band sounded better last night as well, much more like a rock band rather than a couple of guys who were replaying what they practiced and trying to hit every note dead on.

Again though, set list! No TWAT, no Maddy, no IRS...but Rocket Queen was there. That's the only complaint about last night. I'm kinda happy I don't have tickets to the next 2 shows because it looks as if it'll be the same songs over and over.

But a great night! Axl was in great spirits cracking jokes with the crowd and really seemed to be enjoying himself, even with the sound problems in the beginning of the set. Terrific show

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
PittsburghGunner
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #596 on: May 15, 2006, 07:24:16 AM »

what a disappointing setlist.  No TWAT, Maddy, or any other classic fan favorites they continue to ignore (estranged, don't cry, double talkin jive).

play something else besides all of appetite.  i had tix for this, but sold them at the last minute.  thank God I did not waste the money getting to NYC.  hopefully they improve the set list later on.   Undecided
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #597 on: May 15, 2006, 07:25:56 AM »

what a disappointing setlist.  No TWAT, Maddy, or any other classic fan favorites they continue to ignore (estranged, don't cry, double talkin jive).

play something else besides all of appetite.  i had tix for this, but sold them at the last minute.  thank God I did not waste the money getting to NYC.  hopefully they improve the set list later on.   Undecided

I am glad I saw them Friday then. Maddy was horrible though because of the sound. IRS didnt fare too well either because it sounded muddled. Glad they played them though. They will probably play Fridays setlist tonight.
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #598 on: May 15, 2006, 08:02:03 AM »

what a disappointing setlist.? No TWAT, Maddy, or any other classic fan favorites they continue to ignore (estranged, don't cry, double talkin jive).

play something else besides all of appetite.? i had tix for this, but sold them at the last minute.? thank God I did not waste the money getting to NYC.? hopefully they improve the set list later on.? ?Undecided

I am glad I saw them Friday then. Maddy was horrible though because of the sound. IRS didnt fare too well either because it sounded muddled. Glad they played them though. They will probably play Fridays setlist tonight.

I thought the same thing about IRS on Friday...that it sounded a little off. Even worse, was that last night, Axl came in too early singing the verse to paradise city. Friday night he blew the whistle too early, last night he sang the opening verse too soon; why can't he nail that song? He only closes with it every show  Wink

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
dougps88
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #599 on: May 15, 2006, 08:17:41 AM »

anybody know what time they went on stage last nite?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: