Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:12:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 14th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 14th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!  (Read 93499 times)
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #560 on: May 15, 2006, 02:48:39 AM »

Dear People,

I don't know how to put this into words. Is GNR "back"? Nope, probably not just yet, but "THEY ARE ON THEIR WAY!"
Tonite's show featured Axl in his best onstage form since EARLY UYI 1991-1992 tour, which is saying a lot. A hell of a lot.
Its fucking 2:45 am and I have work tomorrow.

I am excited for the first time since 2001 about the future prospects of AXL Rose and his increasingly Guns N' Roses. This show was head /shoulders and chest better than the the show I saw in Boston in 2002. THe money was 100% worth it. Its a must see show.

I'll report on the rest tomorrow cuz I need rest now.

peace
MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #561 on: May 15, 2006, 02:49:58 AM »

Dear People,

I don't know how to put this into words. Is GNR "back"? Nope, probably not just yet, but "THEY ARE ON THEIR WAY!"
Tonite's show featured Axl in his best onstage form since EARLY UYI 1991-1992 tour, which is saying a lot. A hell of a lot.

I am excited for the first time since 2001 about the future prospects of AXL Rose and his increasingly Guns N' Roses. This show was head /shoulders and chest better than the the show I saw in Boston in 2002. THe money was 100% worth it. Its a must see show.

peace
MNW

sweet dude!!!! thanx
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #562 on: May 15, 2006, 03:03:01 AM »

Not sure if this is the right section, but wtf, it's 3am. ? SO psyched that after the show, which was awesome once again, I got my ticket signed by Robin, Ron, BAZ!!!, & Dizzy! ?Everyone was very cool, esp Ron, who hung out & talked to the small group of fans for probably an hour. ?Axl ran out & jumped in his car & drove off, so I was a little disappointed about that, but it was a great time anyway. ?See you all tomorrow! ? beer
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #563 on: May 15, 2006, 03:07:32 AM »

Remember, these are just "rehersals"anyway. Axl said that tonight. I guess that is somewhat different from a real show.
He said something like "thanks for joining in the insanity that is the chaos of our live rehersals"
The tickets are a bit expensive if these are just rehearsals... Grin

I'll download it !
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #564 on: May 15, 2006, 03:10:18 AM »

Not sure if this is the right section, but wtf, it's 3am. ? SO psyched that after the show, which was awesome once again, I got my ticket signed by Robin, Ron, BAZ!!!, & Dizzy! ?Everyone was very cool, esp Ron, who hung out & talked to the small group of fans for probably an hour. ?Axl ran out & jumped in his car & drove off, so I was a little disappointed about that, but it was a great time anyway. ?See you all tomorrow! ? beer

Damn.? Wonder what the rush was?? He must really hate his fans if he literally runs to his car in order to avoid them. When he ran to his car did he dive headfirst into the backseat??
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 03:12:55 AM by axls#2 » Logged

What Goes around comes around!
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #565 on: May 15, 2006, 03:12:43 AM »

Not sure if this is the right section, but wtf, it's 3am.   SO psyched that after the show, which was awesome once again, I got my ticket signed by Robin, Ron, BAZ!!!, & Dizzy!  Everyone was very cool, esp Ron, who hung out & talked to the small group of fans for probably an hour.  Axl ran out & jumped in his car & drove off, so I was a little disappointed about that, but it was a great time anyway.  See you all tomorrow!   beer

wow!! sweet!! did he drive or he had a driver? what kind of car?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #566 on: May 15, 2006, 03:17:59 AM »

Dear People,

peace
MNW

I am happy that you enjoyed it.

Merck will sleep happier too.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #567 on: May 15, 2006, 03:24:57 AM »

Damn.? Wonder what the rush was?? He must really hate his fans if he literally runs to his car in order to avoid them. When he ran to his car did he dive headfirst into the backseat??

I'm not surprised. The dude has another show to perform in less than 24 hours... and he certainly has to rest his chords and get some sleep. The rest of the band can bullshit for several hours, grab some beers... catch a few Z's and still be good to go later tonight. Not so for a lead singer. Smart move Axl.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #568 on: May 15, 2006, 03:25:14 AM »

As far as the picture taking at the shows goes, if it states that cameras aren't allowed at the show, then that's the way it is. You can't really bitch for breaking the rules and then getting caught. They have every right to stop you from taking pictures. I'm not saying I think it's cool not to let fans take pictures, just don't get all pissed off when you get caught while knowing what the deal is.

yeah thats the way it is... but if you didnt pay for your ticket and your not paid to be there then walking around or pointing out ppl who are taking a shitty cam phone pic(look them for proof) is just being an asshole... he but lets all defend that cat coz his mom is axls go getter and pushes his luggage when he travels... lol.. what ever..

So, you are ok with the other security guards doing this, just not Beta's son?

Sounds like it's more a personal grudge than an actual principle you got there.

no bro.. its ok if its a security guard.. they are doing thier job... thats why they are there.. paid to watch for that... i dont have any personal grudge.. i dont know that dude from anyone... but if hes there for free and didnt get paid to walk around and "help" security then hes an asshole... jesus.. just enjoy the free show and be cool... hes gotta walk around and hasstle gnr fans..

And where is the indisputible evidence that he is not paid for his services?  Axl could've hired him as head of security, for all we know. Then it would be ok with you, right? Then he would be doing his job, just as Beta was his and Steph's nanny and now his personal assistant.

is he wearing a "security" shirt? no... i dont give a fuck who he is...if i paid for my ticket and wanted a shitty camera phone pic of the band and he started to hastle me i would fucking punch that dude...  you know.... what an asshole.. the show would be shit with out the crowd and fans.. and if you start hastling them for taking a god damn camera phone then you have issues... why are you defending this mother fucker? your on his "side" dude any fan wants to take a pic with a camera phone isnt hurting the band,.... you know what i remember a few years ago when an actual security paid by the local venue hastled a fan at a motley crue concert... that fucking guy got hit on the head with a bass guitar by nikki and a drink pored on his head by tommy... sixx called that guy a nigger on the mike and he was outta there.. sure its not the same but for fucks sake!! we are just wanting camera phone pics from the "warmup" shows.... hes an asshole... he thinks hes cool and trying to impress his bitches... axl didnt tell anyone to do that.. you think that he doesnt have other shit to worry about? he didnt know that was going on...and if you ever ever been to more than one or two rock shows you would know that... come on man..

Basically, you have no idea if the guy works for GN'R's security or not. That's all we're talking about here. I'm not on anyone's side, I just don't understand your argument. You have a problem with him not allowing people to take pictures (and his mother, for some unknown reason), not security guards (at least shirt-wearing ones) doing the same thing, yet you talk about some Motley Crue show and "official" security guards (whom I'm guessing wore "security shirts"). You're obviously very set in your ways, whatever they are. More power to you. But don't worry so much about the little things, it's not good for you.

Now back on topic before Jarmo kicks both our asses. It's all good...

How about that Chinese Democracy DVD?

lol.. right on dude.. nah i just dont like that kind of shit... im not even at the show but for some reason i dont like ppl giving a hard time to the fans, who are the reason the show is happening in the first place.. the show is happening coz of the fans .. not the band, like some bands like to think.......i fucking hope there is a dvd.. man i hope so.. i ordered the hob dvd a few years ago and it still hasnt shipped yet.. lol... i bet there will be some kind of dvd or video...
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #569 on: May 15, 2006, 03:28:01 AM »

As far as the picture taking at the shows goes, if it states that cameras aren't allowed at the show, then that's the way it is. You can't really bitch for breaking the rules and then getting caught. They have every right to stop you from taking pictures. I'm not saying I think it's cool not to let fans take pictures, just don't get all pissed off when you get caught while knowing what the deal is.

yeah thats the way it is... but if you didnt pay for your ticket and your not paid to be there then walking around or pointing out ppl who are taking a shitty cam phone pic(look them for proof) is just being an asshole... he but lets all defend that cat coz his mom is axls go getter and pushes his luggage when he travels... lol.. what ever..

So, you are ok with the other security guards doing this, just not Beta's son?

Sounds like it's more a personal grudge than an actual principle you got there.

no bro.. its ok if its a security guard.. they are doing thier job... thats why they are there.. paid to watch for that... i dont have any personal grudge.. i dont know that dude from anyone... but if hes there for free and didnt get paid to walk around and "help" security then hes an asshole... jesus.. just enjoy the free show and be cool... hes gotta walk around and hasstle gnr fans..

And where is the indisputible evidence that he is not paid for his services?? Axl could've hired him as head of security, for all we know. Then it would be ok with you, right? Then he would be doing his job, just as Beta was his and Steph's nanny and now his personal assistant.

is he wearing a "security" shirt? no... i dont give a fuck who he is...if i paid for my ticket and wanted a shitty camera phone pic of the band and he started to hastle me i would fucking punch that dude...? you know.... what an asshole.. the show would be shit with out the crowd and fans.. and if you start hastling them for taking a god damn camera phone then you have issues... why are you defending this mother fucker? your on his "side" dude any fan wants to take a pic with a camera phone isnt hurting the band,.... you know what i remember a few years ago when an actual security paid by the local venue hastled a fan at a motley crue concert... that fucking guy got hit on the head with a bass guitar by nikki and a drink pored on his head by tommy... sixx called that guy a nigger on the mike and he was outta there.. sure its not the same but for fucks sake!! we are just wanting camera phone pics from the "warmup" shows.... hes an asshole... he thinks hes cool and trying to impress his bitches... axl didnt tell anyone to do that.. you think that he doesnt have other shit to worry about? he didnt know that was going on...and if you ever ever been to more than one or two rock shows you would know that... come on man..

Basically, you have no idea if the guy works for GN'R's security or not. That's all we're talking about here. I'm not on anyone's side, I just don't understand your argument. You have a problem with him not allowing people to take pictures (and his mother, for some unknown reason), not security guards (at least shirt-wearing ones) doing the same thing, yet you talk about some Motley Crue show and "official" security guards (whom I'm guessing wore "security shirts"). You're obviously very set in your ways, whatever they are. More power to you. But don't worry so much about the little things, it's not good for you.

Now back on topic before Jarmo kicks both our asses. It's all good...

How about that Chinese Democracy DVD?

lol.. right on dude.. nah i just dont like that kind of shit... im not even at the show but for some reason i dont like ppl giving a hard time to the fans, who are the reason the show is happening in the first place.. the show is happening coz of the fans .. not the band, like some bands like to think.......i fucking hope there is a dvd.. man i hope so.. i ordered the hob dvd a few years ago and it still hasnt shipped yet.. lol... i bet there will be some kind of dvd or video...

I thought about ordering that DVD from that Japaneese Amazon or whatever it was, by GN'R standards, you should be getting your HOB DVD in the couple of years  hihi

But seriously, I can't wait for some behind the scenes stuff from this new line-up. To see rehearsals, recordings and live performances from tonight's show. It would be cool for those of us who didn't get to see them live in N.Y. tonight.
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #570 on: May 15, 2006, 03:28:28 AM »

so are there pics from this show at all
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #571 on: May 15, 2006, 03:29:30 AM »

I have seen a few pics in this thread.. search from the last couple of pages ?ok

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
EccoTides
« Reply #572 on: May 15, 2006, 03:31:55 AM »

To those that were there:

How were the intros to The Blues and Chinese Democracy? I really liked the change-ups from Friday, and I'm hoping that they represent the current/final versions of the songs.
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #573 on: May 15, 2006, 03:34:20 AM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=29890.new#new

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #574 on: May 15, 2006, 03:39:43 AM »

just got back from the show.....2nd night there,,,

tonight, i was floor, but this time, about 6 rows deep in front......i slammed....we slammed....i had a great time, tpnoght was another memorable night for a lifetime!!!!!!!!

seemed shorter...no maddy, no twat.....

bumblefuck was better i guess, but still a total bore and he looks like a 1989 loser....

axl rocked the fuckin house, he sounds AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! ?2 nights in a row!!!!! he sounds even better then in 02...

Better sounded SOOOOOOOOOOOO Good!!!!!!!! it was awesome...AXL PLEASE LISTEN, ITS THE FIRST SINGLE!!!

Robin's stage dive wast as cool as friday night, when he did it twice....what he did friday night was classic, its hard to reach that point of coolness.....tonight, it was cool but anticlimatic....it was like evreyone knew it was coming, he probably should have waited till next or last show to do it again.....but it was still cool...

tommy was his funny, cool self......richard rocked, but i missed his octave effect on maddy!! ?Sad

everything else basically kicked ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mustang harry's was kinda cool before hand, met some cool dudes, one a big motel crue fan...saw them later in the night...

fred durst was there after the show, leaning over the VIP side seats, shaking people's hands....what a loser....it woulda been cool if axl got wes borland, that could have replaced BH....this bumblee dude is a total negative,,,,,, ? no offense to hgim, of course Smiley
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #575 on: May 15, 2006, 03:40:39 AM »

So who saw me on the screen during Patience? I was wearing a pink bandana... (yeah, I'm gonna go with the pink theme every night, it stands out in the sea of black-shirts. And yes, i wash the shirt/bandana everynight, I'm not gross)
Anyway, my friend and I got front row against the gate, unreal experience. I cried again... harder this time, actually. ?
Anyway, Axl seemed to be having the time of his life! He was all smiles. I gotta work tomorrow morning, so I better go, but I'll type up more later, but I'm sure you'll hear all the details from the other people here. The show was great, it sounded amazing, the solos were wonderful, the set-list was killer, everyone's energy was great, Axl again looked and sounded like a million bucks, over-all: solid, spot-on show.

And man, Bumblefoot is the nicest guy. I was waiting after the show, too, and he was so cool with everyone. He stood around answering a million questions, signing shit, etc. I was joking around with him, he was just the most down-to-earth sweet guy. None of this has gotten to his head. Baz was pretty funny after the show, too, and my friend almost beat the hell outta MikeGuiliana.. ?hihi

See ya tomorrow

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #576 on: May 15, 2006, 03:42:35 AM »

fuck fred.. hes just a poser...sounds like a good time.. dont know why eveyrone hates bumbleshit already...
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #577 on: May 15, 2006, 03:45:19 AM »

Yeah Bfoot is solid. ?I saw both shows and will be at the 15/17th as well. ?His stage presence improved tremendously and his playing sounded a shitload better tonight. ?He nailed Better to the wall with his axe... it rocked.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
EccoTides
« Reply #578 on: May 15, 2006, 03:47:48 AM »

Thanks for the reviews, guys n' gals. Any thoughts on The Blues from tonight?
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #579 on: May 15, 2006, 03:48:10 AM »

fuck fred.. hes just a poser...sounds like a good time.. dont know why eveyrone hates bumbleshit already...

Give it a little time. Everyone was pissing in Buckethead's cheerios at the start too.... many of those same people were practically suicidal when he quit/got fired...

Bumblefoot is a BEAST... and a lot of people are going to be eating some serious crow in a few weeks/months... He's easily of Slash's and Buckethead's caliber... if not better...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: