Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:33:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash on Camp Freddy Radio May 13 - VR, AXL, GNR rumors will be addressed
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on Camp Freddy Radio May 13 - VR, AXL, GNR rumors will be addressed  (Read 16721 times)
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2006, 08:13:53 PM »

I'm glad they didn't get into a bunch of name calling and he said this bullshit.  They haven't been together for over a decaded so just go to the next question.  They were great when they were together but now there is a dff. GN'R.  Maybe someday they will play againg maybe not.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2006, 07:28:50 AM »

Rumor stuff aside, we finally got somewhat of an answer to why "Loving The Alien" has never been played - they just never put it on the setlist.? Matt also said they werent sure it would even make the record since it had a different feel from the rest of the record and was more thrown together than the other songs.? They indicated that they might play "Loving The Alien" sometime.

Wow that is awesome..  That must have been near the end of the interview cause I didn't hear it.. I was just thinking the the day how cool it would be if they busted it out next tour.   That would suck if that song was brushed under the rug.. There was a thead about peoples 3 favorite VR tunes on another board and almost everyone had that one in there....

eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2006, 09:16:22 AM »

I wonder why Slash didn't address some of the horrible rumors going around about his wife and her causing so much trouble in his professional life and her being portrayed as such an evil woman. I'm sure that the things being said about Perla must bother him terribly.

He did. Basically PErla wasnt happy about the divorce rumors which arent true. So yeh that answers that
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »

Matt: "I told the story last week that I ran into him [Rose] in New York and actually talked to him, and it was fairly pleasant. It was very pleasant, actually, but we were both drunk, so that helped."

this guy has definitely no balls.
hope Axl will dedicate him Double Talkin' Jive next time.

Slash: "I'm not gonna go into the whole long thing. It was just something that he [Axl] decided he was going to? It was a lot of this stuff was built to promote the next GUNS record and the tour and all that kind of stuff, 'cause there was this blatantly fabricated thing in there that I'd gone to his house and that he and I had a conversation in which I said all this stuff about my bandmates. And it's just blatantly untrue. For one, I have not talked to the guy in any way, shape or form since 1996, so it's going on 11 years. [Laughs] So that's basically it. There's just no truth to it. And all things considered, it put lot of whatever in people's minds that I was that kind of a guy, so it's? there you have it. So it's not true."

i can't see why Guns N'Roses needs that to promote the new album, it's just non sense.
so, two possibilities : GNR management put that thing in the press stuff, or Slash lies because he's embarrassed.
and i can understand that  hihi

U r a total & utter moron, then again what do i expect by ppl who feel they need to take sides over a favorite band of ours from 20  years ago i mean come on why? WHY? JUST ANSWER ME WHY?!?!?! & i bet u wont coz u have no reason ur just a miserable c**t

What did Matt say there that was wrong at all? tell me? TELL ME?  rant u stupid mother fucker (hey axl says it why cant i this is MY RANT). He said it was pleasant &t hat they were both drunk & u know what it does help ppl relax & talk esp to someone u have some history  or "beef" with that u havent seen ina  while

Umm theres more than 2 options there heaps some stupid kid who feels the need to bag the ex members, like u, put it in there (from what Gilby says that Axl didnt put it in & is shocked it was in the PR). & yes Guns N Roses do need prootion. 99% of the world has no idea when this albums coming, about axls radio appearance or the concerts. Sure its in the press but does everyone get to read it, or care to....NO! so it MAY have been to get ppl talking about GNR which in turn would help sales of the record

IM not bagging new GNR i like the music but im also not deluded into thinking that either Guns N Roses or Velvet Revolver is the most talked about thing since jesus christ
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2006, 03:39:53 PM »

U r a total & utter moron, then again what do i expect by ppl who feel they need to take sides over a favorite band of ours from 20  years ago i mean come on why? WHY? JUST ANSWER ME WHY?!?!?! & i bet u wont coz u have no reason ur just a miserable c**t

What did Matt say there that was wrong at all? tell me? TELL ME?  rant u stupid mother fucker (hey axl says it why cant i this is MY RANT). He said it was pleasant &t hat they were both drunk & u know what it does help ppl relax & talk esp to someone u have some history  or "beef" with that u havent seen ina  while

Umm theres more than 2 options there heaps some stupid kid who feels the need to bag the ex members, like u, put it in there (from what Gilby says that Axl didnt put it in & is shocked it was in the PR). & yes Guns N Roses do need prootion. 99% of the world has no idea when this albums coming, about axls radio appearance or the concerts. Sure its in the press but does everyone get to read it, or care to....NO! so it MAY have been to get ppl talking about GNR which in turn would help sales of the record

IM not bagging new GNR i like the music but im also not deluded into thinking that either Guns N Roses or Velvet Revolver is the most talked about thing since jesus christ

No need to stoop to insults.  Just ignore a post like that.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2006, 04:06:24 PM »

Matt: "I told the story last week that I ran into him [Rose] in New York and actually talked to him, and it was fairly pleasant. It was very pleasant, actually, but we were both drunk, so that helped."

this guy has definitely no balls.
hope Axl will dedicate him Double Talkin' Jive next time.

Slash: "I'm not gonna go into the whole long thing. It was just something that he [Axl] decided he was going to? It was a lot of this stuff was built to promote the next GUNS record and the tour and all that kind of stuff, 'cause there was this blatantly fabricated thing in there that I'd gone to his house and that he and I had a conversation in which I said all this stuff about my bandmates. And it's just blatantly untrue. For one, I have not talked to the guy in any way, shape or form since 1996, so it's going on 11 years. [Laughs] So that's basically it. There's just no truth to it. And all things considered, it put lot of whatever in people's minds that I was that kind of a guy, so it's? there you have it. So it's not true."

i can't see why Guns N'Roses needs that to promote the new album, it's just non sense.
so, two possibilities : GNR management put that thing in the press stuff, or Slash lies because he's embarrassed.
and i can understand that? hihi

Did you listen to the whole show just to post that and try to rip on Matt and Slash?  Believe it or not, to those people that don't post on this or any other GnR boards, most don't because they just don't care.  To them, the band died when Slash and Duff quit. 

Whether or not you or others believe that to be the case, it's the way alot of people think.  Even those that still support Axl.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2006, 04:44:14 PM »

and i can understand that? hihi

Well, if Slash is lying then Axl was lying when he told Rolling Stone he hadn't seen Slash in 10 years. Both of them have said the same thing  so isn't it possible that they are telling the truth and someone added that story to stir up shit? It wasn't even in the press release sent to the press. It was only sent here. Doesn't that sound suspicious?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2006, 05:05:57 PM »

U r a total & utter moron, then again what do i expect by ppl who feel they need to take sides over a favorite band of ours from 20? years ago i mean come on why? WHY? JUST ANSWER ME WHY?!?!?! & i bet u wont coz u have no reason ur just a miserable c**t

What did Matt say there that was wrong at all? tell me? TELL ME?? rant u stupid mother fucker (hey axl says it why cant i this is MY RANT).

Chill out, personal insults aren't allowed on this board.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2006, 11:46:12 PM »

I think that it would have been interesting if Slash would have talked about all of the horrible rumors going around about his wife Perla and where he thought that they came from. I know that all of the negative rumors about her must have really bothered him because in any interview with Slash if Perla's mentioned he speaks of her like he just loves her with all of his heart.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
axlkildgnr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2006, 01:11:57 AM »

Slash isn't the kind of person to talk about that stuff in public.

People on the message boards must be new GNR fans because I have never heard him say anything negative about Axl or anyone else in public.  (Except when he threatened CICI DEVILLE for copying the top hat look)

People that say Slash has lied or talks too, are very mistaken.

I'm sure he was very hurt by everything.  He is a nice guy, I only met him once but I've read other celebrities, musicians, coworkers, and fans comments and everyone says he's the most humble rock star they've ever met.

My wife's good friend worked with VR and helped hire one of their roadies, and has told her many times that Slash and Duff are awesome, guys who are actually kind of boring now, bnut that they are extremely nice and keep to themselves.

When I was lucky enough to meet Slash he was layed back signed over 50 autogrpahs, had a nice (short) conversation with me that he started --
and never said anything negative--even to the OLD GNr fans with no VR stuff and guys obviously wanting stuff for EBAy.
He was way cool and super polite not like other "Rock Stars" I've seen.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: