Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 05:31:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash on Camp Freddy Radio May 13 - VR, AXL, GNR rumors will be addressed
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on Camp Freddy Radio May 13 - VR, AXL, GNR rumors will be addressed  (Read 16771 times)
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2006, 09:05:30 AM »

I thought he had a 59 LP? if you look here http://slashsnakepit.chez-alice.fr/materiel/guitares/guitares.html
you can see one listed in the second picture. maybe it's a replica, and not properly tagged?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2006, 11:11:49 AM »

Can never have too many guitars!

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2006, 11:38:23 AM »

slash said he's not divorcing perla, eevrything we've been hearing are all lies.. How quickly everyone jumps on slash..
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2006, 11:54:03 AM »

I think he wants a mint condition new 59 Les Paul Flametop.  What he means by new is it was purchased, never played and just sat in its case all this time....
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2006, 01:17:13 PM »

slash said he's not divorcing perla, eevrything we've been hearing are all lies.. How quickly everyone jumps on slash..

Wouldn't it be interesting though to know who's been starting these rumors? Slash's supposed "divorce", did that e-mail that was alledgedly from Arlette inspire someone to invent a Slash and Perla divorce rumor? Things are just weird right now. If everything that we've been hearing about Slash lately are rumors, (and I'm sure that there's a good chance that they are), then it's almost like someone's out to make him look like an asshole. Like I said, weird!

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
Eric
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2006, 01:26:19 PM »

Metal Sludge seems to make up or post everything as truth these days-reunion rumors, and so-on-everytime a band has down time, people make shit up-I remember rumors of Tommy and Robin quitting after the Philly thing-there are never many rumors when a band is touring, selling records-in the 2 years VR toured, none of this came up
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2006, 01:31:29 PM »

Metal Sludge seems to make up or post everything as truth these days-reunion rumors, and so-on-everytime a band has down time, people make shit up-I remember rumors of Tommy and Robin quitting after the Philly thing-there are never many rumors when a band is touring, selling records-in the 2 years VR toured, none of this came up

OMG, Metal Sludge seems to thrive on posting anything negative that they hear before even attempting to find out if it's true. I couldn't even believe it when they came out with that "Duff back in rehab" nonsense.

Origen
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2006, 02:06:28 PM »

OMG, Metal Sludge seems to thrive on posting anything negative that they hear before even attempting to find out if it's true. I couldn't even believe it when they came out with that "Duff back in rehab" nonsense.

I know, and the worst thing about it was Duff was spending the time with his kids on some holiday while metalsludge were posting that about him.
gnr2k6
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2006, 03:10:53 PM »

this should keep the first 25 people happy
 http://download.yousendit.com/E2B14E2D314C5977
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2006, 06:16:56 AM »

thank you for that link - nice one.   ok
anythinggoes
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2006, 07:26:54 AM »

trumpet guy ruled "my girlfriend has both illusions thats hardcore" rofl

cool to hear Matt and Slash Chillin
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2006, 07:45:07 AM »

didn't get to listen to the whole thing yet but so far it has been pretty cool.. Thanks to whoever posted it...

Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2006, 09:05:01 AM »

VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash joined VR/ex-GNR drummer Matt Sorum this past Saturday, May 13, as a guest on Camp Freddy Radio. During the two-hour show, Slash addressed a number of topics, including the rumors that he was rejoining GUNS N' ROSES, Axl Rose's claim that Slash made an unannounced visit to Rose's house in October 2005, the reports that he had quit VELVET REVOLVER and filed for divorce, and the songwriting process for VR's sophomore album. A few excerpts from the broadcast follow (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET):

On the rumors that Slash was rejoining GUNS N' ROSES:

Slash: "I saw a thing that was put out that said something to the effect that I won't be doing any gigs until after a certain point [referring to a May 8, 2006 Associated Press article which stated that 'Slash may end up back in the band as well, but probably not before the Hammerstein shows.' ? Ed.] He put out some sort of? He [GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose] did a radio interview, I guess, in New York, and it said whatever city he was gonna be playing, it said it won't be until after that? And I was like, 'Where does this stuff come from?' But before that, the whole thing was, like, everybody just assumed that I'd quit VELVET REVOLVER and I was joining? Even you guys [speaking to Matt ? Ed.] thought that."

Matt: "Well, hey? You can't believe everything you read. [Laughs]"

Slash: "It was like all these rumors going around. So I just wanted to dispel that one. That one and the fact that I ever had a conversation with him [Axl] at all.'

Matt: "I told the story last week that I ran into him [Rose] in New York and actually talked to him, and it was fairly pleasant. It was very pleasant, actually, but we were both drunk, so that helped. [Laughs]"

Slash: "When we were on the red carpet last night [at the MusiCares MAP Fund benefit concert in Hollywood], that was the first thing that I went and talked about to what's-her-face from CNN, and [I was] just so inundated with questions about what's going on with VELVET REVOLVER, supposedly all this in-band fighting going on, and then all these rumors about GUNS N' ROSES, and this and that and the other, and I was just like? I've been minding my own business, sitting at home, working on the songs [for the new VELVET REVOLVER album]. I mean, the fact that people even care enough to start rumors or keep regurgitating them? it's amazing."

Matt: "I mean, I guess FALL OUT BOY isn't doing anything crazy to talk about, so they might as well talk about us old sods. [Laughs]"

Slash: "I guess that's one thing that's always gone along with that name, GUNS N' ROSES ? there's always been this controversial? just talk. [Laughs]"

Matt: "Well, like you were saying before, it didn't help us get through airports quickly. It's like, 'You guys over there, in the room. Drop your pants.' [Laughs]"

Slash: "I think this is the first time, though, that it's actually been so intrusive that I started, like, going? 'Cause I don't read? I don't get on the computer and read everything that's going on, so it's always by word of mouth. 'Oh, I heard this,' or 'I heard that.' 'Where'd you hear that?' 'Oh, it's online.' [Laughs]"

Matt: "You can't get away with anything in this world anymore, man ? I'm telling you. If you're down there in Atlanta hanging out with some stripper, the next day it's on the Internet, and if you've got an old lady back in? wherever. I mean, there's nothing you can do in the world that everybody isn't gonna put up on the Internet, and it's a real drag, actually. [Laughs]"

Slash: "In this case, though, it started stuff with my band. And, of course, that whole thing that I filed for divorce didn't go over well either. [Laughs]"

Matt: "The old lady didn't dig that too much. [Laughs]"

Slash: "No, that was like? [I was like], 'What are you talking about?' 'Look on your computer.' And I'd look on there? [It was written] very matter-of-factly, on the date that [supposedly] I did it? this, that and the other, and all things considered..."

On VELVET REVOLVER's current status:

Slash: "We're still a band and none of that stuff [the rumors] is?"

Matt: "We actually just recorded a song that we're gonna put on this movie. Do we have the movie? Or don't we? [Laughs]"

Slash: "I think they offered it to us and we have to give them song, and? It sounds really good, so I don't think there's gonna be a problem, like, 'Oh, I don't think that's what we wanted.' [Laughs] I mean, I guess that could happen, but I doubt it."

Matt: "It's this new Steven Spielberg flick. It's?"

Slash: "And [Robert] Zemeckis."

Matt: "And Zemeckis? yeah, I forgot about him. Zemeckis and Spielberg? And it's this animated flick called 'Monster House'. It's really cool. They took us down to see it in a private screening room and the whole deal. It was nice."

Slash: "Yeah, it should probably be a big movie."

On Axl Rose's claim that Slash made an unannounced 5:30 a.m. visit to Rose's house in October 2005 during which he stated, among other things, that "Duff was spineless," "Scott [Weiland] was a fraud," and that he "hates Matt Sorum":

Slash: "I'm not gonna go into the whole long thing. It was just something that he [Axl] decided he was going to? It was a lot of this stuff was built to promote the next GUNS record and the tour and all that kind of stuff, 'cause there was this blatantly fabricated thing in there that I'd gone to his house and that he and I had a conversation in which I said all this stuff about my bandmates. And it's just blatantly untrue. For one, I have not talked to the guy in any way, shape or form since 1996, so it's going on 11 years. [Laughs] So that's basically it. There's just no truth to it. And all things considered, it put lot of whatever in people's minds that I was that kind of a guy, so it's? there you have it. So it's not true."

On Slash's claim in a February 2006 interview that GUNS N' ROSES' "Chinese Democracy" would finally surface in March:

Slash: "I got a lot of flak for having said that, 'cause everybody through I was on glue. I'm the first guy to go? I would never have put out a date. But somebody who would know is who told me that, and that's somebody close to that side of the fence that told me, 'Oh, we got a March release date.' So I just repeated it, basically. It was somebody in the business. They made it sound like it is coming out on such and such a date. Really, I didn't realize that it was such a big deal. And I think some people were like, 'You've gotta be out of your mind.' But it was very sort of casual, in conversation."

On potential producers for the new VELVET REVOLVER album:

Slash: "I think Duff ran into Lenny [Kravitz] at some point and they were talking about producers, and Lenny offered his serverices. Something like that."

Matt: "We haven't actually figured out who's gonna produce it yet, but we are doing one song with this guy Dave Sardy, who produced JET and the new WOLFMOTHER band. We're kind of gonna go? I think we're gonna be a little nastier sound on this record, hopefully."

Slash: "The whole record thing? Everything that I've heard that everybody's been working on is just awesome."

Matt: "Yeah, we've got a bunch of songs, so we've basically? Everyone's kind of just been doing their own thing. You come off the road after being on the road together for 18 months and it's kind of like, 'I'll see you in a couple.' [Laughs] So we kind of all spread out. We've got a big pile of? Slash's got a pile of songs, and me and Duff got a couple of that we did together, and Dave's [Kushner] got one, and actually one that we're using for this movie."

Slash: "That's how this band seems to get together every time. We just do one song for a movie and that kick-starts the whole project. [Laughs]"

Matt: "It's gonna be kind of cool 'cause the song is coming out really good, so it'll get us out there again, 'cause we've kind of been out on the road. People don't realize that when you're out on the road that you're out there. I've just been on an 18-month tour.

"But the new album is gonna be good? very good. We don't know who's producing it yet.'

Slash: "A lot of good candidates."

Matt: "Everybody's just throwing it out there. Sometimes you get in a press thing or something and you might say something that maybe? Scott talked to Pharrell at the Grammys and then it became, like, an idea, but it hasn't been, like, engraved in stone or anything. And then, like, I? I talked to? Duff talked to Lenny Kravitz ? I was there when Duff was talking to him ? and it was sort of like, 'Let's just get together and see what we can come up with.' That kind of thing. It wasn't like, 'Hey, do the record.' It was more like just a couple of musicians getting together seeing what they could come up with, really."

Slash: "What really is casual conversation, once it hits the press, man, it gets turned into something else. Everybody who's out there listening sort of gets the wrong? gets the misconception, basically."

Matt: "So that's basically the story for now. We're definitely? I have my studio. We were over there the other day, and it seems like it's a pretty good vibe over there, so we're just gonna get in there and kind of demo everything up and get the songs happening, because, you know, it's all about the songs, my friend."

An MP3 file containing the audio of Slash's May 13 appearance on Camp Freddy Radio has been made available for download at this location (40 MB).
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2006, 09:06:14 AM »

sorry if this has already been posted! i did check though!!
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2006, 09:26:56 AM »

Matt: "I told the story last week that I ran into him [Rose] in New York and actually talked to him, and it was fairly pleasant. It was very pleasant, actually, but we were both drunk, so that helped."

this guy has definitely no balls.
hope Axl will dedicate him Double Talkin' Jive next time.

Slash: "I'm not gonna go into the whole long thing. It was just something that he [Axl] decided he was going to? It was a lot of this stuff was built to promote the next GUNS record and the tour and all that kind of stuff, 'cause there was this blatantly fabricated thing in there that I'd gone to his house and that he and I had a conversation in which I said all this stuff about my bandmates. And it's just blatantly untrue. For one, I have not talked to the guy in any way, shape or form since 1996, so it's going on 11 years. [Laughs] So that's basically it. There's just no truth to it. And all things considered, it put lot of whatever in people's minds that I was that kind of a guy, so it's? there you have it. So it's not true."

i can't see why Guns N'Roses needs that to promote the new album, it's just non sense.
so, two possibilities : GNR management put that thing in the press stuff, or Slash lies because he's embarrassed.
and i can understand that  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2006, 09:38:58 AM »

Matt: "I told the story last week that I ran into him [Rose] in New York and actually talked to him, and it was fairly pleasant. It was very pleasant, actually, but we were both drunk, so that helped."

Why has Matt got no balls exactly?
He doesn't diss Axl here, he just said it was pleasant because they were both drunk, and probably because of that, they both had their guards down. Whereas if they were both sober it might've been a different story.
There seems like no animosity there between Matt & Axl, so why are you carrying on as if there is?

Man, you Axl worshippers need to give it up. Roll Eyes

Anyway, that was a cool read, thanks for that. It's true how a tiny bit of online gossip can turn into such a big monster, I know I'm guilty of reading too deep into stuff like that myself.

VR sound as though they're in a really positive place and are confident with their new songs, which I like to hear. Bring on the new album! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2006, 02:14:48 PM »

Why has Matt got no balls exactly?
He doesn't diss Axl here, he just said it was pleasant because they were both drunk, and probably because of that, they both had their guards down. Whereas if they were both sober it might've been a different story.
There seems like no animosity there between Matt & Axl, so why are you carrying on as if there is?

Man, you Axl worshippers need to give it up. Roll Eyes

Anyway, that was a cool read, thanks for that. It's true how a tiny bit of online gossip can turn into such a big monster, I know I'm guilty of reading too deep into stuff like that myself.

VR sound as though they're in a really positive place and are confident with their new songs, which I like to hear. Bring on the new album! ok

You should download the whole show.. It was actually a pretty good listen. I havent gotten through the whole thing but it is definately entertaining if you are a fan of VR or Guns...

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2006, 03:37:50 PM »

Interesting stuff...its good to see Slash put some of those annying rumors to rest.  I want a reunion more than almost anything, but to have all these BS umors floating around is annoying.  Its good to have Slash set the record straight.  I'm looking forward to the new album.  I just listened to Contraband and it got me psyched for some new music from this band.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2006, 03:49:05 PM »

Rumor stuff aside, we finally got somewhat of an answer to why "Loving The Alien" has never been played - they just never put it on the setlist.  Matt also said they werent sure it would even make the record since it had a different feel from the rest of the record and was more thrown together than the other songs.  They indicated that they might play "Loving The Alien" sometime.
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2006, 06:24:29 PM »

I wonder why Slash didn't address some of the horrible rumors going around about his wife and her causing so much trouble in his professional life and her being portrayed as such an evil woman. I'm sure that the things being said about Perla must bother him terribly.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: