Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:37:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A Declaration of A GNR and other music... fan
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Declaration of A GNR and other music... fan  (Read 1502 times)
raven12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: May 14, 2006, 12:15:03 AM »

im gonna ramble a bit and not capitalize or puncuate, so bear with me. I'm a twenty year old kid, im not really sure if that is old or young or normal for this board.... but i have been a fan since my mother wouldnt allow me to watch the november rain video as a child. a lot of people on this board seem to care about how many tickets , media coverage, chart position and overal popularity of this gnr vs. the old gnr. well this is all good n' fun...who care, i guarantee this gnr will not be as popular as the old one, the new cd probably wont sell as many albums as the greatest hits, and im not sure if this is generational or not, but for some reason people like my father seem to care about stuff like this.. even if slash and axl got back together it still wouldnt be like it was in the early days, its a lot like pearl jam or new stuff from any band thas was huge a few years ago, audioslave will never be rage, or soundgarden, vr and new gnr will never compete with vintage guns. the haters are out in full force, but if you ask most of them what the defining sound of gnr was i believe about 90 percent of em will say its the voice of axl rose, does that constitute axl taking the gnr name and \doing what he wants with it, i dont know and  i dont really care, its a lot like people who go see and buy new paul mccartney albums or robert plant. i know that some people might be offended by this but its more based in truth than a lot of the arguments made here. if there was a show and 50 people showed up i wouldnt care and i would still rock as hard as if fifty thousand people were there, i dont care how many people buy the new album, i just want to hear the voice and music of a man who has been spinning in my ear almost every day since i convinced my cousin to buy me a use your illusion tape, i dont think popularity matters at all, i just wanna hear the music.i own cds and have gone to shows from bands that dont even chart top 100 and wouldnt dream of selling out the hammerstein, devo was huge, so was kc and the sunshine band popularity fades trends pass 50 cent will sell more albums than a new gnr cd,  and to those who call bullet for my valentine emo, i hate to break it to you, but they are heavier than anything gnr will or has done, emo is shit like dashboard confessional, jimmy eat world, the promise ring things like that. sorry about the ramblings, but to some this whole thing up, who cares about the popularity or media coverage, all i think any true gnr fan should care about is the fact that axl is playing shows, and even maybe putting out new material, the next installment of now thats what i call music will probably sell more than chinese democracy, and i highly doubt that axl will ever play, at least in america to crowds as big as they used to. love the music, love the band, and remember that michael jackson has the best selling album of all time
peace out
raven
ps{respond with thoughts and sorry about the length and non sequitors throughtout the ramblings}
Mr_Brownface
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 12:17:09 AM »

Paragraphs, please.
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 12:19:49 AM »

Damn.  If you're twelve, how could you have been around to watch november rain as a child
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 12:20:36 AM »

I don't really care about popularity, that's not what it's all about. I do care, however, that everyone needs to show their support and show Axl and the guys that the stuff is worth listening to and they were successful in creating something that affects us in one way or another.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
raven12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 12:21:28 AM »

im twenty
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 12:21:34 AM »

You can't say anything for sure.... a complete band overhaul and a very extended gap between albums for such a huge band has never been done before.

Green Day and Aerosmith both had comebacks late in their career though. ?You're right though, don't stress over it, just sit back and enjoy what's happening and let it unfold.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: