Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 10:08:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR fans - Why can we never be happy?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR fans - Why can we never be happy?  (Read 4042 times)
crazyfool
Headliner

You dig what i'm saying?

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2006, 11:37:19 PM »

but I'd just like to have a guitarist who's rock&roll and is into playing both old and new GN'R.... Is that too much to ask?

What does one have to do to be "rock&roll"? that's another thing i don't understand Undecided

Cuz that's what I got into GN'R for in the first place... When I became a fan, this was 'the most dangerous band in the world'. Allthough I like the new songs, with all these caracter's being brought in, it feels like I'm fan of a fuckin comic strip... Am I the only one who has this feeling. By the way, this has nothing to do about the shows being awesome, and Axl being great... Its about GN'R being the best band in the world, or the potential to become that once more...

I totally understand what you are saying and feel much the same way.  I was at the show last night, and enjoyed every minute of it, but you are right...not only was Guns music kickass...but they were kickass too.  Slash is just cool.  no matter what anyone says, i look at Slash and I say, wow thats a cool mother f'er.  when i look at buckethead i resist the urge to laugh.  i am really happy i got see Axl last night and the newer members of the band were great, they all looked less weird, and did a phenomenol job on the material....but to me, it still feels cheap to say that i have now seen guns n roses in concert.  i guess i can say that i saw new guns.  or that i saw axl.  but to me guns n roses will always include slash with a cig hanging out of his mouth, and a huge bass rig with Duff spray painted on it  ok

12/6/02
5/12/06
5/14/06
11/10/06
4/9/16
6/26/16
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2006, 11:50:11 PM »

I agree, be happy. Perfection is unattainable  and/or ephemeral.
molta02
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2006, 01:03:10 AM »

I am pumped to hear that last nites show went so well, and that Axl looked great and sounded great by all accounts.  I am going Wednesday, and I cant fuckin' wait.  I haven't heard any of the leaks yet, but cant wait to hear the new material and have a very open mind to accepting the new stuff with the new band.

To answer why some of us can never be happy, I think it starts with the fact that this isn't the real/original Guns N Roses.  Its basically Axl with a bunch of new guys.  Thats okay with me, as there is NO ONE with the presence and aura of Axl Rose.  The man is unbelievable, and can create a buzz and energy that can't be matched, no matter how long its been.  Chinese Democracy will be the 1st album in what 14 years, and will do very well just because its Axl/GnR.   

However, there are many people who are dissapointed with things because the original band was so F'n good, it was  unbelievable.  Appetite was/is the best album I have ever heard, and IMO the best of the era.  This band was so good and brought so much, they were virtually unstoppable.  And that carried on right through the UYI albums.  I think people aren't happy because they were so good and so talented, their potential was endless, and never went where many felt they could have gone. 

I don't necessarily feel this way, but know many who do.  I am just glad that GnR is playing and I get a chance to see them and the best frontman there is AXL ROSE in person next week. 
badapple81
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2006, 01:13:16 AM »

It's funny cos apart from that pope idiot I haven't seen ANY negativity! And it's because Axl has come through with the goods! The look, the voice, the set.. everything!

padje
Rocker

Breakdown! (No I mean it... break it all down...)

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2006, 03:19:32 AM »

Dude, the bitchers are a minority...

I'm not a hater, nor a bitcher... Tell me, why does GN'R need this guy? Tell me...
Were you at the show?

No, I wasn't. But I will be on june 2nd and july 2nd... Maybe I've got to see em for myself first to be convinced...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2006, 06:59:42 AM »

I'm not a hater, nor a bitcher... Tell me, why does GN'R need this guy? Tell me...

Because the material was written with three guitarists in mind?

Because GN'R today is a three guitarist band?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
shaun
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2006, 07:04:30 AM »

/jarmo

I am a little disapointed with GnR having only 3 guitarists. 5 guitarists and 2 drummers would have been way to go. Prince had 2 drummers, so maybe the new GnR could have gone one better and had 3 drummers, they do after-all have 2 keyboard players, well 3 if you include Axl  hihi

Cool
 Grin  rant  Smiley

smoking
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 07:08:18 AM by D0badog » Logged
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2006, 07:08:36 AM »

/jarmo

I am a little disapointed with GnR having only 3 guitarists. 5 guitarists and 2 drummers would have been way to go. Prince had 2 drummers, so maybe the new GnR could have gone one better and had 3 drummers, they do after-all have 2 keyboard players? hihi

? ? ? Cool
 Grin? rant? Smiley

? ? ? smoking

If they had any more members then i don't think they'd b able to play venues this size  ok
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2006, 07:11:48 AM »

New guns n roses are a big fucken dissapointment.

They're all wankers.

Even Axl

YES EVEN AXL!!!

I don't like bumblefoot

I hate them all and by association I hate slash, izzy, matt, etc

I had a barbecue yesterday (in the rain) and not one of the bastards turned up!

That's why I hate them!
 Tongue
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2006, 07:53:25 AM »

It's funny cos apart from that pope idiot I haven't seen ANY negativity! And it's because Axl has come through with the goods! The look, the voice, the set.. everything!

hmmm check out the bummplefoot posts in reviews in the "bumblefoot yes/no" thread. the we have a new guitarist thread....it just seemed everywhere i turned yesterday there was people bitching about one thing or another Undecided

people seem to have calmed down today hihi getting ready for tonights show i guess peace

SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2006, 09:15:52 AM »

D, I just watched Live at the Ritz 88.  Nothing can ever top that show.  Nothing.  D, I am sure Axl put on a great show, but nothing can touch that 88 show.

Great! Keep watching your DVDs and dont go to any new shows. More tickets for the rest of us.....
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2006, 09:23:14 AM »

Why doesn't everyone look at it another way - why don't Guns N' Roses need Bumblefoot?

Unless he made the performance worse, what is there to bitch about?

I'm just happy they're playing and enjoying themselves.

@#$%Funker
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2006, 09:30:26 AM »

I have to admit, I'm a guitar idiot.....I am not a person to analyse every note and compare to other guitarists.  When Bumblefoot came out, I had no clue who he was.  But I was happy because he looked like a rock n' roller.  Long hair, scruffy beard, low slung guitar.....just awesome. 

The man can play, that's all I can say.  He sounds good and I can be happy with that.  Why some people have to analyse everything is beyond me.  My fav band is back on the road and I got to be within 3 feet from 4 of them.  It's a wonderful thing Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2006, 09:36:46 AM »

hmmm check out the bummplefoot posts in reviews in the "bumblefoot yes/no" thread. the we have a new guitarist thread....it just seemed everywhere i turned yesterday there was people bitching about one thing or another Undecided

people seem to have calmed down today hihi getting ready for tonights show i guess peace

I think bumble will win many fans over by the time the whole tour has ended.  yes
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2006, 09:55:35 AM »

See here we go again, i don't get it....Now bumblefoot is apparently cool so now there is something new

we wanted varied setlists and now that the sets are varied we bitch about the content. WTF? Embarrassed

kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2006, 10:05:27 AM »

See here we go again, i don't get it....Now bumblefoot is apparently cool so now there is something new

we wanted varied setlists and now that the sets are varied we bitch about the content. WTF? Embarrassed

i totally agree with you. i posted a similar arguement on page 26 of the stickied may 15th thread.

i was there on friday. it was one of the best concerts ive ever been too, and im going back on wednesday. i have no complaints at all. couldnt have been happier. every song they played im happy with, every player on stage sounded great.

was bumble a little out of place? yeah, i couldnt see where his parts fit into the songs, but hes only been there for a week, give him time.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 10:07:09 AM by kunzerd » Logged

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2006, 10:24:08 AM »

A Dead Horse question if there ever was one:  Why can we never be happy?  Because we're pissed about waiting 15 years for our favorite band to deliver an album of new material.  That's what all the frustration boils down to.  That's the real source of our anger when we bitch about stupid, meaningless shit like Dizzy not wearing a shirt or a guitar shaped like a foot (which is truly ridiculous).

I went to the Friday and Sunday shows.  Loved them and had a great time.  But don't thank me for holding my breath.  Give me an album.  Please for the love of God I am begging you. 
Chief
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2006, 03:03:19 PM »

I guess the album issue is what it all boils down to, whoever said that is right. but i am REALLY happy right now.. very excited. the most ive been since around 2001, i think its finally happening!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2006, 03:30:53 PM »

i hope CD comes out soon Roll Eyes

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2006, 03:37:32 PM »

Axl is in top shape, and in great voice.  That is great news.  But until Slash is back with the band, there will be room for improvement.  Axl is at 100%, but I can't say I can ever forget about what Slash could do by his side musically.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: