Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 09:54:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR fans - Why can we never be happy?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR fans - Why can we never be happy?  (Read 4039 times)
Neemo
Legend

« on: May 13, 2006, 09:01:17 PM »

I'm just as bad as the next fan at times....with my Robin comments...but why is it that we must always find something to bitch about?

these should be some of the most exciting times we've had in a long time, but now there is all kindsa hate going out to Bumblefoot and his appearance, guitars, style....etc, etc....why can't we all get a long?

I mean people freak out cuz Buckethead is in and he has a bucket on his head and a mask and everyone wants him to look normal, so we get an average looking dude and people freak out cuz he has a foot guitar.....who the fuck cares? really... so what his guitar is a foot, lots of guitarists have weird shaped instruments...not a biggy IMO, Gene Simmons has a battleaxe for fuck sakes and Dimebag Darryll had one made out our corregated metal and there are other's I'm sure that have different shapes but I can't think of any right now. but what the hell it's like we can't be satisfied we always want more.

what would you do if your boss or parents or teachers or sposes or whoever bitched cuz you took a weekend off, then when you came in on monday they bitched cuz you wore improper clothing then when you changed your appearance they bitched cuz you didn't polish your shoes, then you polish them and they say that your deodorant is too strong....etc etc. like what the hell, ya see what i mean?

Fact of the matter is

a - Axl is back on the road, with a band
b - 1/3 of the material they played was from CD
c - from all reviews, they rocked
d - they're gonna play more shows
e - it looks like the album is finally due
f - Axl replaced buckethead with a competant player like most people wanted

....what more could we ask for? I know a reunion...but lets face it folks....it ain't happening. lets enjoy the ride cuz we never know when it may stop  beer
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 09:03:56 PM by Neemo » Logged

WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 09:02:40 PM »

I'm really fucking happy I just saw them yesterday and I'm going to see them monday

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 09:03:57 PM »

I dunno about you, mate, but I'm more than happy!
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 09:08:38 PM »

"You have no idea."
padje
Rocker

Breakdown! (No I mean it... break it all down...)

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 09:25:25 PM »

Well, I didn't see bubledude, bublehead....  hihi ok ok, thats not nice... But for real, in first place, the guy doesn't strike me as GN'R material... But who am I to judge? Axl thought he was good enough for the band, so ok, lets give him a chance. I didn't dig the whole buckethead alternate persona thing, I'm just not into chicken coop's and face's we don't get to see... But it looks like the majority of the people liked it, and don't get me wrong, I liked his guitar work and all. But come on, we've gone from slash, to a dude with a mask and a craving for bird flu or H5N1, and now we've got a guy who identifies himself with pedicure's and feet in general... I'd might be a pessimist, but I'd just like to have a guitarist who's rock&roll and is into playing both old and new GN'R.... Is that too much to ask?
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 09:30:58 PM »

neemo....you're right...

i was at the show, and i still say im just speaking what i heard and saw first-hand....the only wrong thing was this new dude....2 guitars, robin and fortus, would really rock and with two keyboards, this is totally possible.....especially since dizzy could and SHOULD play 3rd guitar when its needed

but you're right, im done complaining about this new dude.......the show was awesome...im going sunday and monday!! axl was really, really awesome....he really evolved this band into something totally credible and it showed last night...2002 was like the audition...now, they're ALREADY guns n roses...no new members....well, one......but they just look natural and comfortable....

AND ONE TIME.....robin's stage diving and mic stand throwing were totally awesome on PC....it was AWESOME!!!!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 09:31:47 PM »

but I'd just like to have a guitarist who's rock&roll and is into playing both old and new GN'R.... Is that too much to ask?

What does one have to do to be "rock&roll"? that's another thing i don't understand Undecided

illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 09:33:25 PM »

I dunno about you, mate, but I'm more than happy!

i've been on cloud 9 all day - i'm happy

Wake up. . . .time to die
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 09:35:33 PM »

I have no idea why anyone can be upset

they sounded amazing.

Axl kicked  more ass last night than any other GNR show EVER.

He looked great, sounded great.

Overall amazing.

If u bitch about last night, u need to find a new band to support.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 09:38:11 PM »

D, I just watched Live at the Ritz 88.  Nothing can ever top that show.  Nothing.  D, I am sure Axl put on a great show, but nothing can touch that 88 show.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 09:39:29 PM »

hhmmm...

agreed.
padje
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 09:49:41 PM »

but I'd just like to have a guitarist who's rock&roll and is into playing both old and new GN'R.... Is that too much to ask?

What does one have to do to be "rock&roll"? that's another thing i don't understand Undecided

Cuz that's what I got into GN'R for in the first place... When I became a fan, this was 'the most dangerous band in the world'. Allthough I like the new songs, with all these caracter's being brought in, it feels like I'm fan of a fuckin comic strip... Am I the only one who has this feeling. By the way, this has nothing to do about the shows being awesome, and Axl being great... Its about GN'R being the best band in the world, or the potential to become that once more...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2006, 09:55:07 PM »

no padje......what does a person have to do to be "Rock&Roll"? obviously playing and touring with a rock&roll band isn't enough Undecided

marino95
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2006, 10:03:12 PM »

I could really give a crap about BF - the show was awesome and as long as Axl Rose is involved - I'm in.

6/19/91  Landover, MD
6/22/91  Hampton, VA
9/7/92  Columbia, SC
4/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
5/28/04 VR - Wash DC (9:30 Club)
5/12/06 New York (1st show)
11/13/06 Baltimore, MD
2/23/12 Silver Spr
padje
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2006, 10:04:42 PM »

no padje......what does a person have to do to be "Rock&Roll"? obviously playing and touring with a rock&roll band isn't enough Undecided

Neemo, rock&roll is a broad lifestyle, I agree, but why does newGN'R need special caracters? Why isn't the band done with a singer, a drummer, two keyboard/piano dudes, a bass player, a rythem guitar player and a lead guitar player? Why does GN'R need a guy like bumblefoot? I'd might totally agree with everyone who's into bumblefoot now, once I've seen them. But right now, I'm asking myself, why does GN'R need this guy? What is he bringing into it extra, besides being awesome on guitar? From what I'm getting from the review's, Robin is doing quite allright on his own...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 10:07:51 PM by padje » Logged
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2006, 10:05:09 PM »

Dude, the bitchers are a minority...
padje
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2006, 10:06:58 PM »

I'm not a hater, nor a bitcher... Tell me, why does GN'R need this guy? Tell me...
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2006, 10:23:16 PM »

edit

WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2006, 10:23:46 PM »

I'm not a hater, nor a bitcher... Tell me, why does GN'R need this guy? Tell me...
Were you at the show?

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2006, 10:30:18 PM »

because he is a great player like you said above and because the songs were written for 3 live guitarists....I'm sorry Dizzy isn't a good enough player and he's a keyboardist besides peace

it's not even just bumblefoot though....axl's goatee, his choice of clothing, Pittman, what axl is seen eating, the list is silly and endless
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 10:33:19 PM by Neemo » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: