Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:21:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where are the mainstream media reviews??
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where are the mainstream media reviews??  (Read 5087 times)
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: May 13, 2006, 02:43:38 PM »

Anyone notice any yet?  I would assume that las nights show would definitley had gotten some decent press. 
kaddisonmoore
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 02:46:04 PM »

id say monday it will

the hardest part this troubled heart has ever yet been through now...
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=icecream&act=idx
Greatest Fucking Forum Ever Made By Myself and a friend
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 03:14:45 PM »

somebody check mtv.com. i'd go there but computer is being really slow right now.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 03:21:06 PM »

There's a NYT article that was just posted in the On Tour section for the 12th show....
CockSmear4000
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 03:22:27 PM »

wrong forum
mydixiewrecked73
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 03:27:57 PM »

Anyone notice any yet?  I would assume that las nights show would definitley had gotten some decent press. 

There was an article online saying nobody cared about the return of Guns. At least the mainstream didn't care.

With the way the music industry is these days, I doubt any real press will cover this.

They didn't cover Axl on Eddie Trunks show so why conver the concerts. Who cares, I don't want the mainstream to jump on the bandwagon again. They'll just ruin it again.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 03:28:53 PM »

times did a review
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 03:32:33 PM »

The Times review is going to make people think that the show was way crapier than it was.  The show was amazing and the new songs are really really good.  I hate the fucking New York Times. 
crimson_joel
Headliner

Canada Loves GNR

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 03:37:55 PM »

Show ended like after 1am right? Too late for most papers I would imagine, it will probably be picked up in the wires tomorrow as Sunday is usually a slow news day.

School's Out + GNR + Daily Show = Priceless.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 03:39:13 PM »

NY Times know shit about music!  Tongue
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 03:44:34 PM »

The times review said something about the audience not really responding to the new songs? I know that myself and everyone around me went fucking crazy when they started playing Better
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 05:07:35 PM by WhosGilby? » Logged

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 03:45:27 PM »

It doesn't matter what kind of reviews ?this concerts gets . It's not going to keep anyone from attending because the shows are sold out ?and the buzz on the street ?won't allow reviews to hurt GNR. ? There will always be haters nothing you can do about it. ? The only reviews that have some weight with the public are album reviews ?because people are such posers that they have to rely on idiots ?to make up their mind ?on what to buy and listen to .
Origen
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2006, 03:47:01 PM »

The only real thing I agree on with the Times Review is that these are warm up shows and yet theres no "experimentation" the setlist is basically the same as the 2002 tour with the leaks thrown in.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2006, 03:47:17 PM »

The New-York Times made a review... not a SINGLE WORD about Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson, Brain, Dizzy and Chris Pittman....af if they didn't exist. Fucking bastard journalist! Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 03:49:22 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2006, 04:16:24 PM »

The times review said something about the audience not really responding to the new songs? I know that myself and everyone around me went fucking crazy when they started playing that song

actually i noticed very light response to the new songs too. i like them, but not everyone does, and not everyone knows about them.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2006, 05:10:13 PM »

The times review said something about the audience not really responding to the new songs? I know that myself and everyone around me went fucking crazy when they started playing that song

actually i noticed very light response to the new songs too. i like them, but not everyone does, and not everyone knows about them.
Yeah I was up front with maybe the more "die hard" fans who would know the new songs better and react to them more

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2006, 07:07:57 PM »

The New-York Times made a review... not a SINGLE WORD about Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson, Brain, Dizzy and Chris Pittman....af if they didn't exist. Fucking bastard journalist! Lips Sealed
You can't expect media to know everything about GNR -- or much of anything, for that matter.? People here didn't even recognize Finck or Bumblefoot, and the critics would be be guessing if they named anybody else.? ?Nobody knew who was going to be on stage, and it's a good bet nobody at the venue told them, either.? That's because nobody in the GNR camp tells the media fuck all.? ?Lips Sealed? ?(And I wouldn't be surprised if the label didn't know squat, either).? It would take days for an average critic to do the research on this band, and then Axl will tell them they're assholes.? Can't really blame them for not going all out.? ?

Had this conversation with a journo friend today.? Says GNR's media relations have never been worse than they are now -- worse than 'Get in the Ring' days.? I believe they said, 'worst in the world'.? ?Roll Eyes
Cjc1706
VIP

I Rocked With Gn'R In Manchester & Sheffield '06

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2006, 08:34:45 PM »

id expect the NY post to have something on it
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2006, 10:33:18 PM »

There was an article online saying nobody cared about the return of Guns. At least the mainstream didn't care.

With the way the music industry is these days, I doubt any real press will cover this.

They didn't cover Axl on Eddie Trunks show so why conver the concerts. Who cares, I don't want the mainstream to jump on the bandwagon again. They'll just ruin it again.

Kind of off topic, but Eddie Trunk was standing next to me in MEZZ 1 last night. He is a big fan!
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2006, 11:24:06 AM »

No offense but the New York Times is one of the most credible Newspapers in America.  Not saying that I agree with their review of the GNR show though.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: