Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:23:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  we have a new guitar player!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: we have a new guitar player!!!!  (Read 122512 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #500 on: May 10, 2006, 04:36:33 PM »

I usually don't name call on this site, but anyone who is even remotely thinking that daniel brooks is the new GNR guitarist is a fucking idiot.

I believe that he hasn't been ruled out b/c of his friendship with Beta's son and some very interesting messages on his myspace site. As for his quality as a guitarist, who knows.

Its pretty easy to start a rumor on a GNR board (just ask half the tools on this board hehe  hihi ) and even easier to have your friends (or even yourself for that matter) leave "interesting comments" on your myspace board.

Its called self promotion, and this brooks dude has gotten more exposure b/c of a gnr rumor then he'll ever get in his entire life.  I give him credit for that, but I'm shocked at the # of people eating this shit up.

as for being friends with beta's son....this isn't an executive assistant job at some office, its lead guitar for one of the most well known bands in the world. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #501 on: May 10, 2006, 04:37:21 PM »

Thanks Neemo. beer

The disclaimer at the bottom is what interests me the most.?

I hear ya? Wink

I don't even know who daniel brooks is no

Actually didn't Ron say, himself, that he was audtioned to replace BH in 2004 but management denied it at the time Undecided

Yes he did.

But again, as ChineseBlues pointed out, Ron Thal had a show last Friday during the same time that GnR were rehearsing. It is highly unlikely that he is the guy unless he wasn't present for the rehearsal.

I also think that if Fortus is doing a showcase solo like Nightrain, the new guy? is probably more of a rhythm replacement. If Thal were in Gnr, wouldn't you think he would be handed Nightrain to showcase his talents?

unless it was the replacement that was playing the solo and fortus was hiding it from us hihi also was Richards webmaster at the rehearsal Tongue hihi peace

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #502 on: May 10, 2006, 04:37:48 PM »

i really believe that if the guitarist were some obscure schmuck that only a few people know then Axl would not have a problem with coming out and saying who it is.

I mean how is this for a surprise:

"Ladies and Gentleman, your new guitarist, John Smith!"

...ya not very cool

unless the slot was still in a state of flux ......

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #503 on: May 10, 2006, 04:39:36 PM »

rumor on a gnr board, ?hihi People here will believe anything

How come there's not one pic of the band all together to maybe see who's in it, or one pic with axl hanging with them so we can see who's in the band.. All those nyc always alone .. ?You'd think there would be one pic of axl with the guitar players
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #504 on: May 10, 2006, 04:42:45 PM »

But again, as ChineseBlues pointed out, Ron Thal had a show last Friday during the same time that GnR were rehearsing. It is highly unlikely that he is the guy unless he wasn't present for the rehearsal.

What time were those rehearsals taking place? Cuz the Show that Bumblefoot played started @ 9pm so if he opened I'm sure he coulda made it to rehearsals cuz the show he played @ was in Brooklyn Undecided

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #505 on: May 10, 2006, 04:45:35 PM »

What time were those rehearsals taking place? Cuz the Show that Bumblefoot played started @ 9pm so if he opened I'm sure he coulda made it to rehearsals cuz the show he played @ was in Brooklyn Undecided

Bumblefoot went on at 10:30pm. Axl called Trunk at approximately 11:30 and indicated that the rehearsal was almost finished, following a run through of Paradise City.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #506 on: May 10, 2006, 04:50:10 PM »

doubt its Bfoot but if it is Ill be extremely happy and excited. hes an excellent guitarist. He sent me his Anthology album a few yrs back and it kicks ass. Hes a very funny and creative guy who can play all styles.

As for Fernandos friend....her might very well be in the band but maybe he was awarded an opening slot to the shows and it hasnt been announced yet?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 04:53:22 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #507 on: May 10, 2006, 04:50:40 PM »

Who cares... we'll all know in about 55 hours. peace
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #508 on: May 10, 2006, 04:52:25 PM »

that`s the spirit

i can hardly wait for friday evening (early saturday morning Cry) though.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #509 on: May 10, 2006, 04:52:50 PM »

HA you know!!!!

how could you say "who cares"

How is it possible that with so little time the secret didnt leak out yet

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
Steel_Angel
« Reply #510 on: May 10, 2006, 04:53:17 PM »

02 Days 05hours 38min left.. ? beer
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #511 on: May 10, 2006, 04:54:35 PM »

I don't want to know until the lights go on and I can see for myself...

I think before the show it's going to be crazy at like 8:00 pm inside.. you know people will be like "I seen a really tall guy walking in backstage, or I seen buckethead, or I seen Slash... etc.... the speculation will be hilarious.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #512 on: May 10, 2006, 04:55:30 PM »

Its lenny Kravitz!!  rofl
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #513 on: May 10, 2006, 04:56:50 PM »

It's actually Al Jourgenson from ministry.... hihi

Al does lay some awesome fucking licks on the new album "Rio Grande Blood" though....
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #514 on: May 10, 2006, 05:10:02 PM »

Soon is the word...
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #515 on: May 10, 2006, 05:20:04 PM »

I usually don't name call on this site, but anyone who is even remotely thinking that daniel brooks is the new GNR guitarist is a fucking idiot.

Don't understand why you consider this such a stretch.? Serious evidence is pointing his way. ?The only evidence against him is that you don't like him. ?
If there is a 'leak', it's going to come in this manner -- somebody knows somebody who knows, and were compelled to let the GNR fans know.? That certainly isn't a stretch.? ?
It's not what's expected musicially, but it woudln't surprise me if Fortus has stepped into the BH solos, and Brooks is actually replacing Fortus/Huge. ?
As much as I love Bumblefoot, think that last time he proved to be too much of a loose cannon, doubtful they'd give him another shot.
Personally, I'm expecting somebody few people have heard of. ?Axl kept Fortus's existence quiet, and he wasn't some star. ?
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #516 on: May 10, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »

feel me in, Im kinda lost among all these new threads and posts...Wtf will happen in 55 hours??

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #517 on: May 10, 2006, 05:37:41 PM »

?1 - Tommy indicate Fortus to auditione for the lead guittar , so i belive he can do the lead .

?2 - ?Fortus was auditioned for GNR to the lead guittar , but Bucket Head taked the job before ...
 ? ? ?wen Huge was fired fortus replace him .

?3 - The rumor ?it was Fortus playing the nightrain outro sherdd like a motherfucker ...so maybe the new guy is for the rthym guittar .

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #518 on: May 10, 2006, 05:41:19 PM »

I don't want to know until the lights go on and I can see for myself...

I think before the show it's going to be crazy at like 8:00 pm inside.. you know people will be like "I seen a really tall guy walking in backstage, or I seen buckethead, or I seen Slash... etc.... the speculation will be hilarious.

Yep, it's definitely gonna be crazy.  I definitely wonder if we will see anyone "famous" in the crowd.   Since it's such a small place they might want to see the show rather then hang backstage.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #519 on: May 10, 2006, 05:45:04 PM »

Well, I visited myspace and I had to turn the volume down on my pc after hearing whatever was playing on DB's 'space'. Shaker sound shite. ?crying

Whatever Axl does, I trust he'll make the right decision. But right now, I'd rather have Ron Thal, John 5 or Brian Kehoe (in that order) over this dude for the lead guitarist position.

Here today...ready to rock
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: