Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:17:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  we have a new guitar player!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: we have a new guitar player!!!!  (Read 122628 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #440 on: May 10, 2006, 09:56:46 AM »

The point is, I didn't realize it was a miswording. ALOT of people on these boards talk like the have any say whatsoever in this band and I thought thats what he meant.

Right.  It was a misunderstanding. 

A LOT of people on these boards are not primarily English Speakers.

So apologize for the misunderstanding, and being snarky because of it, and move back on topic.

I'm sure nesquick, once you do, will follow suit.

I totally see your point. I've never felt more "typical rude American" then I did when I just read that post. So, I do apologize for the misunderstand and being a smart ass about.

Having said that (and to help get back to the topic) I really don't see anyone yelling for BH and if they do I just don't see Axl reacting negetively.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #441 on: May 10, 2006, 10:38:45 AM »

what's the odds that whoever axl hires everyone will love on the forums, or at least the select few who always love everything
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #442 on: May 10, 2006, 10:55:55 AM »

If izzy was onstage with axl even for a song or two wouldn't that be fucking weird for the current players.?? I mena the crowd goes nuts for the original rythm guitar player who helped make gnr huge and these guys are now in it riding coat tails from the past until their material is released..
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #443 on: May 10, 2006, 11:04:29 AM »

If izzy was onstage with axl even for a song or two wouldn't that be fucking weird for the current players.?? I mena the crowd goes nuts for the original rythm guitar player who helped make gnr huge and these guys are now in it riding coat tails from the past until their material is released..

Dude, dont take this so seriously. Guys like Robin and Fortus are adults, this is a job to them (which I am sure they enjoy as well) and are getting paid big bucks.

Most of us on these boards care more about GNR than the actual players.....
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #444 on: May 10, 2006, 11:07:39 AM »

Yeah I wondering about that too. I mean, it would have to take alot of air out of someone like Finck or Fortus IMO if some other dude just got a much bigger pop then either of them did.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
awolgnr
Headliner

Don't you think that you need somebody?

« Reply #445 on: May 10, 2006, 11:18:33 AM »

They're professionals and will handle it well.  Richard will for sure anyway.  Back in the day, GNR brought out guests like Joe Perry, Keith Richards, Lenny Kravitz, etc.  from time to time, so it is just continuing on that trend.  Personally, I will be surprised if Izzy plays more that one or two songs, or even shows up on stage at all.

I think the new guitarist will be someone only known by a few people, like Brian Kehoe (who has Cirque du Soliel experience like Robin, and a Les Claypool connection, like Brain and Bucket).  Or it will be a startling guitarist choice, someone no one is thinking of, like Zim Zum (formerly of Manson) or the Amott brother who quit Arch Enemy. 

Whoever the new guitarist is, I think he should come out dressed as Buckethead at first, just to F**K with people.

I've been where I have been and I've seen what I have seen...
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #446 on: May 10, 2006, 11:21:24 AM »

I think its pretty natural that whoever Axl brings out will get a huge pop and Fortus and Finck will do with it. Because everyone loved the old Band and how it made history. The new band has to live up to the old Legacy.
Ron Jones
Headliner

Mr. Blue Sky

« Reply #447 on: May 10, 2006, 11:26:16 AM »

I know, I know everyone is getting tired of the mystery guitarist talk. I took it upon myself to hunt down each and every possible suspect haha  Basically, I decided that the most suspicious character, was Daniel Brooks from the band Shaker. One guy said that he had a credible source that claimed it was Daniel and then a couple others checked out his band/myspace: I did the same. His band is very light, almost in the ambient field and he, well doesn't really fit the supposed GNR "look". A couple of the comments on his myspace were as follows: "How's life in NYC" (when he is from Canada). Supposedly one of his best friends who plays in another band, who wouldn't just say this since there is comments from him that go way back says, "congrats man
shred faces and have the time of your life
much love and rock and roll to save your soul " and "Dan is the man with the master plan! " hmmm....  Some more, "New York looks so hot on you!!!! Pepper, please give Daniel back to me....I need my 2'oclock rendevous, noodle strifrys and pocky!!
That sounds soooooo trashy " and another one, "i've heard of me... lol. nice. hope the nyc is/was everything it always is/was... the senator there is hillary clinton... much less impressive methinks...  the subterranean homesick alien says hello... l8r bro. " So after reading those comments, I messaged supposedly, his "best friend". I asked him if there was anything extra special going on with this Daniel character with a particular band? He replied this morning, and he said, "Hey man just a couple questions first.
Who are you ?
How do you know me?
How do you know Shaker?
Hope to hear from you soon?

Now it's just my opinion but I think this guy would've just said no there's not and had no idea what I was talking about, instead he basically sent a quick interrogation e-mail. Call me crazy, but I am extremely suspicious. I sent him an e-mail back and answered all the questions without specifically mentioning GNR, so I wouldn't scare him off. Keep posted and hopefully, I'll have an update by the end of the day.

P.S.-I know some of you are going to say just wait until Friday  I was going to wait until Friday, but then I felt like I was onto something with this Daniel Brooks character, and if you still dont agree with trying to find out now, then simply don't read my posts.

Ron

Add me:

http://www.myspace.com/ronjones7

Fleet Center Boston, MA 12/2/02
Hammerstein Ballroom New York, NY 5/15/06
DCU Center Worcester, MA 11/8/06
Montrealer
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #448 on: May 10, 2006, 11:35:32 AM »

dude .. don't do that while I'm drinking.. you almost killed me there!
mesaboogie
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #449 on: May 10, 2006, 11:37:29 AM »

He is defintely not in Guns N Roses, hard to believe this guy has been famous for 5mins
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #450 on: May 10, 2006, 11:38:49 AM »

He is defintely not in Guns N Roses, hard to believe this guy has been famous for 5mins

How you know that ?!

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #451 on: May 10, 2006, 11:42:42 AM »

I added him to my friend list last night with a message "I heard your the new GNR guitarist congrads dude and good luck"

but he hasnt responded yet

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #452 on: May 10, 2006, 11:46:14 AM »

its hendrix  rofl

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
awolgnr
Headliner

Don't you think that you need somebody?

« Reply #453 on: May 10, 2006, 11:50:09 AM »

Thats some pretty convincing detective work. ?If it is a prank or ploy, they sure did their research, knowing the band was currently rehearsing in NY, not LA. ? I'm almost inclined to believe it...

I had a theory that Brian Kehoe was the guy because he worked with Cirque du Soliel like Robin and worked with Les Claypool like Brain, this giving him an "in". ? But if an unknown guitarist is being congratulated by friends and they keep mentioning NY...

hmmmm
hmmmmmmm...

three days

I've been where I have been and I've seen what I have seen...
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #454 on: May 10, 2006, 11:52:04 AM »

nice going Ron, let us know what you find out! ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #455 on: May 10, 2006, 11:53:52 AM »

Thats some pretty convincing detective work. ?If it is a prank or ploy, they sure did their research, knowing the band was currently rehearsing in NY, not LA. ? I'm almost inclined to believe it...

I had a theory that Brian Kehoe was the guy because he worked with Cirque du Soliel like Robin and worked with Les Claypool like Brain, this giving him an "in". ? But if an unknown guitarist is being congratulated by friends and they keep mentioning NY...

hmmmm
hmmmmmmm...

three days

TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #456 on: May 10, 2006, 11:54:27 AM »

whats the link to his myspace site?
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #457 on: May 10, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »

whats the link to his myspace site?

http://www.myspace.com/flyingv13

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
Moonlight J
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #458 on: May 10, 2006, 11:56:46 AM »

Has anyone mentioned Brian May?
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #459 on: May 10, 2006, 11:59:22 AM »

Has anyone mentioned Brian May?

Braian May can sherdd like a motherfucker now .....  rant

next one ..

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: