Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:31:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  we have a new guitar player!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: we have a new guitar player!!!!  (Read 122823 times)
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #320 on: May 08, 2006, 03:30:59 PM »

I think in the phonecall he said "fucking cellphone" or something like that ?Smiley

shit happens when you party naked
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #321 on: May 08, 2006, 03:31:57 PM »

At least then it would be like Izzy is giving his stamp of approval towards the band, kind of like saying "yeah this is still gnr".
hihi
How does Izzy feel though knowing it's being sold as a Guns N' Roses album?
"Well, it's obviously not Guns N' Roses, I think all the fans know that. It's not even right that he uses the name, because he's the only guy left. I think ultimately it's gonna work against him, because people are gonna say fuck you, wanker - that's what they'll call him here, right? 'You fucking wanker, that's not Guns N' Roses!' Hopefully, the music's good, cos if the music isn't good then he's gonna get the double-whammy..."
(Izzy in 2001)
 http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/article...p?articleid=123

« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 03:33:58 PM by starsko » Logged

I'll download it !
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #322 on: May 08, 2006, 03:37:18 PM »

At least then it would be like Izzy is giving his stamp of approval towards the band, kind of like saying "yeah this is still gnr".
hihi
How does Izzy feel though knowing it's being sold as a Guns N' Roses album?
"Well, it's obviously not Guns N' Roses, I think all the fans know that. It's not even right that he uses the name, because he's the only guy left. I think ultimately it's gonna work against him, because people are gonna say fuck you, wanker - that's what they'll call him here, right? 'You fucking wanker, that's not Guns N' Roses!' Hopefully, the music's good, cos if the music isn't good then he's gonna get the double-whammy..."
(Izzy in 2001)
 http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/article...p?articleid=123

thats 5 years ago man, Axl and Izzy are friends again now.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #323 on: May 08, 2006, 03:45:35 PM »

Maybe Izzy hadn't seen the band and hadn't heard the new songs or the leaked demos when he said those in 2001.

When there are at least 3 people you can't really say there's nobody. confused

Besides, there are more. the tool, Rolling Stones probably, etc.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #324 on: May 08, 2006, 04:19:40 PM »

So between this and you're last post I take it you have like zero appriciation for the new band?
The problem is not how much I appreciate the new band...

The problem is that nobody outside these GNR boards considers seriously this "new" band as Guns N'Roses. That's an issue.

That's strange considering Eddie Trunk, Mike Piaaza and Sebastian Bach do. Those guys arent on the boards but they consider this band guns n roses, as well they should. So you're arguement holds NO water what-so-ever.

Wow. Good counterpoint. We'll have to see how this all shakes out in the press after these shows kick everything off.

Well most of the press are going to be saying negative stuff anyway, they always do. But there will be some people who will actually give a fair and just review of whats happening. If Baz and Izzy do jam with the band, then there will pobably be more good things said. At least then it would be like Izzy is giving his stamp of approval towards the band, kind of like saying "yeah this is still gnr".

Well, the press in most of the US may hate Axl but in NYC, they are tough, but they tend to be fair.....they for the most part gve Axl rave reviews for the MSG show in 2002
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #325 on: May 08, 2006, 06:36:32 PM »

the fact that axl admitted there is a new guitar player, and that it's being kept a secret until the first warm-up show, added a new dimension to the already extreme excitement about this! NEVER have i been more excited to be a gnr fan than now! Grin whoever this new guy is, i'll embrace him as a new gnr member for sure! yes

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #326 on: May 08, 2006, 07:15:26 PM »

the fact that axl admitted there is a new guitar player, and that it's being kept a secret until the first warm-up show, added a new dimension to the already extreme excitement about this! NEVER have i been more excited to be a gnr fan than now! Grin whoever this new guy is, i'll embrace him as a new gnr member for sure! yes

I think it'll be interesting now too, much more extreme. I mean, if this new guitar player is a well known, well respected person in music, that's one thing. But what if it's a small time guitar player; that adds a whole new dimension as well. If this person isn't well known, he's gotta come out swinging and prove himself to the fans. He's proved himself to Axl, but now he's gotta shred for the crowd

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #327 on: May 08, 2006, 11:40:18 PM »

i totally agree.. there has to be a good reason why he is keeping this a secret... and its not like there is totaly silence.. axl went out of way to say there is a third guitarist... but it is a secret.. why would he do this?  it wouldn't make any sense if it was some unknown.. or even some underground phenom.. like bucket head was.. i think there are only two reasons he would do this.. 1) trying to create some excitment or a buzz for the shows.. which clearly he doesn't need to do since they sold out in 3 min.. and eddie trunk was about to blow bas for getting him on his show.. or 2) it really is someone that is well known and shock the hell out of everyone...    it wouldn't make any sense to hype some nobody.. the guy could be the next hendrix.. but.. it still wouldn't make sense to keep someone that no one knows a secret..
who are some availble guitarists?  guys like kravits, navaro ect...
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #328 on: May 08, 2006, 11:49:54 PM »

i totally agree.. there has to be a good reason why he is keeping this a secret... and its not like there is totaly silence.. axl went out of way to say there is a third guitarist... but it is a secret.. why would he do this? it wouldn't make any sense if it was some unknown.. or even some underground phenom.. like bucket head was.. i think there are only two reasons he would do this.. 1) trying to create some excitment or a buzz for the shows.. which clearly he doesn't need to do since they sold out in 3 min.. and eddie trunk was about to blow bas for getting him on his show.. or 2) it really is someone that is well known and shock the hell out of everyone... it wouldn't make any sense to hype some nobody.. the guy could be the next hendrix.. but.. it still wouldn't make sense to keep someone that no one knows a secret..
who are some availble guitarists? guys like kravits, navaro ect...

I don't think it could be kravits or navaro because kravits has already established his own sound i dont see him going on tour to be a hired hand unless of course he's already made contributions to the album we dont know about, but i dont think he has been. Now with Navaro i thought he came out publicly bashing Axl, or am i wrong??..but I do agree it will be someone some what known otherwise why be so secretive?

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #329 on: May 09, 2006, 12:13:53 AM »

i wasn't really implying that it would be either kravits or navaro..but i do think it will be someone with that type of star power.. i think most casual music fans know who they are..  i was just trying to think popular names that are out there.. that aren't really tied to anything right now.. any chance it could be brian may?  what about paul tobias... i know he isn't that good.. but kinda suprised his name hasn't got thrown out there..   i'm really just trying to talk myself into thinking its slash.. why else all the secrets..
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #330 on: May 09, 2006, 12:19:18 AM »

i wasn't really implying that it would be either kravits or navaro..but i do think it will be someone with that type of star power.. i think most casual music fans know who they are.. i was just trying to think popular names that are out there.. that aren't really tied to anything right now.. any chance it could be brian may? what about paul tobias... i know he isn't that good.. but kinda suprised his name hasn't got thrown out there.. i'm really just trying to talk myself into thinking its slash.. why else all the secrets..

You kinda have to let go of the Slash Idea..it was hard for me too..but he's in Velvet Revolver Now, and Axl said it won't be a member from the past..VR is about to record the second album and he will stay with them whether than be a fill in for Axl, if you think about it either this 3rd guitarist has already recorded stuff for the album and has something invested into it or he's just gonna be a hired hand, and i doubt slash has done recording with em and i am pretty sure he ain't gonna wanna play any new stuff without being invested into it. These guys like Stinson, Finck, and Brain have been with Axl for awhile and have recorded with him so they something vested into it creatively, well i belive that anyway.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2006, 12:23:24 AM »

i know the chances are about one in a million.. but we can't give up hope.. i mean did we give up when the germans bombed pearl harbor?... NO!
(from the movie animal house... not being serious or trying to offend anyone from germany or japan)
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #332 on: May 09, 2006, 03:41:17 AM »

i wouldn't be surprised if he was unknown...
man, imagine the pressure on this guy! Shocked

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
directionality
Headliner

« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2006, 05:48:22 AM »

Navarro isn't going to be involved with GNR. He's got his own thing going on with The Panic Channel.

Kravitz, well, I don't know. What I do know is that he faces lawsuits over a blocked toilet.

SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #334 on: May 09, 2006, 08:26:43 AM »

I know its probably not, but I wish it was John 5. Good player and would fit in with the GNR eclectic image.
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #335 on: May 09, 2006, 08:29:42 AM »

whoever it is, i know he will be perfect for the band. smoking

Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #336 on: May 09, 2006, 08:31:14 AM »

Brian May?  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

hihi
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #337 on: May 09, 2006, 08:36:55 AM »

I'm thinking Bumblefoot Cheesy

whoever ripped it up on nightrain from the Trunk Phone call has to be a shredder of that calibur.

before you say it.....I doubt it was fortus Roll Eyes , I'll be hugely surprised if it was peace

anyway Ron Thal is my guess beer

Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #338 on: May 09, 2006, 08:38:37 AM »

Let's make a 48-hours poll about it.   yes
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #339 on: May 09, 2006, 08:41:08 AM »

Let's make a 48-hours poll about it.? ?yes

with 100+ options? hihi
it could be fucking anyone.

god friday is drawing closer by the hour... drool

i'm more excited to be a gnr fan now than ever!

and that says alot! peace
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 08:43:03 AM by speed-stone » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: