Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:26:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  we have a new guitar player!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: we have a new guitar player!!!!  (Read 122865 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #280 on: May 08, 2006, 03:00:29 AM »

This guy can  shredd ?

He looks like a colboy 40 years old dude he is bald ...

LOL. This guy worked on Les Claypool's Frog Brigade.......mmmmmm, wacky.

I would have never considered the guy, but I own the claypool DVD and if it's the guy i'm thinking of, he's certainly a capable player...definitely a bit of an oddball..

Sounds like Brain had a hand in getting him an audition.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #281 on: May 08, 2006, 03:14:28 AM »

but he would bring a totally different sound and vibe...

Hoooray! Rerererere-rerecording of ChinDem once again.  hihi

Restraint is for suckers.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #282 on: May 08, 2006, 06:37:25 AM »

but he would bring a totally different sound and vibe...

Hoooray! Rerererere-rerecording of ChinDem once again.  hihi

Since they said that Bucketheads parts will still be on the album I would guess there's not gonna be any re-anything.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #283 on: May 08, 2006, 06:51:20 AM »

Axl's axe-man is probably Richard Fortus now. So I think the 3rd guitar player will probably be a rythm guitar player, and Fortus will take the Lead with Robin.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #284 on: May 08, 2006, 06:56:56 AM »

Axl's axe-man is probably Richard Fortus now. So I think the 3rd guitar player will probably be a rythm guitar player, and Fortus will take the Lead with Robin.

i guess anything is possible but if that was the case, why would they audition a bunch of lead guitar players?

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #285 on: May 08, 2006, 08:24:17 AM »

um, it could be just Richard's first solo. ya know the one he always plays when playing nightrain. It'd be nothing new if it were the case.

He was shredding, which proves they dont need a 3rd guitarist.

Axl said they had a new guitarist.

Yeah I know, but they dont need one is all I was saying. Robin and Richard could handle it.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #286 on: May 08, 2006, 08:32:17 AM »

um, it could be just Richard's first solo. ya know the one he always plays when playing nightrain. It'd be nothing new if it were the case.

He was shredding, which proves they dont need a 3rd guitarist.

Axl said they had a new guitarist.

Yeah I know, but they dont need one is all I was saying. Robin and Richard could handle it.

I agree with that. I just hope the 3rd guitar player won't break the chemistry of the band...that's all I hope.?It's a risk. Is that really necessary?
Anyway, for me he/she will be more an "additional" player than anything else. No disrespect to him (or her), but that's not the 3rd guitar player that i'm going to care about at the shows. That will not be "the steak" for me. I've much much more interest in the Finck-Fortus combinaison.
I think Axl has finally found the right combinaison? Cool
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 08:54:17 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #287 on: May 08, 2006, 08:50:17 AM »

That was funny. Roll Eyes

I'll download it !
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #288 on: May 08, 2006, 08:52:27 AM »

Maybe to some folks, but alot of others feel they really could handle it between the two of themm.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #289 on: May 08, 2006, 09:01:02 AM »

Well if Richard can shred...that means there needs to be another rhythm guitarist to cover Richards parts

Izzy  smoking
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #290 on: May 08, 2006, 09:01:52 AM »

Maybe to some folks, but alot of others feel they really could handle it between the two of themm.
Dream on...

We've got some bootlegs from 2002, you know...

I'll download it !
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #291 on: May 08, 2006, 09:05:59 AM »

Well if Richard can shred...that means there needs to be another rhythm guitarist to cover Richards parts

Izzy? smoking
I hope Izzy is back. With him, this band could almost be considered as Guns N'Roses...

Interesting to see that www.ticketcorner.ch are promoting the concert in Zurich with a picture of Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven and Axl. Cool

I'll download it !
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #292 on: May 08, 2006, 09:10:32 AM »

Izzy  smoking
I hope Izzy is back. With him, this band could almost be considered as Guns N'Roses...

Interesting to see that www.ticketcorner.ch are promoting the concert in Zurich with a picture of Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven and Axl. Cool

So between this and you're last post I take it you have like zero appriciation for the new band?

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #293 on: May 08, 2006, 09:15:49 AM »

So between this and you're last post I take it you have like zero appriciation for the new band?
The problem is not how much I appreciate the new band...

The problem is that nobody outside these GNR boards considers seriously this "new" band as Guns N'Roses. That's an issue.

I'll download it !
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #294 on: May 08, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »

The problem is not how much I appreciate the new band...

The problem is that nobody outside these GNR boards considers seriously this "new" band as Guns N'Roses. That's an issue.

I wasn't saying your opinion might be a problem. I apologize if it came off that way, I was just asking what you thought of the new band.

I used to totally agree with your thoughts on what the outside world thinks of the new band but I think it's changing slowly (and I do mean SLOWLY). When the albums finally released I think it'll be an easy road for them.

michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #295 on: May 08, 2006, 09:37:02 AM »

This might be a long shot, but Blues Saraceno? He's a pretty amazing guitar player.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #296 on: May 08, 2006, 09:51:08 AM »

This might be a long shot, but Blues Saraceno? He's a pretty amazing guitar player.

That dude can play his ass off. His solo stuff is awesome and the Poison album he worked on is by far the best one.

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #297 on: May 08, 2006, 09:54:25 AM »

well who ever it was played the solo then bh did and sounded better then slash so i dont care what this person loooks like. Who knows is could be some chick! Tongue

Yeah but Slash wrote those solos in the first place. It's much easier to play someone else's solo and put a twist on it,  than it is to write your own solo like Slash did, especially November Rain and Sweet Child.

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #298 on: May 08, 2006, 10:12:56 AM »

well who ever it was played the solo then bh did and sounded better then slash so i dont care what this person loooks like. Who knows is could be some chick! Tongue

Yeah but Slash wrote those solos in the first place. It's much easier to play someone else's solo and put a twist on it,? than it is to write your own solo like Slash did, especially November Rain and Sweet Child.

oh yeah, that?s absolutely right. (Slash and his solos rule man peace, they were a very important pice of GN?R) so, are you all sure that the guitar player is Richard or are we going to have a surprise this friday?

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #299 on: May 08, 2006, 10:15:33 AM »

Yeah but Slash wrote those solos in the first place. It's much easier to play someone else's solo and put a twist on it,  than it is to write your own solo like Slash did, especially November Rain and Sweet Child.

oh yeah, that?s absolutely right. (Slash and his solos rule man peace, they were a very important pice of GN?R) so, are you all sure that the guitar player is Richard or are we going to have a surprise this friday?

I took Axls comment to mean that there is a new guitarist and I think he meant a lead player. But it's all guess until FOUR days from now!!  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: