Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:21:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  we have a new guitar player!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: we have a new guitar player!!!!  (Read 122892 times)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #220 on: May 07, 2006, 01:50:12 PM »

lol they can take any guitarist, old, new, i doesn?t matter... slash will always be the guy, the best lol, we can?t deny it... that?s why we are always speculating about a reunion or about a slash comeback, which obviously will not happen for sure...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #221 on: May 07, 2006, 01:52:28 PM »

So do we already think this guy has to be a shredding Bucket type guy? Or could it be a different kind of guitar player?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #222 on: May 07, 2006, 01:57:29 PM »

So do we already think this guy has to be a shredding Bucket type guy? Or could it be a different kind of guitar player?

I think it has to a complete guitar player who can shred. I don't buy into these 'axl needs a shredder'; in the end, they need someone who can write a classical guns type song and play the heavier stuff that Big B wrote.

I don't think this will be an unknown per se; maybe unknown to the mainstream fans, but dedicated rock fans should know who this guy is.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #223 on: May 07, 2006, 02:03:23 PM »

I just hope he fits in with the group well.  Whoever watches this be sure to post immediately and let us know.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
benchiefjr
« Reply #224 on: May 07, 2006, 02:12:30 PM »

I hope its Rusty Cooley, he's an amazing player plus he's normal looking
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #225 on: May 07, 2006, 03:05:53 PM »

lol they can take any guitarist, old, new, i doesn?t matter... slash will always be the guy, the best lol, we can?t deny it... that?s why we are always speculating about a reunion or about a slash comeback, which obviously will not happen for sure...

Please speak for yourself, Slash isn't my guy and certainly isn't the best in my eyes.....

-PEACE-

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #226 on: May 07, 2006, 03:10:42 PM »

Please speak for yourself, Slash isn't my guy and certainly isn't the best in my eyes.....

-PEACE-

I have a lot of respect for Slash, but yeah, not the best ever........

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #227 on: May 07, 2006, 03:15:07 PM »

-PEACE-

I think the point was to say that Slash is the gnr guitarist. There will never be a person who can be what Slash was, and in many ways, still is. Not many say he's the best, but his soul is a bigger part of gnr than any new guitarist can hope to be.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #228 on: May 07, 2006, 03:16:11 PM »

-PEACE-

I'll second that. ?He can hold his own and play very well, but there are many guitarists that blow him away. ?Although Buckethead's playing has been said to lack the emotion of Slash's, it added some new life to GNR while he was there. ?A breath of fresh air, if you will. ?We need more fresh air than emotion right now in GNR. ?Let them grow as a band and we'll see what happens.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #229 on: May 07, 2006, 03:19:04 PM »

-PEACE-

I think the point was to say that Slash is the gnr guitarist. There will never be a person who can be what Slash was, and in many ways, still is. Not many say he's the best, but his soul is a bigger part of gnr than any new guitarist can hope to be.

I agree. For a lot of fans GnR will only ever have one true lead axe man.. Slash. But I just hope this new guy fits in with the band and with Axl. I hope he can play the old songs and I hope he will want to and enjoy playing them. That's all that I want from the new guy. Slash is far from the best ever but he was the best for GnR.. Maybe this new guy will out shine Slash.. maybe not. Hopefully he brings skill and emotion to the band.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #230 on: May 07, 2006, 03:58:55 PM »

-PEACE-

I agree. For a lot of fans GnR will only ever have one true lead axe man.. Slash. But I just hope this new guy fits in with the band and with Axl. I hope he can play the old songs and I hope he will want to and enjoy playing them. That's all that I want from the new guy. Slash is far from the best ever but he was the best for GnR.. Maybe this new guy will out shine Slash.. maybe not. Hopefully he brings skill and emotion to the band.

Great points.............I hope thats the case!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #231 on: May 07, 2006, 04:15:17 PM »

I would not mind Craig. Seems like a solid player.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #232 on: May 07, 2006, 04:17:33 PM »

Criaq has the pedigree and has a small album coming out which he produced , wrote and played on. It has a range of styles. If its Joshua Craiq I think Axl hit a HR here. This guy paired with Axl could do some major shit.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #233 on: May 07, 2006, 04:19:00 PM »

Hope he's simply better than Robin Roll Eyes

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #234 on: May 07, 2006, 04:20:42 PM »

I'm just not too sure he's the guy we're hearing on the cell...
-PEACE-

Especially considering Ron was playing a show at that time friday night.

I don't want to argue, but this is what you posted. Not very revealing since you posted no link.

I had posted a link to Ron's forum where they were talking about the show earlier in the thread.

I posted your exact response to the person. You only posted a link to the messageboard later.

As for Thal, Axl called in around 11:30 and he said the band was finishing up. Is it possible for Thal to have travelled to Brooklyn for his 12am set?

Just a little clarification, Bumblefoots set started about 10:40 ish, so there was no way in hell he was at the rehearsals Friday night when Axl was talking to Trunk from his cell.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #235 on: May 07, 2006, 04:22:17 PM »

I'm just not too sure he's the guy we're hearing on the cell...
-PEACE-

Especially considering Ron was playing a show at that time friday night.

I don't want to argue, but this is what you posted. Not very revealing since you posted no link.

I had posted a link to Ron's forum where they were talking about the show earlier in the thread.

I posted your exact response to the person. You only posted a link to the messageboard later.

As for Thal, Axl called in around 11:30 and he said the band was finishing up. Is it possible for Thal to have travelled to Brooklyn for his 12am set?

Just a little clarification, Bumblefoots set started about 10:40 ish, so there was no way in hell he was at the rehearsals Friday night when Axl was talking to Trunk from his cell.

Ok, then Thal is definately not the guy.

Thanks for the information.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #236 on: May 07, 2006, 05:30:47 PM »

Just so you guys know it was Richard playing that solo on the trunk show, NOT a new guitarist.

http://www.thenewguns.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=718
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #237 on: May 07, 2006, 05:40:49 PM »

Just so you guys know it was Richard playing that solo on the trunk show, NOT a new guitarist.

What?? I'm shoked.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #238 on: May 07, 2006, 05:43:17 PM »

cool!
i think nesquick is gonna have an orgasm rite now lol!!!  rofl

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #239 on: May 07, 2006, 05:46:47 PM »

um, it could be just Richard's first solo. ya know the one he always plays when playing nightrain. It'd be nothing new if it were the case.

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: