Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:25:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  we have a new guitar player!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: we have a new guitar player!!!!  (Read 122932 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #200 on: May 07, 2006, 12:43:49 PM »

I'm just not too sure he's the guy we're hearing on the cell...
-PEACE-

Especially considering Ron was playing a show at that time friday night.

I don't want to argue, but this is what you posted. Not very revealing since you posted no link.

I had posted a link to Ron's forum where they were talking about the show earlier in the thread.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #201 on: May 07, 2006, 12:45:59 PM »

-PEACE-

I don't want to argue, but this is what you posted. Not very revealing since you posted no link.

I had posted a link to Ron's forum where they were talking about the show earlier in the thread.

I posted your exact response to the person. You only posted a link to the messageboard later.

As for Thal, Axl called in around 11:30 and he said the band was finishing up. Is it possible for Thal to have travelled to Brooklyn for his 12am set?

« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 12:49:21 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #202 on: May 07, 2006, 12:50:35 PM »

-PEACE-

I posted your exact response to the person. You only posted a link to the messageboard later.

As for Thal, Axl called in around 11:30 and he said the band was finishing up. Is it possible for Thal to have travelled to Brooklyn for his 12am set?

that would be pretty hard to do though. He'd have to leave manhattan and go get hsi gear and stuff then go all the way to brooklyn. I doubt he would have made it.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #203 on: May 07, 2006, 12:52:06 PM »

-PEACE-

that would be pretty hard to do though. He'd have to leave manhattan and go get hsi gear and stuff then go all the way to brooklyn. I doubt he would have made it.

I think you are probably right.

Thal's presence hasn't been completely ruled out but I think we should begin looking for other candidates.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #204 on: May 07, 2006, 01:03:40 PM »

By the time we figured it out, it's friday.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #205 on: May 07, 2006, 01:04:41 PM »

batio's site:

http://www.angelo.com/

this dude is old as hell and looks sooooooo fucking lame...no one will take gnr seriously with this old faggot in the band....looks like he came straight out of the 80's....and he looks like he was already old back then...now he's just ancient....

i seriously hope it's not him

and his playing sounds cheesy as fuck...yeah, he can shred, but who fuckin cares how fast he can play if it sounds cheesy and lame.? there's no melody, just cheesy-sounding 80's-style shredding....SHITTY!!!!!!

slash was the perfect guitarist, because he knew melody always came first...he always put the quality of the music
before his own "shredding" reputation.... and that is what makes slash the best guitarist ever, and that is what made gnr one of the best bands ever - THE MUSIC AND THE MELODY ALWAYS CAME FIRST....and they made some of the greatest songs of all time because of that philosophy

« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 01:16:34 PM by blues rocker » Logged
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #206 on: May 07, 2006, 01:06:34 PM »

batio's site:

this dude is old as hell and looks sooooooo fucking lame...no one will take gnr seriously with this old faggot in the band....looks like he came straight out of the 80's....and he looks like he was already old back then...now he's just ancient....

LOL! A little harsh! What's he ever done bad to you?! Tongue rofl

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #207 on: May 07, 2006, 01:08:39 PM »

well who ever it was played the solo then bh did and sounded better then slash so i dont care what this person loooks like. Who knows is could be some chick! Tongue

blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #208 on: May 07, 2006, 01:11:09 PM »

batio's site:

never did anything to me....but he looks gay, and his music sounds gay....he will ruin gnr if he is in the band

and what the fuck is up with this dude's hair?? so fucking GAY!!!  it's 2006, you retard!!!  hair metal is dead...that shit was lame back in the 80's and it's even more lame now....cut your fucking hair, you old-ass douche!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 01:13:27 PM by blues rocker » Logged
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #209 on: May 07, 2006, 01:11:45 PM »

well who ever it was played the solo then bh did and sounded better then slash so i dont care what this person loooks like. Who knows is could be some chick! Tongue

I think that would be fucking awesome. I'd love to see a lady guitar player shred on stage with Axl.

Maybe it's Slash's wife....AND THAT'S WHY THEY GOT DIVORCED....Oh shit, I just started an internet rumor ?no

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Moonlight J
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: May 07, 2006, 01:12:41 PM »

Now I may be just a little crazy, but I still have to wonder if it could be Slash. If Axl would have said "Yes, it is someone from the past" that would pretty much narrow it down. Why let the cat out of the bag? If you were throwing a surprise party and the person the party is to be thrown for starts to figure it out wouldn't you lie to save the surprise? Then again WTF do I know? Undecided
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #211 on: May 07, 2006, 01:17:51 PM »

batio's site:

never did anything to me....but he looks gay, and his music sounds gay....he will ruin gnr if he is in the band

and what the fuck is up with this dude's hair?  so fucking GAY!!!  it's 2006, you retard!!!  hair metal is dead...that shit was lame back in the 80's and it's even more lame now....cut your fucking hair, you old-ass douche!

Batio has been ruled out as a replacement.
john 5 as well.
Thal's chances are on life support.

Where is John Sykes at this point?

blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #212 on: May 07, 2006, 01:19:40 PM »

batio's site:

and what the fuck is up with this dude's hair?? so fucking GAY!!!? it's 2006, you retard!!!? hair metal is dead...that shit was lame back in the 80's and it's even more lame now....cut your fucking hair, you old-ass douche!

john 5 as well.

batio's been ruled out?? why's that?

whoever it is...it needs to be someone who is hip and somewhat young...not an old-ass 80's reject...gnr needs someone relatively young to kill the preconception that they are and old, washed-up bunch of geezers.  someone under 40! 

but most importantly it needs to be someone who can play with passion and energy, and someone who puts melody before shredding!!!!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 01:22:42 PM by blues rocker » Logged
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #213 on: May 07, 2006, 01:20:17 PM »

What ever happend to good old Wes Borland? I wouldn't mind him taking stage with Guns.  Cheesy

JB9988
VIP

« Reply #214 on: May 07, 2006, 01:25:04 PM »

I think that would be fucking awesome. I'd love to see a lady guitar player shred on stage with Axl.

Maybe it's Slash's wife....AND THAT'S WHY THEY GOT DIVORCED....Oh shit, I just started an internet rumor  no
or hmmm maybe its that chick that axl has been hanging around with....Slashs wife is too fat to be in guns hihi

blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #215 on: May 07, 2006, 01:25:26 PM »

wouldn't mind if it was buckethead as long as he goes WITHOUT THE MASK AND BUCKET!!!! if he can learn to behave like a normal human being, i'd be happy to have him back in gnr....considering he is a huge part of the new album.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #216 on: May 07, 2006, 01:27:46 PM »

wouldn't mind if it was buckethead as long as he goes WITHOUT THE MASK AND BUCKET!!!! if he can learn to behave like a normal human being, i'd be happy to have him back in gnr....considering he is a huge part of the new album.

We don't know if Bucket's part are erased or not. Therefore, assuming they have a new guitarist who will be 'none from the past' it can not be Buckethead.

But since Axl didn't want to announce it yet, it must be someone who we know no?

blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #217 on: May 07, 2006, 01:29:21 PM »

whatever the case...i'm glad axl did this interview and finally broke the silence...all the rumors were getting OLD...

after the first NY show, this shit is going to explode...new guitarist revealed, possible return of izzy to the gnr world (even if he doesn't play, he may still be involved in writing), and hopefully news regarding the album...

it will be more news in one day than we've had in the past 5 years!!!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #218 on: May 07, 2006, 01:32:13 PM »

batio's site:

and what the fuck is up with this dude's hair?  so fucking GAY!!!  it's 2006, you retard!!!  hair metal is dead...that shit was lame back in the 80's and it's even more lame now....cut your fucking hair, you old-ass douche!

john 5 as well.

batio's been ruled out?  why's that?

whoever it is...it needs to be someone who is hip and somewhat young...not an old-ass 80's reject...gnr needs someone relatively young to kill the preconception that they are and old, washed-up bunch of geezers.  someone under 40! 

but most importantly it needs to be someone who can play with passion and energy, and someone who puts melody before shredding!!!!

BigBoss checked with Batio's people and it was obvious they had no idea.
Batio has clinics next week. He is still scheduled to appear, even on GnR show days.

It is not him.

Anyone remember this, from Blabberhole...dated 4/20/06

Boston-based guitarist Joshua Craig was called to audition for GUNS N' ROSES last week ? presumably as the replacement for Buckethead, who quit the group in early 2004. In a statement sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, Craig expressed his "complete admiration and repect for the opportunity to audition for such a great orginazation where everyone was the most polite and kind musicians and crew

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #219 on: May 07, 2006, 01:33:21 PM »

john sykes is touring with thin lizzy at the moment, no not with phil in the band!!! ok

sykes is an amzing guitarist though.

interesting stuff, i think its an unknown though.
cheers
dave

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: