Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:28:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  we have a new guitar player!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: we have a new guitar player!!!!  (Read 123058 times)
benchiefjr
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2006, 07:54:24 PM »

oh great, replacing buckethead for bumblefoot
b-head, b-foot

that would be pretty lame

buckethead was cool

http://www.letriton.com/ARCHIVES/trimestresPast/site%20trimestre%204-2002/jpegs/programme/28-RONTHAL.jpg

this guy=not so cool
He's a lot more normal looking than that freak Buckethead, you just chose the most outrageously ridiculous photo of him you could find...come on. ok
BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2006, 07:57:46 PM »

how about steve vai - he used to in whitesnake

Vai has a very lucrative solo career and I find it hard to believe he would compromise his creative freedom to play songs that other people wrote. Besides, I believe he was approached by the GNR camp and turned them down but recommended that they give Ron Thal a listen.

As for the ex-WASP guitarist, if you listen to the audio from yesterday, it was Bach who brought up WASP in the first place and not Axl.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2006, 08:04:44 PM »

Vai has a very lucrative solo career and I find it hard to believe he would compromise his creative freedom to play songs that other people wrote. Besides, I believe he was approached by the GNR camp and turned them down but recommended that they give Ron Thal a listen.

As for the ex-WASP guitarist, if you listen to the audio from yesterday, it was Bach who brought up WASP in the first place and not Axl.

I listened to it twice and both times I could have swore Axl brought up wasp first and he brought them up a few times.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2006, 08:15:24 PM »

I listened to it twice and both times I could have swore Axl brought up wasp first and he brought them up a few times.

The first mention of WASP was made when Bach was reminiscing about the time he was in Axl's car and Axl cranked a WASP song.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2006, 08:17:09 PM »

about bumblefoot (using baz kind of voice):

it must be it... just look at his site guys... he left Moscow date on 25th because it would be too obvious if he removed it. the only thing he forgot is those two cities start with the same letter M (so he will be in Madrid)... Also Guns rescheduled (didn't want to use that word, more something like - will be late on) their 27th show so BF can be in Amsterdam from 12-1pm... it all fits perfectly ?Tongue

rofl rofl rofl

I go to sleep, we'll see in few days ?Tongue
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 08:21:09 PM by Velimir » Logged
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2006, 08:20:08 PM »

if Im not very mistaken, I think that was Joe Satriani, not Vai.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2006, 08:27:13 PM »

oh great, replacing buckethead for bumblefoot
b-head, b-foot

that would be pretty lame

buckethead was cool

http://www.letriton.com/ARCHIVES/trimestresPast/site%20trimestre%204-2002/jpegs/programme/28-RONTHAL.jpg

this guy=not so cool
He's a lot more normal pooking than that freak Buckethead, you just chose the most outrageously ridiculous photo of him you could find...come on. ok

ill choose the most rediculous photo of you and say your a monster

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2006, 10:36:27 PM »

I have confirmation that the new GNR member is Paul Schaffer  . That would explain the bald guy

source:   My ass
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2006, 11:04:43 PM »

I have confirmation that the new GNR member is Paul Schaffer? . That would explain the bald guy

source:? ?My ass

David Letterman will be pissed. Whats he gonna do without Paul ?
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2006, 11:07:28 PM »

The first mention of WASP was made when Bach was reminiscing about the time he was in Axl's car and Axl cranked a WASP song.

Who mentioned it initially means very little - how many times did Axl mention WASP?  And, even so, Bach's first reference was about Axl liking them.  I think Bach knows, but wont say.  Who would, when it's onlk 6 days away from hitting the mainstream anyway?

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2006, 11:35:36 PM »

If you listen real hard to the last time Axl lets us hear the rehearsal you can here the new guitarist.

That "finger picking" is definately NOT Finck or Fortus. Since it is - apparently - not Buckethead then it is someone who not only sounds like him but also plays like him.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2006, 12:19:02 AM »

Its not the guitarist from wasp... they are not gonna mention wasp if it is... they are not trying to "trick" or "hint".... Your never gonna guess it from listineng to the phone call anyways
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2006, 12:23:02 AM »

and that my friend was a false rumor..  satriani didnt recommended ron thal...

if Im not very mistaken, I think that was Joe Satriani, not Vai.

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
badapple81
« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2006, 12:24:01 AM »

How fucking cool did the solo sound when Axl played Nightrain at rehearsals!?
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: May 07, 2006, 12:26:42 AM »

Sounded great for a cell phone recording
benchiefjr
« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2006, 12:31:02 AM »

TAKEN FROM MYGNR

The new guitarist is NOT Michael Angelo Batio, Confirmed.

highvoltageacdc    
post Today, 11:08 PM
Post #1

FRONTMAN
Group Icon

Group: Level II Moderators

Guys, the new guitarist you hear on the clip is not Michael Angelo Batio.

Some time ago, when these rumours about him joining were floating around, I emailed his manager, Deb, to find out what was going on. In my email, I asked whether he would be joining Guns N' Roses - and if he wasn't, then why he was so reluctant to shoot the rumour down on the Talking Metal podcast he was on. Here was her reply:

Hi Chris,
No there is no truth to this rumor.

When Michael got hit with the question at talkingmetal.com, he knew he was booked for the year worldwide and stated that.

However, as his agent, I know he realizes that I'm constantly working on major show possiblities and I don't bother him with "maybes" until they are solid. It's not that he meant to hint that it might be true, he was just concerned that "What if Deb is talking with GNR and just hasn't told me yet"? He was being cautious.

At least now I know why Buckethead won't be my friend on myspace! LOL!

Best regards,
Deb

As you can see - no truth to the Michael Angelo rumour. Merck has also confirmed this!
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2006, 12:57:05 AM »

TAKEN FROM MYGNR

highvoltageacdc    
Post #1

FRONTMAN
Group Icon

Some time ago, when these rumours about him joining were floating around, I emailed his manager, Deb, to find out what was going on. In my email, I asked whether he would be joining Guns N' Roses - and if he wasn't, then why he was so reluctant to shoot the rumour down on the Talking Metal podcast he was on. Here was her reply:

Hi Chris,

When Michael got hit with the question at talkingmetal.com, he knew he was booked for the year worldwide and stated that.

However, as his agent, I know he realizes that I'm constantly working on major show possiblities and I don't bother him with "maybes" until they are solid. It's not that he meant to hint that it might be true, he was just concerned that "What if Deb is talking with GNR and just hasn't told me yet"? He was being cautious.

Best regards,
Deb

As you can see - no truth to the Michael Angelo rumour. Merck has also confirmed this!

what is bucketheads myspace link?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2006, 12:59:18 AM »

Definately not Batio.

We can thank our lucky stars for that.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
benchiefjr
« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2006, 01:02:44 AM »

TAKEN FROM MYGNR

highvoltageacdc    
Post #1

FRONTMAN
Group Icon

Hi Chris,

Best regards,
Deb

what is bucketheads myspace link?
http://www.myspace.com/buckethead   why?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2006, 01:24:57 AM »

I really think its Tahl now with what Tahl said on his site

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: